Total Posts:135|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Satan's "children".

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.

Do you take them seriously enough to avoid deliberately lying in even the smallest ways?

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

But do people believe them, or I?

Well, think what Christ said in the next verse:

45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

Just because they, and I, tell you the truth does not mean we will believed.

Christ wasn't, why should we expect to be.

However, those who his father drew to his side, then and now, do believe him.

John 6:44, 45
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

The prophecy Jesus quotes there comes from Isaiah 54:13

13 And all your sons will be taught by Jehovah,
And the peace of your sons will be abundant.

And it applies every bit as much today, in this most special of all times, as it did then.

No, don;t expect to be believed, Satan is very good at influencing against Christ's true followers, even if they don't believe in him, in fact especially then.

After all, how can you protect yourself from a powerful spirit being you don't even believe in? As Christ and the Apostles taught Satan has this world well and truly in his pocket, as the evidence on TV every night proves beyond reasonable doubt.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 10:55:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.

Do you take them seriously enough to avoid deliberately lying in even the smallest ways?

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

But do people believe them, or I?

Well, think what Christ said in the next verse:

45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

Just because they, and I, tell you the truth does not mean we will believed.

Christ wasn't, why should we expect to be.

However, those who his father drew to his side, then and now, do believe him.

John 6:44, 45
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

The prophecy Jesus quotes there comes from Isaiah 54:13

13 And all your sons will be taught by Jehovah,
And the peace of your sons will be abundant.

And it applies every bit as much today, in this most special of all times, as it did then.

No, don;t expect to be believed, Satan is very good at influencing against Christ's true followers, even if they don't believe in him, in fact especially then.

After all, how can you protect yourself from a powerful spirit being you don't even believe in? As Christ and the Apostles taught Satan has this world well and truly in his pocket, as the evidence on TV every night proves beyond reasonable doubt.

1 - According to u "satan" is Allah himself. so we muslims worship satan the lair.

2 - u took verses from Gospel of "John", which was written after 90 years of Jesus;s death. chunks of chunks of it were stolen from the other gospels, written by anonymous ppl,

3 - your God name is "Jahova" but he didnt mention it in the NT not even a once.

4 - u r christian because u got brainwashed by your environment.

5 - u r a waste of time.
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Posts: 25,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 10:55:54 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.

Do you take them seriously enough to avoid deliberately lying in even the smallest ways?

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

But do people believe them, or I?

Well, think what Christ said in the next verse:

45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

Just because they, and I, tell you the truth does not mean we will believed.

Christ wasn't, why should we expect to be.

However, those who his father drew to his side, then and now, do believe him.

John 6:44, 45
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

The prophecy Jesus quotes there comes from Isaiah 54:13

13 And all your sons will be taught by Jehovah,
And the peace of your sons will be abundant.

And it applies every bit as much today, in this most special of all times, as it did then.

No, don;t expect to be believed, Satan is very good at influencing against Christ's true followers, even if they don't believe in him, in fact especially then.

After all, how can you protect yourself from a powerful spirit being you don't even believe in? As Christ and the Apostles taught Satan has this world well and truly in his pocket, as the evidence on TV every night proves beyond reasonable doubt.

Prove that jesus said anything, you simpleton.
tarantula
Posts: 866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 11:00:18 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Jesus is a storybook character. What is attributed to him has no more credence than the stories surrounding Harry Potter and his chums, MCB cannot prove otherwise..
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:01:07 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 11:00:18 AM, tarantula wrote:
Jesus is a storybook character. What is attributed to him has no more credence than the stories surrounding Harry Potter and his chums, MCB cannot prove otherwise..

That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

I shall stick with all that evidence you wrongly deny even exists, thanks all the same.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:13:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 10:55:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.

Do you take them seriously enough to avoid deliberately lying in even the smallest ways?

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

But do people believe them, or I?

Well, think what Christ said in the next verse:

45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

Just because they, and I, tell you the truth does not mean we will believed.

Christ wasn't, why should we expect to be.

However, those who his father drew to his side, then and now, do believe him.

John 6:44, 45
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

The prophecy Jesus quotes there comes from Isaiah 54:13

13 And all your sons will be taught by Jehovah,
And the peace of your sons will be abundant.

And it applies every bit as much today, in this most special of all times, as it did then.

No, don;t expect to be believed, Satan is very good at influencing against Christ's true followers, even if they don't believe in him, in fact especially then.

After all, how can you protect yourself from a powerful spirit being you don't even believe in? As Christ and the Apostles taught Satan has this world well and truly in his pocket, as the evidence on TV every night proves beyond reasonable doubt.

1 - According to u "satan" is Allah himself. so we muslims worship satan the lair.

Actually you have that slightly the wrong way round Satan is many things, Allah your false god, is only one of them.

However that is true, you do indeed worship a lie and a liar.


2 - u took verses from Gospel of "John", which was written after 90 years of Jesus;s death. chunks of chunks of it were stolen from the other gospels, written by anonymous ppl,

None of john's Gospel was stolen from anyone else. It was written under the inspiration of spirit of Jehovah himself which helped him recall what he had learned perfectly.

That is the main use of holy spirit, to recall things to our minds.


3 - your God name is "Jahova" but he didnt mention it in the NT not even a once.

On the contrary, and you can't even copy it down right, since it is Jehovah.

Jehovah is the closest approximation we can get to the Hebrew Tetragrammaton, which transliterates into English was JHVH, though other languages have their own ideas.

The tetragrammaton can be shown to have appeared in both the Hebrew Scriptures and in the Christian Greek Scriptures approximately 7,000 times overall.

Jehovah is therefore the English translation of the name of God which was declared to Moses and means "Shall become", or "I shall prove to be".

He was also Jesus' God as well as the God of the Apostles.


4 - u r christian because u got brainwashed by your environment.

Not in the least.

We are all brainwashed, but if I had allowed my environment to brainwash me I would have been Church of England, a faith which despite its claims to the contrary is about as far from "Christian" as it is possible to be.

No, I have chosen to be brainwashed by Jehovah through his son Jesus Christ, who quoted from Isaiah 54:13 when he said:

John 6:44, 45
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.


5 - u r a waste of time.

Not if you want the real promises of eternal life that scripture offers rather than the dissolute and false promises in Islam.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:19:03 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 2:01:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 11:00:18 AM, tarantula wrote:
Jesus is a storybook character. What is attributed to him has no more credence than the stories surrounding Harry Potter and his chums, MCB cannot prove otherwise..

That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

I shall stick with all that evidence you wrongly deny even exists, thanks all the same.

Can you deny this?

You wrote:

Marriage 1 lasted 9 years

a gap of about 8 months then:

Marriage 2 lasted 6 months and was a rebound thing.

a gap of 6 years and then:

Marriage 3, the remarriage to my first wife lasted 9 years again.

A gap of about 3 months, and then:

Marriage 4 lasted for 6 years, even though it too was a probably a rebound mistake.

At least there will have been a gap of about

I think I have got over marriages 1 and 2 now, and definitely over 4. 14 years between marriage 4 and marriage 5.

You admitted:

You remain divorced after 4 marriages and your children ignores you.
You remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW elders.
You engaged in unnatural sexual acts and called yourself a serial adulterer.
You remain financially strapped, your fund raising attempts all failed.
You are still on medication for your suicidal depressions.
You are now physically handicapped and live on disability assistance.
You haven't been laid in 15 years.
You live alone with a dog.
You turned to Jehovah,but your government handouts are paying your bills.
You are 67 and do not have any employable skills besides being too old to work.
You think jesus was an angel. Everyone knows he was a Jewish carpenters son.
You pray to Jehovah a meaningless name in the English language.
Last we heard you were raising money for a motorcycle because your old one had to be scrapped.
You failed to raise money on Gofundme.com so you could join Imelda after trying for several years.
You were looking for relationships on a free dating service Mingle2.com while still committed to marry Imelda.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,642
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:36:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

Again, thank you for being honest and admitting you are wrong.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:39:16 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

As seriously as you take line 44 of the Epic of Gilgamesh.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 3:31:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 2:36:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

Again, thank you for being honest and admitting you are wrong.

That is not what I am saying as you well know.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 3:32:27 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 2:39:16 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

As seriously as you take line 44 of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Well that is your choice, for now.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 3:37:14 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 3:32:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:39:16 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

As seriously as you take line 44 of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Well that is your choice, for now.

It will forever be my choice. I will never believe that fairy tale book, and especially not your money-grubbing cult's version of that fairy tale book. I know the real reason why you pricks go door to door. I know what your cult is all about.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 5:11:36 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 10:55:54 AM, bulproof wrote:

bullpoop teach that guy how not to talk stupid
Never fart near dog
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 5:14:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 2:13:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:55:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


None of john's Gospel was stolen from anyone else. It was written under the inspiration of spirit of Jehovah himself which helped him recall what he had learned perfectly.

That is the main use of holy spirit, to recall things to our minds.

... and that last sentence is a lie. You've told it so long that you believe it, I guess. You can't find a single passage that even implies that "the main use of 'holy spirit' is ... to 'recall things' to our minds."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,642
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 5:48:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 3:31:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:36:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

Again, thank you for being honest and admitting you are wrong.

That is not what I am saying as you well know.

And yet, you did say that. Lying about it doesn't change that fact.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 7:34:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 3:37:14 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 3:32:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:39:16 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

As seriously as you take line 44 of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Well that is your choice, for now.

It will forever be my choice. I will never believe that fairy tale book, and especially not your money-grubbing cult's version of that fairy tale book. I know the real reason why you pricks go door to door. I know what your cult is all about.

Oh definitely not forever, though it is a choice you will live long enough to regret if you don;t change it.

We all have to bear the consequences of our choices.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 7:36:33 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 7:34:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 3:37:14 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 3:32:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:39:16 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

As seriously as you take line 44 of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Well that is your choice, for now.

It will forever be my choice. I will never believe that fairy tale book, and especially not your money-grubbing cult's version of that fairy tale book. I know the real reason why you pricks go door to door. I know what your cult is all about.

Oh definitely not forever, though it is a choice you will live long enough to regret if you don;t change it.

We all have to bear the consequences of our choices.

Consequences schmonsequences. LOL what a joke, I'm really scared of your fairy tale!
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 7:37:39 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 5:48:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/8/2016 3:31:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:36:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

Again, thank you for being honest and admitting you are wrong.

That is not what I am saying as you well know.

And yet, you did say that. Lying about it doesn't change that fact.

I used the words I used but they did not say what you twist them to.

You just want them to.

No-one knows the whole truth yet, but the JWs have more of it than anyone else and are learning more as the light increases.

Sometimes that means correcting errors or just ways of thinking.

Sometimes it is extra knowledge.

However the only way to be truly right is to be prepared to admit error, when discovered and put it right.

Something you seem incapable of doing so far.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 7:38:58 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 7:36:33 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 7:34:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 3:37:14 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 3:32:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:39:16 PM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
How seriously do you take Jesus words at John 8:44, 45

As seriously as you take line 44 of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Well that is your choice, for now.

It will forever be my choice. I will never believe that fairy tale book, and especially not your money-grubbing cult's version of that fairy tale book. I know the real reason why you pricks go door to door. I know what your cult is all about.

Oh definitely not forever, though it is a choice you will live long enough to regret if you don;t change it.

We all have to bear the consequences of our choices.

Consequences schmonsequences. LOL what a joke, I'm really scared of your fairy tale!

Maybe you should be, though oblivion is nothing to fear, and since it appears to be what you expect it won't be a disappointment to you either.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 7:40:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 5:14:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:13:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:55:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


None of john's Gospel was stolen from anyone else. It was written under the inspiration of spirit of Jehovah himself which helped him recall what he had learned perfectly.

That is the main use of holy spirit, to recall things to our minds.

... and that last sentence is a lie. You've told it so long that you believe it, I guess. You can't find a single passage that even implies that "the main use of 'holy spirit' is ... to 'recall things' to our minds."

No Anna it is not a lie, it is exactly what Christ said the spirit, as a "helper" would be used to do.

John 8:44, 45
44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your

father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in

the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks

according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the

lie.

I on the other hand rightly echo the words of Christ in the next verse.

45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 7:54:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 7:40:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:14:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:13:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:55:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


None of john's Gospel was stolen from anyone else. It was written under the inspiration of spirit of Jehovah himself which helped him recall what he had learned perfectly.

That is the main use of holy spirit, to recall things to our minds.

... and that last sentence is a lie. You've told it so long that you believe it, I guess. You can't find a single passage that even implies that "the main use of 'holy spirit' is ... to 'recall things' to our minds."

No Anna it is not a lie, it is exactly what Christ said the spirit, as a "helper" would be used to do.

John 8:44, 45
44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your

father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in

the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks

according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the

lie.

I on the other hand rightly echo the words of Christ in the next verse.

45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

And Humbaba's face was darkened.
He cannot push forwards,
He cannot run backwards;
But the weapons of Gilgamesh could now reach Humbaba.
Humbaba now besought his life,
And said to Gilgamesh:
'Small you were, Gilgamesh -
Your mother bore you,
And you are of the offspring of ........
Agreable to the command of Shamash
Of the Lord of the Mountains, you rose up
"But he is the offspirng
In the midst of Uruk:
The king - Gilgamesh!"
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 8:24:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 7:40:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:14:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:13:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:55:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


None of john's Gospel was stolen from anyone else. It was written under the inspiration of spirit of Jehovah himself which helped him recall what he had learned perfectly.

That is the main use of holy spirit, to recall things to our minds.

... and that last sentence is a lie. You've told it so long that you believe it, I guess. You can't find a single passage that even implies that "the main use of 'holy spirit' is ... to 'recall things' to our minds."

No Anna it is not a lie, it is exactly what Christ said the spirit, as a "helper" would be used to do.

John 8:44, 45
44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your

father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in

the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks

according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the

lie.

I on the other hand rightly echo the words of Christ in the next verse.

45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

I said, "You can't find a single passage that even implies that "the main use of 'holy spirit' is ... to 'recall things' to our minds."

I notice you didn't do it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,642
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 8:51:57 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 7:37:39 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:48:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/8/2016 3:31:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:36:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

Again, thank you for being honest and admitting you are wrong.

That is not what I am saying as you well know.

And yet, you did say that. Lying about it doesn't change that fact.

I used the words I used but they did not say what you twist them to.

You just want them to.

No-one knows the whole truth yet,

And, you are further from it than most.

but the JWs have more of it than anyone else and are learning more as the light increases.

That isn't even remotely true.

Sometimes that means correcting errors or just ways of thinking.

Sometimes it is extra knowledge.

However the only way to be truly right is to be prepared to admit error, when discovered and put it right.

Something you seem incapable of doing so far.

Yeah sure, that's why I trust science, as it brings to you and everyone else everything they have, which you of course, will claim are the results of your boogieman, yet you'll use them anyways, despite your claim. This is the hypocrisy, dishonesty and ignorance you demonstrate.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 9:19:17 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 8:51:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/8/2016 7:37:39 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:48:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/8/2016 3:31:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:36:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The JWs do, and so do I.

That doesn't mean they, or I, have always got everything right. No human can or does, but their mistakes have been honest mistakes and they have learned from them.

The same is true of me.

Again, thank you for being honest and admitting you are wrong.

That is not what I am saying as you well know.

And yet, you did say that. Lying about it doesn't change that fact.

I used the words I used but they did not say what you twist them to.

You just want them to.

No-one knows the whole truth yet,

And, you are further from it than most.

but the JWs have more of it than anyone else and are learning more as the light increases.

That isn't even remotely true.

Sometimes that means correcting errors or just ways of thinking.

Sometimes it is extra knowledge.

However the only way to be truly right is to be prepared to admit error, when discovered and put it right.

Something you seem incapable of doing so far.

Yeah sure, that's why I trust science, as it brings to you and everyone else everything they have, which you of course, will claim are the results of your boogieman, yet you'll use them anyways, despite your claim. This is the hypocrisy, dishonesty and ignorance you demonstrate.

Not all of their results, only the results of the abuse of science which is all too common.

Science used properly supports the Bible.

I do not demonstrate ignorance. I know what I need to know, and will doubtless gain more knowledge as time passes.

You however do exhibit blind bigotry.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 9:27:36 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 8:24:46 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/8/2016 7:40:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:14:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:13:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:55:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


None of john's Gospel was stolen from anyone else. It was written under the inspiration of spirit of Jehovah himself which helped him recall what he had learned perfectly.

That is the main use of holy spirit, to recall things to our minds.

... and that last sentence is a lie. You've told it so long that you believe it, I guess. You can't find a single passage that even implies that "the main use of 'holy spirit' is ... to 'recall things' to our minds."

No Anna it is not a lie, it is exactly what Christ said the spirit, as a "helper" would be used to do.

John 8:44, 45
44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your

father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in

the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks

according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the

lie.

I on the other hand rightly echo the words of Christ in the next verse.

45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

I said, "You can't find a single passage that even implies that "the main use of 'holy spirit' is ... to 'recall things' to our minds."

I notice you didn't do it.

I have given you that passage many times before. You didn't believe it then, why should you believe it now?

However I shall do so once more:

John 14:26
26 But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you.

It has been used to fulfil that promise from then until now, and will continue to do so.

"All the things I told you" are included in scripture from Genesis to Revelation, since it was Christ in his pre-human existence who passed scripture down to mankind in his role as the Word, and we still have a usable record of them no matter how much Satan has worked to distort them.

That is yet another of the many things you choose to deny because you believe that if anyone gets it you should, but you have not yet chosen to meet the qualification.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30; John 4:23-24; John 6:45; James 1:5-8; John 17:3

Those are your starting places. If you want Jehovah to call you to his son's side you have to get them right first.

You have yet to even try.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 9:30:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 9:27:36 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 8:24:46 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/8/2016 7:40:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:14:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/8/2016 2:13:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:55:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/8/2016 10:44:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


None of john's Gospel was stolen from anyone else. It was written under the inspiration of spirit of Jehovah himself which helped him recall what he had learned perfectly.

That is the main use of holy spirit, to recall things to our minds.

... and that last sentence is a lie. You've told it so long that you believe it, I guess. You can't find a single passage that even implies that "the main use of 'holy spirit' is ... to 'recall things' to our minds."

No Anna it is not a lie, it is exactly what Christ said the spirit, as a "helper" would be used to do.

John 8:44, 45
44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your

father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in

the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks

according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the

lie.

I on the other hand rightly echo the words of Christ in the next verse.

45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

I said, "You can't find a single passage that even implies that "the main use of 'holy spirit' is ... to 'recall things' to our minds."

I notice you didn't do it.

I have given you that passage many times before. You didn't believe it then, why should you believe it now?

However I shall do so once more:

John 14:26
26 But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you.

It has been used to fulfil that promise from then until now, and will continue to do so.

"All the things I told you" are included in scripture from Genesis to Revelation, since it was Christ in his pre-human existence who passed scripture down to mankind in his role as the Word, and we still have a usable record of them no matter how much Satan has worked to distort them.

Oh, BS. The passage means that the Holy Spirit would bring to the recollection of the apostles all the things that Jesus had told them before His ascension. To think that 2,000 years later, the Holy Spirit is directly influencing some old clown to recall a passage of scripture is NOT what the passage in John means.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 9:45:29 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 9:30:28 PM, annanicole wrote:

Oh, BS. The passage means that the Holy Spirit would bring to the recollection of the apostles all the things that Jesus had told them before His ascension. To think that 2,000 years later, the Holy Spirit is directly influencing some old clown to recall a passage of scripture is NOT what the passage in John means.
How strange of you to suggest that the holy ghost does not bring things back into our minds. The holy ghost is a helper, as John 15:26 says:
"When the helper comes that I will send you from the Father, the spirit of the truth, which comes from the Father, that one will bear witness about me;"

Now, consider the following verses:
"Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!" (Luke 11:13)

1 John 5:14:
"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that no matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us."

And, as MCB rightly pointed out, we already know the capabilities of the holy ghost in regard to this subject:
"I have spoken these things to you while I am still with you. But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you." (John 14:25, 26)
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 9:54:14 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/8/2016 9:45:29 PM, tstor wrote:
At 5/8/2016 9:30:28 PM, annanicole wrote:

Oh, BS. The passage means that the Holy Spirit would bring to the recollection of the apostles all the things that Jesus had told them before His ascension. To think that 2,000 years later, the Holy Spirit is directly influencing some old clown to recall a passage of scripture is NOT what the passage in John means.
How strange of you to suggest that the holy ghost does not bring things back into our minds. The holy ghost is a helper, as John 15:26 says:
"When the helper comes that I will send you from the Father, the spirit of the truth, which comes from the Father, that one will bear witness about me;"

Now, consider the following verses:
"Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!" (Luke 11:13)

1 John 5:14:
"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that no matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us."

And, as MCB rightly pointed out, we already know the capabilities of the holy ghost in regard to this subject:
"I have spoken these things to you while I am still with you. But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you." (John 14:25, 26)

You, like the MadClown, cannot find a single passage that states that the Holy Spirit brings "things" back to our minds. If you could, you would cite it. He (and you, too, I suppose) constantly runs to a passage in which the Comforter, the Paraclete, was promised to the apostles in order to bring to their recollection one specific thing: words SPOKEN to them by Christ while he living among them on earth. That's it.

If you find a passage stating that the Holy Spirit brings anything else into recollection, then please provide it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."