Total Posts:97|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

This one thing about atheism is really scary!

RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:38:19 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 5:16:13 PM, UUU wrote:
* lack of content *
A universe lacking metaphysical assurances is really scary?

I suppose it could be. it depends on what you think a free life in it entitles you to.

But atheists don't lack moral, social or interpersonal content. They just don't much get it from theology.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:46:35 PM
* lack of content *
Define atheism.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
musicalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:57:01 PM
* lack of content * : :

I would rather be friends with an atheist who knows that Christians are hypocrites than being friends with a hypocrite who judges atheists.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:02:32 PM
The denial of belief in the existence of Ultimate Reality.

Which is funny, because to deny the existence of reality is the most self defeating position one can possibly adopt. If the Ultimate Reality is that there is no Ultimate Reality, how can that be reality?

It's a position of ignorance, without a doubt. It's a position of petulant refusal to accept truth. It's the position of the self worshiper, the satanist.

This isn't going to stop the atheist from being pretentious about how scientific they are though. They will fool many people, because they say what people want to hear, not the truth. The honest ones will grow out of it, and it'll be a transitional phase. The prideful and perverse will be tortured by mental illness and cognitive dissonance until they learn to keep it real and practice correct discipline.

On the bright side, valid atheist arguments can shed light to bad theology, so the atheist position isn't completely worthless as far as that concerned. Don't be fooled though, atheists don't understand theology at all, and many of them will talk much about things they don't understand. The assertion that there is no God is wholly worthless and vain.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:04:13 PM
At 4/24/2016 6:02:32 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Which is funny, because to deny the existence of reality is the most self defeating position one can possibly adopt. If the Ultimate Reality is that there is no Ultimate Reality, how can that be reality?

It's a position of ignorance, without a doubt. It's a position of petulant refusal to accept truth. It's the position of the self worshiper, the satanist.

This isn't going to stop the atheist from being pretentious about how scientific they are though. They will fool many people, because they say what people want to hear, not the truth. The honest ones will grow out of it, and it'll be a transitional phase. The prideful and perverse will be tortured by mental illness and cognitive dissonance until they learn to keep it real and practice correct discipline.

On the bright side, valid atheist arguments can shed light to bad theology, so the atheist position isn't completely worthless as far as that concerned. Don't be fooled though, atheists don't understand theology at all, and many of them will talk much about things they don't understand. The assertion that there is no God is wholly worthless and vain.

Is this in response to my question?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:17:46 PM
At 4/24/2016 6:04:13 PM, bulproof wrote:

If you really have to ask...
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:22:37 PM

Which has nothing to do with atheism.

Yes, it is. None of this has anything to do with atheism.

Please stop derailing the OP. This thread is about atheism.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:28:32 PM
At 4/24/2016 6:22:37 PM, Double_R wrote:

Oh yes, it really does. Of course most atheists don't believe this. Most atheists would not be atheists if they understood what their position actually means.

It's a position of ignorance. No one in their right and knowing mind would admit to being an atheist.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:33:04 PM
At 4/24/2016 6:28:32 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Oh yes, it really does. Of course most atheists don't believe this.

That would be because atheists actually understand what atheists believe, unlike some theists who are too lazy to attempt to understand it and instead resort to just making things up about the opposition since that is easier than dealing with their actual position.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:33:54 PM
At 4/24/2016 6:17:46 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:04:13 PM, bulproof wrote:

If you really have to ask...
Then this is my reply with the rider that until you understand what atheism is you should stay away from discussions concerning it.

Yes, it is. None of this has anything to do with atheism.

Please stop derailing the OP. This thread is about atheism.
Athomos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:52:15 PM
At 4/24/2016 6:28:32 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Oh yes, it really does. Of course most atheists don't believe this. Most atheists would not be atheists if they understood what their position actually means.

It's a position of ignorance. No one in their right and knowing mind would admit to being an atheist.

Some months ago the forum counted among its ranks a delightfully benign maniac called Universal Theologian, who, like someone suffering from Tourette, wouldn't shut up about Ultimate Reality, among other pearls of wisdom, such as the notion that it was human cogitation the cause of the expansion the universe. When pressed for evidence of this alleged Ultimate Realty, he evaded like a professional tap dancer, staled, dodged, eschewed, omitted, postponed. Yet never provided an iota of evidence, not even a comprehensive definition.

The tooth paste reside on my teeth is more concrete than that Ultimate Reality.

It seems Universal Theologian has reincarnated in you and thus my feelings are you'll continue on that old but dubious tradition of cheap talk but no walk.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:52:34 PM

Sockpuppet alert, what happened to your other account?

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:56:02 PM
This isn't about me understanding the position of atheism, it's about ya'll not understanding what God is.

You make up some strawman, say you don't believe in that strawman, and then when people call you out on the BS, you try to turn it around as if they were the ones making the strawman.

It'll go on and on forever. What's the point in me debating this? I'm not going to take someone seriously when their position is to deny reality. I might as well be talking to someone who is just making up things. It's a self defeating position. A really stupid position.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:58:29 PM
I didn't make up "Ultimate Reality", it's written in a lot of books.

Look how insecure you people are, you're moving towards discrediting me as a source rather than hearing what I'm saying. Hah

This is probably why you guys have such a stupid position.
Athomos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:04:57 PM
At 4/24/2016 6:56:02 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
This isn't about me understanding the position of atheism, it's about ya'll not understanding what God is.

Sure.
You alone understand what God is. Everybody else around here has been duped.
I wonder, do you charge for private lessons?

You make up some strawman

How so?

, say you don't believe in that strawman, and then when people call you out on the BS, you try to turn it around as if they were the ones making the strawman.

You got that backwards.

It'll go on and on forever. What's the point in me debating this?

Why would you be on a debate forum called debate.org if not to debate? And what's to debate with people who already agree with you?

I'm not going to take someone seriously when their position is to deny reality. I might as well be talking to someone who is just making up things. It's a self defeating position. A really stupid position.

I say you like risotto. You may claim you don't, but I know better and think it's stupid to even debate you on that point, as you would be just making up things- It's a self defeating position to claim you don't like risotto, when I know for a fact you crave the mushy creamy savoury porridge every single day. A really stupid position, in fact.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:06:39 PM
Atheists expect to be taken seriously by me when I plainly stated that I don't take them seriously.

Then I get accused of arrogance when I'm not the one with the arrogant position.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:10:00 PM
Why should I contribute to this bastardization of language?

No, atheism should not be a position that is taken seriously. It's stupid. Anyone who denies God doesn't have any clue as to what they are talking about. They might as well admit they are dipshits every time they declare their atheism.

Yeah, the position really is that stupid, and there isn't any way around that.
Athomos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:16:13 PM
At 4/24/2016 7:06:39 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Atheists expect to be taken seriously by me when I plainly stated that I don't take them seriously.

And just who gives a remote f_uck about you not taking them seriously?
I shan't even sleep tonight.
Why are you here if not to debate those whom disagree with your vapid assertions?

Then I get accused of arrogance when I'm not the one with the arrogant position.

Your debating skills are top notch. You're too good for this forum. The sharpness, the Shakespearian rhetoric, the persuasive yet gentle tone, the clear definitions, the copious amount of pieces of evidence, it just all coalesces in, dare I say, utter conversational genius.

Will you teach me, Master Yoda?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:20:15 PM
But what is an atheist going to do?

They are going to read my words, think I'm stupid, and go on.

You know what they would do if I told them the truth with kindness and patience?

Why should I take you insincere people seriously when it's obvious to me that none of you genuinely care about the truth? Why should I take you people seriously when you accept every defining of the concept except for what the theologians agree on? Why should I take you people seriously when it's obvious that you don't even take yourselves seriously?

It's a charade, and to be frank, the lot of you atheists should be ashamed of your willful ignorance. You should be ashamed of the fact that you are discouraging people from figuring this stuff out on their own. You should be ashamed of the fact that you offer nothing else but uneducated positions, and masquerade them as if they are in fact educated. You should be ashamed of your mocking and scoffing. You should be ashamed at your lack of substance.

And you know what? You should be ashamed that you hate me for saying these things.
Athomos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 7:26:30 PM
At 4/24/2016 7:20:15 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

You know what they would do if I told them the truth with kindness and patience?

Why should I take you insincere people seriously when it's obvious to me that none of you genuinely care about the truth? Why should I take you people seriously when you accept every defining of the concept except for what the theologians agree on? Why should I take you people seriously when it's obvious that you don't even take yourselves seriously?

It's a charade, and to be frank, the lot of you atheists should be ashamed of your willful ignorance. You should be ashamed of the fact that you are discouraging people from figuring this stuff out on their own. You should be ashamed of the fact that you offer nothing else but uneducated positions, and masquerade them as if they are in fact educated. You should be ashamed of your mocking and scoffing. You should be ashamed at your lack of substance.

And you know what? You should be ashamed that you hate me for saying these things.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do not hate you.
I just think "hey, another street corner preacher just hooped onto his worn soapbox with a megaphone. He smells funny and what he says is even funnier"

If you're not here to debate, please find a forum that shelters street corner preachers wanting to monologue.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 8:07:07 PM
At 4/24/2016 7:26:30 PM, Athomos wrote:
At 4/24/2016 7:20:15 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do not hate you.
I just think "hey, another street corner preacher just hooped onto his worn soapbox with a megaphone. He smells funny and what he says is even funnier"

If you're not here to debate, please find a forum that shelters street corner preachers wanting to monologue.

There is nothing to debate.

God is The Ultimate Reality. This is understood across denominations, across religions, and it is even in the dictionary.

Atheism is the belief that there is no God or the lack of belief in God.

Atheism is a position of futility, and the people who identify with it are ignorant.
Athomos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 8:24:34 PM
At 4/24/2016 8:07:07 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 4/24/2016 7:26:30 PM, Athomos wrote:

There is nothing to debate

Go away then, Universal Theologian. This is a haven for debate, as indicated by the web address debate.org. If you have no intention to debate, go stare at the loo mirror and preach and you will get a smirk of approval 100% of the time.

Your inanity has been exposed once, but regrettably you have not learned your lesson. The absurdity of claims like "The universe is expanding due to human cogitation", which you categorically refused to support with any sort of reference to the scientific literature - was a turning point in the debacle of your credibility.

Your vapid assertions and your punk bravata are like those scrolling neon quotes on Times Square:

Gone.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 8:38:52 PM
At 4/24/2016 7:10:00 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

No, atheism should not be a position that is taken seriously. It's stupid. Anyone who denies God doesn't have any clue as to what they are talking about. They might as well admit they are dipshits every time they declare their atheism.

Oh yes, this is you, Mr. Sockpuppet...

http://www.debate.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 8:42:10 PM
Surely, if there was something to debate, there would be one.

If you want to debate so bad, write one up.

You don't have a case. You are wrong. Suck it up and move on. If you can't accept the truth, why are you going to pretend that there is a debate about it?

There isn't a debate. Just a bunch of losers running around shouting "There is no truth!", and getting butt hurt when they are rightly called out and made fun of. Something they love to do to other people LIBERALLY.

You expect me to believe that you clowns aren't just trolling people? You pick on the weak and defenseless, and then discourage them from finding out on their own. You use misleading tactics, and feign the scientific position. It's wicked. It's evil. It's wrong.

You can't fool me, the truth is obvious, and atheists have NOTHING to stand on.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 8:51:16 PM
At 4/24/2016 8:38:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

"A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person."

Have I voted on any of this user's debates? Have I mentioned them ever in comment? Of what benefit is it of me to be deceptive?

Maybe YOU'RE a sock puppet. You sure the hell look like an anonymous internet persona to me. Quit being dumb.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 8:58:02 PM
At 4/24/2016 8:51:16 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 4/24/2016 8:38:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

"A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person."

Have I voted on any of this user's debates? Have I mentioned them ever in comment? Of what benefit is it of me to be deceptive?

I have no idea why you felt compelled to open another account here, but you did, that is obvious.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 9:17:52 PM
This is how dumb you people are. Half of the arguments consist of "Oh, you must be THIS guy!"

Yeah, you know what? I have been on this site before. I was on this site before it was sold to Juggle. I've been around for a very long time. I don't think it's anyone's business what I've decided to debate under in the past. I'm doing something different now.

Or you know what, go ahead and think I'm the same person as that other user. It'll be funnier when you all make yourselves look dumb by derailing every topic shouting, "Aha, look who it is!".

As if anyone gives a damn anyway.

Wait, if I say I'm this guy, will I become a celebrity? Will you all give me cookies? If so, it better be a lot of them.

Never mind...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 10:01:38 PM
At 4/24/2016 8:24:34 PM, Athomos wrote:
The absurdity of claims like "The universe is expanding due to human cogitation", which you categorically refused to support with any sort of reference to the scientific literature - was a turning point in the debacle of your credibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Woah, maybe "the universe is expanding due to human cognition" actually makes sense.

The idea that information cannot be destroyed is one that is commonly accepted in physics.

But of course, leave it to the pretentious atheist to claim to have the scientific view. Have you ever performed any experiments in your life? No? What do you believe everything just because you read it and it was said to be authoritative?

Yeah, hypocrites, the lot of you. There may still be hope yet if people GOT REAL.