Jump to topic:

The water analagy.

ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 11:48:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
A lot of people find trinitarian monotheism to be oxymoronic, but I do not. Water is one substance that exists in three forms: solid, liquid, and gas. Soi too is God one substance that exists in three forms. What do you think?
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:02:50 AM
At 5/5/2016 11:48:02 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
A lot of people find trinitarian monotheism to be oxymoronic, but I do not. Water is one substance that exists in three forms: solid, liquid, and gas. Soi too is God one substance that exists in three forms. What do you think?
Awesome analogy, but I don't think the way Trinitarians apply it is accurate, since they believe that Jesus is at onement with the OT god. I believe in your analogy that God is like water taking 3 forms of the same substance, but my interpretation of Genesis 1 and 2 differs significantly from orthodox Christianity to the point that I believe the God of Genesis Chapter 1 is still "resting," and the LORD God that begins being mentioned in Chapter 2 is an impostor god, who Christ came to defeat. The Father he mentions is the God that is resting ( on the 7 day). Christ was the 8th Day of Creation, and we are approaching the 9th Day when the truth will be made know after a period of tribulation.
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:13:24 AM
At 5/6/2016 12:02:50 AM, Emmarie wrote:
Awesome analogy, but I don't think the way Trinitarians apply it is accurate, since they believe that Jesus is at onement with the OT god. I believe in your analogy that God is like water taking 3 forms of the same substance, but my interpretation of Genesis 1 and 2 differs significantly from orthodox Christianity to the point that I believe the God of Genesis Chapter 1 is still "resting," and the LORD God that begins being mentioned in Chapter 2 is an impostor god, who Christ came to defeat. The Father he mentions is the God that is resting ( on the 7 day). Christ was the 8th Day of Creation, and we are approaching the 9th Day when the truth will be made know after a period of tribulation.
Thank you. :)
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:15:07 AM

Water never exists in three forms at the same time. Temperature is the factor that separates them. So, should we light a fire under Gods A$$ and watch him turn to steam? Or, toss him in a freezer and watch him turn into a cube? Better yet, lets drink God so we can piss him down the drain.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:21:46 AM
At 5/6/2016 12:15:07 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Water never exists in three forms at the same time. Temperature is the factor that separates them. So, should we light a fire under Gods A$$ and watch him turn to steam? Or, toss him in a freezer and watch him turn into a cube? Better yet, lets drink God so we can piss him down the drain.
Yes it does. Water exists in gas, liquid, and solid. You need to debate the facts.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:24:33 AM
At 5/6/2016 12:21:46 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:

Yes it does. Water exists in gas, liquid, and solid. You need to debate the facts.

God is LOVE!
Can't love yourself, you need someone to love. Thus the Son! The Son loves the father, he died because his Father asked him to! He died for us a pure act of love... Giving of self completely!!!

We have father and son!! Love produces life, it is not sterile thus we have the Holy Spirit united with the father and son. Three persons united in love, one God!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:29:35 AM

And what is that substance which God consists of?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 3:40:41 AM

And yet you are completely wrong. Anyone who knows anything about PVT curves knows that at the triple point all three coexist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:17:45 AM

Water can only exist as one form at a time because temperature causes it to change. Would it be fair to say God can only exist as God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, depending on circumstances? That he cannot be all three at the same time sorta like how I can be a father, son, or uncle depending on who you ask?

Ken
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:24:42 AM
At 5/6/2016 3:40:41 AM, Geogeer wrote:

And yet you are completely wrong. Anyone who knows anything about PVT curves knows that at the triple point all three coexist.

At the triple point when the ice turns into steam, the ice is separate from the steam.

Ken
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 5:16:38 AM

Isn't there also a saying that bad things always come in threes?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 5:21:26 AM

So, unlike every other substance, gods cannot exist as plasma? How limiting for them.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 6:42:21 AM
A lot of people find trinitarian monotheism to be oxymoronic, but I do not. Water is one substance that exists in three forms: solid, liquid, and gas. So too is God one substance that exists in three forms. What do you think?

I) Analogies aren't reasons so much as category errors to impress the gullible;
II) Different states of matter have phase distinct transitions requiring a change in energy: does God?
III) Water can also be a plasma -- please see video right.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 7:28:24 AM
At 5/6/2016 4:24:42 AM, ken1122 wrote:

At the triple point when the ice turns into steam, the ice is separate from the steam.

Ken
@ the triple of water all three forms exist simultaneously, that's what the triple is for.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:20:07 PM

I think that is a very bad example used to support a completely unscriptural teaching.
Jehovah and his only begotten son share the same divine nature, as accurate translations of John 1:1 actually show, as spirit beings and in fact as do all the Angels also.

Which means that according to your water analogy the Angels are also a part of that arrangement, since like Jehovah and his only begotten son they are made from the same substance, which makes it considerable greater than a Trinity.

Holy spirit isn't even a sentient being, any more than are water, blood, ground, and the earth, all of which are given human characteristics.

Jehovah is given a self chosen name and a number of titles.

His only begotten son now has two names and a number of titles.

Holy spirit is never given a name, because it is what Jehovah, his only begotten son, and the Angels are made of and use in Jehovah's service, True it is also called the helper, but that is because it is used to help Jehovah's servants in any way they need so that they can carry out his will (Matthew 7:21-23), as I know only too well from personal experience.

Holy spirit is only holy when used for holy purposes. otherwise it is called either simply spirit or even Satan's spirit since he also has the ability to use it, albeit in a limited way.

It is notable that the Trinity can only be supported to any extent using proven dishonest translation which replace Jehovah's name with LORD in the majority of the places it should be in order to add to the confusion between father and son.

The Apostles continually treat father and son as exactly that, separate beings one of which is superior to the other.

In fact the Trinity teaching calls much of scripture a lie since it completely denies that they are indeed father and son, two completely different "generation" one of which produced, or begat the other who was then used in creating everything else.

Which is of course why the Word is in fact called Jehovah's only begotten son, a descriptive which can only apply to him and not to the flesh of Jesus since as scripture tells us Jehovah has many sons created long before Jesus and also Jesus, according to Matthew was conceived by holy spirit.

There is absolutely no way the Trinity can be supported without recourse to proven dishonest translations (see above), but even those can easily be used to destroy it, as I have done many times over.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:30:53 PM

It doesn't exist in any form!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:52:06 PM

That wouldn't be you then as you appear to have missed this very important point:

"At that point, it is possible to change all of the substance to ice, water, or vapor by making arbitrarily small changes in pressure and temperature."

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 12:53:51 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:30:53 PM, tarantula wrote:

Well you got that part right anyway, the Trinity doesn't exist.

However Jehovah does, as does his only begotten son.

Do you ever have anything constructive to add to discussions?

It certainly doesn't seem like it.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 1:00:33 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:53:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Pot and kettle MCB, none of your comments are constructive, just assertions with no evidence to support them. The Bible is not evidence for the existence of god anymore than the Harry Potter novels are evidence for the existence of the Dementers!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 2:18:17 PM
At 5/6/2016 1:00:33 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 5/6/2016 12:53:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Pot and kettle MCB, none of your comments are constructive, just assertions with no evidence to support them. The Bible is not evidence for the existence of god anymore than the Harry Potter novels are evidence for the existence of the Dementers!

Every comment I make gives those who listen the possibility of sharing in the fullest enjoyment of this earth in its cleansed condition, returned to the paradise it was always intended to be, without the interference of Satan.

What is more constructive than that?

As for the Bible, to those who can be bothered to study it deeply enough and openmindedly enuogh it does indeed contain irrefutable evidence of the existence of God.

However it is not alone in that.

The whole of creation contains evidence of the existence of our creator and his qualities, and only those who are too closed of mind and heart choose to ignore it.

As Jesus said as recorded at Matthew 13:15, and you appear to fit very much into this mould:

Matthew 13:15
15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them."

Of course you can always pull yourself out of Satan's mould, but if you do, watch out, because as Matthew 10 indicates he will do all that is in his power to knock you back down again.

And he uses people just like you, lol.
Blastcat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 2:25:31 PM

I think it should be two. We have two legs, two arms, two eyes. So.. two.

How about one? All things are one.

Ten.. we have ten fingers and ten toes, so god is ten.

We can make up pretty analogies to try to make SENSE out of Bible contradictions, but the Trinity isn't a way out. It's a mess.

)
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:02:38 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:52:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

That wouldn't be you then as you appear to have missed this very important point:

"At that point, it is possible to change all of the substance to ice, water, or vapor by making arbitrarily small changes in pressure and temperature."

In a practical engineering sense yes around this point is it possible to manipulate the material easily to achieve which ever state is desired. However at pressures below the triple point the water phase disappears completely. There is a precise point where it is possible for all 3 to simultaneously coexist. Due to limitations in how precisely one can manipulate the pressure and temperature to precisely hit that point it may only be theoretical and never physically realized.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:04:59 PM
Anyways, the atheists in this forum are way over reacting to a simple statement of analogy. No it is not perfect, but it is a simple conceptual way of thinking of it.

Must be a slow day for this post to garner this much attention.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:26:41 PM
At 5/6/2016 12:52:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

It appears that we just didn't have good enough equipment at our university... lol
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 4:37:21 PM

Drink God? Isn't that what some cult leaders tell their followers when they want them to drink the leader's urine?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:23:24 PM

You should watch this, it will clear much up for you.
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:08:53 AM
At 5/6/2016 7:28:24 AM, bulproof wrote:

Ken
@ the triple of water all three forms exist simultaneously, that's what the triple is for.

If you have a glass of water with ice in it, isn't the ice separate from the water even though they are in the same glass?

Ken
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 7:38:07 AM
At 5/7/2016 2:08:53 AM, ken1122 wrote:

Ken

If you have a glass of water with ice in it, isn't the ice separate from the water even though they are in the same glass?

Ken

Only for as long as it maintains its lower temperature, the sublimation of the ice will have begun the moment it was removed from a temperature which will support it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 9:54:31 AM
At 5/7/2016 7:38:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:08:53 AM, ken1122 wrote:

Ken

Ken

Only for as long as it maintains its lower temperature, the sublimation of the ice will have begun the moment it was removed from a temperature which will support it.
Try reading non fairy tales.
https://en.wikipedia.org...
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 10:39:54 AM
So using analogy.
If Gods like or can be compared to water.

What was this Jesus bloke trying to say by walking on water.
What point was he trying to prove to his old man. Was it because Jesus knew his dad like to use water to mass murder people. And by Jesus walking on it was like a F U dad, ya can't kill me.
Or maybe Jesus walked on water because he was sick to death of hearing about fancy pants mosses parting the red sea. You know what I mean . Jesus was like . I don't need to stand here for a day parting the water. I'm a walk right over it.
The only problem this caused was jesus couldn't bring his pals with him.
Good old mosses could bring the whole jew, I mean crew.
Or maybe they could walk on water because Israelite.
Crazy crazy times back then.
I mean 1 day you can compare god to water , the next he pops up as a burning bush.