Jump to topic:

Jesus the false messiah was immoral and evil

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:05:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
So many Christians extol the life of Jesus as being the most perfect "human" life ever lived, and they wear bracelets saying WWJD (What would Jesus do). But when you critically examine the Jesus of the gospels, a very different picture emerges. The following was taken from:

https://www.reddit.com...

Jesus, if he existed, was an absolute psychopath. He condemned people to hell for not receiving his word:

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned [to hell]" But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not " it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city. Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! " And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell."

Condoned all the atrocities from the Old Testament:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

Was racist (And was willing to allow a child to die because of his racism):

"A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. He replied, "It is not right to take the children"s bread and toss it to their dogs.'"

Was a thief:

"As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, "Why are you doing this?" tell him, "The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.'"

Encouraged dismemberment as a solution to sin:

"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come! If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Threw temper tantrums:

"On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts."

Wanted to tear families apart:

"I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man"s foes shall be they of his own household" The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

Was a self-proclaimed war-mongerer:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword" And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

Refuses to forgive blasphemy:

"Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men " whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

Blamed children for the actions of their ancestors (And condemned them to hell. He liked doing that):

Ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. " Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? " Upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Condoned the right to own and beat slaves:

"And that servant, which knew his lord"s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes" The kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made."

Was cruel to animals for no reason:

"And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters."

He was also cruel to plants (because it had no fruit for him to eat)

"When he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away."

He explicitly states that nonbelievers will be damned:

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

And was nonsensically contradictory:

"Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple."

I cannot think of a worse person to model your life after. How can anyone believe that this obviously insane man was divine, or at least why would you want to?

Despite some of the good things he did, it cannot be denied that there have been many non-divine humans who have displayed a higher degree of morality and ethics than Jesus. Of course, all of this might simply be mythical and that would explain why Jesus is portrayed with so many mortal imperfections- he was a reflection of the people who invented him.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:29:14 PM
At 5/6/2016 9:05:31 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
So many Christians extol the life of Jesus as being the most perfect "human" life ever lived, and they wear bracelets saying WWJD (What would Jesus do). But when you critically examine the Jesus of the gospels, a very different picture emerges. The following was taken from:

Jesus, if he existed, was an absolute psychopath. He condemned people to hell for not receiving his word:

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned [to hell]" But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not " it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city. Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! " And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell."

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

"A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. He replied, "It is not right to take the children"s bread and toss it to their dogs.'"

Was a thief:

"As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, "Why are you doing this?" tell him, "The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.'"

"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come! If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Threw temper tantrums:

"On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts."

"I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man"s foes shall be they of his own household" The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword" And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

"Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men " whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

Blamed children for the actions of their ancestors (And condemned them to hell. He liked doing that):

Ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. " Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? " Upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

"And that servant, which knew his lord"s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes" The kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made."

"And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters."

"When he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away."

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

"Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple."

I cannot think of a worse person to model your life after. How can anyone believe that this obviously insane man was divine, or at least why would you want to?

Despite some of the good things he did, it cannot be denied that there have been many non-divine humans who have displayed a higher degree of morality and ethics than Jesus. Of course, all of this might simply be mythical and that would explain why Jesus is portrayed with so many mortal imperfections- he was a reflection of the people who invented him.

Chloe8 refuses to debate this topic with me.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:54:50 PM
At 5/6/2016 10:30:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Your welcome to refute my points but you have chosen not to do so. Try and justify the actions of Jesus in these bible verses.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 11:49:56 PM
At 5/6/2016 10:54:50 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Your welcome to refute my points but you have chosen not to do so. Try and justify the actions of Jesus in these bible verses.

Debate me and I will.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:16:19 AM

Jesus, if he existed, was an absolute psychopath.

Unsubstantiated

He condemned people to hell for not receiving his word:

Do you understand what salvation means? Do you understand the christian religion has Jesus as the Judge of the world?

So yes If you are not saved the Judge condemns you to punishment.

Do you accept that when the Law is broken a Judge issues a verdict? I mean really forget you bias, really forget the hate speech, the demonetization, the bigoted mindset you have towards religion.

You should already accept that A Judge passes verdicts for laws broken, and so this doesn't make Jesus bad or psycho path.

The Law is the compilation of the commandments the Israelites were governed by under the old covenant. You like so many bigoted self-righteous atheist who copy and paste cliches and garbage from bias websites instead of reading the chapters and books you denounce for yourself from the very pages of the bible.. continue to confuse that the bible has accounts in it. That are just stating what people did. Just because David broke the law, or Lot did such and such despicable act being recorded does not mean God automatically approves.

In fact if you READ THE BOOK instead of copying and pasting your anti-theist strawmans you would see that when those people broke the law, or did bad, it ended up causing problems for Israel.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:50:47 AM

Racist? She was from a different country and Jesus preached to the Isrealites. As a Jew at rabbinical age. His statement was a matter of fact not hate.

Yes I know as a liberal crap guzzling bigot, you think when anyone says something you don't want to hear, they are committing some kind of violence against you.

I know it's soooo crazy Jesus, the Hebrew Messiah, was a ZIONIST!

But the woman accepted Jesus when Israel didn't. But she also accepted that Jesus was there for 'God's People" ie,.. the children. Ie Israel. And in the End he blessed the woman, and healed her daughter.

Was a thief:

You copy and paste this from bias websites. What have I repeatedly asked you to do? Read the passages yourself you lazy half wit.

In the very next verse it says, "They went and found a colt outside in the street, tied at a doorway. As they untied it, 5some people standing there asked, "What are you doing, untying that colt?" 6They answered as Jesus had told them to, and the people let them go."

Really you want to call it theft when the people let the disciples take the colt so easily? Jesus had quite a following it's not unreasonable (especially taking into account the little resistance the disciples got) was that the owners of the colt had at an earlier time told Jesus "If there's anything we can do for you let us know."

Maybe you should pay more attention in English class. And while English isn't the Language Jesus spoke, I'm sure it has things like hyperbole, parable, analogy, ect...

When you post things like this it only confirms you don't bother knowing the truth but just strawman a literal account of the bible.

Threw temper tantrums:

A temper tantrum is unruly whining. Jesus took the time to braid a whip. he was very much in control of his disdain.

This is in stark contrast to the looting, grocery store burning, and thug temper tantrums feminist and black life movements do.

Why do you see the violence committed by your groups legit revolution and condemn Jesus?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:14:41 AM

He specifically was addressing his disciples preaching in Israel to Jews. This is specifically talking about the strive that would be caused in Israel. But yeah Jesus was a revolutionary leader. And lead a change in mentality and spiritual knowledge that brought mankind into the modern age. Jesus and conversion to Christianity set the stage for the rise of the western empires, the advances in science, the education of the common person, ect... I mean seriously. Like Ghandi times 100.

You seriously don't read the Bible do you. This verse is part of the last verses you posted.

Yeah what's wrong here.

This was a debate between The pharisees and Jesus. Not only did you not bother reading the chapter, but you cite out of context. And you skip over some key verse.

Mathew 23:32 "Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!"

So No. It's not the sins or actions of their fathers, but the their own actions.

Military service is a institution of slavery. They give you food, clothing, and board and a soldier is available for orders 24 hours a day 7 days a week. And flogging was a legitimate punishment. And Corporeal Punishment in the manner of Exercising to exhaustion and ect.. are still allowed.

And if you have a servant that doesn't want to serve you and owes you money you get rid of them.

Jesus came to preach and teach Israel. The demons asked jesus if he came to torture them before their appointed time. So in a kind of loop hole Jesus told them they could posses a religiously unclean animal instead of the People!

Are you opposed to relieving human suffering if it harms animals? I think you are a hypocrite.

Yeah some people need to be shown stuff to get the point. have you ever seen a demonstration of an analogy?

As you should be.

What was nonsensically contradictory about that?

I'm sure his disciples thought he might be a plain human, well until he did those miracles in front of them.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:26:02 AM

You have blasphemed God Chloe. You are getting very near to the unforgivable herasy...

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:28:02 AM

Was a thief:

Threw temper tantrums:

Mark 3:29

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:28:50 AM
"but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:41:00 AM
At 5/7/2016 1:28:50 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
"but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."
Oooooooh scary.
Check under your bed, quick.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:57:42 AM

Was a thief:

Threw temper tantrums:

Rebuttle

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:58:16 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Chloe knows anything about theology or even understands the Bible.

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned [to hell]"..." And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell."

-Chloe must define Hell in order to condemn it. Jesus referenced Heaven many times, never literally. The same applies to Hell. We know Abraham, who was saved and with God, spoke to a man in Hell, so they were in contact with each other in the same "physical place". We also know that a man only receives what he has or has not done to others. Chloe thinks evil should just be left alone and cannot be punished.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

-False dichotomy and theological ignorance. He fulfilled the Law per the 10 Commandments. We know this because He said "Love fulfills the law." Moses' law had nothing to do with love but with keeping the Israelites alive. Chloe has falsely attached Moses' Law which Jesus resisted by not stoning adulterers, not washing hands per Moses' Law, working on Sabbath, etc etc

-He healed her...
-He spoke to Samaritans who no Jews spoke to...

Was a thief:

"As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, "Why are you doing this?" tell him, "The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly."

-The owners willingly gave it up...

And yet none of His apostles cut off or plucked out anything because He spoke in allegories.

Threw temper tantrums:

-They were stealing from the poor...

-False dichotomy unknown and understood in the West. If you turn to Christ in Islam, your entire family is commanded to hate you, and even kill you for apostasy.

-And the sword is the truth and the gospel.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

"Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."

-Nuff said...

skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:58:49 AM

Try and prove what is or isn't moral. There simply isn't a universally agreed upon idea of what is moiral among people so to act as if you hold the handbook that everyone agrees to makes you delusional. Get a consensus from everyone on this planet as to what is moiral then you might have something of value to discuss.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:01:06 AM
If one wants to see what a "tatrem" looks like, look at Chloe's tantrem in the comments section of this debate.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:05:09 AM
Report this Comment
Posted by Chloe8 3 days ago
42 life, your vote is clearly biased. You acknowledge your a Christian yourself. There is no way any unbiased person who upon reading that debate comes to the conclusion Christianity can be proven as a fact. Remember the burden of proof was on pro to prove Christianity is a fact! I didn't have to prove Christianity is false, I merely had to show it cannot be proven as a fact! Any rational person would see that I have easily shown that their is considerable doubt over whether Christianity is a fact. I don't think me or brontoraptor showed any bad conduct in the debate. I don't see how you awarded the points to him for the sources. It's not about the number of sources, it's about the quality!

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:13:21 AM
At 5/7/2016 1:41:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
Oooooooh scary.

You're getting old bull. What are you gonna do? Even Christopher Hitchens was shaken when he saw the reaper. What are you gonna do bull? You can't keep mocking God forever. At some point you must pay the piper...

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:13:16 AM
At 5/7/2016 2:13:21 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Oooooooh scary.

You're getting old bull. What are you gonna do? Even Christopher Hitchens was shaken when he saw the reaper. What are you gonna do bull? You can't keep mocking God forever. At some point you must pay the piper...
I don't know whether or not you've noticed but what frightens you has absolutely no effect on me.
The basis of your religion is FEAR, stick with it, it's amusing to see you and all your mates quaking.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 7:12:36 AM
At 5/7/2016 12:16:19 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Jesus, if he existed, was an absolute psychopath.

Unsubstantiated

He was certainly a crazy individual.

He condemned people to hell for not receiving his word:

Do you understand what salvation means? Do you understand the christian religion has Jesus as the Judge of the world?

Yes.

So yes If you are not saved the Judge condemns you to punishment.

It's just silly that this man thought he was God. It's ridiculous to torture someone for eternity merely for not worshipping you. Why would God's want worship? Worship is a concept devised by fearful stone age men.

Do you accept that when the Law is broken a Judge issues a verdict? I mean really forget you bias, really forget the hate speech, the demonetization, the bigoted mindset you have towards religion.

I don't deny my hate of religion. particularly abrahamic religion. I oppose immoral, evil dictatorships. Judaism, Christianity and Islam meet that description. If Adolf Hitler was in charge of your country would you consider his views just and moral simply because he is the ultimate judge? No. So that means you should accept the Christian god of the bible is evil. I don't accept the rulings of courts of evil dictatorships. Especially dictatorships that don't even exist.

You should already accept that A Judge passes verdicts for laws broken, and so this doesn't make Jesus bad or psycho path.

Jesus should not have created such stupid unfair laws.

The Law is the compilation of the commandments the Israelites were governed by under the old covenant. You like so many bigoted self-righteous atheist who copy and paste cliches and garbage from bias websites instead of reading the chapters and books you denounce for yourself from the very pages of the bible.. continue to confuse that the bible has accounts in it. That are just stating what people did. Just because David broke the law, or Lot did such and such despicable act being recorded does not mean God automatically approves.

But if God is omniscient and omnipotent he would not choose such idiots as his chosen people.

In fact if you READ THE BOOK instead of copying and pasting your anti-theist strawmans you would see that when those people broke the law, or did bad, it ended up causing problems for Israel.

The comical fall of Israel to the Romans. God abandons his people because they refuse to listen to him. He should have just given people personal messages. His alleged stupidity is incredible.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 7:36:06 AM
At 5/7/2016 12:50:47 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Racist? She was from a different country and Jesus preached to the Isrealites. As a Jew at rabbinical age. His statement was a matter of fact not hate.

No Jesus displays he is an ordinary man and not a messiah. He should have behaved in a god like manner not in the manner of a bigoted, racist 1st century Jewish man. It's silly why God is racist and favours the Israelites. It's genuinely quite funny Jesus was stupid enough to believe demons caused mental health problems!

Yes I know as a liberal crap guzzling bigot, you think when anyone says something you don't want to hear, they are committing some kind of violence against you.

Ironically I'm not even a liberal!

I know it's soooo crazy Jesus, the Hebrew Messiah, was a ZIONIST!

Indeed he was.

But the woman accepted Jesus when Israel didn't. But she also accepted that Jesus was there for 'God's People" ie,.. the children. Ie Israel. And in the End he blessed the woman, and healed her daughter.

It took her persuasion for him to do so. It's like a white Nan walking past a black child who is drowning and his mother having to apologize that her child is black before the white man bothers to try and rescue the child. No one should have to confess any supposed inferiority to get help.

Was a thief:

You copy and paste this from bias websites. What have I repeatedly asked you to do? Read the passages yourself you lazy half wit.

Jesus ordered men to steal a horse. It's a statement of fact.

In the very next verse it says, "They went and found a colt outside in the street, tied at a doorway. As they untied it, 5some people standing there asked, "What are you doing, untying that colt?" 6They answered as Jesus had told them to, and the people let them go."

Did these people own the colt? No. It was theft. A stranger or passer by approving a burglary does not justify it.

Really you want to call it theft when the people let the disciples take the colt so easily? Jesus had quite a following it's not unreasonable (especially taking into account the little resistance the disciples got) was that the owners of the colt had at an earlier time told Jesus "If there's anything we can do for you let us know."

But that's you speculating. If that was true it would appear in the bible.

Maybe you should pay more attention in English class. And while English isn't the Language Jesus spoke, I'm sure it has things like hyperbole, parable, analogy, ect...

Don't you think it's a bit silly for a messiah to speak in this way? Someone could interpret it literally and actually carry out these absurd amputations.

When you post things like this it only confirms you don't bother knowing the truth but just strawman a literal account of the bible.

I know the truth Mikhail. The bible is a book created by 4th century Romans using scripture created by men between the bronze age and the second century. It has no divine influence.

Threw temper tantrums:

A temper tantrum is unruly whining. Jesus took the time to braid a whip. he was very much in control of his disdain.

It's quite funny that a man claiming to be a messiah and the son of god got in a strop!

This is in stark contrast to the looting, grocery store burning, and thug temper tantrums feminist and black life movements do.

These people don't claim to be a messiah or the son of god.

Why do you see the violence committed by your groups legit revolution and condemn Jesus?

These are not my groups. They are merely a few people breaking the law. They should face justice for their crimes. Jesus should be expected to hold a higher moral standard than criminals. The fact you need to compare him to criminals to justify his actions says a lot about Jesus.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 8:04:56 AM
At 5/7/2016 1:14:41 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

He specifically was addressing his disciples preaching in Israel to Jews. This is specifically talking about the strive that would be caused in Israel. But yeah Jesus was a revolutionary leader. And lead a change in mentality and spiritual knowledge that brought mankind into the modern age. Jesus and conversion to Christianity set the stage for the rise of the western empires, the advances in science, the education of the common person, ect... I mean seriously. Like Ghandi times 100.

Don't be ridiculous. Christian dogma lead to the dark ages! It was only when Christianity loosened its grip slightly technological and scientific knowledge improved. Jesus being a real messiah should have been so convincing he could convert whole families not just individuals.

You seriously don't read the Bible do you. This verse is part of the last verses you posted.

Jesus promotes violence and condemns peace in this verse.

Yeah what's wrong here.

It's a bit silly when potentially murderers can be forgiven but a word against the holy spirit is a sentence to eternal torment.

This was a debate between The pharisees and Jesus. Not only did you not bother reading the chapter, but you cite out of context. And you skip over some key verse.

Mathew 23:32 "Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!"

So No. It's not the sins or actions of their fathers, but the their own actions.

Why does he mention their ancestors then? If he is judging them on their own actions it is unnecessary to mention their ancestors.

Military service is a institution of slavery. They give you food, clothing, and board and a soldier is available for orders 24 hours a day 7 days a week. And flogging was a legitimate punishment. And Corporeal Punishment in the manner of Exercising to exhaustion and ect.. are still allowed.

And if you have a servant that doesn't want to serve you and owes you money you get rid of them.

So you condone slavery. How barbaric. It's no wonder slavery occurred in America when your citizens were all tricked into believing this nonsense. People choose to join the army. They get paid. No one buys and sells them. Silly comparison. Slavery is wrong. Anyone forcing someone to be a slave should receive the death penalty.

Jesus came to preach and teach Israel. The demons asked jesus if he came to torture them before their appointed time. So in a kind of loop hole Jesus told them they could posses a religiously unclean animal instead of the People!

Jesus could have just destroyed the demons!

Are you opposed to relieving human suffering if it harms animals?

No.

I think you are a hypocrite.

The animals suffering was not neccessary in this case. Jesus could have just destroyed the demons.

Yeah some people need to be shown stuff to get the point. have you ever seen a demonstration of an analogy?

It's a great example of someone making up a false claim about what Jesus did decades after his death to make him sound god like.

As you should be.

According to the bible I should be condemned to eternal torment in hell.

What was nonsensically contradictory about that?

Jesus supposedly told people to love their fellow humans but in this verse tells people to hate family members.

I'm sure his disciples thought he might be a plain human, well until he did those miracles in front of them.

Did you witness these miracles? No.
user13579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 8:06:25 AM
Fairy tales about miracles aren't miracles. They're fairy tales.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 9:52:38 AM
Chloe, while I agree that the character of Jesus is not a good moral inspiration for modern man, I think he's being unfairly criticised in the reddit article you quoted.

The world in which Jesus' ministry was attested was not a modern democracy, had no notion of human rights, but had strong traditions that the rule of law had to be anchored by autocrats, and that effective autocrats ruled with an iron fist.

Virtually all successful autocrats from that era lived much like modern dictators do now: as malignant, amoral narcissists. Given the day, one would expect someone claiming lordly status to behave imperiously. Some may have admired it, as fewer do today.

It should also be remembered that ancient Jews were (for the most part) highly xenophobic, and disdainful of any other faith, especially pagans -- which was virtually the rest of the world, except Zoroastrians. It was only a rare segment of Jewry who wanted to treat even the most civilised outsiders they met as equals.

So as a model for modern human behaviour, he's not someone I'd commend. He's not only very much a character of his day, but our morality has improved in nearly all measures of human welfare since then, and he fails key moral sensitivities we'd expect of a kind, just, well-ordered person today.

But as a man of his time, I don't think he was especially cruel or proud, and I don't think his behaviour would have stood out to the early Christian authors and theologians who curated the Gospels, or indeed to many of the people who succeeded them in the centuries that followed.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:06:43 PM
At 5/7/2016 8:06:25 AM, user13579 wrote:
Fairy tales about miracles aren't miracles. They're fairy tales.

Like whales coming from hyenas...

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:15:07 PM
At 5/7/2016 3:13:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
Oooooooh scary.

I don't know whether or not you've noticed but what frightens you has absolutely no effect on me.
The basis of your religion is FEAR, stick with it, it's amusing to see you and all your mates quaking.

I have no need for fear. Of the 2 of us, I am the only one with no need to be. Once you hit the nursing home, then what? Continually ram your head against the wall refusing Christ, hoping Spaghetti monster, a walking whale, or Richard Dawkins comes for comfort?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:22:24 PM
At 5/7/2016 12:15:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Oooooooh scary.

I have no need for fear. Of the 2 of us, I am the only one with no need to be. Once you hit the nursing home, then what? Continually ram your head against the wall refusing Christ, hoping Spaghetti monster, a walking whale, or Richard Dawkins comes for comfort?
Ha Ha Ha you are such a frightened little sphincter. LMFAO
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:31:48 PM
At 5/7/2016 12:22:24 PM, bulproof wrote:
Oooooooh scary.

Not really. I actually am described as having a lack of emotion. My mind thinks in variables. You have chosen to ignore or do not understand those variables. How do I know this? You have no rebuttle to anything.

This shows there is no substance or depth to your viewpoint. You are like the blind faither who sits in church never reading the Bible, never looks anything up, just lets the preacher do their thinking for you. Your preachers are other atheists. They say what you want to hear, and soothe those itching ears, thus you continue blind faith in hyenas becoming whlaes, ignore the Cambrian explosion, ignore the fossil record which doesn't support darwinian evolution(and darwinists have had to drop), ignored the fermi paradox, ignored the Kalam, and ignored prophecy. Why? You need God to not exist. So what is your why bull? Do you have a dark little secret and need God's eye to not exist to keep it together? What is it bull? What's the secret that you don't want coming out in the wash?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:11:29 PM
At 5/7/2016 12:31:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Oooooooh scary.

Not really. I actually am described as having a lack of emotion. My mind thinks in variables. You have chosen to ignore or do not understand those variables. How do I know this? You have no rebuttle to anything.
Your posts and especially the threads you start prove beyond doubt that thinking is not even a part of your existence.
This shows there is no substance or depth to your viewpoint.
You supply nothing of merit to respond to.
You are like the blind faither who sits in church never reading the Bible, never looks anything up, just lets the preacher do their thinking for you.
Just so you know. The preachers exist on your side, I don't sit in church.
Your preachers are other atheists.
I've never spoken to another atheist, can you introduce me to one? LMFAO.
They say what you want to hear, and soothe those itching ears, thus you continue blind faith in hyenas becoming whlaes, ignore the Cambrian explosion, ignore the fossil record which doesn't support darwinian evolution(and darwinists have had to drop), ignored the fermi paradox, ignored the Kalam, and ignored prophecy. Why?
Beacause you are obviously talking through your arse as I demonstrated above.
You need God to not exist.
Gods don't exist, I need nothing, it's you who needs gods to pacify your morbid fear of death. LOL
So what is your why bull?
Have you ever learned the English language? Give it a go.
Do you have a dark little secret and need God's eye to not exist to keep it together?
Have you read the above and every other reply I've made to you?
Gods don't exist, they are the pacifying influence needed by the morbidly afraid, YOU.
What is it bull? What's the secret that you don't want coming out in the wash?
Can you read?
Ask mummy to read it for you, and explain it to you. LMFAO
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:18:48 PM
At 5/7/2016 1:11:29 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/7/2016 12:31:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Oooooooh scary.

Your posts and especially the threads you start prove beyond doubt that thinking is not even a part of your existence.
This shows there is no substance or depth to your viewpoint.
You supply nothing of merit to respond to.
You are like the blind faither who sits in church never reading the Bible, never looks anything up, just lets the preacher do their thinking for you.
Just so you know. The preachers exist on your side, I don't sit in church.
Your preachers are other atheists.
I've never spoken to another atheist, can you introduce me to one? LMFAO.
They say what you want to hear, and soothe those itching ears, thus you continue blind faith in hyenas becoming whlaes, ignore the Cambrian explosion, ignore the fossil record which doesn't support darwinian evolution(and darwinists have had to drop), ignored the fermi paradox, ignored the Kalam, and ignored prophecy. Why?
Beacause you are obviously talking through your arse as I demonstrated above.
You need God to not exist.
Gods don't exist, I need nothing, it's you who needs gods to pacify your morbid fear of death. LOL
So what is your why bull?
Have you ever learned the English language? Give it a go.
Do you have a dark little secret and need God's eye to not exist to keep it together?
Have you read the above and every other reply I've made to you?
Gods don't exist, they are the pacifying influence needed by the morbidly afraid, YOU.
What is it bull? What's the secret that you don't want coming out in the wash?
Can you read?
Ask mummy to read it for you, and explain it to you. LMFAO

We have already proven God exists. You refuse to look out of fear of what you will see. I have presented you proof after proof. You will not look. It's as if you think you'd be looking into the sun. This has nothing to do with proof. This is a matter of the heart. You have closed that door, perhaps to hide something?