Jump to topic:

The Bible must cause deception.

oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:32:23 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
The Bible has been used to divide up people into thousands of groups who all believe they have the correct interpretations. Which group do you belong to and why are your interpretations correct compared to the other groups?
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:34:30 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:32:23 PM, oo00 wrote:
The Bible has been used to divide up people into thousands of groups who all believe they have the correct interpretations. Which group do you belong to and why are your interpretations correct compared to the other groups?

Welcome to ddo, my friend. We are lucky to have you here with us. Thanks.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:39:57 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:34:30 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Welcome to ddo, my friend. We are lucky to have you here with us. Thanks. : :

Thank you!!! You can call it luck if you want but I know determinism is true.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:00:04 PM
At 4/30/2016 3:39:57 PM, oo00 wrote:

Logic dictates that there must be starting point and that there must be a cause.

Determinism refuted.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 5:31:43 PM
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 6:49:10 PM
At 4/30/2016 4:00:04 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 4/30/2016 3:39:57 PM, oo00 wrote:

Logic dictates that there must be starting point and that there must be a cause.

Determinism refuted. : :

That's what some scientists and religious people will tell you. But I know differently.
ViceRegent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 6:50:04 PM

They are true.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 6:50:54 PM
At 4/30/2016 5:31:43 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power : :

Beware of any man who quotes the scriptures without referring to the prophet who wrote it lest he will be known for plagiarism.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 7:00:53 PM
At 4/30/2016 6:50:04 PM, ViceRegent wrote:

They are true. : :

Who is they and what is true?
ViceRegent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 7:18:50 PM
At 4/30/2016 7:00:53 PM, oo00 wrote:

My interpretations.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 7:20:05 PM
At 4/30/2016 7:18:50 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 4/30/2016 7:00:53 PM, oo00 wrote:

My interpretations. : :

Have you started your own religious denomination yet?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 7:36:11 PM
At 4/30/2016 6:50:54 PM, oo00 wrote:
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power : :

Beware of any man who quotes the scriptures without referring to the prophet who wrote it lest he will be known for plagiarism.

Beware of any man who claims that the truth can be plagiarized.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 8:14:45 PM
At 4/30/2016 7:36:11 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Beware of any man who claims that the truth can be plagiarized. : :

There is no Truth in the Bible. It can only be given to the chosen few who God used to witness it as it flowed from the Voice of God.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 8:23:09 PM
At 4/30/2016 8:14:45 PM, oo00 wrote:

There is no Truth in the Bible. It can only be given to the chosen few who God used to witness it as it flowed from the Voice of God.

Yes, but "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

This I am a witness to, so I am not quite for the idea of making bible burn piles.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 10:24:51 PM
At 4/30/2016 8:23:09 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 4/30/2016 8:14:45 PM, oo00 wrote:

Yes, but "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

This I am a witness to, so I am not quite for the idea of making bible burn piles. : :

All the Bibles that have ever been produced by religious heathens will be burned up on the last day of this first age. Then all those who were created in the Word of God will continue on forever.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 10:34:25 PM
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

Amen
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 10:39:33 PM
At 4/30/2016 10:34:25 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

Amen : :

And the Word of God is the same thing as the Voice of God which is not the Bible. The Bible cannot speak or know whether you're a liar or not. God used the Word to speak his creation into existence and also uses it to send information into all the minds of his created beings to give them a visible world to live in.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 10:39:52 PM
At 4/30/2016 10:24:51 PM, oo00 wrote:

All the Bibles that have ever been produced by religious heathens will be burned up on the last day of this first age. Then all those who were created in the Word of God will continue on forever.

If you think you're living in the first age then clearly you've not aged well.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 10:41:48 PM
At 4/30/2016 10:39:52 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

If you think you're living in the first age then clearly you've not aged well. : :

We're all living in the first part of God's simulation program. Once he has deleted all the information that gave us life experiences in the first part of the program, we will enter a new age called the New Heaven and Earth. And by the way, the Voice of God is timeless.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 10:46:31 PM
Evidently, the universe wasn't created through the bible, so we know that this isn't The Word that the bible testifies of.

The bible is a testimony. Thus the word "testament" in describing the parts of it.

I enjoy the bible, and I believe that it is an effective teaching tool that has led many people to the realization of salvation. I can't blaspheme the scripture, I love it far too much.

There is a fine line between respecting scripture and turning it into an idol, certainly. This is addressed in the scriptures, and this to me is what sanctifies the scripture.

To do anything else seems like chaos worship to me.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 11:13:09 PM
At 4/30/2016 10:41:48 PM, oo00 wrote:

If you think you're living in the first age then clearly you've not aged well. : :

We're all living in the first part of God's simulation program. Once he has deleted all the information that gave us life experiences in the first part of the program, we will enter a new age called the New Heaven and Earth. And by the way, the Voice of God is timeless.

Time tells all if that's all one cares to know. I know everything. Everything you think is under the sphere of Gods simulation, then why must the One return with a sword to take back what you say is the construct in its control?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 12:02:43 AM
Yeah run along preacher boi who can't keep a screen name longer than the time needed I'll teach ya something you don't know no cia nsa hls(WTF?)
stepping to me with no holds barred reality and still im free I'm free. Nah just playing. I'm not playing
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 12:07:45 AM
At 4/30/2016 11:13:09 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Time tells all if that's all one cares to know. I know everything. Everything you think is under the sphere of Gods simulation, then why must the One return with a sword to take back what you say is the construct in its control? : :

I am He with the sword.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 12:56:51 AM
At 5/1/2016 12:07:45 AM, oo00 wrote:

Time tells all if that's all one cares to know. I know everything. Everything you think is under the sphere of Gods simulation, then why must the One return with a sword to take back what you say is the construct in its control? : :

I am He with the sword.

Yeah and my colors are yellow and green proven twice gumball machine don't lie you lie my dog and cat don't lie when they say they got more metaphysical kung-fu they Bruce Lee you karate kid with a broke bike.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:01:08 AM
At 5/1/2016 12:56:51 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 5/1/2016 12:07:45 AM, oo00 wrote:

I am He with the sword.

Yeah and my colors are yellow and green proven twice gumball machine don't lie you lie my dog and cat don't lie when they say they got more metaphysical kung-fu they Bruce Lee you karate kid with a broke bike. : :

Christians don't who I am. Only chosen believers believe that I'm He.
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:05:57 AM
At 4/30/2016 10:46:31 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Evidently, the universe wasn't created through the bible, so we know that this isn't The Word that the bible testifies of.

The bible is a testimony. Thus the word "testament" in describing the parts of it.

I enjoy the bible, and I believe that it is an effective teaching tool that has led many people to the realization of salvation. I can't blaspheme the scripture, I love it far too much.

There is a fine line between respecting scripture and turning it into an idol, certainly. This is addressed in the scriptures, and this to me is what sanctifies the scripture.

To do anything else seems like chaos worship to me. : :

Here's what happens to those who believe the Bible is the Word;

2 Corinthians 3;
14: But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
15: Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds;
16: but when a man turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Do you know what "Christ" means? It's not the name of a man but all men came from it.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:10:20 AM
It is also written,

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymen"us and Philetus; who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master"s use, and prepared unto every good work."
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:15:18 AM

Most of the "divisions" are semantics. All Christians view Jesus as the only way to salvation and that He is divine.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
oo00
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:17:45 AM
At 5/1/2016 1:15:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Most of the "divisions" are semantics. All Christians view Jesus as the only way to salvation and that He is divine. : :

LOL !!!! If that was true, then all Christians could be united but because of our Creator, he makes sure they stay confused and fearful.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:25:02 AM
At 5/1/2016 1:17:45 AM, oo00 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:15:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Most of the "divisions" are semantics. All Christians view Jesus as the only way to salvation and that He is divine. : :

LOL !!!! If that was true, then all Christians could be united but because of our Creator, he makes sure they stay confused and fearful.

All denominations in my city meet at the United Christians Assembly. Anything else?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...