Jump to topic:

God is answering one simple question.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 11:41:48 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Creation does exactly what God intended. Through all the trials, temptations, and disappointments, He is using it all in His artistic beauty to show the answer to one simple question.

(Matthew 13:30)
Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.

(Collosians 1:16)
All things have been created by him and for him.

(Ephesians 1:4)
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world.

(Isaiah 48:10)
See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Why? He's proving the answer to one profound question.

(John 21:17)
The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him yet a third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:56:10 AM
At 4/21/2016 11:41:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Creation does exactly what God intended. Through all the trials, temptations, and disappointments, He is using it all in His artistic beauty to show the answer to one simple question.

Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.

See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him yet a third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."

2 things:

1. What is the question?
2. The OP provides no answer from god. It provides the words of men.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:40:46 AM
Bronto, I have a question

Are we all gods children? (Every human being on the planet)
Meh!
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:22:33 AM

So that's why baby cancer exists, to answer a profound question...............

Or maybe once again human beings making sh*t up about some divine plan.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 12:57:22 PM
At 4/22/2016 8:40:46 AM, Axonly wrote:

The Bible speaks of it as an adoption. He can't ethically force Himself onto them as their Father. There is another Father. Some choose him or other paths and are left to whatever finality comes from it.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 1:00:05 PM

It doesn't prove anything at all!
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 8:11:40 PM

And your God will show his love by throwing you into an eternal pit of Hell if you don't believe in him.
NoMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:01:43 PM

Theological fluff. "Whatever happens in the universe is exactly how god intends it." Notice no predictions. Science which seeks truth, comes up with a model that explains facts that have been observed. Then a prediction is made based on the model, in order to see if the model is correct. When the prediction is a success, the model is showing to be telling us something true.
Compare that to religion, religion makes no predictions. Such as, "if my god existed, I would predict this thing to happen or be true." Religion sits around, when event A happens, religion goes, "see, just like god would've done."
The same logic could be used to prove naturalism true. "The natural world looks just like the natural world would look without a god." No substance, no predictions, no testability. It is empty. Just like the claim, "the universe looks just like a god did it" Yet you've never predicted what the universe would look like if a god did it.
Theological reasoning
Scientist discover Big Bang: Theologian, Yep that's how god would've done it.
Scientist discover Evolution: Theologian, Yep that's how god would've done it.
Scientist discover a universe way to big to reasonably believe it's for us. Theologian, Yep that's how god would've done it.
Theology just sits around, waits for some discovery, then states, Yep that's how god would've done it.
Science puts it's money on the table and makes predictions. Theology waits to see where the ball falls on the roulette table, then puts it's chips on the corresponding number and claims it knew it all the time. Completely hollow of honest intellectual inquiry.
The truth is something discovered, not asserted. Religion asserts, it never searches. It can't search for truth. If religion searched for truth, it might find out it isn't true. Religion wants no part of any of that. So it just sits back, "Yep, that's how my god would've done it." Never ever predicting that that is how their god would've done it.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 10:27:08 PM
Oh? Let's check it out in the debate below.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 10:57:37 PM
At 4/22/2016 8:11:40 PM, janesix wrote:

And your God will show his love by throwing you into an eternal pit of Hell if you don't believe in him.

Based on?

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 8:38:09 AM
At 4/22/2016 12:57:22 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/22/2016 8:40:46 AM, Axonly wrote:

The Bible speaks of it as an adoption. He can't ethically force Himself onto them as their Father. There is another Father. Some choose him or other paths and are left to whatever finality comes from it.

Do you hate Muslims, Bronto?
Meh!