Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do theists hate evolution?

janesix
Posts: 3,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 9:20:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Historically, people have tried to use evolution to discredit theism.

Personally, I don't think that belief in evolution and belief in God are mutually exclusive.

In fact, Muslim scholars were putting into words the concept of evolution 500+ years before Darwin did. They didn't find it threatening to their faith at all.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Geogeer
Posts: 4,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 9:26:56 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:20:53 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Historically, people have tried to use evolution to discredit theism.

Personally, I don't think that belief in evolution and belief in God are mutually exclusive.

In fact, Muslim scholars were putting into words the concept of evolution 500+ years before Darwin did. They didn't find it threatening to their faith at all.

I believe that Augustine had a bit of a proto-evolution concept.
Athomos
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 9:36:48 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I wouldn't say they hate it. Some don't accept it. A significant portion of these doesn't even seem to understand the rudiments, as perusal of the anti-Evolution forum topics will anecdotally show.

Some Christians understand that Evolution is fatal to their doctrine. It's not just that it explicitly contradicts the biblical account, it neuters the role of Christ. Those who try to reconcile the two dig themselves an even deeper hole.
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 11:19:04 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

They have that bad self esteem that they interpret "we evolved from former primates" as "haha you are a stupid monkey who probably flings your feces".
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:14:39 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

Evolution does not disprove theism and many theists are very good at building their beliefs around it. But before the theory of evolution theism seemed almost obvious because of the immense complexity of life and it seemed ridiculous that anything but a divine creator could create that complexity. When evolution came along we found that most complexity in life evolved through natural selection and mutations. The only hole is that we don't have a strong theory of the origin of life.

Evolution made atheism more plausible and theism no longer obvious and made the atheism vs theism debate far more contentious. Since theism says that God exists it has the burden of proof and without a strong design argument it often can't fulfill its burden of proof.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:26:57 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

It's a faith based dogma. Walking whales. Whales came from hooved hyenas. Asexual entities magically decided on penises and vaginas at the exact same time...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:31:43 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

When people tell the truth they get more ridicule than if telling 6,000 lies. I feed off of the ridicule. That's how I know I'm being honest. It's why Liberals love Hillary. She says what they want to hear rather than the truth. When you tell the truth your rallies are met with violent protest.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:35:06 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:26:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

It's a faith based dogma. Walking whales. Whales came from hooved hyenas. Asexual entities magically decided on penises and vaginas at the exact same time...

But did you read the wiki?

Think of evolution like this:
There is a species of dog. Some have shorter legs, some have longer.
The dogs hunt animals, therefore they need to be fast.
The dogs with longer legs are faster, therefore they catch more animals.
The dogs with shorter legs are slower, therefore its harder to catch animals.
The dogs with longer legs grow stronger and healthier because they have more food.
They reproduce more then dogs with short legs.
It becomes a cycle, because eventually there will be more dogs with longer legs, who are more fertile breeding with other long legged dogs, etc.
The shorter legged dogs die out because they can't compete with the longer legged dogs.
The species has slowly evolved to have longer legs.
Boom.
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:36:09 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:31:43 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

When people tell the truth they get more ridicule than if telling 6,000 lies. I feed off of the ridicule. That's how I know I'm being honest. It's why Liberals love Hillary. She says what they want to hear rather than the truth. When you tell the truth your rallies are met with violent protest.

Has nothing to do with the page, but I tried to have a fair assessement
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:43:53 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:35:06 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:26:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

It's a faith based dogma. Walking whales. Whales came from hooved hyenas. Asexual entities magically decided on penises and vaginas at the exact same time...

But did you read the wiki?


Think of evolution like this:
There is a species of dog. Some have shorter legs, some have longer.
The dogs hunt animals, therefore they need to be fast.
The dogs with longer legs are faster, therefore they catch more animals.
The dogs with shorter legs are slower, therefore its harder to catch animals.
The dogs with longer legs grow stronger and healthier because they have more food.
They reproduce more then dogs with short legs.
It becomes a cycle, because eventually there will be more dogs with longer legs, who are more fertile breeding with other long legged dogs, etc.
The shorter legged dogs die out because they can't compete with the longer legged dogs.
The species has slowly evolved to have longer legs.
Boom.

That's not how it works. What you just described happens every single day. People have long legged offspring every day. Every single day. Long legs is a part of the variation of homo sapiens. The long leggers can keep having long legged offspring, and keep on. And then guess what we get? Long legged humans. Any tails? Nope. And wings? Nope. Any fins? Nope. Does secular biologist David Berlinski call the theory a fraud? Yep.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:46:20 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Berlinski calls out Darwinian b.s.

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:05:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:43:53 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:35:06 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:26:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

It's a faith based dogma. Walking whales. Whales came from hooved hyenas. Asexual entities magically decided on penises and vaginas at the exact same time...

But did you read the wiki?


Think of evolution like this:
There is a species of dog. Some have shorter legs, some have longer.
The dogs hunt animals, therefore they need to be fast.
The dogs with longer legs are faster, therefore they catch more animals.
The dogs with shorter legs are slower, therefore its harder to catch animals.
The dogs with longer legs grow stronger and healthier because they have more food.
They reproduce more then dogs with short legs.
It becomes a cycle, because eventually there will be more dogs with longer legs, who are more fertile breeding with other long legged dogs, etc.
The shorter legged dogs die out because they can't compete with the longer legged dogs.
The species has slowly evolved to have longer legs.
Boom.

That's not how it works. What you just described happens every single day. People have long legged offspring every day. Every single day. Long legs is a part of the variation of homo sapiens. The long leggers can keep having long legged offspring, and keep on. And then guess what we get? Long legged humans. Any tails? Nope. And wings? Nope. Any fins? Nope. Does secular biologist David Berlinski call the theory a fraud? Yep.

Wait what? Whatever you just responded with was anything but coherent.
"that's not how it works"
why?
"what you just described happens every single day"
exactly...
"Every single day."
you already clarified that
"Long legs is a part of the variation of homo sapiens"
This is irrelevant, we're talking about a hypothetical species of dogs, but yes, true.
"The long leggers can keep having long legged offspring, and keep on"
Yes, because in the human race their is no real advantage of having long legs to survive, UNLIKE the doggos
"And then guess what we get? Long legged humans."
Exactly, since more of one variation is reproducing then another, there will be more of the species with a greater reproduction.
"Any tails?"
No, because why would we need them? We evolve because certain characteristics help you "survive better" it just doesn't happen over night for some reason
"Does secular biologist David Berlinski call the theory a fraud? Yep."
So what? Does biologist Charles Darwin call the theory correct? Yep.
Does pretty much every college/university support and teaches the theory? Yep.
Did you have to desperately search for biologists who don't support the theory? Yep.
(which said biologist has been highly criticized)
I'm done with this, apparently you can't directly respond to a post
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:18:16 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 2:05:44 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:43:53 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:35:06 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:26:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

It's a faith based dogma. Walking whales. Whales came from hooved hyenas. Asexual entities magically decided on penises and vaginas at the exact same time...

But did you read the wiki?


Think of evolution like this:
There is a species of dog. Some have shorter legs, some have longer.
The dogs hunt animals, therefore they need to be fast.
The dogs with longer legs are faster, therefore they catch more animals.
The dogs with shorter legs are slower, therefore its harder to catch animals.
The dogs with longer legs grow stronger and healthier because they have more food.
They reproduce more then dogs with short legs.
It becomes a cycle, because eventually there will be more dogs with longer legs, who are more fertile breeding with other long legged dogs, etc.
The shorter legged dogs die out because they can't compete with the longer legged dogs.
The species has slowly evolved to have longer legs.
Boom.

That's not how it works. What you just described happens every single day. People have long legged offspring every day. Every single day. Long legs is a part of the variation of homo sapiens. The long leggers can keep having long legged offspring, and keep on. And then guess what we get? Long legged humans. Any tails? Nope. And wings? Nope. Any fins? Nope. Does secular biologist David Berlinski call the theory a fraud? Yep.

Wait what? Whatever you just responded with was anything but coherent.
"that's not how it works"
why?
"what you just described happens every single day"
exactly...
"Every single day."
you already clarified that
"Long legs is a part of the variation of homo sapiens"
This is irrelevant, we're talking about a hypothetical species of dogs, but yes, true.
"The long leggers can keep having long legged offspring, and keep on"
Yes, because in the human race their is no real advantage of having long legs to survive, UNLIKE the doggos
"And then guess what we get? Long legged humans."
Exactly, since more of one variation is reproducing then another, there will be more of the species with a greater reproduction.
"Any tails?"
No, because why would we need them? We evolve because certain characteristics help you "survive better" it just doesn't happen over night for some reason
"Does secular biologist David Berlinski call the theory a fraud? Yep."
So what? Does biologist Charles Darwin call the theory correct? Yep.
Does pretty much every college/university support and teaches the theory? Yep.
Did you have to desperately search for biologists who don't support the theory? Yep.
(which said biologist has been highly criticized)
I'm done with this, apparently you can't directly respond to a post

I can give you a 200 page list of some opponents of evolution.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:20:35 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Skeptics

www.rae.org/pdf/darwinskeptics.pdf
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:25:19 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 2:05:44 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:43:53 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:35:06 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:26:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

It's a faith based dogma. Walking whales. Whales came from hooved hyenas. Asexual entities magically decided on penises and vaginas at the exact same time...

But did you read the wiki?


Think of evolution like this:
There is a species of dog. Some have shorter legs, some have longer.
The dogs hunt animals, therefore they need to be fast.
The dogs with longer legs are faster, therefore they catch more animals.
The dogs with shorter legs are slower, therefore its harder to catch animals.
The dogs with longer legs grow stronger and healthier because they have more food.
They reproduce more then dogs with short legs.
It becomes a cycle, because eventually there will be more dogs with longer legs, who are more fertile breeding with other long legged dogs, etc.
The shorter legged dogs die out because they can't compete with the longer legged dogs.
The species has slowly evolved to have longer legs.
Boom.

That's not how it works. What you just described happens every single day. People have long legged offspring every day. Every single day. Long legs is a part of the variation of homo sapiens. The long leggers can keep having long legged offspring, and keep on. And then guess what we get? Long legged humans. Any tails? Nope. And wings? Nope. Any fins? Nope. Does secular biologist David Berlinski call the theory a fraud? Yep.

Wait what? Whatever you just responded with was anything but coherent.
"that's not how it works"
why?
"what you just described happens every single day"
exactly...
"Every single day."
you already clarified that
"Long legs is a part of the variation of homo sapiens"
This is irrelevant, we're talking about a hypothetical species of dogs, but yes, true.
"The long leggers can keep having long legged offspring, and keep on"
Yes, because in the human race their is no real advantage of having long legs to survive, UNLIKE the doggos
"And then guess what we get? Long legged humans."
Exactly, since more of one variation is reproducing then another, there will be more of the species with a greater reproduction.
"Any tails?"
No, because why would we need them? We evolve because certain characteristics help you "survive better" it just doesn't happen over night for some reason
"Does secular biologist David Berlinski call the theory a fraud? Yep."
So what? Does biologist Charles Darwin call the theory correct? Yep.
Does pretty much every college/university support and teaches the theory? Yep.
Did you have to desperately search for biologists who don't support the theory? Yep.
(which said biologist has been highly criticized)
I'm done with this, apparently you can't directly respond to a post

Imagine a video game where you make your own avatar. You have so many lips, so many ears, so many eyes, etc. You can make all kinds of mixes of avatars. But guess what. Youcan't make an avatar that has attributes not on that list. People who cross breed flowers (bronto), know all about it. You can cross pollinate all day long. But there ate only so msny variations. Getting a group of white roses does not give you a new kind of flower. You just have a trait already present in its kind. You will never get a rose that walks, flies, or swims.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 1:58:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 2:25:19 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 2:05:44 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:43:53 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:35:06 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:26:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

It's a faith based dogma. Walking whales. Whales came from hooved hyenas. Asexual entities magically decided on penises and vaginas at the exact same time...

But did you read the wiki?


Think of evolution like this:
There is a species of dog. Some have shorter legs, some have longer.
The dogs hunt animals, therefore they need to be fast.
The dogs with longer legs are faster, therefore they catch more animals.
The dogs with shorter legs are slower, therefore its harder to catch animals.
The dogs with longer legs grow stronger and healthier because they have more food.
They reproduce more then dogs with short legs.
It becomes a cycle, because eventually there will be more dogs with longer legs, who are more fertile breeding with other long legged dogs, etc.
The shorter legged dogs die out because they can't compete with the longer legged dogs.
The species has slowly evolved to have longer legs.
Boom.

That's not how it works. What you just described happens every single day. People have long legged offspring every day. Every single day. Long legs is a part of the variation of homo sapiens. The long leggers can keep having long legged offspring, and keep on. And then guess what we get? Long legged humans. Any tails? Nope. And wings? Nope. Any fins? Nope. Does secular biologist David Berlinski call the theory a fraud? Yep.

Wait what? Whatever you just responded with was anything but coherent.
"that's not how it works"
why?
"what you just described happens every single day"
exactly...
"Every single day."
you already clarified that
"Long legs is a part of the variation of homo sapiens"
This is irrelevant, we're talking about a hypothetical species of dogs, but yes, true.
"The long leggers can keep having long legged offspring, and keep on"
Yes, because in the human race their is no real advantage of having long legs to survive, UNLIKE the doggos
"And then guess what we get? Long legged humans."
Exactly, since more of one variation is reproducing then another, there will be more of the species with a greater reproduction.
"Any tails?"
No, because why would we need them? We evolve because certain characteristics help you "survive better" it just doesn't happen over night for some reason
"Does secular biologist David Berlinski call the theory a fraud? Yep."
So what? Does biologist Charles Darwin call the theory correct? Yep.
Does pretty much every college/university support and teaches the theory? Yep.
Did you have to desperately search for biologists who don't support the theory? Yep.
(which said biologist has been highly criticized)
I'm done with this, apparently you can't directly respond to a post

Imagine a video game where you make your own avatar. You have so many lips, so many ears, so many eyes, etc. You can make all kinds of mixes of avatars. But guess what. Youcan't make an avatar that has attributes not on that list. People who cross breed flowers (bronto), know all about it. You can cross pollinate all day long. But there ate only so msny variations. Getting a group of white roses does not give you a new kind of flower. You just have a trait already present in its kind. You will never get a rose that walks, flies, or swims.

I give you an example of real life you give me an example of computer algorithms and coding/video game limits
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:57:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:20:53 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Historically, people have tried to use evolution to discredit theism.

Recently, believers have tried to use theism to discredit evolution.

Personally, I don't think that belief in evolution and belief in God are mutually exclusive.

Obviously, the facts of evolution are mutually exclusive to the belief in creationism.

In fact, Muslim scholars were putting into words the concept of evolution 500+ years before Darwin did.

That isn't even remotely true.

They didn't find it threatening to their faith at all.

Many of them do now, just like you.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 2:59:51 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

Those who reject evolution have zero understanding of it, they are simply having knee jerk reactions to their belief in creationism.

Abiogenesis does not claim men came from dirt or dust of the ground.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 8:47:33 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much?
Most of them don't, Jane. More Christian churches accept evolution than reject it.

However, certain fundamentalist Evangelicals are concerned that without an inerrant Bible, their faith cannot possibly save mankind.

This occurs because nearly all fundamentalist Evangelicals are Protestants, and back in the 16th century, Protestants rejected the idea that man must depend on clergy for salvation (largely because clergy were then as now, so untrustworthy.) Protestants in general hold that man must use the Bible alone -- or Bible-and-prayer. This raises moral and ethical problems though: why would a kind and just God give humanity a flawed handbook for how to live? When the eternal future of your soul is at stake, if you can't believe all of the Bible, how can you credit any of it?

It's a fair argument, and I can't really fault it.

So rather than accept that their Bible is errant and their faith ignorant, they've gone the other way and insisted that the most rigorous, contested, evidentiary, accountable, transparent, scrutinised, accurately predictive thought that humanity has ever produced about life, must be wrong instead. :p

It's a matter of desperation though, because they have no scientific evidence that evolution is wrong, and unfortunately, can't produce a constructive, evidenced, falsifiable alternative to evolution from their scripture either. But since the alternative is that their faith is useless, they're hoping life-scientists will solve their problem for them instead -- so they're now intellectually dependent on the very disciplines their faith has so vitriolically condemned. :(

It's a forlorn and moribund position, Jane, and sadly, many otherwise bright fundamentalist Evangelicals are now intellectually isolated from science, modernity and mainstream Christianity.

But that's why they hate biology so much in particular, and scientists in general -- they're stuck in a cleft stick of their own dogmatic creation, intellectually dependent to boot, deeply frustrated, and very afraid.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 1:58:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 2:57:32 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

In fact, Muslim scholars were putting into words the concept of evolution 500+ years before Darwin did.

That isn't even remotely true.

Prepare to be enlightened, monkey brain.

From the Muqaddima by Ibn Khaldun

"One should then take a look at the world of creation. It started out from the minerals and progressed, in an ingenious, gradual manner, to plants and animals. The last stage of minerals is connected with the first stage of plants, such as herbs and seedless plants. The last stage of plants, such as palms and vines, is connected with the first stage of animals, such as snails and shellfish which have only the power of touch. The word 'connection' with regard to these created things means that the last stage of each group is fully prepared to become the fist stage of the newest group.

The animal world then widens, its species become numerous, and, in a gradual process of creation, it finally leads to man, who is able to think and reflect. The higher stage of man is reached from the world of monkeys, in which both sagacity and preception are found, but which has not reached the stage of actual reflection and thinking. At this point we come to the first stage of man. This is as far as our (physical) observation extends."

Granted, it doesn't fit the current model, but it was still formulated in words.

500 years before Darwin.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 2:46:18 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

Abiogenesis is life coming from non-living organic compounds. Dirt isn't an organic compound.

Furthermore, evolution theory threatens the very foundation of Christianity and many other religions. Evolution, if proven right (which it already has, just not in the minds of Christians) destroys the theology of Chrstianity entirely. That's why Christians feel threatened deeply by evolution.

On the other hand, some such as the pope do buckle under the pressure and admit evolution is in fact correct, even though this creates a plethora of problems theologically.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 2:50:23 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

Unadulterated "argument from incredulity". How typical and totally-unexpected.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

Neither was the murder of most people, therefore it didn't happen.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

Only in your tiny bubble-wrapped mind it does. Shall I change your diapers while I'm here?
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 2:50:58 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/30/2016 9:20:53 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Historically, people have tried to use evolution to discredit theism.

Personally, I don't think that belief in evolution and belief in God are mutually exclusive.

In fact, Muslim scholars were putting into words the concept of evolution 500+ years before Darwin did. They didn't find it threatening to their faith at all.

This is just so wrong. This SEEMS to be what Christians think, but it is not the intent of the science.

Atheists have issues that go way past just evolution, it is Christians that have turned this bit of science into some surreal battleground.
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 2:53:23 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:26:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

It's a faith based dogma. Walking whales. Whales came from hooved hyenas. Asexual entities magically decided on penises and vaginas at the exact same time...

So you reject a straw man of evolution based on the lack of your own understanding and your unwillingness to do more than 5 minutes of research that isn't from answersingenesis.org?

You must be the epitome of an idiot.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 2:56:50 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:31:43 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:24:26 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

We go over this every time.....

btw I made a wiki page on you how do you like it:
http://ddo.wikia.com...

It still needs a little editing

When people tell the truth they get more ridicule than if telling 6,000 lies. I feed off of the ridicule. That's how I know I'm being honest. It's why Liberals love Hillary. She says what they want to hear rather than the truth.

And Trump doesn't? BWAHAHAHAHA

None of the candidates are up to scratch with reality.

When you tell the truth your rallies are met with violent protest.

But that's not true all the time. The only time something is met with violent protest is when something is insulting or offending. This can be either a lie or truth, it doesn't really matter.

But hey, who am I kidding. I'm talking with somebody who would consider themselves lucky with a sheep's brain.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 5:30:31 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
2)It's never been seen or witnessed.
Creation is therefore crap.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 7:49:43 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/1/2016 1:20:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/30/2016 9:13:40 PM, janesix wrote:
Why do theists, especially Christians, hate evolution so much? Their Bible says man came from dirt or dust of the ground. How is that much different from abiogenesis?

I don't refute evolution because I'm a theist. I reject it because.

1)It makes no sense.

I dont understand how a cars engine mechanics work, but I would have to be a retard to claim that i reject that it exists.

2)It's never been seen or witnessed.

Yes, it has.

3)The fossil record dismantles and destroys it.

Not a single aspect of the fossil record actually disproves or contradicts evolution. If it did, evolution would be disproven, and you wouldve won a nobel prize.