Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Why Are Atheists So So Restless : The Remake

Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 7:45:08 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?

What do you mean by restless?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
janesix
Posts: 3,438
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 8:09:33 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:45:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?

What do you mean by restless?

He must mean "curious" and "seekers of new knowledge".
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 9:04:07 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?
The main reason atheists are interested in religion is the behaviour of the religious. Yet that's still not most atheists: some 60-70% of atheists talk to people of faith about irreligion 'seldom' or 'never'. And even those atheists who spend time talking about religion to the religious are still likely spending less time on that discussion than the pious are spending on theology and religious observances.

You've never supported your claim of 'atheist restlessness' with independent data, and your rationales trying to explain your bare conjecture are false anyway.

This is essentially a strawman argument, Riwaaz. You can and should do better.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 1:12:30 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?

I think a lot about logic and critical thinking, and this is the forum that helps me exercise mine. It's that simple, for me anyway.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 1:33:24 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?

They are obsessed with God and smoke dope. Bad combination. Prozak abuse comes next.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 1:34:34 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:45:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?

What do you mean by restless?

Stoned
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 1:39:01 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 9:04:07 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?
The main reason atheists are interested in religion is the behaviour of the religious. Yet that's still not most atheists: some 60-70% of atheists talk to people of faith about irreligion 'seldom' or 'never'. And even those atheists who spend time talking about religion to the religious are still likely spending less time on that discussion than the pious are spending on theology and religious observances.

You've never supported your claim of 'atheist restlessness' with independent data, and your rationales trying to explain your bare conjecture are false anyway.

This is essentially a strawman argument, Riwaaz. You can and should do better.

Here ya go. Atheist canibal?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 1:39:43 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Evidence of restlesness...

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 1:44:37 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 1:34:34 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/9/2016 7:45:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?

What do you mean by restless?

Stoned

LOL!! I've never seen anyone stoned who was also restless!!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 2:30:36 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 1:39:01 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Here ya go. Atheist canibal?
At 5/10/2016 1:39:43 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Evidence of restlesness...

I've no idea why it takes two posts to respond with one link, Bronto. But you'd be aware (because I've told you more than once) that I don't follow blind links from untrusted members.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 2:34:15 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 2:30:36 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/10/2016 1:39:01 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Here ya go. Atheist canibal?
At 5/10/2016 1:39:43 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Evidence of restlesness...

I've no idea why it takes two posts to respond with one link, Bronto. But you'd be aware (because I've told you more than once) that I don't follow blind links from untrusted members.

That's fine. It was simply an example of restlesness that the OP referenced.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:16:11 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 2:34:15 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/10/2016 2:30:36 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/10/2016 1:39:01 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Here ya go. Atheist canibal?
At 5/10/2016 1:39:43 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Evidence of restlesness...

I've no idea why it takes two posts to respond with one link, Bronto. But you'd be aware (because I've told you more than once) that I don't follow blind links from untrusted members.

That's fine. It was simply an example of restlesness that the OP referenced.

Please don't spam my thread.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:16:26 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 2:34:15 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/10/2016 2:30:36 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/10/2016 1:39:01 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Here ya go. Atheist canibal?
At 5/10/2016 1:39:43 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Evidence of restlesness...

I've no idea why it takes two posts to respond with one link, Bronto. But you'd be aware (because I've told you more than once) that I don't follow blind links from untrusted members.

That's fine. It was simply an example of restlesness that the OP referenced.

Please don't spam this thread.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:59:15 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 7:38:51 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Is it due to the fact that they tend to think more often about God as compared to theists?

Yea, I still don't have no idea why you say "Restless". How about you start with explaining this point first?
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 10:58:20 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
OMG, HaHa, that is so stupid. Restless? That's quite a generalization about a group of people. Can I say the same about you every time there's and earthquake, or one too many abortions for the year? I'll bet you got really, really restless when folks finally realized that pot was less addictive and harmful than alcohol and nicotine. Did you lose some sleep when the Democratic process legalized pot in Colorado, and do you get further restless when, one by one, other states legalize pot?
I furthermore bet you get really, really restless when science finds out more and more about the universe, further advancing science, and disproving fundamentalism.
I'll tell you what, if you want to be less restless, adopt liberal Christianity. It's okay, my friend, your God of love will understand as he is isolated more and more by evidence.