Jump to topic:

My religion should be immune from criticism

Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 4:05:34 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I live in a world where magazines, journals, and cartoons constantly bash my faith. They make us look like barbarians and mindless violent goons. This is wrong. My faith is important to me, so nobody should be able to criticize it, its believers, or their actions.

I think that doing so is a human rights violation. Criticizing and bashing my faith and its adherents is a violation of my freedom to make up my own opinions because it is a form of intimidation.

This type of criticism also makes people of my faith looked down upon. I'm being persecuted! Help! Help! Help! I'm stuck in a complex! There's a microchip that I just can't remove! Cameras everywhere! Help!
:) nac
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 4:41:50 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/7/2016 4:05:34 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
I live in a world where magazines, journals, and cartoons constantly bash my faith. They make us look like barbarians and mindless violent goons. This is wrong. My faith is important to me, so nobody should be able to criticize it, its believers, or their actions.

I think that doing so is a human rights violation. Criticizing and bashing my faith and its adherents is a violation of my freedom to make up my own opinions because it is a form of intimidation.

This type of criticism also makes people of my faith looked down upon. I'm being persecuted! Help! Help! Help! I'm stuck in a complex! There's a microchip that I just can't remove! Cameras everywhere! Help!

I hope you're joking. Otherwise, you might as well advocate restricting thoughts.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten