Jump to topic:

god cares?

missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 5:33:12 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Is there good evidence that god cares about our religious belief?
If god is good, he won't care how you believe in him, as long as you are the best person you could be.
If there is no god, then it's worth being good for its own sake: because we have compassion for other people, and because being good makes our world a better place, for ourselves and everyone else.
Begin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 2:23:17 PM
At 4/30/2016 5:33:12 AM, missmedic wrote:
If god is good, he won't care how you believe in him, as long as you are the best person you could be.
If there is no god, then it's worth being good for its own sake: because we have compassion for other people, and because being good makes our world a better place, for ourselves and everyone else.

The Scrptures. The Bible. JESUS taught! Teaching requires info on what is needed. Direction, order, instructions. "If" HE is " good" .....and insert your opinion on God's instructions?
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 2:43:43 PM

I'm not going to argue the legitimacy of near death experiences but there was a study conducted and they found atheists and people of all religions were just as likely to have a positive near death experience (17% are a negative experience). If someone were to argue that near death experiences are evidence for an afterlife, then the evidence would show that the religion, or lack thereof, is irrelevant.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 2:47:11 PM
If God cares there wouldn't be so many around saying He doesn't care. To be the best person you can be can only be to strive to be like the first not what came between second and last. Don't be fooled by a world glimmering with reflections of deceptions , everything a test and fail you still say I'm the best I can be(?)
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 2:47:49 PM
At 4/30/2016 2:23:17 PM, Begin wrote:

The Scrptures. The Bible. JESUS taught! Teaching requires info on what is needed. Direction, order, instructions. "If" HE is " good" .....and insert your opinion on God's instructions?

Do you really need religion to tell you rape is wrong? That would imply you would be a rapist if you didn't find religion.

Side note: The Old Testament condones rape in some instances.

What would you do to hurt others if you were not a Christian?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 2:51:25 PM

God cares about our belief. He provides the good reward for the people who believe in the true believe, and He tortures the people who adhere the wrong belief.
Don't try to attribute the God by your own version.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 2:55:18 PM
At 4/30/2016 2:51:25 PM, uncung wrote:

God cares about our belief. He provides the good reward for the people who believe in the true believe, and He tortures the people who adhere the wrong belief.

What an evil god you worship! He tortures people for eternity merely for believing in the wrong god!
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 2:56:14 PM
At 4/30/2016 2:55:18 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

What an evil god you worship! He tortures people for eternity merely for believing in the wrong god!

Are you not afraid of that such evil God?
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:07:43 PM
At 4/30/2016 2:56:14 PM, uncung wrote:

If it existed I'd be terrified of it! Fortunately Allah is a made up boogeyman. Mohammed invented him (or should I say stole him from the Christian religion ) to scare people into believing in his lies.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:12:47 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:07:43 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

If it existed I'd be terrified of it! Fortunately Allah is a made up boogeyman. Mohammed invented him (or should I say stole him from the Christian religion ) to scare people into believing in his lies.

And are you not sacred of that such God at all?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:14:20 PM

God is clearly a sick and twisted individual if he's torturing innocent people.

Your version of God is insane.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:16:59 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:14:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

And my version of God doesn't make you get scared at all?
Begin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:20:28 PM

No eternal torment!
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:20:59 PM

it seem obvious that your god is the idea of what you think god ought to be. hence made in your own image. because the Creator and Judge the God of Israel's Son the Lord Jesus Christ says;

Luk 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
Luk 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.
Luk 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

so yes, who, and how, is imperative to your Salvation. hence the very reason in the importance of spreading the Gospel through out the world. despite the hatred for it in the world. the Gospel is for the faithful not the doubter and denier thereof.

God's people are to be according to His satisfaction.

not, man's god is according to man's satisfaction, that would be just an idol held in the heart of the man.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:26:28 PM
If there is no god, then it's worth being good for its own sake: because we have compassion for other people, and because being good makes our world a better place, for ourselves and everyone else. : :

What do you mean by being good? There are many people who appear to be evil but they are very good compared to the people who judge them.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:30:09 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:12:47 PM, uncung wrote:

I answered above. I'm not scared of things that don't exist.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:32:32 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:16:59 PM, uncung wrote:

No, because if such a spiteful and petty god existed, he would have made himself known by now.

Islam and Christianity don't have a monopoly on spiteful and petty gods. Almost all ancient religions have one. They are created in man's image.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:32:38 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:30:09 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

We are afraid of things we aren't sure about, like darkness. It adds to the uncertainty.

Your genes scream 'I' m afraid '.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:38:12 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:32:38 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

We are afraid of things we aren't sure about, like darkness. It adds to the uncertainty.

Because ancient men were afraid of the dark and death they invented gods. Some eejits still believe in them today.
Begin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:38:26 PM
At 4/30/2016 2:47:49 PM, matt8800 wrote:

Do you really need religion to tell you rape is wrong? That would imply you would be a rapist if you didn't find religion.

Seems to be. Yes, but in a broader sence.

Condones? Enlighten me!

Who can know, the heart is desperatly wicked, and who can know it?
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:49:12 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:38:26 PM, Begin wrote:

If you would be a rapist without religion, then you should keep religion for the sake of the women you would have raped.

To me and other atheists I know, they find rape utterly detestable.

Condones? Enlighten me!

In the Old Testament Moses encourages his men to use captured virgins for their own sexual pleasure, i.e. to rape them. After urging his men to kill the male captives and female captive who are not virgins he says: "But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves" (Numbers 31: 18).

Every atheist I know personally are kind and compassionate people. I acknowledge that people that do not have the intelligence to reason what is moral, or people that do not naturally possess empathy (such as a sociopath), might be better citizens with religion.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:51:59 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:38:12 PM, desmac wrote:

Because ancient men were afraid of the dark and death they invented gods. Some eejits still believe in them today.

Show us the video.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:01:09 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:16:59 PM, uncung wrote:

Of course not, but the idiots who believe and follow that version certainly concern me. They are dangerous people who often live their lives punishing other innocent people.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Begin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:06:50 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:49:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/30/2016 3:38:26 PM, Begin wrote:

If you would be a rapist without religion, then you should keep religion for the sake of the women you would have raped.

To me and other atheists I know, they find rape utterly detestable.

Condones? Enlighten me!

In the Old Testament Moses encourages his men to use captured virgins for their own sexual pleasure, i.e. to rape them. After urging his men to kill the male captives and female captive who are not virgins he says: "But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves" (Numbers 31: 18).

Every atheist I know personally are kind and compassionate people. I acknowledge that people that do not have the intelligence to reason what is moral, or people that do not naturally possess empathy (such as a sociopath), might be better citizens with religion.

Need to go to church right now, but I'll be back to discuss this with you later, sorry. Its a full day, so probably not until tonight.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:09:59 PM

Lol. I'm not scared of the dark. I know Allah does not exist. I'm not scared of things I know don't exist. The concept of a Dragon is scary but as it does not exist its stupid to fear dragons.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:15:01 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:51:59 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Show us the video.

They didn't have video cameras back in pre-historic times.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:21:25 PM
At 4/30/2016 4:09:59 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Lol. I'm not scared of the dark. I know Allah does not exist.

Read my reply. Again.

I'm not scared of things I know don't exist. The concept of a Dragon is scary but as it does not exist its stupid to fear dragons.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:25:12 PM
At 4/30/2016 4:15:01 PM, desmac wrote:

Show us the video.

YouTube has existed since antiquity.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:26:57 PM
At 4/30/2016 4:25:12 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 4/30/2016 4:15:01 PM, desmac wrote:

Show us the video.

YouTube has existed since antiquity.

You call 2005 antiquity?
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 7:17:13 PM

Hypocrite, you are making up your own version of God. It sounds more like satan to me.