Jump to topic:

Pakistan girl, 16, "burnt alive" for helping

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 10:29:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
A 16 year old Pakistani girl was set ablaze alive because she helped a couple elope. More than 500 so called honour killings were perpetrated in Pakistan last year. Very few cases go to court but most get off due to Islamic law. Someone please tell me why Islamic law can be so barbaric in this day and age.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:42:34 AM
At 5/5/2016 10:29:11 PM, lotsoffun wrote:
A 16 year old Pakistani girl was set ablaze alive because she helped a couple elope. More than 500 so called honour killings were perpetrated in Pakistan last year. Very few cases go to court but most get off due to Islamic law. Someone please tell me why Islamic law can be so barbaric in this day and age.

And does religion have to do with that case?
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 1:00:08 AM
At 5/6/2016 12:42:34 AM, uncung wrote:

If it's in the West, it's the country's fault
If it's in a Muslim country, it's Islam's fault.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 1:19:32 AM
At 5/6/2016 1:00:08 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

This sort of thing doesn't happen in the West and if it does it is very rare. It happens mostly in the Muslim world. The article stated that perpetrators get set free due to Islamic law. This article came from Reuters.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 1:56:32 AM
At 5/6/2016 1:19:32 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

This sort of thing doesn't happen in the West and if it does it is very rare. It happens mostly in the Muslim world. The article stated that perpetrators get set free due to Islamic law. This article came from Reuters.

What does the Islamic Law have to do with this case?
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:19:09 AM
At 5/6/2016 1:56:32 AM, uncung wrote:

Just what I said. People don't get found guilty for this sort of crime because Islamic law allows it, according to the article.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:57:50 AM
At 5/6/2016 3:19:09 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Just what I said. People don't get found guilty for this sort of crime because Islamic law allows it, according to the article.

Which one of the Islamic Law is related to this case precisely?
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 8:04:20 AM
Someone please tell me why Islamic law can be so barbaric in this day and age.

Mosaic law is equally barbaric. If we followed Mosaic we'd stone adulterers and even people who worked on the Sabbath. The reason we don't stone adulterers in the west is that our laws and behaviour is not based on scripture but on a system of secular legislation. It is possible to repeal and amend human laws to reflect changing times, but you can't repeal or amend the commands of the gods.

Upto a few decades ago, the Islamic world was moving towards secularism. The current up-surge in Islamic fundamentalism is a reaction to that trend. The real enemy of the Islamists is not the west at all - it is moderate, secularised Islam. It is much more dangerous to be a moderate Muslim that a westerner. http://www.bbc.co.uk...

As the widower of a Moslem wife I have many Muslim friends and family, and it is not a good time to be moderate Moslem. They are distrusted by the west and actively threatened by extreme Islamicists at home. It is not a good world for most Moslems who just want to be left in peace to keep down a career and bring up a family.

The Islamic world is lurching into a new dark age, dominated by literal readings of dead scriptures. But let's not forget that people who really suffer from the absurdity of islamic fundamentalists are not we in the west but the millions of ordinary Moslems who have to live under the Jihadists; increasingly tightening hold on power.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:34:45 AM

The Quran said to.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:35:31 AM

Yup. Sharia Law blocked common sense.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:37:11 AM
At 5/6/2016 3:57:50 AM, uncung wrote:

Kill your neighbor. If anyone does anything Muslims don't like, you kill them, just like Muhammed said to do.

uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 11:57:37 AM

Kill your neighbor. If anyone does anything Muslims don't like, you kill them, just like Muhammed said to do.

I don't recall prophet Muhammad had ever ordered to kill the neighbor.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:00:03 PM

I have yet to see any honour is so called honour killing, it only brings dishonour on those who perform them and those who support the idea.

There is no honour in murder. Simple as.

Still, I am sure she will be happier after she is resurrected.

Jehovah being a God of Justice, Mercy, Wisdom and Love you can guarantee that any such victim will get a resurrection into a much better world. Especially one so young.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:16:06 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:00:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I have yet to see any honour is so called honour killing, it only brings dishonour on those who perform them and those who support the idea.

Jehovah being a God of Justice, Mercy, Wisdom and Love you can guarantee that any such victim will get a resurrection into a much better world. Especially one so young.

Good, then we suppose to go for this killing, since your alleged Jehovah guarantees that such victim will get a resurrection into much better world.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:27:01 PM

Unless your God...

lol

Jehovah being a God of Justice,

Such as punishing people for crazy laws comparable to North Korea.

Mercy,

Such as killing a random dude with a lion because he was deceived by an imposter prophet to eat food and drink water contrary to what God ordered.

Meanwhile, God lets off Manasseh for killing and sacrificing many of his people and children, even to the point of cutting Isaiah in half.

Great examples of Jovas mercy and justice...HAHAHAHA

Wisdom and Love you can guarantee that any such victim will get a resurrection into a much better world.

"Such love, many wisdom"

- Doge

Especially one so young.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:46:25 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:27:01 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Unless your God...

God doesn't murder, he only kills to protect his purposes and his people.

lol

None of Jehvoah's laws are crazy. They all have good reason behind them. The fact that you cannot see those reasons says far more to your detriment than it does to Jehovah's.

Mercy,

Such as killing a random dude with a lion because he was deceived by an imposter prophet to eat food and drink water contrary to what God ordered.

He wasn't random, and he wasn't innocent. The method of execution is immaterial.

Meanwhile, God lets off Manasseh for killing and sacrificing many of his people and children, even to the point of cutting Isaiah in half.

Manasseh was truly repentant so Jehovah shoed mercy to him, but he still didn;t get off scott free.

Certainly immeasurably more mercy than you would ever show.

Wisdom and Love you can guarantee that any such victim will get a resurrection into a much better world.

"Such love, many wisdom"

- Doge

Especially one so young.

Yup, bringing her back to the opportunity of an everlasting life, in perfect health and perfect peace and security.

Yup that's love and mercy OK, and wisdom.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:48:26 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:46:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Unless your God...

lol

None of Jehvoah's laws are crazy. They all have good reason behind them. The fact that you cannot see those reasons says far more to your detriment than it does to Jehovah's.

Mercy,

He wasn't random, and he wasn't innocent. The method of execution is immaterial.

Manasseh was truly repentant so Jehovah shoed mercy to him, but he still didn;t get off scott free.

"Such love, many wisdom"

- Doge

Especially one so young.

Yup, bringing her back to the opportunity of an everlasting life, in perfect health and perfect peace and security.

The Biblical god is a psychopathic murderer if what is attributed to it is true.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:50:31 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:16:06 PM, uncung wrote:

Good, then we suppose to go for this killing, since your alleged Jehovah guarantees that such victim will get a resurrection into much better world.

What you do is up to you. Jehovah's justice guarantees any such victim a much better life, but guarantees you everlasting destruction for doing it.

The innocent benefit.

The guilty are punished.

That's justice for you.

There are many millions, even billions, of innocent victims who will have been guaranteed a much better opportunity to come in the future. And that guarantee stretches right back to the fall of Adam and Eve.

They will all have the opportunity of learning to live n the best way for the whole planet without Satanic interference, something no-one will have known before Armageddon.

That is the ultimate in justice.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:51:21 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:48:26 PM, tarantula wrote:

Unless your God...

lol

Mercy,

"Such love, many wisdom"

- Doge

Especially one so young.

The Biblical god is a psychopathic murderer if what is attributed to it is true.

It is true, but the way you twist it into something evil is not.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:57:13 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:51:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/6/2016 12:48:26 PM, tarantula wrote:

Unless your God...

lol

Mercy,

"Such love, many wisdom"

- Doge

Especially one so young.

That is like saying Hitler wasn't evil!
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:59:22 PM

What you do is up to you. Jehovah's justice guarantees any such victim a much better life, but guarantees you everlasting destruction for doing it.

The innocent benefit.

The guilty are punished.

That's justice for you.

There are many millions, even billions, of innocent victims who will have been guaranteed a much better opportunity to come in the future. And that guarantee stretches right back to the fall of Adam and Eve.

They will all have the opportunity of learning to live n the best way for the whole planet without Satanic interference, something no-one will have known before Armageddon.

So you admit your alleged Jehovah is a punisher God, a hater, an evil, a brutal God.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 1:24:35 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:59:22 PM, uncung wrote:

The innocent benefit.

The guilty are punished.

That's justice for you.

So you admit your alleged Jehovah is a punisher God, a hater, an evil, a brutal God.

Not in the least.

He is the God of Love, Wisdom, Justice and Mercy.

That is why death, in the form we know it, was always his line of punishment.

After all, when you are going to resurrect them into much better conditions they have lost nothing but hopefully learned something.

Do you feel having to sleep at night is cruel? (unless you have a rotten nightmare anyway).

Have you ever slept late and wondered where the time went?

Those who have died before Armageddon, and are not amongst the few who will not be granted a resurrection, will simply have gone to "sleep" and the next thing they know they will be "awake" in a Satan free New World. They will not have known a thing about their time in the grave.

So where is the problem?

To me there is no more loving and kind arrangement than the resurrection of the dead.

In some ways it is kinder than forcing them to carry on living in this rotten world.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 1:28:04 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:57:13 PM, tarantula wrote:

Not in the least.

Jehovah does not torture as Hitler did.

Jehovah can bring those he kills back to life. Hitler can't.

Jehovah's standards are much higher than Hitler's were.

Jehovah wants nothing that isn't his right because of all he has done for us including giving us life.

Hitler gave nothing of value, only took.

The very fact that you can make such a comparison shows how sick and twisted your thinking truly is.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 1:47:19 PM

Not in the least.

After all, when you are going to resurrect them into much better conditions they have lost nothing but hopefully learned something.

Do you feel having to sleep at night is cruel? (unless you have a rotten nightmare anyway).

Those who have died before Armageddon, and are not amongst the few who will not be granted a resurrection, will simply have gone to "sleep" and the next thing they know they will be "awake" in a Satan free New World. They will not have known a thing about their time in the grave.

So where is the problem?

To me there is no more loving and kind arrangement than the resurrection of the dead.

In some ways it is kinder than forcing them to carry on living in this rotten world.

If your alleged Jehovah was a God of love, a mercy, then the killer is supposed to not afraid of committing evil actions such the killing.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 2:47:04 PM
At 5/6/2016 1:47:19 PM, uncung wrote:

Not in the least.

So where is the problem?

If your alleged Jehovah was a God of love, a mercy, then the killer is supposed to not afraid of committing evil actions such the killing.

I don;t know how you work that out.

It is the victim who benefits not the killer.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 2:51:59 PM

Unless your God...

Sooooo murder is only wrong until your plans for world domination and the prosperity of your people are threatened?

Hitler would be proud...

lol

None of Jehvoah's laws are crazy.

Except the one that demanded Israelites not to wear clothes with mixed fabric. Totally not strange. Or what about that one condemning long hair. Nothing like North Korea either. Or what about that one demanding the Israelites not to have vineyards of mixed plants. Not an unnecessary and totalitarian law at all. I could go on forever about the utterly ridiculous laws stated in the Old Testament. Shall I go on?

They all have good reason behind them.

Yes, beware of mixed fabric, or the spirit of Satan will possess your soul! And do not have long hair, for it will make you look like a demonic hippy! Save yourself and baptise in the name of Daddy, Jumior and Spooky!

Heh, and you wonder why atheists laugh...

The fact that you cannot see those reasons says far more to your detriment than it does to Jehovah's.

Woooo! Woooo! Beware of the mixed faaabric! Spooooky!

And long hair!

And multiple plants on your farm!

Wooooooooooo!

Mercy,

Except for the fact that a lion is material. You are a special kind of retard.

Regardless, I don't think you quite understand the concept of an over-the-top punishment. You don't kill somebody with a lion because they got deceived (key word, "deceived") into disobeying a ridiculous rule. Furthermore, the entirely unnecessary rule God put in place was unnecessary. Somebody literally lost their life because they ate. If you can't see something seriously wrong with that, combined with the fact below, you need to go to an insane asylulm and drop off your brain so a mentally handicapped criminal can put it to better use.

Oh, so he was repentant. Goody. So I can kill, murder, torture, pillage, rape, and sacrifice anyone I like as long as I'm "weally weally sowy" for what I did afterward.

However, I'm real f*cked if I DARE to even consider the hideous crime of unrepentantly eating without Gods divine permission.

Yeah, sorry, but I call bullsh*t.

Oh yes, killing somebody for eating without divine permission is way more merciful than, say, not killing them.

Meanwhile, a mass murdering, torturing, insane genocidal maniac can live. After all, we have to be merciful with such a poor soul.

Jesus titty f*cking Christ, if brain transplants were possible, your situation would be classed as "Code Red". Seriously. There is something seriously wrong with how you function as a human being, to think that killing somebody for eating without permission is just, and letting a mass murdering tyrant go.

Inspector Javert would be proud.

"Such love, many wisdom"

- Doge

Especially one so young.

But she better not eat without Gods divine decree, or she will burn in hell for eternity.

Oh sorry, I forgot, you don't believe in hell. Let me rephrase that:

"But she better not eat without Gods divine decree or she will be eaten by a lion."

That's better. After all, a tyranical God that is more than happy to kill a person with a lion for eating without his permission would never harm his creation with eternal hellfire.

What a barbaric doctrine of Christendom!

The hypocrisy is over 9000!

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:10:03 PM
At 5/6/2016 1:28:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/6/2016 12:57:13 PM, tarantula wrote:

Not in the least.

Jehovah does not torture as Hitler did.

No, but he allows human torturers to get away because they are sorry, lol.

Jehovah can bring those he kills back to life. Hitler can't.

Which hasn't been done, nor demonstrated, nor does God say he is going to resurrect said people.

Regardless, what your saying is now turning even more ridiculous. So now your saying that God punishes wrong doers by killing them, then resurrecting them as perfect people with the prospect of everlasting life? Meanwhile allowing righteous people to continue to suffer in this world?

Your insanity knows no bounds.

Jehovah's standards are much higher than Hitler's were.

They were worse. Hitler killed people because they were either Semitic, gay or gypsies.

On the other hand, God kills people for eating...f*cking, eating.

Jehovah wants nothing that isn't his right because of all he has done for us including giving us life.

Hitler gave nothing of value, only took.

Except revived Germany's economy, conducted the first national anti smoking movements, encouraged respect for women and children, preserved for environment, improved national health, lowered unemployment rates, improved cinematography etc etc etc. Does this excuse him? NO! It shouldn't excuse him any more than excusing Manasseh for child sacrifice and cutting people in half!

The very fact that you can make such a comparison shows how sick and twisted your thinking truly is.

On the contrary. The fact that your defending a concept worse than fascism shows just how bad your mental state is.

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:41:12 AM
At 5/6/2016 3:57:50 AM, uncung wrote:

I don't know. I just stated what the article said to evoke discussion about Islam and the barbarity that is seen in some Islamic countries. You can't deny this happens.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:47:06 AM

Unless your God...

God does not kill. What does His decree" Thou shalt not kill" stand for? Is God a hypocrite? Is there such a thing as divine killing?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:33:37 AM
Have you ever seen that or read any credible reports of that happening?