Total Posts:96|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jesus was not very bright, but was he right?

Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:07:03 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Heed the words of the DDO christian champion (self-appointed).
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:13:23 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:07:03 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Heed the words of the DDO christian champion (self-appointed).

That is a wise decision.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:14:43 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

As the self proclaimed champion of Muslims, you are grasping at straws to try to even up the playing field between Jesus and Mohamed. Even a simple fool like you knows that what you are saying is the epitome of stupidity and a wish for something that just isn't. Give up fool.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:21:29 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:14:43 PM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

As the self proclaimed champion of Muslims, you are grasping at straws to try to even up the playing field between Jesus and Mohamed. Even a simple fool like you knows that what you are saying is the epitome of stupidity and a wish for something that just isn't. Give up fool.


You are new on DDO and missed some early announcements like this one:

Harikrish for Christian Champion.
http://www.debate.org...

I would like to volunteer my time, training in esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism and spiritual enlightenment to defend Christianity if the Christian members on DDO have the confidence in me that I serve their cause well. If they vote me as their Christian champion based on my scriptural knowledge, scriptural integrity and scriptural universality (universal beliefs of Christianity) I will respond to every negative and anti-Christian post that is brought to my attention.
I don't know what it takes to get a majority Christian vote. But we can begin by getting your endorsements and then checking with the moderators to make me the official goto Christian David.
I am a Vedantists raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism. I am a Hindu by birth but married into a Christian family that includes two Christian pastors and two generations of church goes. I don't debate my Christian relatives. They have accepted my inclusion as a testament to my blessed opportunity. And in return I studied their scriptures.
Please consider my challenge to atheists as personal and support/endorse me as your champion. The rest I will leave it to the Lord and pray for strength and support as we eradicate DDO from the scourge of atheism.
I look forward to winning support from our preterists members as deluded as they might be and our senior menopausal virgins who patiently stand by and wait. But most of all I appeal to Christians members who are looking for a champion who is articulate, principled and spiritually unequalled on DDO.
Peace to all.... Please make your vote known that I may be the David of your dreams.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:26:06 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

that is absolutely incorrect, the Lord God of Israel after dealing with only Noah and Abraham in respect to the fulfillment of His Son has always dealt with the faithful and disregarded the unfaithful. its His choice to do so. Jesus didn't come to take over Israel or the world as the Jews expected, He came to establish His Kingdom and made it available to the faithful before He returns and establishes the same Kingdom in the earth as it is in Heaven. note the start of His work, "repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. first he is to retrieve and restore the faithful, then the rest can be fulfilled.

its not stupid to take care of your own first which is in this case the faithful. the preservation of this life in the flesh He has shown He can and has the power to restore, its the Life of Christ that is in the Presence of God Almighty that is more important, that if lost can't, be restored.

so technical your view isn't very bright because it seems you don't know why He did what He did. nor does it seem you know or understand the ways of the Lord God of Israel.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:29:26 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:07:03 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Heed the words of the DDO christian champion (self-appointed).

I don't think many Christians would see this post as championing Christianity! Haha! Harikrish is a Muslim I think, he just pretends to be a Christian sometimes to argue against atheists.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:36:06 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:29:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:07:03 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Heed the words of the DDO christian champion (self-appointed).

I don't think many Christians would see this post as championing Christianity! Haha! Harikrish is a Muslim I think, he just pretends to be a Christian sometimes to argue against atheists.

Hari actually claims to be a vedanist Hindu. But sometimes I think he may be telling porkies.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:41:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:36:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:29:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:07:03 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Heed the words of the DDO christian champion (self-appointed).

I don't think many Christians would see this post as championing Christianity! Haha! Harikrish is a Muslim I think, he just pretends to be a Christian sometimes to argue against atheists.

Hari actually claims to be a vedanist Hindu. But sometimes I think he may be telling porkies.

Yes I've heard that claim, but his defense of Islam and it's false prophet Muhammad has led me to the conclusion he is a Muslim who incorporates Hindu cultural practices.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:44:14 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:41:54 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:36:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:29:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:07:03 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Heed the words of the DDO christian champion (self-appointed).

I don't think many Christians would see this post as championing Christianity! Haha! Harikrish is a Muslim I think, he just pretends to be a Christian sometimes to argue against atheists.

Hari actually claims to be a vedanist Hindu. But sometimes I think he may be telling porkies.

Yes I've heard that claim, but his defense of Islam and it's false prophet Muhammad has led me to the conclusion he is a Muslim who incorporates Hindu cultural practices.

In reality he is a failed troll, who will adopt any and every position if it will get a reaction.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:45:38 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

That's the difference between Islam and Christianity. Christianity teaches to be a good man. Islam teaches to think like an animal. Rape, kill, destroy, pee on a bush.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:46:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:44:14 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:41:54 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:36:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:29:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:07:03 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Heed the words of the DDO christian champion (self-appointed).

I don't think many Christians would see this post as championing Christianity! Haha! Harikrish is a Muslim I think, he just pretends to be a Christian sometimes to argue against atheists.

Hari actually claims to be a vedanist Hindu. But sometimes I think he may be telling porkies.

Yes I've heard that claim, but his defense of Islam and it's false prophet Muhammad has led me to the conclusion he is a Muslim who incorporates Hindu cultural practices.

In reality he is a failed troll, who will adopt any and every position if it will get a reaction.

I've never seem him make any sort of criticism of Islam but maybe I've missed something?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:49:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:46:13 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:44:14 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:41:54 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:36:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:29:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:07:03 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Heed the words of the DDO christian champion (self-appointed).

I don't think many Christians would see this post as championing Christianity! Haha! Harikrish is a Muslim I think, he just pretends to be a Christian sometimes to argue against atheists.

Hari actually claims to be a vedanist Hindu. But sometimes I think he may be telling porkies.

Yes I've heard that claim, but his defense of Islam and it's false prophet Muhammad has led me to the conclusion he is a Muslim who incorporates Hindu cultural practices.

In reality he is a failed troll, who will adopt any and every position if it will get a reaction.

I've never seem him make any sort of criticism of Islam but maybe I've missed something?

I mentioned baraq to him and he knew instantly what it was. He's a Muslim.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:00:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

The trouble is that the Jews own prophecies foretold that he would die an ignominious death and keep silent in front of his accusers, so he had no choice.

What the Jews wanted, and what Jehovah wanted were two very different things, and still are.

More fool them.


But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

No he couldn't because his father told him to sit at his right hand and wait until his enemies were placed as stools for his feet. That happened abut 1800 years later when Satan was cast out of heaven.

Like any good and loyal son he did what his God and father told him to.


But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

The world is being penalised because of Adam's stupidity, and what he has passed on to us.

Jesus by his obedience gave us hope, a hope which will soon be realised.


Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

And here you refer to part of the very prophecy which foretold his ignominious death and his silence.

You really are completely dumb aren't you, You know next to nothing about the Bible and prophecy and yet you happily pontificate in miserable ignorance.

Does someone have to tell you when to breathe in and out, because by the sounds of it you are incapable of working that out for yourself.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:01:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:26:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did not want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.


that is absolutely incorrect, the Lord God of Israel after dealing with only Noah and Abraham in respect to the fulfillment of His Son has always dealt with the faithful and disregarded the unfaithful. its His choice to do so. Jesus didn't come to take over Israel or the world as the Jews expected, He came to establish His Kingdom and made it available to the faithful before He returns and establishes the same Kingdom in the earth as it is in Heaven. note the start of His work, "repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. first he is to retrieve and restore the faithful, then the rest can be fulfilled.

its not stupid to take care of your own first which is in this case the faithful. the preservation of this life in the flesh He has shown He can and has the power to restore, its the Life of Christ that is in the Presence of God Almighty that is more important, that if lost can't, be restored.

so technical your view isn't very bright because it seems you don't know why He did what He did. nor does it seem you know or understand the ways of the Lord God of Israel.

The Jews did worse even though Jesus was sent to save them and restore the Davidic kingdom. Their temple was destroyed and they were slaughtered and those that survived were scattered only to be persecuted for the next 1500 years. Hardly a mission accomplished. To add insult to injury the very pagans that destroyed the children of Israel were put in charge of Christianity. The Roman Catholic Church even to this day commands over 1 billion christians.

But the question remains: "Jesus was not very bright, but was he right?"
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:10:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 10:00:45 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

The trouble is that the Jews own prophecies foretold that he would die an ignominious death and keep silent in front of his accusers, so he had no choice.

What the Jews wanted, and what Jehovah wanted were two very different things, and still are.

More fool them.


But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

No he couldn't because his father told him to sit at his right hand and wait until his enemies were placed as stools for his feet. That happened abut 1800 years later when Satan was cast out of heaven.

Like any good and loyal son he did what his God and father told him to.


But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

The world is being penalised because of Adam's stupidity, and what he has passed on to us.

Jesus by his obedience gave us hope, a hope which will soon be realised.


Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

And here you refer to part of the very prophecy which foretold his ignominious death and his silence.

You really are completely dumb aren't you, You know next to nothing about the Bible and prophecy and yet you happily pontificate in miserable ignorance.

Does someone have to tell you when to breathe in and out, because by the sounds of it you are incapable of working that out for yourself.

For someone who has been such a failure in everything you did should apply dumbness introspectively.

You remain divorced after 4 marriages and your children ignores you.
You remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW elders.
You engaged in unnatural sexual acts and called yourself a serial adulterer.
You remain financially strapped, your fund raising attempts all failed.
You are still on medication for your suicidal depressions.
You are now physically handicapped and live on disability assistance.
You haven't been laid in 15 years.
You live alone with a dog.
You turned to Jehovah,but your government handouts are paying your bills.
You are 67 and do not have any employable skills besides being too old to work.
You think jesus was an angel. Everyone knows he was a Jewish carpenters son.
You pray to Jehovah a meaningless name in the English language.
Last we heard you were raising money for a motorcycle because your old one had to be scrapped.
You failed to raise money on Gofundme.com so you could join Imelda after trying for several years.
You were looking for relationships on a free dating service Mingle2.com while still committed to marry Imelda.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:16:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:49:13 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:46:13 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:44:14 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:41:54 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:36:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:29:26 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:07:03 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Heed the words of the DDO christian champion (self-appointed).

I don't think many Christians would see this post as championing Christianity! Haha! Harikrish is a Muslim I think, he just pretends to be a Christian sometimes to argue against atheists.

Hari actually claims to be a vedanist Hindu. But sometimes I think he may be telling porkies.

Yes I've heard that claim, but his defense of Islam and it's false prophet Muhammad has led me to the conclusion he is a Muslim who incorporates Hindu cultural practices.

In reality he is a failed troll, who will adopt any and every position if it will get a reaction.

I've never seem him make any sort of criticism of Islam but maybe I've missed something?

I mentioned baraq to him and he knew instantly what it was. He's a Muslim.

I am a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition a Hindu by birth and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian theology and Islamic fundamentalism. I am also a student of philosophy and the behavioural sciences. But I am employed in the IT industry as an AI programmer.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:28:39 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:45:38 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

That's the difference between Islam and Christianity. Christianity teaches to be a good man. Islam teaches to think like an animal. Rape, kill, destroy, pee on a bush.

Christians follow Jesus because they believe Jesus was not very bright, but he was right?
Muslims follow their prophet Mohammad (pbuh) who was very bright and successful and because he was right.

One has to conclude God chose Jesus to appeal to the not so bright population and the prophet Mohammad to the more demanding academics and intellectuals.

Who are we to judge why God chose the different paths? But each get what they deserve.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:36:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 10:28:39 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:45:38 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

That's the difference between Islam and Christianity. Christianity teaches to be a good man. Islam teaches to think like an animal. Rape, kill, destroy, pee on a bush.

Christians follow Jesus because they believe Jesus was not very bright, but he was right?
Muslims follow their prophet Mohammad (pbuh) who was very bright and successful and because he was right.

One has to conclude God chose Jesus to appeal to the not so bright population and the prophet Mohammad to the more demanding academics and intellectuals.

Who are we to judge why God chose the different paths? But each get what they deserve.

So smart people have sex with 6 year olds, kill anyone who disagrees with them, and are illiterate?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:44:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 9:26:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
its not stupid to take care of your own first which is in this case the faithful.
I don't know how it should seem sensible to you that a creator and supreme ruler of the universe should support religious nationalism in precisely the same manner that xenophobic humans do. :p

Does the God of Love truly disdain Jainists, who are so peaceful they avoid stepping on insects -- simply because they were born on the subcontinent and have a different tradition, while doting on Christian Americans, whose leaders are so gentle they've found half a dozen ways to execute life-imprisoned criminals they can't forgive?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:47:36 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 10:36:28 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/6/2016 10:28:39 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:45:38 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

That's the difference between Islam and Christianity. Christianity teaches to be a good man. Islam teaches to think like an animal. Rape, kill, destroy, pee on a bush.

Christians follow Jesus because they believe Jesus was not very bright, but he was right?
Muslims follow their prophet Mohammad (pbuh) who was very bright and successful and because he was right.

One has to conclude God chose Jesus to appeal to the not so bright population and the prophet Mohammad to the more demanding academics and intellectuals.

Who are we to judge why God chose the different paths? But each get what they deserve.

So smart people have sex with 6 year olds, kill anyone who disagrees with them, and are illiterate?

The prophet was a successful businessman and marrying Aisha proved to be successful as well. Aisha was the most loved and distinguished of all his wives.
Jesus chose a different path a simpler path to match his mental development. He never achieved anything nor did he marry even at the age of 30. He never showed any interest in women. He had no army, never mastered the carpentry business of his father and was a wanderer. We have to conclude Jesus was not very bright, but was he right?
fire_wings
Posts: 5,539
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 11:52:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
He wasn't right, nor bright
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:00:22 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Your standards of successful intelligence are shallow. Jesus predicted a random future unlikely for a lowly carpenter to fulfill. Predictions have a scientific nature. Jesus could outsmart scholars. SCHOLARS! His responses are accustomed to now because he hasn't topped his own brilliance in two thousand years.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:11:48 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 10:44:53 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:26:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
its not stupid to take care of your own first which is in this case the faithful.
I don't know how it should seem sensible to you that a creator and supreme ruler of the universe should support religious nationalism in precisely the same manner that xenophobic humans do. :p

Does the God of Love truly disdain Jainists, who are so peaceful they avoid stepping on insects -- simply because they were born on the subcontinent and have a different tradition, while doting on Christian Americans, whose leaders are so gentle they've found half a dozen ways to execute life-imprisoned criminals they can't forgive?

well since you know so much about righteous judgements and mercy then tell us what does the "God of Love" love? And that would also mean, that which isn't what He loves, or contrary to what He loves or against what He loves, he would appropriately hate, correct?

and since He is Love, then your definition of what love is, would be incorrect, because He is what Love is, if He is the God of love as you say.

therefore if you don't know God then you don't know what Love is, and you don't know what to love.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:45:40 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 10:01:45 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:26:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did not want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.


that is absolutely incorrect, the Lord God of Israel after dealing with only Noah and Abraham in respect to the fulfillment of His Son has always dealt with the faithful and disregarded the unfaithful. its His choice to do so. Jesus didn't come to take over Israel or the world as the Jews expected, He came to establish His Kingdom and made it available to the faithful before He returns and establishes the same Kingdom in the earth as it is in Heaven. note the start of His work, "repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. first he is to retrieve and restore the faithful, then the rest can be fulfilled.

its not stupid to take care of your own first which is in this case the faithful. the preservation of this life in the flesh He has shown He can and has the power to restore, its the Life of Christ that is in the Presence of God Almighty that is more important, that if lost can't, be restored.

so technical your view isn't very bright because it seems you don't know why He did what He did. nor does it seem you know or understand the ways of the Lord God of Israel.

The Jews did worse even though Jesus was sent to save them and restore the Davidic kingdom. Their temple was destroyed and they were slaughtered and those that survived were scattered only to be persecuted for the next 1500 years. Hardly a mission accomplished. To add insult to injury the very pagans that destroyed the children of Israel were put in charge of Christianity. The Roman Catholic Church even to this day commands over 1 billion christians.

But the question remains: "Jesus was not very bright, but was he right?"

Considering that Christianity is the largest religion and Muslims revere Jesus, I would consider, if I were you, that a stupid man cannot have the greatest influence of anyone on mankind. He preached love and compassion. These are principles we all strive for, What you say about him has no relevance to who He was and yes, He was right. Just FYI, I am not a practicing Christian, but I sure as hell recognize a great being. Mohamed was not one of those. Jesus was, Buddha was, and even lesser evolved beings such as Gandhi and Martin Luther King were. They were all men of non violence. Take that.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:50:53 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 10:47:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2016 10:36:28 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/6/2016 10:28:39 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:45:38 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

That's the difference between Islam and Christianity. Christianity teaches to be a good man. Islam teaches to think like an animal. Rape, kill, destroy, pee on a bush.

Christians follow Jesus because they believe Jesus was not very bright, but he was right?
Muslims follow their prophet Mohammad (pbuh) who was very bright and successful and because he was right.

One has to conclude God chose Jesus to appeal to the not so bright population and the prophet Mohammad to the more demanding academics and intellectuals.

Who are we to judge why God chose the different paths? But each get what they deserve.

So smart people have sex with 6 year olds, kill anyone who disagrees with them, and are illiterate?

The prophet was a successful businessman and marrying Aisha proved to be successful as well. Aisha was the most loved and distinguished of all his wives.
Jesus chose a different path a simpler path to match his mental development. He never achieved anything nor did he marry even at the age of 30. He never showed any interest in women. He had no army, never mastered the carpentry business of his father and was a wanderer. We have to conclude Jesus was not very bright, but was he right?

The bible deifies Jesus, wrongly. There are writings that state he did marry, Mary Magdeline. They are out there. He was not born of a virgin. He was human but realized His Christhood as he grew. Christhood is available to all souls.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:05:29 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
Seek psychological help. If you're too stupid to realize you are projecting and also too stupid to keep it to yourself you are crying out for help. They have programs to build your self image.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:13:57 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 10:44:53 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:26:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
its not stupid to take care of your own first which is in this case the faithful.
I don't know how it should seem sensible to you that a creator and supreme ruler of the universe should support religious nationalism in precisely the same manner that xenophobic humans do. :p

Does the God of Love truly disdain Jainists, who are so peaceful they avoid stepping on insects -- simply because they were born on the subcontinent and have a different tradition, while doting on Christian Americans, whose leaders are so gentle they've found half a dozen ways to execute life-imprisoned criminals they can't forgive?

Jesus loved all beings and didn't distinguish. there are plenty of hypocritical christians who don't follow Jesus's teachings but love to preach.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:47:33 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/7/2016 12:11:48 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 5/6/2016 10:44:53 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/6/2016 9:26:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
its not stupid to take care of your own first which is in this case the faithful.
I don't know how it should seem sensible to you that a creator and supreme ruler of the universe should support religious nationalism in precisely the same manner that xenophobic humans do. :p
Does the God of Love truly disdain Jainists, who are so peaceful they avoid stepping on insects -- simply because they were born on the subcontinent and have a different tradition, while doting on Christian Americans, whose leaders are so gentle they've found half a dozen ways to execute life-imprisoned criminals they can't forgive?
well since you know so much about righteous judgements and mercy then tell us what does the "God of Love" love?
It's more like what are humans capable of recognising as love, since yours is a human claim. In love we are capable of recognising compassion, wisdom and tolerance. I'd suggest that anything falling short of that isn't recognisable as love, so defining anything else as love is either dishonest or deluded.

It seems to me that any exemplar of those qualities, god or not, would have to be at least as compassionate, wise and tolerant as the best humans have ever been, no?

Would you say that our best humans are xenophobic, nationalistic, tribal, conceited, punitive zealots? If not, then why would you consider an exemplar of love to be?

It seems to me that anyone who'd define love as preferential love for people of their faith is really defining self-love. That's a bit vain, don't you think?

But perhaps it's great for clerics, and lazy, xenophobic parishioners. It tells sanctimonious little grovelers greedy for eternal life how lucky they are not to have been born someplace else, and makes clerics awfully popular with parishioners who aren't all that interested in working hard to be better people.

But it's not so good for humanity, I'd suggest. Not a great way to build tolerance, wisdom, or compassion for one's fellow man, is it?

if you don't know God then you don't know what Love is, and you don't know what to love.
It seems to me that any human can understand love, because humans are capable of both giving and receiving it. To assert otherwise seems an act of the same conceited xenophobia I mentioned before.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 4:02:51 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/6/2016 8:59:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus did not claim to be original. He said his words came from the father. He also believed he had to die to fulfill the prophesies. But the Jews wanted a living messiah to deliver them from the Roman oppression. Jesus had his chance when he was asked if he was the Christ at his trial. He could have said emphatically he was and did a few miracles to demonstrate his powers. But he was evasive and vague and even said his kingdom was not of this world. So they sent him back to the world he came from.

But his stupidity continued even after his resurrection. He was given all power over heaven and earth. He could have gone back to the people who crucified him and showed them his new found power. But instead he disguised himself and did it want to be recognized except by his followers. That is not the behaviour expected of a God or a Christ.
Hey dumba$$:
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

But should the world be penalized because of his stupidity and ineptness and low self esteem and an unconvincing despicable nature? What if he was right and the Christ, but just not very bright?

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.