Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 6:40:04 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Christ speaks on the end of days

http://youtu.be...

(Mark 1:15)
"The time promised by God has come at last!" he announced. "The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!"

Time is running out. It is time Atheists and Agnostics. Try harder to find faith in Christ, in God. It is up to you. The kingdom of God is soon at hand.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 6:44:21 PM
At 4/25/2016 6:40:04 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

It sounds like you need more faith, Bronto. Are you having trouble believing your dogma, without having to preach it to others five times a day?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 6:57:40 PM
At 4/25/2016 6:44:21 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

It sounds like you need more faith, Bronto. Are you having trouble believing your dogma, without having to preach it to others five times a day?

What did you think of the video
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 6:57:45 PM

5 times a day...is that all!?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:00:10 PM
At 4/25/2016 6:57:45 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Did you enjoy the video

RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:03:38 PM

I assume that every time he sees a Muslim pray, Bronto has to launch a vilifying polemic on DDO. I don't know whether he's moved under a muezzin's tower to get the the salah times right, or has an obliging muezzin call him at home.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:06:59 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:03:38 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

I assume that every time he sees a Muslim pray, Bronto has to launch a vilifying polemic on DDO. I don't know whether he's moved under a muezzin's tower to get the the salah times right, or has an obliging muezzin call him at home.

How was the vid

Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:07:17 PM

"The time promised by God has come at last!" he announced. "The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!"

Time is running out. It is time Atheists and Agnostics.

People have been saying that for how long, now? (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

Try harder to find faith in Christ, in God. It is up to you. The kingdom of God is soon at hand.

Why is he evading and hiding from us? I'm not capable of willingly believing in something without valid reason; that's just how I am. If God exists, then certainly He knows what it would take for me to be convinced and could easily do so if He so chose. Thus far, He has not "thrown me a bone" even though I've actively sought out plausible reason. So, if God exists, He apparently wants me to be an atheist.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:07:53 PM

Lol. You've been here for over 2 years, and BR has almost as many forums posts as you... in about 3 months. Slacker.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:08:43 PM

Wow, they had better video cameras 2000 years ago then they had in the 1970's. Funny thing, though, Jesus is white and looks like an actor playing himself.

Time is running out. It is time Atheists and Agnostics. Try harder to find faith in Christ, in God. It is up to you. The kingdom of God is soon at hand.

Paranoia is sooner at hand.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:12:48 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:08:43 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Wow, they had better video cameras 2000 years ago then they had in the 1970's. Funny thing, though, Jesus is white and looks like an actor playing himself.

Oh? Look up Jews on google and go to images.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:15:04 PM

Ishmael was the father of the Arab tribes. His mother was a slave from another part of the world. Jews come from Isaac who had a different mother, Sarai. Jews are not Arabs.

RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:15:05 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:06:59 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

How was the vid

I've already told you that I don't follow blind links from members I don't trust. You'd need to put in some serious leg-work before they'd be interesting enough to click on, think about and discuss.

You, however, are mightily entertaining in your own right!

It's a rare treat to see a person so self-satisfied with knowing so little about secularism, atheism, and Islam, work so hard to get people who in general, know more than he does, to agree with his shameless ignorance. :)

I cannot commend your diligence, humility or self-examination, my dear Brontage, but your courage and tenacity are without peer. :)
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:19:27 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:15:05 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

How was the vid

I've already told you that I don't follow blind links from members I don't trust. You'd need to put in some serious leg-work before they'd be interesting enough to click on, think about and discuss.

It's a rare treat to see a person so self-satisfied with knowing so little about secularism, atheism, and Islam, work so hard to get people who in general, know more than he does, to agree with his shameless ignorance. :)

I cannot commend your diligence, humility or self-examination, my dear Brontage, but your courage and tenacity are without peer. :)

I was raised in Islam, turned Atheist, became Christian. I'm yet to see an Atheist quote a Sura yet.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:20:27 PM

How was the vid

And you are a part of a religion called Atheism.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:23:40 PM

How was the vid

It's okay to be scared to watch the link. Atheists must stay focused on Atheist doctrine. I understand. ;-)

RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:25:54 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:19:27 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

How was the vid

I was raised in Islam, turned Atheist, became Christian.

That could be the most interesting thing you've ever posted, B.

My frequent teasings of you aside, I for one would be sincerely interested in how long you were Muslim, of what sect, why you left Islam, why you kept looking for a monotheistic account of the world, why of all possible faiths you picked a faith so militant as US fundamentalist Evangelicalism, and how your family feels about that.

That's a sincere request to share that story, if you wish -- in another thread.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:26:09 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:12:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Nazareth is known as the Arab Capital of Israel, all the Jews from there are brown, not white. Perhaps, it is you who needs to look that up.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:27:37 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:26:09 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Nazareth is known as the Arab Capital of Israel, all the Jews from there are brown, not white. Perhaps, it is you who needs to look that up.

King of the Jews, not the Arabs. Palestine's current demographics are not what they were in Jesus' time period.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:28:23 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:15:04 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Ishmael was the father of the Arab tribes. His mother was a slave from another part of the world. Jews come from Isaac who had a different mother, Sarai. Jews are not Arabs.

But, some Arabs are Jews, specifically from exactly the same place Jesus was raised. Look it up yourself.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:29:51 PM

A lot of white people are brownish. Doesn't meke them Arabs.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:30:15 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:27:37 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

King of the Jews, not the Arabs. Palestine's current demographics are not what they were in Jesus' time period.

True, there were even more brown skinned Arabs back then.

Btw, who took the video of Jesus?
Stronn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:31:15 PM

I like the part where the video quotes Matthew 24:29: "..and the stars will fall from heaven..." We find the same thing repeated in Mark 13:25: "...and the stars will be falling from the heavens...", in Isaiah 34:4: "All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree." and in Revelation 6:13: "and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind."

It illustrates the fact that the writers of the Bible conceived of stars as tiny lights fastened to the dome of the sky, and were utterly ignorant of their true nature.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:33:12 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:20:27 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

How was the vid

And you are a part of a religion called Atheism.

No, I really am not. :) I own no atheist books, and have never even read any. I go to no atheist meetings and have no interest in doing so, perform no atheist ceremonies (whatever they might be)... and have more friends who believe in some sort of god than atheist friends.

I don't even identify as an atheist, except when the religious want to know what religion I am. Demographically, I'm of no religion -- religious none -- except if people try to tell others what to believe, how to worship, or accept perverse moralities based on fear, ignorance and superstition.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:34:52 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:23:40 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

How was the vid

It's okay to be scared to watch the link. Atheists must stay focused on Atheist doctrine. I understand. ;-)

Bronto, I promise you I'm spending as much effort watching your links, as you are researching the subjects you pronounce on. :p
musicalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:35:12 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:25:54 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

How was the vid

My frequent teasings of you aside, I for one would be sincerely interested in how long you were Muslim, of what sect, why you left Islam, why you kept looking for a monotheistic account of the world, why of all possible faiths you picked a faith so militant as US fundamentalist Evangelicalism, and how your family feels about that.

That's a sincere request to share that story, if you wish -- in another thread. : :

You handle these religious fools so well my friend. They will go to their graves waiting for their savior to save them from going to hell. It's too bad they believe their savior is a visible man they can observe in a picture hanging on a wall in a false god they built with their human hands.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:36:16 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:35:12 PM, musicalone wrote:
At 4/25/2016 7:25:54 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

How was the vid

That's a sincere request to share that story, if you wish -- in another thread. : :

You handle these religious fools so well my friend.

Hey Brad! How's the guitar? :D
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:40:37 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:34:52 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

How was the vid

Bronto, I promise you I'm spending as much effort watching your links, as you are researching the subjects you pronounce on. :p

I've been in 30 debates just in this forum alone and in a short time. I've studied theology for nearly 30 years.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:43:51 PM

Lets see.... Time to look you say? Well.... OK. Ill check and get back with you.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:51:28 PM
At 4/25/2016 7:40:37 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/25/2016 7:34:52 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

How was the vid

I've been in 30 debates just in this forum alone and in a short time. I've studied theology for nearly 30 years.

It is truly amazing, then, that you get so much, so wrong, so often.