Total Posts:157|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Disfellowshipped ones abandoned?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
There have been numerous comments about disfellowshipped ones like myself being shunned, and it is true that even some JW feel that way, but should they?

With that question in mind I am going to copy and past the relevant part of a JW brochure called "Return to Jehovah" http://wol.jw.org...

"The Lost One I Will Search For" http://wol.jw.org...
A shepherd makes his way up a mountain slope to find a lost sheep
The sheep is bewildered. Somehow, while nibbling grass in the pasture, it got separated from the other sheep. Now, it can see neither the flock nor the shepherd. Darkness approaches. Lost in a valley where predators roam, the sheep is defenseless. Finally, it hears a familiar voice"that of the shepherd, who runs toward the sheep, picks it up, wraps it in the folds of his garment, and carries it home.
JEHOVAH repeatedly likens himself to just such a shepherd. In his Word, he assures us: "I myself will search for my sheep, and I will care for them.""Ezekiel 34:11, 12.

"The Sheep That I Care For"
Who are Jehovah"s sheep? Simply put, Jehovah"s sheep are the people who love and worship him. The Bible says: "Let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before Jehovah our Maker. For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, the sheep in his care." (Psalm 95:6, 7) Like literal sheep following a shepherd, Jehovah"s worshippers are eager to follow their Shepherd. Are they flawless? No. God"s servants have, at times, become "scattered sheep," "lost sheep," and "like sheep going astray." (Ezekiel 34:12; Matthew 15:24; 1 Peter 2:25) Even so, when a person drifts away, Jehovah does not abandon him as being beyond hope.

Do you feel that Jehovah is still your Shepherd? How does Jehovah prove to be a Shepherd today? Consider three ways:

He feeds us spiritually. "In a good pasture I will feed them," Jehovah says. "They will lie down there in a good grazing land, and they will feed on choice pastures." (Ezekiel 34:14) Jehovah has never failed to give us a refreshing variety of timely spiritual food. Can you think of an article, a talk, or a video that answered your prayer for help? Did it not convince you that Jehovah cares about you personally?

He protects and supports us. Jehovah promises: "The stray I will bring back, the injured I will bandage, and the weak I will strengthen." (Ezekiel 34:16) Jehovah strengthens those weakened or overwhelmed by anxiety. He bandages his sheep, helping them to heal if they have been hurt"perhaps even by fellow believers. And he brings back those who have strayed and who may struggle with negative feelings.

He feels responsible for us. "I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered," Jehovah says. "The lost one I will search for." (Ezekiel 34:12, 16) To Jehovah, a lost sheep is not a lost cause. He knows when a sheep is missing, he searches for that sheep, and he rejoices when he finds it. (Matthew 18:12-14) After all, he calls his true worshippers "my sheep, the sheep that I care for." (Ezekiel 34:31) You are one of those sheep.

To Jehovah, a lost sheep is not a lost cause. He rejoices when that sheep is found
"Renew Our Days as in Those of Old"
Why is Jehovah searching for you and inviting you to return to him? Because he wants you to be happy. He promises that "blessings will pour down like the rains" for his sheep. (Ezekiel 34:26) That is no empty promise. You have already seen the evidence firsthand.

Recall your experiences as you came to know Jehovah. For example, how did you feel when you first learned the thrilling truths about God"s name and his purpose for humans? Do you remember how refreshing it was to be united with fellow Christians at assemblies and conventions? When you were able to share the good news with someone who showed genuine interest, did you not return home happy and deeply satisfied?

You can regain those joys. "Bring us back to yourself, O Jehovah," God"s servants of old prayed, "and we will readily return to you. Renew our days as in those of old." (Lamentations 5:21) Jehovah answered that prayer, and his people returned to serve him with renewed joy. (Nehemiah 8:17) Jehovah will do the same for you.

Still, returning to Jehovah is easier said than done. Consider some challenges of returning and how you can overcome them.


Shunned?

Not by Jehovah, and I should know because I am disfellowshipped, but receive his spirit to strengthen and guide me.

That is why I trust Jehovah more than humans, even in his own organisation. They get things wrong and sometimes he takes a long time to sort them out, but he always does once it becomes important enough an issue.

That is why disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions

Sometimes humans just take a while to catch up, and Jehovah gives them plenty of time to do so before he steps in.

Jehovah loves even errant ones and wants them to choose to return to him.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 8:54:43 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Shunned?

Not by Jehovah, and I should know because I am disfellowshipped, but receive his spirit to strengthen and guide me.

The spirit which actually guides you according to the bible, your manifest proven LIES here & your ongoing Sins, is your Devil's spirit!

1 John 3:6 & 8 alone confirm YOU & Co. are jebus' rejects and your true Master is your Devil!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 9:19:33 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:54:43 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Shunned?

Not by Jehovah, and I should know because I am disfellowshipped, but receive his spirit to strengthen and guide me.

The spirit which actually guides you according to the bible, your manifest proven LIES here & your ongoing Sins, is your Devil's spirit!

1 John 3:6 & 8 alone confirm YOU & Co. are jebus' rejects and your true Master is your Devil!

You prove nothing but your own ignorance.
kjw47
Posts: 1,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 11:34:41 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:54:43 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Shunned?

Not by Jehovah, and I should know because I am disfellowshipped, but receive his spirit to strengthen and guide me.

The spirit which actually guides you according to the bible, your manifest proven LIES here & your ongoing Sins, is your Devil's spirit!

1 John 3:6 & 8 alone confirm YOU & Co. are jebus' rejects and your true Master is your Devil!

What are you an atheist? If so why are you here, just to show bigoted hate? Lack of a life?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 3:38:07 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Disfellowshipped and shunning are necessary to protect the good members from the unrepentant bad ones. Disfellowshipping wrongdoers honors Jehovah"s name. Disfellowshipped members reflect badly on Jehovah by their poor example and therefore should be shunned.
All in the congregation can show principled love by avoiding contact and conversation with the disfellowshipped person.

TWO FACTORS THAT LEAD TO DISFELLOWSHIPPING

Two factors"which must coincide"result in the disfellowshipping of one of Jehovah"s Witnesses. First, a baptized Witness commits a serious sin. Second, he does not repent of his sin.

Disfellowshipping protects the clean, Christian congregation.

The apostle Paul warned the Corinthians of the danger of allowing willful sinners to remain in their midst. He compared the bad influence of such ones to that of leaven that causes a whole lump of dough to rise. "A little leaven ferments the whole batch of dough," he noted. He then counseled them: "Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.""1 Cor. 5:6, 11-13.

Disfellowshipping wrongdoers honors Jehovah"s name.

Since we bear the name of Jehovah, our behavior inevitably reflects on his name. (Isa. 43:10) Just as a son"s conduct can bring either honor or reproach on his parents, so people"s feelings toward Jehovah will depend to some extent on the good or bad example they observe in his name people. God"s good name is upheld if the people who bear that name make Jehovah"s moral standard their own. The situation was somewhat similar in Ezekiel"s time when people of the nations closely associated the name of Jehovah with the Jews."Ezek. 36:19-23.

All in the congregation can show principled love by avoiding contact and conversation with the disfellowshipped person. (1 Cor. 5:11; 2 John 10, 11) They thus reinforce the discipline that Jehovah has given him through the elders. Furthermore, they can give extra love and support to the family of the disfellowshipped one, who suffer considerably and who should not be made to feel that they too are excluded from association with fellow believers."Rom. 12:13, 15.

From the JW.org.
missmedic
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 7:34:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There have been numerous comments about disfellowshipped ones like myself
You are almost always entertaining..........................................................................
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 8:31:17 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:34:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There have been numerous comments about disfellowshipped ones like myself
You are almost always entertaining..........................................................................

Only almost?
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 4:59:25 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 9:19:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:54:43 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Shunned?

Not by Jehovah, and I should know because I am disfellowshipped, but receive his spirit to strengthen and guide me.

The spirit which actually guides you according to the bible, your manifest proven LIES here & your ongoing Sins, is your Devil's spirit!

1 John 3:6 & 8 alone confirm YOU & Co. are jebus' rejects and your true Master is your Devil!

You prove nothing but your own ignorance.

Why am I not surprised you dismiss 1 John 3:6 & 8 to suit your fancy & try to escape its exposing those malignant Sinners like YOU!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 5:11:52 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 11:34:41 AM, kjw47 wrote:

What are you an atheist? If so why are you here, just to show bigoted hate? Lack of a life?

Again. just like the Botchtower's ideology, your conclusions are irrational & because of its spurious nature, you attack the messenger!

The mere fact I am here correcting idiots like you, MCB & Co. only manifests my benevolence, rather than me leaving you to wallow in your Botchtower derived excrement!

As your own propaganda states, those like YOU, MCB & Co. are truly agents of your true Master, your Devil. (1 John 3:6, 8)
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 8:34:32 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 4:59:25 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:19:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:54:43 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Shunned?

Not by Jehovah, and I should know because I am disfellowshipped, but receive his spirit to strengthen and guide me.

The spirit which actually guides you according to the bible, your manifest proven LIES here & your ongoing Sins, is your Devil's spirit!

1 John 3:6 & 8 alone confirm YOU & Co. are jebus' rejects and your true Master is your Devil!

You prove nothing but your own ignorance.

Why am I not surprised you dismiss 1 John 3:6 & 8 to suit your fancy & try to escape its exposing those malignant Sinners like YOU!

I don;t dismiss any of it, only your warped interpretation of it.

1 John 3:6-8
6 Everyone remaining in union with him does not practice sin; no one who practices sin has either seen him or come to know him. 7 Little children, let no one mislead you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as that one is righteous. 8 The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil.

The important word is "practice".

Why?

Because if it was meant as rigidly as you imply no-one could be saved.

There is the committing of sin.

There is the practice of sin.

The first can be and usually is a single act. As James said we all stumble many times.

However "practice" brings to mind persistent repetition. That cannot be forgiven because it denies the thought of repentance.

I have committed many sins in the past, but I no longer practice any.

So, as always, all you have revealed is your own twisted reasoning.
bulproof
Posts: 25,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 8:54:56 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 8:34:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/10/2016 4:59:25 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:19:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:54:43 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Shunned?

Not by Jehovah, and I should know because I am disfellowshipped, but receive his spirit to strengthen and guide me.

The spirit which actually guides you according to the bible, your manifest proven LIES here & your ongoing Sins, is your Devil's spirit!

1 John 3:6 & 8 alone confirm YOU & Co. are jebus' rejects and your true Master is your Devil!

You prove nothing but your own ignorance.

Why am I not surprised you dismiss 1 John 3:6 & 8 to suit your fancy & try to escape its exposing those malignant Sinners like YOU!

I don;t dismiss any of it, only your warped interpretation of it.

1 John 3:6-8
6 Everyone remaining in union with him does not practice sin; no one who practices sin has either seen him or come to know him. 7 Little children, let no one mislead you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as that one is righteous. 8 The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil.

The important word is "practice".

Why?

Because if it was meant as rigidly as you imply no-one could be saved.

There is the committing of sin.

There is the practice of sin.

The first can be and usually is a single act. As James said we all stumble many times.

However "practice" brings to mind persistent repetition. That cannot be forgiven because it denies the thought of repentance.

I have committed many sins in the past, but I no longer practice any.

So, as always, all you have revealed is your own twisted reasoning.

Your god's mind must be fried if this is an example of his thinking.

The first can be and usually is a single act. As James said we all stumble many times.
However "practice" brings to mind persistent repetition
many times.

You do make me laugh.
Time's running out, repent now madman.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 9:14:33 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 8:34:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The important word is "practice".

Why?

Because if it was meant as rigidly as you imply no-one could be saved.

Nah!

It states the path is narrow, hence jebus' frauds & sinners like YOU aren't on it! (Matt. 7:14) ASV & even the NW pretend translation condemns you!

practice: Carry out, engage in. (WordWeb)

YOU Carry out & engage in Sin still!

That qualifies YOU as a jebus' reject & agent of your Devil! (1 John 3:6, 8)

&

1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither knoweth him. ASV

IF you truly ' abode ' with jebus, then you would DO NO SIN as 1 John 3:6 unambiguously states!

Instead YOU & others try to escape from that by saying something like " Well we don't Sin very much now, or don't practice it as much like we did before. "

That's your Master your Devil tricking you in to believing you are on the right path!

I repeat for your ongoing salvation via moi! that bible jebus stated YOU must do NO SIN! -

1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither knoweth him. ASV

NB: Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not

NB: Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not

You are trying to manipulate the text as your true Master your Devil interprets it for you!

So, as always, all you have revealed is your Devil motivated, twisted & mis-guided excuses.

1Jn 3:8 he that doeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. To this end was the Son of God manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

' he that doeth sin is of the devil; 'That's YOU MCB!

Bottom line remains: YOU still Sin, 1 John 3:8 condemns those like YOU - ' he that doeth sin (e.g. MCB & Co.) is of the devil '.
kjw47
Posts: 1,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 12:41:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 5:11:52 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 11:34:41 AM, kjw47 wrote:

What are you an atheist? If so why are you here, just to show bigoted hate? Lack of a life?

Again. just like the Botchtower's ideology, your conclusions are irrational & because of its spurious nature, you attack the messenger!

The mere fact I am here correcting idiots like you, MCB & Co. only manifests my benevolence, rather than me leaving you to wallow in your Botchtower derived excrement!

As your own propaganda states, those like YOU, MCB & Co. are truly agents of your true Master, your Devil. (1 John 3:6, 8)

Really the only idiots live in the past errors instead of keeping up with the light. Thank God, YHWH(Jehovah) is wise enough not to do that or 0 could make it. Yes it is satan who wants idiots to live in past errors.
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 1:47:15 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:31:17 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/9/2016 7:34:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There have been numerous comments about disfellowshipped ones like myself
You are almost always entertaining..........................................................................

Only almost?

Of course. Your always half-cocked at something, even your own cult.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 2:09:04 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 1:47:15 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:31:17 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/9/2016 7:34:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There have been numerous comments about disfellowshipped ones like myself
You are almost always entertaining..........................................................................

Only almost?

Of course. Your always half-cocked at something, even your own cult.

Lol.
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 12:41:30 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Wow, I'm really sorry about the disregard of human life from Christians on here. By their rhetoric I am doubly convinced that they are a cult, and that they are no different than Jim Jones. To think that it's okay to ostracize an individual for having different beliefs proves to me that they are not Americans, for Americans believe in what's called an open society. This open society has confidence that the average individual has normal feelings of empathy, respect for creatures, respect for human life, and is friendly.
These Christians are none of that. They are a big club. They are a club that requires submission to them. Americanism isn't about that.
My encouragement to you is that there are many individuals who do not belong to a religious club. These individuals don't require your submission. They respect human integrity and good will. Find these people. They will be your future group. As long as you don't rape, murder, or steal, you can be quite assured that their doors and friendship will be open to you.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 6:42:58 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/10/2016 12:41:54 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 5/10/2016 5:11:52 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 11:34:41 AM, kjw47 wrote:

What are you an atheist? If so why are you here, just to show bigoted hate? Lack of a life?

Again. just like the Botchtower's ideology, your conclusions are irrational & because of its spurious nature, you attack the messenger!

The mere fact I am here correcting idiots like you, MCB & Co. only manifests my benevolence, rather than me leaving you to wallow in your Botchtower derived excrement!

As your own propaganda states, those like YOU, MCB & Co. are truly agents of your true Master, your Devil. (1 John 3:6, 8)


Really the only idiots live in the past errors instead of keeping up with the light. Thank God, YHWH(Jehovah) is wise enough not to do that or 0 could make it. Yes it is satan who wants idiots to live in past errors.

Grab your Botchtower EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT NT Interlinear & Or the YLT and show us some of your light, by proving your Satan ideology from their narrative(s)!

Botchtower reject MCB can't, nor any genuine Botchtowerite, but may be you can?

Meanwhile I legitimately continue to LMAO@U & Co.!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 10:24:54 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 6:42:58 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/10/2016 12:41:54 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 5/10/2016 5:11:52 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/9/2016 11:34:41 AM, kjw47 wrote:

What are you an atheist? If so why are you here, just to show bigoted hate? Lack of a life?

Again. just like the Botchtower's ideology, your conclusions are irrational & because of its spurious nature, you attack the messenger!

The mere fact I am here correcting idiots like you, MCB & Co. only manifests my benevolence, rather than me leaving you to wallow in your Botchtower derived excrement!

As your own propaganda states, those like YOU, MCB & Co. are truly agents of your true Master, your Devil. (1 John 3:6, 8)


Really the only idiots live in the past errors instead of keeping up with the light. Thank God, YHWH(Jehovah) is wise enough not to do that or 0 could make it. Yes it is satan who wants idiots to live in past errors.

Grab your Botchtower EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT NT Interlinear & Or the YLT and show us some of your light, by proving your Satan ideology from their narrative(s)!

And yet you completely ignored it when I did exactly that long ago. More than once in fact.


Botchtower reject MCB can't, nor any genuine Botchtowerite, but may be you can?

Meanwhile I legitimately continue to LMAO@U & Co.!
user13579
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 10:27:03 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There have been numerous comments about disfellowshipped ones like myself being shunned, and it is true that even some JW feel that way, but should they?

What? Even your own cult doesn't want your money? You probably make them look bad by totally twisting their views.
Science in a nutshell:
"Facts are neither true nor false. They simply are."
"All scientific knowledge is provisional. Even facts are provisional."
"We can be absolutely certain that we have a moon, we can be absolutely certain that water is made out of H2O, and we can be absolutely certain that the Earth is a sphere!"
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty -- some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 10:30:23 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 12:41:30 AM, j50wells wrote:
Wow, I'm really sorry about the disregard of human life from Christians on here. By their rhetoric I am doubly convinced that they are a cult, and that they are no different than Jim Jones. To think that it's okay to ostracize an individual for having different beliefs proves to me that they are not Americans, for Americans believe in what's called an open society. This open society has confidence that the average individual has normal feelings of empathy, respect for creatures, respect for human life, and is friendly.
These Christians are none of that. They are a big club. They are a club that requires submission to them. Americanism isn't about that.
My encouragement to you is that there are many individuals who do not belong to a religious club. These individuals don't require your submission. They respect human integrity and good will. Find these people. They will be your future group. As long as you don't rape, murder, or steal, you can be quite assured that their doors and friendship will be open to you.

I am even more sorry about your disregard of truth.

There is none who value life more than a true follower of Christ. It is part of the "contract" as Jesus made very clear.

Matthew 22:34-40
34 After the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they came together in one group. 35 And one of them, versed in the Law, tested him by asking: 36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 He said to him: ""You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind." 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this: "You must love your neighbor as yourself." 40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets."

Why did Jesus quote two Deut 6:5 & Lev 19:18) when asked for only one?

Because they are completely inseparable. You cannot obey one fully without obeying the other.

If you do not love what Jehovah loves, you do not truly love Jehovah, and if you truly love Jehovah, you will love everything that he loves and hate everything he hates.

It is that simple, and any who do not comply do not have the right to call themselves Christian.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 10:31:20 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 10:27:03 AM, user13579 wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There have been numerous comments about disfellowshipped ones like myself being shunned, and it is true that even some JW feel that way, but should they?

What? Even your own cult doesn't want your money? You probably make them look bad by totally twisting their views.

Money is not their primary focus. Jehovah's will is. The only use they have for money is to help them do his will.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 10:54:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions

I think for some disfellowshipped JWs that might be so, MCB. However in your case I suspect it's not.

Your participation here, with members you never sway, nearly all of whom neither respect your thoughts nor even have curiosity about them, strikes me as compensating you for social interactions you're missing, whose absence is making you suffer.

I also think your contempt for members here helps make you feel superior, and therefore more worthy to rejoin.

I think it's a story existing only in your own mind, having no bearing at all on what the JW organisation may do in future. But since you participate here only narrowly, and exchange little value that I've seen, I think you're using this site to compensate.

With so little in common with members here, I've never seen you say honestly why you stay. But that strikes me as a credible, and sufficient explanation.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 11:26:04 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 10:54:07 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions

I think for some disfellowshipped JWs that might be so, MCB. However in your case I suspect it's not.

Your participation here, with members you never sway, nearly all of whom neither respect your thoughts nor even have curiosity about them, strikes me as compensating you for social interactions you're missing, whose absence is making you suffer.

Yes and no.

All it replaces is the ministry where I come across exactly the same things, so it is a like for like swap.

Yes, I miss the scriptural interaction with brothers and sister, but there is no replacement for it, so even when on here I still miss it.

It simply part of the price I have to pay for having messed up so badly in the past.


I also think your contempt for members here helps make you feel superior, and therefore more worthy to rejoin.

I have no contempt for members on here, though I do for the attitudes of some, but that is only because of their contempt for truth.

I certainly don;t feel superior to any, since I always keep in mind that Jesus says we must consider ourselves to be "good-for-nothing slaves".

Keeping that, and other imprecations of Jesus words at times reminds me that I am not superior to anyone here and in fact I am servant to all of you to ring the truth to your attention.

As scripture says I owe every human on earth a chance at the truth.


I think it's a story existing only in your own mind, having no bearing at all on what the JW organisation may do in future. But since you participate here only narrowly, and exchange little value that I've seen, I think you're using this site to compensate.

There is nothing of more value that truth and that is what I offer.


With so little in common with members here, I've never seen you say honestly why you stay. But that strikes me as a credible, and sufficient explanation.

You have only ever seen me say honestly why I am here, I have, and in fact can only have one reason, spreading the truth to those who need it.

Do you not think it would be much easier to just hide away here? Especially for one to whom that has always been a lifelong natural instinct.

No, only Jehovah's spirit keeps me on here, and only so that I can do what his son did when on earth.

Simple as that. Without Jehovah's spirit I could not do it.

As scripture also makes clear, whether anyone listens to me is not up to me, but up to Jehovah, after all it is he who draws those who do listen to his son's side, John 6:44.
On top of that, as Paul said:

1 Corinthians 3: 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God kept making it grow.

In that I am taking the role of Paul, in that I plant.

I point people to the JWs, who are the only ones authorised to water the seeds of truth I plant.

I cannot usurp Jehovah's role in making it grow, no-one can.

As Isaiah said, at Isaiah 54:13
13 And all your sons will be taught by Jehovah,
And the peace of your sons will be abundant.

And Jesus repeated at John 6:45
45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

That is why Jesus said in the verse before that, John 6:44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So you see, no-one on here can go to Jesus side unless Jehovah draws them, and that is why there are few if any on here who will do so, whatever they may claim.

Also, even fewer will benefit from it. Matthew 22:14 "For there are many invited, but few chosen." because they do not stick it out to the end.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 11:54:27 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 11:26:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 10:54:07 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions

I think for some disfellowshipped JWs that might be so, MCB. However in your case I suspect it's not.

Your participation here, with members you never sway, nearly all of whom neither respect your thoughts nor even have curiosity about them, strikes me as compensating you for social interactions you're missing, whose absence is making you suffer.

Yes and no.

All it replaces is the ministry where I come across exactly the same things, so it is a like for like swap.

Yes, I miss the scriptural interaction with brothers and sister, but there is no replacement for it, so even when on here I still miss it.

It simply part of the price I have to pay for having messed up so badly in the past.


I also think your contempt for members here helps make you feel superior, and therefore more worthy to rejoin.

I have no contempt for members on here, though I do for the attitudes of some, but that is only because of their contempt for truth.

I certainly don;t feel superior to any, since I always keep in mind that Jesus says we must consider ourselves to be "good-for-nothing slaves".

Keeping that, and other imprecations of Jesus words at times reminds me that I am not superior to anyone here and in fact I am servant to all of you to ring the truth to your attention.

As scripture says I owe every human on earth a chance at the truth.


I think it's a story existing only in your own mind, having no bearing at all on what the JW organisation may do in future. But since you participate here only narrowly, and exchange little value that I've seen, I think you're using this site to compensate.

There is nothing of more value that truth and that is what I offer.


With so little in common with members here, I've never seen you say honestly why you stay. But that strikes me as a credible, and sufficient explanation.

You have only ever seen me say honestly why I am here, I have, and in fact can only have one reason, spreading the truth to those who need it.

Do you not think it would be much easier to just hide away here? Especially for one to whom that has always been a lifelong natural instinct.

No, only Jehovah's spirit keeps me on here, and only so that I can do what his son did when on earth.

Simple as that. Without Jehovah's spirit I could not do it.

As scripture also makes clear, whether anyone listens to me is not up to me, but up to Jehovah, after all it is he who draws those who do listen to his son's side, John 6:44.
On top of that, as Paul said:

1 Corinthians 3: 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God kept making it grow.

In that I am taking the role of Paul, in that I plant.

I point people to the JWs, who are the only ones authorised to water the seeds of truth I plant.

I cannot usurp Jehovah's role in making it grow, no-one can.

As Isaiah said, at Isaiah 54:13
13 And all your sons will be taught by Jehovah,
And the peace of your sons will be abundant.

And Jesus repeated at John 6:45
45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

That is why Jesus said in the verse before that, John 6:44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So you see, no-one on here can go to Jesus side unless Jehovah draws them, and that is why there are few if any on here who will do so, whatever they may claim.

You are not the ideal person to preach to people who are better than you can ever hope to be.
Besides your preaching is useless. It is not effective and you lack the credibility after members discover your sordid life. And by your own admission as well as scriptures. It is Jehovah that draws people to Jesus. Why would a lop sided handicapped pervert think he can fit into Jehovah's shoes.

Also, even fewer will benefit from it. Matthew 22:14 "For there are many invited, but few chosen." because they do not stick it out to the end.

Your own invitation is questionable. You remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the Jehovah's Witnesses even after 11-15 years and your chance of being reinstated is next to impossible.

Members here a,ready know the JW is a cult. Anyone can find their website and read their cultish doctrines.
The last thing they need is help from a lop sided handicapped pervert who ended his career washing windows.

You wrote:" In the last 10 years I worked as a Bus and Coach Driver, a Care Assistant and finally as a Window Cleaner and Mobile Cleaner travelling all round Cornwall, and into Devon, not only cleaning windows but standing in for cleaners who were off sick or on holiday cleaning supermarkets and other large stores. That job came to an end because I developed serious tennis elbow in both arms due partly to the work I was doing, and partly because I refused to stop working when the doctor said I should."

And what were you doing before that? You were shuffling between wives for the last 45 years.

You wrote:

Marriage 1 lasted 9 years

a gap of about 8 months then:

Marriage 2 lasted 6 months and was a rebound thing.

a gap of 6 years and then:

Marriage 3, the remarriage to my first wife lasted 9 years again.

A gap of about 3 months, and then:

Marriage 4 lasted for 6 years, even though it too was a probably a rebound mistake.

At least there will have been a gap of about

I think I have got over marriages 1 and 2 now, and definitely over 4. 14 years between marriage 4 and marriage 5.

The only reason that marriage 3 happened was that she decided to start studying and become a JW. What I didn't realise was that she had only done so to get me back and wasn't truly interested. I realised fairly soon after we got remarried what I had fallen for, and the strain of it made me somewhat unstable emotionally, which is why that marriage ended.

Marriage 4 ended because I ran away to Cornwall (we lived in York at the time). I travelled that far away because I knew she would try and get me back and I knew I would not be able to afford to go back. I always said that I could not have moved further away without getting my feet wet.

I have no intention of going into why I ran away in detail, but I really did fear for my life, after discovering precisely why a doctor had once describer her as "4 foot 9 1/2 inches of compressed anger". Yes she really was that short, and heaven help anyone who forgot the extra half inch.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 5:30:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 11:26:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 10:54:07 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions

I think for some disfellowshipped JWs that might be so, MCB. However in your case I suspect it's not.

Your participation here, with members you never sway, nearly all of whom neither respect your thoughts nor even have curiosity about them, strikes me as compensating you for social interactions you're missing, whose absence is making you suffer.

Yes and no.

All it replaces is the ministry where I come across exactly the same things, so it is a like for like swap.

Not really. If you were re-fellowshipped and given jobs to do harrassing peaceful home-dwellers you'd never met (as opposed to DDO members who know you, don't respect what you have to say and are bored by it), i don't believe you'd give DDO another thought.

Your participation in DDO is make-work filler for you, MCB, not purpose.

I'm not commenting on whether you ought to be here. I'm simply pointing out that you're lonelier than you're admitting.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 5:32:48 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 11:54:27 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/11/2016 11:26:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 10:54:07 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions

I think for some disfellowshipped JWs that might be so, MCB. However in your case I suspect it's not.

Your participation here, with members you never sway, nearly all of whom neither respect your thoughts nor even have curiosity about them, strikes me as compensating you for social interactions you're missing, whose absence is making you suffer.

Yes and no.

All it replaces is the ministry where I come across exactly the same things, so it is a like for like swap.

Yes, I miss the scriptural interaction with brothers and sister, but there is no replacement for it, so even when on here I still miss it.

It simply part of the price I have to pay for having messed up so badly in the past.


I also think your contempt for members here helps make you feel superior, and therefore more worthy to rejoin.

I have no contempt for members on here, though I do for the attitudes of some, but that is only because of their contempt for truth.

I certainly don;t feel superior to any, since I always keep in mind that Jesus says we must consider ourselves to be "good-for-nothing slaves".

Keeping that, and other imprecations of Jesus words at times reminds me that I am not superior to anyone here and in fact I am servant to all of you to ring the truth to your attention.

As scripture says I owe every human on earth a chance at the truth.


I think it's a story existing only in your own mind, having no bearing at all on what the JW organisation may do in future. But since you participate here only narrowly, and exchange little value that I've seen, I think you're using this site to compensate.

There is nothing of more value that truth and that is what I offer.


With so little in common with members here, I've never seen you say honestly why you stay. But that strikes me as a credible, and sufficient explanation.

You have only ever seen me say honestly why I am here, I have, and in fact can only have one reason, spreading the truth to those who need it.

Do you not think it would be much easier to just hide away here? Especially for one to whom that has always been a lifelong natural instinct.

No, only Jehovah's spirit keeps me on here, and only so that I can do what his son did when on earth.

Simple as that. Without Jehovah's spirit I could not do it.

As scripture also makes clear, whether anyone listens to me is not up to me, but up to Jehovah, after all it is he who draws those who do listen to his son's side, John 6:44.
On top of that, as Paul said:

1 Corinthians 3: 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God kept making it grow.

In that I am taking the role of Paul, in that I plant.

I point people to the JWs, who are the only ones authorised to water the seeds of truth I plant.

I cannot usurp Jehovah's role in making it grow, no-one can.

As Isaiah said, at Isaiah 54:13
13 And all your sons will be taught by Jehovah,
And the peace of your sons will be abundant.

And Jesus repeated at John 6:45
45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

That is why Jesus said in the verse before that, John 6:44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So you see, no-one on here can go to Jesus side unless Jehovah draws them, and that is why there are few if any on here who will do so, whatever they may claim.

You are not the ideal person to preach to people who are better than you can ever hope to be.
Besides your preaching is useless. It is not effective and you lack the credibility after members discover your sordid life. And by your own admission as well as scriptures. It is Jehovah that draws people to Jesus. Why would a lop sided handicapped pervert think he can fit into Jehovah's shoes.

Also, even fewer will benefit from it. Matthew 22:14 "For there are many invited, but few chosen." because they do not stick it out to the end.

Your own invitation is questionable. You remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the Jehovah's Witnesses even after 11-15 years and your chance of being reinstated is next to impossible.

Members here a,ready know the JW is a cult. Anyone can find their website and read their cultish doctrines.
The last thing they need is help from a lop sided handicapped pervert who ended his career washing windows.

You wrote:" In the last 10 years I worked as a Bus and Coach Driver, a Care Assistant and finally as a Window Cleaner and Mobile Cleaner travelling all round Cornwall, and into Devon, not only cleaning windows but standing in for cleaners who were off sick or on holiday cleaning supermarkets and other large stores. That job came to an end because I developed serious tennis elbow in both arms due partly to the work I was doing, and partly because I refused to stop working when the doctor said I should."

And what were you doing before that? You were shuffling between wives for the last 45 years.

You wrote:

Marriage 1 lasted 9 years

a gap of about 8 months then:

Marriage 2 lasted 6 months and was a rebound thing.

a gap of 6 years and then:

Marriage 3, the remarriage to my first wife lasted 9 years again.

A gap of about 3 months, and then:

Marriage 4 lasted for 6 years, even though it too was a probably a rebound mistake.

At least there will have been a gap of about

I think I have got over marriages 1 and 2 now, and definitely over 4. 14 years between marriage 4 and marriage 5.

The only reason that marriage 3 happened was that she decided to start studying and become a JW. What I didn't realise was that she had only done so to get me back and wasn't truly interested. I realised fairly soon after we got remarried what I had fallen for, and the strain of it made me somewhat unstable emotionally, which is why that marriage ended.

Marriage 4 ended because I ran away to Cornwall (we lived in York at the time). I travelled that far away because I knew she would try and get me back and I knew I would not be able to afford to go back. I always said that I could not have moved further away without getting my feet wet.

I have no intention of going into why I ran away in detail, but I really did fear for my life, after discovering precisely why a doctor had once describer her as "4 foot 9 1/2 inches of compressed anger". Yes she really was that short, and heaven help anyone who forgot the extra half inch.

Yawn
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 6:18:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 5:30:13 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/11/2016 11:26:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 10:54:07 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions

I think for some disfellowshipped JWs that might be so, MCB. However in your case I suspect it's not.

Your participation here, with members you never sway, nearly all of whom neither respect your thoughts nor even have curiosity about them, strikes me as compensating you for social interactions you're missing, whose absence is making you suffer.

Yes and no.

All it replaces is the ministry where I come across exactly the same things, so it is a like for like swap.

Not really. If you were re-fellowshipped and given jobs to do harrassing peaceful home-dwellers you'd never met (as opposed to DDO members who know you, don't respect what you have to say and are bored by it), i don't believe you'd give DDO another thought.

So if I saw someone's life in danger, warning them is harassing them is it?

After all, that is ll I am doing.


Your participation in DDO is make-work filler for you, MCB, not purpose.

Oh it is very much a purpose, and even when I am reinstated I shall still spend plenty of time on here.

My whole life has one purpose and one purpose only, to show as many as will listen how to save their eternal lives.


I'm not commenting on whether you ought to be here. I'm simply pointing out that you're lonelier than you're admitting.

Of course I am lonely, but so what? I am used to being lonely I have been lonely all my life, or at least for what I can remember of my 67 years, because I am a loner. That's why I have little in the way of social skills.

Even most of my jobs have been solitary jobs, working alone and riving mile after mile between repair jobs. I was what is known as a Field Service Engineer for most of my working life.

When you are like me you can be lonely in a crowd of friends. Even in a Kingdom Hall.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 6:33:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 6:18:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 5:30:13 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/11/2016 11:26:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 10:54:07 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions
I think for some disfellowshipped JWs that might be so, MCB. However in your case I suspect it's not.
Your participation here, with members you never sway, nearly all of whom neither respect your thoughts nor even have curiosity about them, strikes me as compensating you for social interactions you're missing, whose absence is making you suffer.
Yes and no.
All it replaces is the ministry where I come across exactly the same things, so it is a like for like swap.
Not really. If you were re-fellowshipped and given jobs to do harrassing peaceful home-dwellers you'd never met (as opposed to DDO members who know you, don't respect what you have to say and are bored by it), i don't believe you'd give DDO another thought.
So if I saw someone's life in danger, warning them is harassing them is it?
After all, that is ll I am doing.

No, JWs do two things we can demonstrate, and you're hoping they're doing a third which you can't.

The two things we can demonstrate are:
1) Drumming up recruits to sustain the finances of a church; and
2) Isolating members psychologically from mainstream society by requiring them to preach in situations where their presence is unwelcome.

The third thing you hope but cannot prove is that there's any benefit to the people your former church drops in on uninvited.

Your participation in DDO is make-work filler for you, MCB, not purpose.
Oh it is very much a purpose, and even when I am reinstated I shall still spend plenty of time on here.
Well, I hope you are reinstated, but it seems unlikely you'd stay here, since you'd have a higher conversion rate (as small as it is) among new prospects than members who've already repeatedly rejected your ideas based on knowledge they have which you don't. There's no percentage in you staying here, unless you believe yourself more liked and accepted here than you would be even in your former congregation.

I'm not commenting on whether you ought to be here. I'm simply pointing out that you're lonelier than you're admitting.
Of course I am lonely, but so what? I am used to being lonely I have been lonely all my life, or at least for what I can remember of my 67 years, because I am a loner. That's why I have little in the way of social skills.
I don't think you're a loner, MCB. Hermits have little use for churches.

Even most of my jobs have been solitary jobs, working alone and riving mile after mile between repair jobs. I was what is known as a Field Service Engineer for most of my working life.
That's interesting. Thank you for telling me. :)

When you are like me you can be lonely in a crowd of friends. Even in a Kingdom Hall.
That tells me that you're not a loner. You're a gregarious person with poor social skills and a religious history that hasn't nourished you terribly well.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 7:25:50 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/11/2016 5:32:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 11:54:27 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/11/2016 11:26:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 10:54:07 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions

I think for some disfellowshipped JWs that might be so, MCB. However in your case I suspect it's not.

Your participation here, with members you never sway, nearly all of whom neither respect your thoughts nor even have curiosity about them, strikes me as compensating you for social interactions you're missing, whose absence is making you suffer.

Yes and no.

All it replaces is the ministry where I come across exactly the same things, so it is a like for like swap.

Yes, I miss the scriptural interaction with brothers and sister, but there is no replacement for it, so even when on here I still miss it.

It simply part of the price I have to pay for having messed up so badly in the past.


I also think your contempt for members here helps make you feel superior, and therefore more worthy to rejoin.

I have no contempt for members on here, though I do for the attitudes of some, but that is only because of their contempt for truth.

I certainly don;t feel superior to any, since I always keep in mind that Jesus says we must consider ourselves to be "good-for-nothing slaves".

Keeping that, and other imprecations of Jesus words at times reminds me that I am not superior to anyone here and in fact I am servant to all of you to ring the truth to your attention.

As scripture says I owe every human on earth a chance at the truth.


I think it's a story existing only in your own mind, having no bearing at all on what the JW organisation may do in future. But since you participate here only narrowly, and exchange little value that I've seen, I think you're using this site to compensate.

There is nothing of more value that truth and that is what I offer.


With so little in common with members here, I've never seen you say honestly why you stay. But that strikes me as a credible, and sufficient explanation.

You have only ever seen me say honestly why I am here, I have, and in fact can only have one reason, spreading the truth to those who need it.

Do you not think it would be much easier to just hide away here? Especially for one to whom that has always been a lifelong natural instinct.

No, only Jehovah's spirit keeps me on here, and only so that I can do what his son did when on earth.

Simple as that. Without Jehovah's spirit I could not do it.

As scripture also makes clear, whether anyone listens to me is not up to me, but up to Jehovah, after all it is he who draws those who do listen to his son's side, John 6:44.
On top of that, as Paul said:

1 Corinthians 3: 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God kept making it grow.

In that I am taking the role of Paul, in that I plant.

I point people to the JWs, who are the only ones authorised to water the seeds of truth I plant.

I cannot usurp Jehovah's role in making it grow, no-one can.

As Isaiah said, at Isaiah 54:13
13 And all your sons will be taught by Jehovah,
And the peace of your sons will be abundant.

And Jesus repeated at John 6:45
45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

That is why Jesus said in the verse before that, John 6:44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So you see, no-one on here can go to Jesus side unless Jehovah draws them, and that is why there are few if any on here who will do so, whatever they may claim.

You are not the ideal person to preach to people who are better than you can ever hope to be.
Besides your preaching is useless. It is not effective and you lack the credibility after members discover your sordid life. And by your own admission as well as scriptures. It is Jehovah that draws people to Jesus. Why would a lop sided handicapped pervert think he can fit into Jehovah's shoes.

Also, even fewer will benefit from it. Matthew 22:14 "For there are many invited, but few chosen." because they do not stick it out to the end.

Your own invitation is questionable. You remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the Jehovah's Witnesses even after 11-15 years and your chance of being reinstated is next to impossible.

Members here a,ready know the JW is a cult. Anyone can find their website and read their cultish doctrines.
The last thing they need is help from a lop sided handicapped pervert who ended his career washing windows.

You wrote:" In the last 10 years I worked as a Bus and Coach Driver, a Care Assistant and finally as a Window Cleaner and Mobile Cleaner travelling all round Cornwall, and into Devon, not only cleaning windows but standing in for cleaners who were off sick or on holiday cleaning supermarkets and other large stores. That job came to an end because I developed serious tennis elbow in both arms due partly to the work I was doing, and partly because I refused to stop working when the doctor said I should."

And what were you doing before that? You were shuffling between wives for the last 45 years.

You wrote:

Marriage 1 lasted 9 years

a gap of about 8 months then:

Marriage 2 lasted 6 months and was a rebound thing.

a gap of 6 years and then:

Marriage 3, the remarriage to my first wife lasted 9 years again.

A gap of about 3 months, and then:

Marriage 4 lasted for 6 years, even though it too was a probably a rebound mistake.

At least there will have been a gap of about

I think I have got over marriages 1 and 2 now, and definitely over 4. 14 years between marriage 4 and marriage 5.

The only reason that marriage 3 happened was that she decided to start studying and become a JW. What I didn't realise was that she had only done so to get me back and wasn't truly interested. I realised fairly soon after we got remarried what I had fallen for, and the strain of it made me somewhat unstable emotionally, which is why that marriage ended.

Marriage 4 ended because I ran away to Cornwall (we lived in York at the time). I travelled that far away because I knew she would try and get me back and I knew I would not be able to afford to go back. I always said that I could not have moved further away without getting my feet wet.

I have no intention of going into why I ran away in detail, but I really did fear for my life, after discovering precisely why a doctor had once describer her as "4 foot 9 1/2 inches of compressed anger". Yes she really was that short, and heaven help anyone who forgot the extra half inch.

Yawn

So you feared for your life of the same midget of a wife you married twice and ran away. Shouldn't your fear of her stop you from remarrying her a second time? The others wives you just ran away from because? But you admitted you were very hot tempered, was that only towards your dog?
You said you were afraid to be alone. But it appears you were also afraid to be with your wives. So you ran away to be alone. Isn't Jehovah and his witnesses punishing you by shunning you so you are alone all the time?
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 11:12:23 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 8:47:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There have been numerous comments about disfellowshipped ones like myself being shunned, and it is true that even some JW feel that way, but should they?

With that question in mind I am going to copy and past the relevant part of a JW brochure called "Return to Jehovah" http://wol.jw.org...

"The Lost One I Will Search For" http://wol.jw.org...
A shepherd makes his way up a mountain slope to find a lost sheep
The sheep is bewildered. Somehow, while nibbling grass in the pasture, it got separated from the other sheep. Now, it can see neither the flock nor the shepherd. Darkness approaches. Lost in a valley where predators roam, the sheep is defenseless. Finally, it hears a familiar voice"that of the shepherd, who runs toward the sheep, picks it up, wraps it in the folds of his garment, and carries it home.
JEHOVAH repeatedly likens himself to just such a shepherd. In his Word, he assures us: "I myself will search for my sheep, and I will care for them.""Ezekiel 34:11, 12.

"The Sheep That I Care For"
Who are Jehovah"s sheep? Simply put, Jehovah"s sheep are the people who love and worship him. The Bible says: "Let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before Jehovah our Maker. For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, the sheep in his care." (Psalm 95:6, 7) Like literal sheep following a shepherd, Jehovah"s worshippers are eager to follow their Shepherd. Are they flawless? No. God"s servants have, at times, become "scattered sheep," "lost sheep," and "like sheep going astray." (Ezekiel 34:12; Matthew 15:24; 1 Peter 2:25) Even so, when a person drifts away, Jehovah does not abandon him as being beyond hope.

Do you feel that Jehovah is still your Shepherd? How does Jehovah prove to be a Shepherd today? Consider three ways:

He feeds us spiritually. "In a good pasture I will feed them," Jehovah says. "They will lie down there in a good grazing land, and they will feed on choice pastures." (Ezekiel 34:14) Jehovah has never failed to give us a refreshing variety of timely spiritual food. Can you think of an article, a talk, or a video that answered your prayer for help? Did it not convince you that Jehovah cares about you personally?

He protects and supports us. Jehovah promises: "The stray I will bring back, the injured I will bandage, and the weak I will strengthen." (Ezekiel 34:16) Jehovah strengthens those weakened or overwhelmed by anxiety. He bandages his sheep, helping them to heal if they have been hurt"perhaps even by fellow believers. And he brings back those who have strayed and who may struggle with negative feelings.

He feels responsible for us. "I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered," Jehovah says. "The lost one I will search for." (Ezekiel 34:12, 16) To Jehovah, a lost sheep is not a lost cause. He knows when a sheep is missing, he searches for that sheep, and he rejoices when he finds it. (Matthew 18:12-14) After all, he calls his true worshippers "my sheep, the sheep that I care for." (Ezekiel 34:31) You are one of those sheep.

To Jehovah, a lost sheep is not a lost cause. He rejoices when that sheep is found
"Renew Our Days as in Those of Old"
Why is Jehovah searching for you and inviting you to return to him? Because he wants you to be happy. He promises that "blessings will pour down like the rains" for his sheep. (Ezekiel 34:26) That is no empty promise. You have already seen the evidence firsthand.

Recall your experiences as you came to know Jehovah. For example, how did you feel when you first learned the thrilling truths about God"s name and his purpose for humans? Do you remember how refreshing it was to be united with fellow Christians at assemblies and conventions? When you were able to share the good news with someone who showed genuine interest, did you not return home happy and deeply satisfied?

You can regain those joys. "Bring us back to yourself, O Jehovah," God"s servants of old prayed, "and we will readily return to you. Renew our days as in those of old." (Lamentations 5:21) Jehovah answered that prayer, and his people returned to serve him with renewed joy. (Nehemiah 8:17) Jehovah will do the same for you.

Still, returning to Jehovah is easier said than done. Consider some challenges of returning and how you can overcome them.


Shunned?

Not by Jehovah, and I should know because I am disfellowshipped, but receive his spirit to strengthen and guide me.

That is why I trust Jehovah more than humans, even in his own organisation. They get things wrong and sometimes he takes a long time to sort them out, but he always does once it becomes important enough an issue.

That is why disfellowshipping is only abut social interaction, not affecting necessary interactions or even spiritual interactions

Sometimes humans just take a while to catch up, and Jehovah gives them plenty of time to do so before he steps in.

Jehovah loves even errant ones and wants them to choose to return to him.

All you are doing is affirming that one can be saved WITHOUT being associated with the WatchTower organization. You know as well as I do that the WatchTower does not teach any such thing.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."