Total Posts:114|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you believe in holy water ?

Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 1:36:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
It's normal water that a "priest" touches. Big deal. Like church itself. A church is just like any other building except a there are a couple of sticks on top somewhere.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:11:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

Deb-8-A-Bull It's very simple!
All people are born with linage back to Adam our first father! BUT...
But Adam is corrupted.... THUS.. All of his children, grand children etc.. are corrupted.. THINK..
You can't make perfection from faulty or corrupted material! All of us "You included" are born corrupted, all of us "You included" live in a corrupted world! When...

When God does something he does it perfectly, because he is perfect! He created the heavens and earth perfect (Uncorrupted)! Adam not only corrupted US his children, he also corrupted the perfect creation! THINK AGAIN..

Deb-8-A-Bull You must be Re-FORMED, formed anew, you must be made uncorrupted to become one of God' children!!!!!

You must be renewed to be added to the Holy Body of Jesus, God' one and only child!! IF..
If you are ADDED to the body of Jesus then you also become an adopted child of God!
Canuck
Posts: 164
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:22:11 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:11:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

Deb-8-A-Bull It's very simple!
All people are born with linage back to Adam our first father! BUT...
But Adam is corrupted.... THUS.. All of his children, grand children etc.. are corrupted.. THINK..
You can't make perfection from faulty or corrupted material! All of us "You included" are born corrupted, all of us "You included" live in a corrupted world! When...

When God does something he does it perfectly, because he is perfect! He created the heavens and earth perfect (Uncorrupted)! Adam not only corrupted US his children, he also corrupted the perfect creation! THINK AGAIN..

Deb-8-A-Bull You must be Re-FORMED, formed anew, you must be made uncorrupted to become one of God' children!!!!!

You must be renewed to be added to the Holy Body of Jesus, God' one and only child!! IF..
If you are ADDED to the body of Jesus then you also become an adopted child of God!

You just admitted god created corrupt humans. How is that a perfect creation?
And why should we pay for the sins of our ancestors. That seems like god really holds a grudge.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:28:06 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

CONTINUED FROM POST #4..
Deb-8-A-Bull Being ADDED to the body of Jesus makes you a Child of God! THINK..
The people of Moses washed away the slavery of Egypt when they crossed the Red Sea.. Pharaohs army was washed away, the People of Moses were set free by the waters!
They become a "People of God" after the Red Sea!

Deb-8-A-Bull The Great Commission.. Jesus instructed the Apostles to make disciples by baptizing!!
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

DID YOU SEE IT? Disciples are made by baptism... Go and Baptize all nations make disciples!

Deb-8-A-Bull Disciples are God' children!
Jesus is the BROTHER of disciples! look..
49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.

THINK: If Jesus is your brother then God would be your father!!
Baptism re-forms you, it washes away the sin, the corruption of Adam, your first father!
Deb-8-A-Bull Baptism gives you new birth!
5 Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:28:20 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:11:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

Deb-8-A-Bull It's very simple!
All people are born with linage back to Adam our first father! BUT...
But Adam is corrupted.... THUS.. All of his children, grand children etc.. are corrupted.. THINK..
You can't make perfection from faulty or corrupted material! All of us "You included" are born corrupted, all of us "You included" live in a corrupted world! When...

When God does something he does it perfectly, because he is perfect! He created the heavens and earth perfect (Uncorrupted)! Adam not only corrupted US his children, he also corrupted the perfect creation! THINK AGAIN..

Deb-8-A-Bull You must be Re-FORMED, formed anew, you must be made uncorrupted to become one of God' children!!!!!

You must be renewed to be added to the Holy Body of Jesus, God' one and only child!! IF..
If you are ADDED to the body of Jesus then you also become an adopted child of God!

Thank you for the explaining that simply.
And word for word this is what you believe.?
See I must be a absolute fool for I could never begin to believe something like that. You must be strong minded for being able to believe , let's say different .
I could not even start to trick myself to think this is how it is.
I try I do. And i think that maybe if I can hit my head real hard with a hammer to think differently. maybe I to can have a god. This can be the only way .
I sometimes envy people that can allow absolute nonsense to feed the way they think. Thanks
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:32:49 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:22:11 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:11:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

Deb-8-A-Bull It's very simple!
All people are born with linage back to Adam our first father! BUT...
But Adam is corrupted.... THUS.. All of his children, grand children etc.. are corrupted.. THINK..
You can't make perfection from faulty or corrupted material! All of us "You included" are born corrupted, all of us "You included" live in a corrupted world! When...

When God does something he does it perfectly, because he is perfect! He created the heavens and earth perfect (Uncorrupted)! Adam not only corrupted US his children, he also corrupted the perfect creation! THINK AGAIN..

Deb-8-A-Bull You must be Re-FORMED, formed anew, you must be made uncorrupted to become one of God' children!!!!!

You must be renewed to be added to the Holy Body of Jesus, God' one and only child!! IF..
If you are ADDED to the body of Jesus then you also become an adopted child of God!

You just admitted god created corrupt humans. How is that a perfect creation?
And why should we pay for the sins of our ancestors. That seems like god really holds a grudge.

Canuck Whack-ohhhh
NO!!!
Adam was formed perfect!!! He sinned so Adam introduced corruption into the world!!! The corruption needed to be corrected thus Jesus the second Adam.. The second perfect man restored perfection to man!!!!

Romans 5:12
[ Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ ] Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned"

Romans 5:14
Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.
15 There is no comparison between God"s gift and Adam"s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person"s failure, it is certainly true that God"s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:41:53 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:32:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:22:11 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:11:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

Deb-8-A-Bull It's very simple!
All people are born with linage back to Adam our first father! BUT...
But Adam is corrupted.... THUS.. All of his children, grand children etc.. are corrupted.. THINK..
You can't make perfection from faulty or corrupted material! All of us "You included" are born corrupted, all of us "You included" live in a corrupted world! When...

When God does something he does it perfectly, because he is perfect! He created the heavens and earth perfect (Uncorrupted)! Adam not only corrupted US his children, he also corrupted the perfect creation! THINK AGAIN..

Deb-8-A-Bull You must be Re-FORMED, formed anew, you must be made uncorrupted to become one of God' children!!!!!

You must be renewed to be added to the Holy Body of Jesus, God' one and only child!! IF..
If you are ADDED to the body of Jesus then you also become an adopted child of God!

You just admitted god created corrupt humans. How is that a perfect creation?
And why should we pay for the sins of our ancestors. That seems like god really holds a grudge.

Canuck Whack-ohhhh
NO!!!
Adam was formed perfect!!! He sinned so Adam introduced corruption into the world!!! The corruption needed to be corrected thus Jesus the second Adam.. The second perfect man restored perfection to man!!!!

Romans 5:12
[ Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ ] Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned"

Romans 5:14
Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.
15 There is no comparison between God"s gift and Adam"s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person"s failure, it is certainly true that God"s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.

God created man in his own image. Since man is capable of sin, that means God himself is capable of sin. Once God realized that, he had to kill himself to save people from himself. Yeah, that story makes a whole lot of sense to me now.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Canuck
Posts: 164
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:41:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:32:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:22:11 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:11:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

Deb-8-A-Bull It's very simple!
All people are born with linage back to Adam our first father! BUT...
But Adam is corrupted.... THUS.. All of his children, grand children etc.. are corrupted.. THINK..
You can't make perfection from faulty or corrupted material! All of us "You included" are born corrupted, all of us "You included" live in a corrupted world! When...

When God does something he does it perfectly, because he is perfect! He created the heavens and earth perfect (Uncorrupted)! Adam not only corrupted US his children, he also corrupted the perfect creation! THINK AGAIN..

Deb-8-A-Bull You must be Re-FORMED, formed anew, you must be made uncorrupted to become one of God' children!!!!!

You must be renewed to be added to the Holy Body of Jesus, God' one and only child!! IF..
If you are ADDED to the body of Jesus then you also become an adopted child of God!

You just admitted god created corrupt humans. How is that a perfect creation?
And why should we pay for the sins of our ancestors. That seems like god really holds a grudge.

Canuck Whack-ohhhh
NO!!!
Adam was formed perfect!!! He sinned so Adam introduced corruption into the world!!! The corruption needed to be corrected thus Jesus the second Adam.. The second perfect man restored perfection to man!!!!

Romans 5:12
[ Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ ] Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned"

Romans 5:14
Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.
15 There is no comparison between God"s gift and Adam"s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person"s failure, it is certainly true that God"s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.

But if the corruption ended with Jesus, why are people today held accountable for the sins of Adam.
And if god is all-knowing, wouldn't he have known Adam would disobey?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:43:01 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:28:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

CONTINUED FROM POST #4..
Deb-8-A-Bull Being ADDED to the body of Jesus makes you a Child of God! THINK..
The people of Moses washed away the slavery of Egypt when they crossed the Red Sea.. Pharaohs army was washed away, the People of Moses were set free by the waters!
They become a "People of God" after the Red Sea!

Deb-8-A-Bull The Great Commission.. Jesus instructed the Apostles to make disciples by baptizing!!
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

DID YOU SEE IT? Disciples are made by baptism... Go and Baptize all nations make disciples!

Deb-8-A-Bull Disciples are God' children!
Jesus is the BROTHER of disciples! look..
49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.

THINK: If Jesus is your brother then God would be your father!!
Baptism re-forms you, it washes away the sin, the corruption of Adam, your first father!
Deb-8-A-Bull Baptism gives you new birth!
5 Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit.

Just small things like Baptism reforms you it washes away the sin.
This to me is physically impossible to know. It's almost like you have a book or something to get these ideas from.
Every time I think about or talk god stuff. I become more agnostic.day by day
I have not 1 thing to combat what you say.
I swear one day religious people will tell the non-believers that they where playing a joke on us.
And they to never believed in god.
You have to be playing a joke on us. Please tell us soon
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:45:53 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:28:20 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:


Thank you for the explaining that simply.
And word for word this is what you believe.?
See I must be a absolute fool for I could never begin to believe something like that. You must be strong minded for being able to believe , let's say different .
I could not even start to trick myself to think this is how it is.
I try I do. And i think that maybe if I can hit my head real hard with a hammer to think differently. maybe I to can have a god. This can be the only way .
I sometimes envy people that can allow absolute nonsense to feed the way they think. Thanks

Deb-8-A-Bull God loves.. He proved his love by dying in your place!!! THINK...
You can't die more then one time.. You can't even kill a stinking no good for nut'in dog twice!!! Each person is allotted one death and ONLY one!!!

Deb-8-A-Bull Jesus has been there and done that!!! He can not die a second time!!!
Jesus POPPED UP out of the grave as a cork would rise up in a pool of water! Jesus was without sin, he could not stay dead! SURE...
Sure he was killed (on a cross) for all to see!! Jesus died, all saw him die!!! BUT..
But he could not stay dead, because he was sinless!

LOOK..
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Again "Jesus was sinless" he did not stay dead!.... For the wages of sin is death!!!!

IF....
If you have been ADDED to the body of Jesus then you also will never die!! Jesus has been there and done that NEVER EVER to die again!!! GET...
Deb-8-A-Bull Get yourself united to Jesus.. Be ADDED to the Body of the risen Jesus!

40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

They were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
Deb-8-A-Bull ADDED to the risen Body of Jesus by BAPTISM!!
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:51:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:41:53 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:32:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:

15 There is no comparison between God"s gift and Adam"s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person"s failure, it is certainly true that God"s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.

God created man in his own image. Since man is capable of sin, that means God himself is capable of sin. Once God realized that, he had to kill himself to save people from himself. Yeah, that story makes a whole lot of sense to me now.

user13579 WRONG!!

God is LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man can love or HATE!!! We have free will, we CHOOSE to love or hate!!!
The corruption came from man.. Adam made a free will choice.. HE ALONE decided not to love!!
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

ONLY..
Only those who love are allowed into heaven!! Adam was removed because he lacked love!!

user13579 Jesus loves so much he died for US.. He died for you because he loves you!!
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:55:06 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:41:56 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:32:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:22:11 PM, Canuck wrote:
gift and Adam"s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person"s failure, it is certainly true that God"s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.

But if the corruption ended with Jesus, why are people today held accountable for the sins of Adam.
And if god is all-knowing, wouldn't he have known Adam would disobey?

Canuck Where do you live... Canada?!!
Good question.. Yes God is all knowing!!

Oh happy sin... Because Adam sinned we have come into being!
God turned around the evil turned it into something good! Adams sin removed him from Paradise thus opening the way for us.. (Us who love) to go to heaven!
Canuck
Posts: 164
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:00:10 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:55:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:41:56 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:32:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:22:11 PM, Canuck wrote:
gift and Adam"s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person"s failure, it is certainly true that God"s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.

But if the corruption ended with Jesus, why are people today held accountable for the sins of Adam.
And if god is all-knowing, wouldn't he have known Adam would disobey?

Canuck Where do you live... Canada?!!
Good question.. Yes God is all knowing!!

Oh happy sin... Because Adam sinned we have come into being!
God turned around the evil turned it into something good! Adams sin removed him from Paradise thus opening the way for us.. (Us who love) to go to heaven!

Yes - I live in B.C., Canada.
So we should be thankful Adam sinned. Kind of makes me wonder why other sins are also not good.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:05:52 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:43:01 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:28:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
, "Here are my mother and my brothers.

THINK: If Jesus is your brother then God would be your father!!
Baptism re-forms you, it washes away the sin, the corruption of Adam, your first father!
Deb-8-A-Bull Baptism gives you new birth!
5 Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit.

Just small things like Baptism reforms you it washes away the sin.
This to me is physically impossible to know. It's almost like you have a book or something to get these ideas from.
Every time I think about or talk god stuff. I become more agnostic.day by day
I have not 1 thing to combat what you say.
I swear one day religious people will tell the non-believers that they where playing a joke on us.
And they to never believed in god.
You have to be playing a joke on us. Please tell us soon

Deb-8-A-Bull It takes FAITH!!!
God can do all things. Of course he does not need water!!!

The water is for us.. It is as the Circumcision was for the Jews in the Old Testament!!
The baby Jew was circumcised on the eightieth day! If the child was not circumcised he was NOT a member of the Jewish people!
Romans 4:11
And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

1 Peter 3:20
to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also"not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Romans 6:3
Or don"t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Galatians 3:27
for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:12:10 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 3:00:10 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:55:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:41:56 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:32:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:22:11 PM, Canuck wrote:
gift and Adam"s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person"s failure, it is certainly true that God"s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.

But if the corruption ended with Jesus, why are people today held accountable for the sins of Adam.
And if god is all-knowing, wouldn't he have known Adam would disobey?

Canuck Where do you live... Canada?!!
Good question.. Yes God is all knowing!!

Oh happy sin... Because Adam sinned we have come into being!
God turned around the evil turned it into something good! Adams sin removed him from Paradise thus opening the way for us.. (Us who love) to go to heaven!

Yes - I live in B.C., Canada.
So we should be thankful Adam sinned. Kind of makes me wonder why other sins are also not good.

Canuck I live in Lethbridge!
Sin separates us from God!!!

The sin of Adam corrupted creation.. We now live in a corrupted creation.. God will make all new!!!

We are born into a corrupted creation.. Being added to the holy Body of Jesus by baptism does NOT mean we do not have to live in the corrupted creation!!

You can't say to God.... "It's tough down here, hard to live.. How do you know what it is like, have you had to live as us"!? Jesus has been here and that that!!!

Jesus KNOWS what we face daily we are tempted and we all sin!!!! Thus humbled we turn to our judge; Jesus asking him for mercy!
missmedic
Posts: 384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:19:27 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:11:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

Deb-8-A-Bull It's very simple!
All people are born with linage back to Adam our first father! BUT...
But Adam is corrupted.... THUS.. All of his children, grand children etc.. are corrupted.. THINK..
You can't make perfection from faulty or corrupted material! All of us "You included" are born corrupted, all of us "You included" live in a corrupted world! When...

When God does something he does it perfectly, because he is perfect! He created the heavens and earth perfect (Uncorrupted)! Adam not only corrupted US his children, he also corrupted the perfect creation! THINK AGAIN..

Deb-8-A-Bull You must be Re-FORMED, formed anew, you must be made uncorrupted to become one of God' children!!!!!

You must be renewed to be added to the Holy Body of Jesus, God' one and only child!! IF..
If you are ADDED to the body of Jesus then you also become an adopted child of God!

So this just god of yours punishes the children for the crimes of the parents, this seems immoral to me..........................
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:22:20 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:41:53 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:32:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Canuck Whack-ohhhh
NO!!!
Adam was formed perfect!!! He sinned so Adam introduced corruption into the world!!! The corruption needed to be corrected thus Jesus the second Adam.. The second perfect man restored perfection to man!!!!

Romans 5:12
[ Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ ] Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned"

Romans 5:14
Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.
15 There is no comparison between God"s gift and Adam"s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person"s failure, it is certainly true that God"s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.

God created man in his own image. Since man is capable of sin, that means God himself is capable of sin. Once God realized that, he had to kill himself to save people from himself. Yeah, that story makes a whole lot of sense to me now.

user13579 You jump to conclusions! Your logic is not sound!
God cannot sin.. God is perfect!!!

If God did in fact sin.. He would not be perfect he would not be God!

Jesus suffered and died for "YOU"! All because he LOVES YOU!!!
He did not need to die for himself he has eternal life, it was an act of PERFECT LOVE!!

Jesus gave his ALL.. his body, his souls and his divinity he let go of himself COMPLETELY TOTALLY in PERFECT LOVE!

user13579 you CANNOT love if you do not give of your self!! To work for someone is expecting a wage!!
To love is to do "Good Works" GIVING of your self as a GIFT!!!

Jesus gave us himself completely.. We even eat his flesh and drink his blood we are UNITED with Jesus in the eating and drinking, we are IN Communion with him in the Eucharist!
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:25:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 3:19:27 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:11:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

Deb-8-A-Bull It's very simple!
All people are born with linage back to Adam our first father! BUT...
But Adam is corrupted.... THUS.. All of his children, grand children etc.. are corrupted.. THINK..
You can't make perfection from faulty or corrupted material! All of us "You included" are born corrupted, all of us "You included" live in a corrupted world! When...

When God does something he does it perfectly, because he is perfect! He created the heavens and earth perfect (Uncorrupted)! Adam not only corrupted US his children, he also corrupted the perfect creation! THINK AGAIN..

Deb-8-A-Bull You must be Re-FORMED, formed anew, you must be made uncorrupted to become one of God' children!!!!!

You must be renewed to be added to the Holy Body of Jesus, God' one and only child!! IF..
If you are ADDED to the body of Jesus then you also become an adopted child of God!

So this just god of yours punishes the children for the crimes of the parents, this seems immoral to me..........................

missmedic YES it would be .. With your logic!!!
God is NOT immoral!!

There is only LOVE found in heaven!!! God is love!

All who decide NOT to love have decided themselves.. It is called "Free Will"!
All who CHOOSE not to love will never enter heaven! Nothing about God....
It is mans choice!!!
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:28:10 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
A. The Bible says that God created Socrates in his own image.
B. Socrates sinned.
C. God is able to sin.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
missmedic
Posts: 384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:44:40 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 3:25:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:19:27 PM, missmedic wrote:

So this just god of yours punishes the children for the crimes of the parents, this seems immoral to me..........................

missmedic YES it would be .. With your logic!!!
God is NOT immoral!!

There is only LOVE found in heaven!!! God is love!

All who decide NOT to love have decided themselves.. It is called "Free Will"!
All who CHOOSE not to love will never enter heaven! Nothing about God....
It is mans choice!!!

Morality is about choice and responsibility for those choices, not scapegoating the next generation. And your god is immoral, you only have to look at the book of Leviticus;20.............
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 10:17:34 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Do you believe in holy water ?

Yes, if it means this water that Jesus offers:

...Jesus answered her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never thirst again; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

John 4:13-14
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 11:20:57 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 3:44:40 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:25:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:19:27 PM, missmedic wrote:

So this just god of yours punishes the children for the crimes of the parents, this seems immoral to me..........................

missmedic YES it would be .. With your logic!!!
God is NOT immoral!!

There is only LOVE found in heaven!!! God is love!

All who decide NOT to love have decided themselves.. It is called "Free Will"!
All who CHOOSE not to love will never enter heaven! Nothing about God....
It is mans choice!!!

Morality is about choice and responsibility for those choices, not scapegoating the next generation. And your god is immoral, you only have to look at the book of Leviticus;20.............

you only have to look at the book of Leviticus;20.............
missmedic You only need to look at Jesus dying on the cross; For you!!!
Perfect love is; "Giving of self for another!"
Jesus gave him self so perfectly that we even consume him completely!!!
He gave his Body, tortured, suffered, insulted, rejected!
He gave us his Soul, he died for us.. He is God immortal, he became part of his creation just so he could die!
He gave his Divinity, he became lower then the angels! All just for you!!!

It's your choice to live or to die in your sins, not God'!
Morality is about choice and responsibility for those choices.. You CHOOSE to love or not to love!
The Angels made a choice to NOT love so they were removed form heaven, became what we now know as demons! Adam made his choice.. "Not to love" so he was also removed from heaven.. it was Adams CHOICE!!!

THINK....God is perfect love.... He must give us free will or his love would not be perfect!!!! IF..
If God forced us to love; FORCED our love so we could NOT do wrong then we would not have true love, we would NOT be made in the likeness of God!

missmedic all those souls in hell will blame Jesus for their predicament, they will try all manner of ways to kill themselves but NOTHING will work!! At best all they will do is cause themselves more pain and anguish!! They will curse Jesus because he destroyed death..
missmedic death is no more!!!
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 11:30:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 11:20:57 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:44:40 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:25:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:19:27 PM, missmedic wrote:

So this just god of yours punishes the children for the crimes of the parents, this seems immoral to me..........................

missmedic YES it would be .. With your logic!!!
God is NOT immoral!!

There is only LOVE found in heaven!!! God is love!

All who decide NOT to love have decided themselves.. It is called "Free Will"!
All who CHOOSE not to love will never enter heaven! Nothing about God....
It is mans choice!!!

Morality is about choice and responsibility for those choices, not scapegoating the next generation. And your god is immoral, you only have to look at the book of Leviticus;20.............

you only have to look at the book of Leviticus;20.............
missmedic You only need to look at Jesus dying on the cross; For you!!!
Perfect love is; "Giving of self for another!"
Jesus gave him self so perfectly that we even consume him completely!!!
He gave his Body, tortured, suffered, insulted, rejected!
He gave us his Soul, he died for us.. He is God immortal, he became part of his creation just so he could die!
He gave his Divinity, he became lower then the angels! All just for you!!!

It's your choice to live or to die in your sins, not God'!
Morality is about choice and responsibility for those choices.. You CHOOSE to love or not to love!
The Angels made a choice to NOT love so they were removed form heaven, became what we now know as demons! Adam made his choice.. "Not to love" so he was also removed from heaven.. it was Adams CHOICE!!!

THINK....God is perfect love.... He must give us free will or his love would not be perfect!!!! IF..
If God forced us to love; FORCED our love so we could NOT do wrong then we would not have true love, we would NOT be made in the likeness of God!

missmedic all those souls in hell will blame Jesus for their predicament, they will try all manner of ways to kill themselves but NOTHING will work!! At best all they will do is cause themselves more pain and anguish!! They will curse Jesus because he destroyed death..
missmedic death is no more!!!

God is perfect.
God created Socrates in the image of God.
God gave Socrates free will.
Since God and Socrates have the same image then God has free will.
Since free will gives the ability to sin then God has the ability to sin.
Since God has the ability to sin then God is not perfect.
Since God is not perfect then God is not God.
Since God is not God then God does not exist.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 11:34:53 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 2:41:53 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:32:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:22:11 PM, Canuck wrote:

15 There is no comparison between God"s gift and Adam"s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person"s failure, it is certainly true that God"s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.

God created man in his own image. Since man is capable of sin, that means God himself is capable of sin. Once God realized that, he had to kill himself to save people from himself. Yeah, that story makes a whole lot of sense to me now.

that means God himself is capable of sin.

user13579 That means God is perfect love! God is perfect thus he had to give man "Free Choice" or God would not be perfect!
Adams free choice was to sin! God did nothing to force Adams decision!!

Adam was removed from Paradise because ONLY love is found in heaven!

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."


user13579 Adam was removed from the Garden he lost access to "The Tree Of Life" so Adam died! All die because we are OUTSIDE of Paradise and all are Adams children, born corrupted!!!

user13579 Baptism re-Forms Adams children it forms them into God' children by; "ADDING US to Jesus' holy Body!" All ADDED to the resurrected body never to die again body of Jesus, will live forever!! Jesus cannot die again.. Thus get yourself ADDED to Jesus' Holy Body!!

LOOK.. 40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Three thousand were added to the body of Jesus the first day of Pentecost!
Dogknox
Posts: 5,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 11:44:15 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 11:30:05 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/7/2016 11:20:57 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:44:40 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:25:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:19:27 PM, missmedic wrote:

So this just god of yours punishes the children for the crimes of the parents, this seems immoral to me..........................

missmedic YES it would be .. With your logic!!!
God is NOT immoral!!

There is only LOVE found in heaven!!! God is love!

All who decide NOT to love have decided themselves.. It is called "Free Will"!
All who CHOOSE not to love will never enter heaven! Nothing about God....
It is mans choice!!!

Morality is about choice and responsibility for those choices, not scapegoating the next generation. And your god is immoral, you only have to look at the book of Leviticus;20.............

you only have to look at the book of Leviticus;20.............
missmedic You only need to look at Jesus dying on the cross; For you!!!
Perfect love is; "Giving of self for another!"
Jesus gave him self so perfectly that we even consume him completely!!!
He gave his Body, tortured, suffered, insulted, rejected!
He gave us his Soul, he died for us.. He is God immortal, he became part of his creation just so he could die!
He gave his Divinity, he became lower then the angels! All just for you!!!

It's your choice to live or to die in your sins, not God'!
Morality is about choice and responsibility for those choices.. You CHOOSE to love or not to love!
The Angels made a choice to NOT love so they were removed form heaven, became what we now know as demons! Adam made his choice.. "Not to love" so he was also removed from heaven.. it was Adams CHOICE!!!

THINK....God is perfect love.... He must give us free will or his love would not be perfect!!!! IF..
If God forced us to love; FORCED our love so we could NOT do wrong then we would not have true love, we would NOT be made in the likeness of God!

missmedic all those souls in hell will blame Jesus for their predicament, they will try all manner of ways to kill themselves but NOTHING will work!! At best all they will do is cause themselves more pain and anguish!! They will curse Jesus because he destroyed death..
missmedic death is no more!!!

God is perfect.
God created Socrates in the image of God.
God gave Socrates free will.
Since God and Socrates have the same image then God has free will.
Since free will gives the ability to sin then God has the ability to sin.
Since God has the ability to sin then God is not perfect.
Since God is not perfect then God is not God.
Since God is not God then God does not exist.

You jump to erroneous conclusion!!
YES God has free will he CHOOSES not to sin!!
God cannot sin he is PERFECT LOVE!!!
Jesus as MAN was tempted... He made his choice!!! (below)

Matthew 4:1
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."
etc etc

Adam the first man also made his Choice.. Adam was formed PERFECTLY with free choice! Because the Perfect Adam sinned he wrecked the perfect creation of God!
Man was stuck between a rock and a hard spot.
Man needed a second Adam to be born to Choose NOT to sin.. BUT..
user13579 but no man could be born uncorrupted (with out sin)!! All are born Adams corrupted children! We were in a sorry spot.. Until...

Until Jesus the son of God was born.. NOT the son of Adam!! Jesus was born uncorrupted!
missmedic
Posts: 384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 1:29:29 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 11:20:57 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:44:40 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:25:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:19:27 PM, missmedic wrote:

So this just god of yours punishes the children for the crimes of the parents, this seems immoral to me..........................

missmedic YES it would be .. With your logic!!!
God is NOT immoral!!

There is only LOVE found in heaven!!! God is love!

All who decide NOT to love have decided themselves.. It is called "Free Will"!
All who CHOOSE not to love will never enter heaven! Nothing about God....
It is mans choice!!!

Morality is about choice and responsibility for those choices, not scapegoating the next generation. And your god is immoral, you only have to look at the book of Leviticus;20.............

you only have to look at the book of Leviticus;20.............
missmedic You only need to look at Jesus dying on the cross; For you!!!
Perfect love is; "Giving of self for another!"
Jesus gave him self so perfectly that we even consume him completely!!!
He gave his Body, tortured, suffered, insulted, rejected!
He gave us his Soul, he died for us.. He is God immortal, he became part of his creation just so he could die!
He gave his Divinity, he became lower then the angels! All just for you!!!

So many contradictions, god died for me when he could have just forgave me, without dying for the sin he gave me. If god can die is he a real god? If he is a real god , an eternal being then three days off is not much of a death payment. God could have just made me reasonable for my own wrong doings, instead of scapegoating his own son (kind of like a clone of himself), a demy god of sorts, but this version can be killed (at least for three days)...............

It's your choice to live or to die in your sins, not God'!
Morality is about choice and responsibility for those choices.. You CHOOSE to love or not to love!
The Angels made a choice to NOT love so they were removed form heaven, became what we now know as demons! Adam made his choice.. "Not to love" so he was also removed from heaven.. it was Adams CHOICE!!!

THINK....God is perfect love.... He must give us free will or his love would not be perfect!!!! IF..
If God forced us to love; FORCED our love so we could NOT do wrong then we would not have true love, we would NOT be made in the likeness of God!

missmedic all those souls in hell will blame Jesus for their predicament, they will try all manner of ways to kill themselves but NOTHING will work!! At best all they will do is cause themselves more pain and anguish!! They will curse Jesus because he destroyed death..
missmedic death is no more!!!

Sorry but that sounds like superstitious nonsense, souls, hell, believe or else. Between ignorance and knowledge you have the uncertainties about the world, and the best way to handle uncertainties involves replacing believing with thinking. Knowledge, observation, rational thinking, curiosity, and skepticism trump beliefs every time.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 1:53:01 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?

No! it's a catholic thing mainly. And yes, that Dogknox is a Catholic, so please distinguish that if you wouldn't mind. Us Christians, well we don't use Holy water for much of anything.

When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

Uh no, we over here go to the local river or set up a mini pool lol. We don't do any weird hand gestures or hang crosses. And mostly people get baptized when they reach an age they want to (of course accept for the Catholics), at least I did.


This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

Baptism is an outward display of an inward confession.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

Yes Deb-8, more than likely spiritual aspects of life will confuse an atheist, it's not their world, not their understanding about reality. It's just perspective though don't shy away just yet.
However, it simple right? nothing I said weird right?
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:51:56 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/7/2016 1:34:19 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
The church explains it as normal water that's been blessed by a priest.
It's not so much a Christian thing is it ?
When Christians baptize their young ones or born again. They dip their fingers in it and do the cross gang hand gestures.
So they use it. Most of us have witnessed this hey ?

This priest blessed water is now holy water.
Is this water now different then what it originally was. ?
If it was analyzed / tested. Would it contain some new elements maybe, or would it be exact same as the other water that was not blessed. ?
I'll assume you religious types would say it's exactly the same as the non blessed water.
This seems like your taking the piss out of the non religious type.
Would being baptized in non holy chocolate milk. Have the same affect as holy water.
Christians ain't as hard core on baptism as the catholic , but they do believe new born child should be baptized.
So I don't have to read a bunch of useless crap.
Can you explain baptism to silly no god me.
I also ask you. Can you deep down inside you see that stuff like this is absolutely pointless.? And could possibly not change a single thing about you. I'm sure you can.

It's not like god told you to do this hey ?
Without even getting to or mentioning God. You are already doing not natural far from normal and very unusual things like this hey?
I'll stop now before I start on about your body of Christ flavored wafers.

ME: I know how they get holy water...They put some water in a pressure cooker and boil hell out of it.

Do they still use this font of water in the church with AIDS and other diseases prevalent in society?