Jump to topic:

Predestination

user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:17:57 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
If Predestination is true, then it doesn't matter what people do on Earth. Those already chosen to be saved can do whatever they want and still be saved. They can be unbelievers in predestination, they can even be atheists, and they're still saved. Those already chosen not to be saved are still not saved no matter what they do. They can perfectly follow the rules of their religion and they are still not saved.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:35:44 AM
Predestination : At the end of time , All living and Non living life forms will be a part of COSMOS . End of the Story .

COSMOS = GOD = All will be one with the COSMOS/GOD

^_^
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 10:54:52 AM
At 4/24/2016 7:17:57 AM, user13579 wrote:
If Predestination is true, then it doesn't matter what people do on Earth. Those already chosen to be saved can do whatever they want and still be saved. They can be unbelievers in predestination, they can even be atheists, and they're still saved. Those already chosen not to be saved are still not saved no matter what they do. They can perfectly follow the rules of their religion and they are still not saved.

I know some believers who think you must keep the law and commands perfectly and still believe in predestination, which really confuses me...

My take on predestination is that through the sacrifice of Jesus we all have our salvation but we must accept the invitation still, so I see predestination as like a pencilled in appointment, Jesus made it possible by his sacrifice that all can be saved but we still have to accept the appointment to verify our place...
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 11:23:27 AM
At 4/24/2016 10:54:52 AM, graceofgod wrote:

I know some believers who think you must keep the law and commands perfectly and still believe in predestination, which really confuses me...

My take on predestination is that through the sacrifice of Jesus we all have our salvation but we must accept the invitation still, so I see predestination as like a pencilled in appointment, Jesus made it possible by his sacrifice that all can be saved but we still have to accept the appointment to verify our place...

what if we don't accept your Jesus?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 11:29:07 AM
At 4/24/2016 11:23:27 AM, uncung wrote:

there is no other name in heaven or on the earth by which you can be saved....
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 11:41:22 AM
You're close up to the point of saying there are those that aren't saved. You couldn't possibly know that predestination means some not saved. If anything you should reason it means everyone is saved, that would be non judgemental.
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 11:44:45 AM
At 4/24/2016 11:41:22 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
You're close up to the point of saying there are those that aren't saved. You couldn't possibly know that predestination means some not saved. If anything you should reason it means everyone is saved, that would be non judgemental.

Try reading it again. I never said that "there are those that aren't saved".
Science in a nutshell:
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 11:48:04 AM

That's basically my point. Assume predestination is true. If you're already chosen to be saved, you don't have to keep the law to be saved. If you're not already chosen to be saved, keeping the law won't save you.
Science in a nutshell:
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 12:26:24 PM
At 4/24/2016 11:29:07 AM, graceofgod wrote:

saved from what?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 1:57:00 PM
At 4/24/2016 11:48:04 AM, user13579 wrote:

That's basically my point. Assume predestination is true. If you're already chosen to be saved, you don't have to keep the law to be saved. If you're not already chosen to be saved, keeping the law won't save you.

exactly, that is what i argued with them, it makes no sense at all...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 1:57:55 PM
At 4/24/2016 12:26:24 PM, uncung wrote:

saved from what?

saved from your sins..
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:24:22 PM
At 4/24/2016 1:57:55 PM, graceofgod wrote:

saved from what?

saved from your sins..

Why do you need to be saved from your sins?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:33:56 PM

saved from what?

saved from your sins..

So, are you stealing, murdering, coveting? If so, you don't need Jesus, you need a good lawyer.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:26:04 PM
At 4/24/2016 2:24:22 PM, uncung wrote:

saved from what?

saved from your sins..

Why do you need to be saved from your sins?

try starting another thread...
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 11:21:52 PM
At 4/24/2016 11:44:45 AM, user13579 wrote:
At 4/24/2016 11:41:22 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Try reading it again. I never said that "there are those that aren't saved".
"Those already chosen not to be saved are STILL NOT SAVED no matter what they do".
"They can still follow the rules of their religion and "THEY'RE STILL NOT SAVED".
If you're implying that the mention of these stipulations isn't saying there are some that aren't saved I apologize. Please explain what you mean by this because there isn't an "if" anywhere in these statements.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 11:44:31 PM

Exactly why predestination and Calvinism are complete nonsense, predestination in Biblical terms is misconstrued. Predestination in scriptural terms simply means what God wants, not what God gets of course in relating to Human will...
If one understands fully in abiding and what that means, then one understands their participation in reality and spirituality.
musicalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 12:44:49 AM
If Predestination is true, then it doesn't matter what people do on Earth. Those already chosen to be saved can do whatever they want and still be saved. They can be unbelievers in predestination, they can even be atheists, and they're still saved. Those already chosen not to be saved are still not saved no matter what they do. They can perfectly follow the rules of their religion and they are still not saved. : :

This biblical scripture shows you that man has no affect on what God has created.

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
26: And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
27: that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
28: for ..In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your poets have said, ..For we are indeed his offspring.'
29: Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art and imagination of man.