Jump to topic:

Your body after you're dead.

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 2:33:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do you care? I personally think it's absurd to have a lot of money spent on some silk lined platinum plated casket. A pine box is fine with me, and you can donate my organs too. I have good eyes (nice color too). Don't get me wrong, i'd like a nice send off and all, but the actual box isn't important, and my body is just dead meat. A little respect i suppose, but just plant me. Actually probably would need to be put in a decent area so the thousands of mourners can be comfortable when they pay their respects.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 5:05:31 PM
At the funeral, I want my body to pop out of the casket like a jack in the box.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 5:08:13 PM
At 12/4/2010 5:05:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Then someone can blow off your face.
kfc
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 5:08:40 PM
I've thought about this too.

When I die, use as many as my organs as you want. Want to use them for medical purposes? Fine. Want to have sex or physical intimacy with them? Fine. Would you like to eat my body meat? Fine.

I don't want to spend anything for my funeral. When I die, just throw me into a random incinerator at a garbage dump or the like, and I'm fine. There's no point of even having a crowd and wasting their time. It's not too significant for me.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 5:09:04 PM
At 12/4/2010 5:05:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:

That would be something to see.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:33:57 PM
I want mine sent in orbit . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
clucas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:09:00 PM
I actually believe that tombstones should not vary in size for it is giving off the message that a certain deceased person is more important then others. I believe the shape and wording may be customized if wished but size remain the same. I personally just want to be burried somewhere respectful and hopefully peaceful.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:15:16 PM
I want to be cremated. The idea of decomposing in a box just seems like a waste of money.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:15:47 PM
At 12/4/2010 8:33:57 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Well it would be caught on satellite images but . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:16:59 PM
At 12/4/2010 9:15:47 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Or I would like my body to be turned into gasoline . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:23:56 PM
At 12/4/2010 9:16:59 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Better yet tun it into a computer . . . fu . . . fu fu . . . fu fu fu . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:25:52 PM
At 12/4/2010 9:23:56 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/4/2010 9:16:59 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Better yet tun it into a computer . . . fu . . . fu fu . . . fu fu fu . . .

I really don't care as long as its put towards use (even if that means a urinal in some back alley and cannon fodder . . .) . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 10:00:11 PM
I couldn't care less.Why? Because I would be DEAD.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 12:54:07 AM
Cremation most probably.

As much as I'd enjoy hearing the below, I'd be dead, so seems moot. ^^

Forasmuch as it hath pleased Almighty God of his great mercy to take unto himself the soul of our dear brother here departed, we therefore commit his body to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life, through our Lord Jesus Christ; who shall change our vile body, that it may be like unto his glorious body, according to the mighty working, whereby he is able to subdue all things to himself.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 3:17:29 AM
At 12/4/2010 5:08:40 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I've thought about this too.

When I die, use as many as my organs as you want. Want to use them for medical purposes? Fine. Want to have sex or physical intimacy with them? Fine. Would you like to eat my body meat? Fine.

I don't want to spend anything for my funeral. When I die, just throw me into a random incinerator at a garbage dump or the like, and I'm fine. There's no point of even having a crowd and wasting their time. It's not too significant for me.

You think that, but life goes on for those who love you. You may not care, but they will want a certain amount of respect paid toward you. Although your life may end, the relationship that the living have with those that have left does not. My father died over 20 years ago, and his impact (for better or worse) on my life hasn't ended, and my understanding of him continues to build. I'm guessing that you wouldn't want your entire life to be forgotten immediately by those you love upon your death. If you're a decent person, and i think you are, you will understand this more as you experience these losses. Dignity in life, dignity in death.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 9:05:32 PM
At 12/5/2010 12:54:07 AM, Puck wrote:
Cremation most probably.

As much as I'd enjoy hearing the below, I'd be dead, so seems moot. ^^

Forasmuch as it hath pleased Almighty God of his great mercy to take unto himself the soul of our dear brother here departed, we therefore commit his body to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life, through our Lord Jesus Christ; who shall change our vile body, that it may be like unto his glorious body, according to the mighty working, whereby he is able to subdue all things to himself.

So you want a Christian burial? But, that isn't intended for you to hear.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 10:28:01 PM
I honestly don't care what happens to anyone or anything in the world after I'm dead. I'll be dead, after all. As such, I intend on leaving no will and not leaving any specifications for what is to be done with the body I once possessed.

Bury it, burn it, eat it, f*ck it, I really don't care.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 10:37:28 PM
It would suck if, by some perplexing phenomenon, we continued to be fully conscious after our bodies appear to be dead. Not in a usual coma sort of way, but supernatural.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 10:38:52 PM
At 12/5/2010 10:37:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
It would suck if, by some perplexing phenomenon, we continued to be fully conscious after our bodies appear to be dead. Not in a usual coma sort of way, but supernatural.

Now that would be a cool idea for Hell. Especially for those of yall out there that don't mind if someone violates all the holes in it.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 10:42:03 PM
At 12/5/2010 10:38:52 PM, jharry wrote:

Now that would be a cool idea for Hell. Especially for those of yall out there that don't mind if someone violates all the holes in it.

The Principia Discordia describes that hell is reserved specifically for people who believe in it. The lowest circle is for those who believe that not believing in it would put you there.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 10:48:03 PM
At 12/5/2010 10:42:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:

The Principia Discordia describes that hell is reserved specifically for people who believe in it. The lowest circle is for those who believe that not believing in it would put you there.

Huh? Good thing I don't believe that. I believe you will go there because you want to. :)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 10:50:58 PM
At 12/5/2010 10:48:03 PM, jharry wrote:

Huh? Good thing I don't believe that. I believe you will go there because you want to. :)

Yes, actually. I have described this somewhere before.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 11:19:37 PM
At 12/5/2010 10:48:03 PM, jharry wrote:

If you don't believe in it, then this information shouldn't be important to you in the first place, since you believe it to be falce. Since it is a 'good thing' though, one must assume you do secretly believe in it. Which means you would be going to hell, if the Principle discorded is true. However, I personally don't believe it is true.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2010 1:00:32 AM
At 12/5/2010 9:05:32 PM, jharry wrote:
So you want a Christian burial?

No. See aforementioned cremation.

But, that isn't intended for you to hear.

Not much point in someone saying it over me then is there? ;(
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2010 1:02:27 AM
At 12/6/2010 1:00:32 AM, Puck wrote:
At 12/5/2010 9:05:32 PM, jharry wrote:
So you want a Christian burial?

No. See aforementioned cremation.

Cremation FTW
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat