Jump to topic:

RuvDubra has multiple accounts

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 7:43:47 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
What became of the thread, started by Brontoraptor, in which he claimed that RuvDubra was the same person as oo.00?

It no longer seems to exist.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 8:12:26 AM
At 5/7/2016 7:43:47 AM, desmac wrote:
What became of the thread, started by Brontoraptor, in which he claimed that RuvDubra was the same person as oo.00?
In breaking news:

Off-Topic Religion Thread Missing: Police Baffled
Members of DDO's unruly Religion forum were shocked today when a silly, pointless, rude, off-topic, disruptive thread suddenly and unaccountably disappeared.

"I never knew how to pronounce that account-name anyway", said subject of the missing thread, Australian intellectual and ageing pedant Ruv Draba, speaking of the 'troll' thread in which it was alleged he had an illegal second account, that of eccentric member oo.OO

"Is it pronounced "Double Surprised Eyes" or "Stepped On, Fat-Butt Caterpillar?", wondered Draba, who denied he owned second account.

Conjecturing that a moderator might have been active, newer members were ridiculed by more experienced members, who insisted that interstellar tachyons had corrupted disk storage in what astronomers say is a one in septillion event.

Today being a day with a 'y' in its name, elusive DDO moderators were unavailable for comment.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 8:40:34 AM
At 5/7/2016 8:12:26 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
In breaking news:

Members of DDO's unruly Religion forum were shocked today when a silly, pointless, rude, off-topic, disruptive thread suddenly and unaccountably disappeared.

"I never knew how to pronounce that account-name anyway", said subject of the missing thread, Australian intellectual and ageing pedant Ruv Draba, speaking of the 'troll' thread in which it was alleged he had an illegal second account, that of eccentric member oo.OO

"Is it pronounced "Double Surprised Eyes" or "Stepped On, Fat-Butt Caterpillar?", wondered Draba, who denied he owned second account.

Conjecturing that a moderator might have been active, newer members were ridiculed by more experienced members, who insisted that interstellar tachyons had corrupted disk storage in what astronomers say is a one in septillion event.

Today being a day with a 'y' in its name, elusive DDO moderators were unavailable for comment.

haha this made me laugh more than it probably should have, especially since the end was at my expense.

In any case, the answers should be pretty obvious, which you seemed to allude to.

Threads attacking or accusing other members aren't appropriate and will be deleted once I am aware of them... at least half a dozen of these sorts of threads were deleted today, and the offending members have been warned about this type of conduct.... I hope to be able to focus a bit more on this (and other types of conduct violations) in the coming weeks to reign in some of the negative types of things we have seen lately, and hopefully I can come up with a more long-term plan.

As far as I can tell, RuvDraba doesn't have any other accounts, and oo.00 was a former banned member (who pops back up regularly) named "Bornofgod" (this can be confirmed by looking through his posts).
Debate.org Moderator
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 9:22:54 AM
At 5/7/2016 8:40:34 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
In breaking news:

haha this made me laugh more than it probably should have, especially since the end was at my expense.
Thank you Airmax! It was meant to be good-natured and I didn't spare myself either.

As far as I can tell, RuvDraba doesn't have any other accounts, and oo.00 was a former banned member (who pops back up regularly) named "Bornofgod" (this can be confirmed by looking through his posts).
As far as I can tell, I don't have any other accounts either. As I pointed out in the thread you kindly deleted, a pedantic science-geek interested in history and human thought, who only posts in Religion and Science, with Australian spelling to boot, wouldn't fool anyone for long.

I remembered that the short-lived account "Stepped, On, Fat-Butt Caterpillar" was a bit eccentric, but forgot it was Brad. :) No wonder members were laughing at the allegation. XD
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 10:06:26 AM
At 5/7/2016 8:40:34 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
In breaking news:

In any case, the answers should be pretty obvious, which you seemed to allude to.

Threads attacking or accusing other members aren't appropriate and will be deleted once I am aware of them... at least half a dozen of these sorts of threads were deleted today, and the offending members have been warned about this type of conduct.... I hope to be able to focus a bit more on this (and other types of conduct violations) in the coming weeks to reign in some of the negative types of things we have seen lately, and hopefully I can come up with a more long-term plan.

Many thanks for both answering my enquiry, and for taking the actions which you did.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 12:25:34 PM
nO PROOF
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka