Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christian hatred (AKA secularphobia)

RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 5:08:51 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/13/2016 4:49:11 AM, missmedic wrote:
Or do they feel justified in there distain for Atheists
Fear doesn't need a justification, Miss M.

When your society vilifies a group as being untrustworthy as Americans have with the irreligious, it falls to the vilified group to prove their trustability.

And prove it, and prove it... to minds whom it costs nothing to continue their suspicion, yet have to invest in interest, understanding and respect to dismantle it.

The US' widespread distrust of atheists is almost unknown anywhere else in the developed world. It's a peculiarly American phenomenon that I believe is driven largely by the Christian nationalism that emerged after the Civil war, and flourished in response to Cold War paranoia. With 20% of Americans now being 'religious nones' it's not 20% of the population being feared and hated so much as an invented demon being feared and hated, that it's hard to identify as anyone in particular an American knows.
Skynet
Posts: 674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 5:26:07 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I read both the articles. If you lock yourself in your office and write an article about a group of people you don't get along with without actually talking to them, what was written in the articles could seem convincing.

It's not a -phobia. The threshold of what qualifies as phobia has been lowered so dislike or disapproval or even disagreement with someone on any level suddenly is a sign of psychological disorder.

I don't hate atheists, I'm not terrified of them, and they might threaten my culture, but they don't intellectually threaten me. On the other hand, while I have friends who are atheist, I have a lot of bad experience with atheist mockery and rudeness that makes me cautious when talking to them about religion or science or philosophy. I could name a few atheist DDO members who do nothing other than patrol the forums to attack Christians with no substance. Some recognize not every argument MUST support their position, and are fine to talk to.

"The persistent belief that only the religious are moral, and so anybody who is not religious must be immoral. It is utterly irrational and has no basis in fact..."

The author might want to do some studying, or at least basic reasoning before publishing this article. Religions almost always come with a definite set of morals. Atheism has no clear set of morality in a book or even an oral tradition. Many do adopt a moral code of one sort or another, or are even very much in line with my own, but if you look at anyone who has a "morality does not exist" stance, it is always an atheist.

If you're not a caustic unreasonable stick in the mud, calling everyone stupid who disagrees with you without getting to know them first, and refrain from mockery or belittlement, you can get that reciprocation from just about anyone, from Muslims to Satanists, to Catholics to atheists. If they are a jerk to you anyway, just don't reciprocate.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
missmedic
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 3:20:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
With attendance and donations dwindling, with churches being abandoned and the continued growth of the non religious sector, it is the religious and political establishments that promote distrust against Atheists because of the fear of losing the support (both financial and political) from the mainstream believers.
The hatred towards Atheist is not based on morality, it is based on the money donated and the 75 billions in yearly tax concessions. When it comes to power it is always about the money. Misinformed masses will always be easier to lead then informed individuals.

http://philanthropynewsdigest.org...
Danb6177
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 3:36:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Its a broad generalization to say Christians hate atheist. I certainly don't.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 4:06:20 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

I have no phobia of Atheists. I've been one, Agnostic specifically, and I've talked to many. Everybody has a psychology. The atheist psychology is typically centered on certain ideas and "lacks" that Christ can fill. My goal is to help them realize Atheism is hindering them psychologically, not releasing them.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
roun12
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 4:20:30 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/13/2016 4:06:20 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

I have no phobia of Atheists. I've been one, Agnostic specifically, and I've talked to many. Everybody has a psychology. The atheist psychology is typically centered on certain ideas and "lacks" that Christ can fill. My goal is to help them realize Atheism is hindering them psychologically, not releasing them.

How would you know the "atheist psychology"? Atheists aren't some kind of hive mind.
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 4:46:04 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Christians don't hate anyone, it is one of the qualifications for being Christian, a complete absence of hatred for any other human.

You cannot obey Jehovah's command to love your fellow man as yourself if you hate any human, and Christ expanded on that theme by saying we must also love those who have constituted themselves our enemies.

Hatred is an emotion which comes only from Satan.

Galatians 5:19-23
19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God"s Kingdom.
22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.
missmedic
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:13:23 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/13/2016 4:46:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Christians don't hate anyone, it is one of the qualifications for being Christian, a complete absence of hatred for any other human.

Not true if your gay or Atheist...........

You cannot obey Jehovah's command to love your fellow man as yourself if you hate any human, and Christ expanded on that theme by saying we must also love those who have constituted themselves our enemies.

Loving your enemies is a contradiction that could get you killed.

Hatred is an emotion which comes only from Satan.

Scapegoating your emotion is morally wrong and typically Christian.

Galatians 5:19-23
19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God"s Kingdom.
22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The bible does not meet the criteria for a credible source, and you quoting the bible shows you have no original thoughts of your own..........
missmedic
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:13:34 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/13/2016 4:06:20 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

I have no phobia of Atheists. I've been one, Agnostic specifically, and I've talked to many. Everybody has a psychology. The atheist psychology is typically centered on certain ideas and "lacks" that Christ can fill. My goal is to help them realize Atheism is hindering them psychologically, not releasing them.

"The atheist psychology is typically centered on certain ideas and "lacks" belief in supernatural superstition nonsense"
Many Atheist share many ideas, but not all Atheist share the same ideas, except the lack of belief supernatural knowledge. Faith is not a path to knowledge................
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:29:43 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/14/2016 3:13:23 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/13/2016 4:46:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Christians don't hate anyone, it is one of the qualifications for being Christian, a complete absence of hatred for any other human.

Not true if your gay or Atheist...........

You cannot obey Jehovah's command to love your fellow man as yourself if you hate any human, and Christ expanded on that theme by saying we must also love those who have constituted themselves our enemies.

Loving your enemies is a contradiction that could get you killed.

It is not a contradiction. You are looking it from the wrong angle.

Your enemy is someone who hates you, you do;t have to hate them back. In fact Christ says you must not do so.

Christians ave many enemies but they are enemies to none.

Yes, being a Christian has caused many a human to be killed, but so what?

Men can kill you.

Christ can resurrect you, and will when the time comes.

Better to die faithful and get eternal life, than to die unfaithful and perish forever.


Hatred is an emotion which comes only from Satan.

Scapegoating your emotion is morally wrong and typically Christian.

It has nothing to do with scapegoating, it is a case of credit where credit it due, blame where blame is due.

It is an emotion Christians do not feel, because of they do they are not Christian.

I do not hate anyone. I pity millions, billions even, but I hate none.

Those I pity most are those billions who claim to be Christian but cannot be bothered to live as one.


Galatians 5:19-23
19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God"s Kingdom.
22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The bible does not meet the criteria for a credible source, and you quoting the bible shows you have no original thoughts of your own..........

It meets every criteria for reliability, it is scientifically and historically accurate, even when that history was written many years, even centuries in advance.

Many things in it have been proven right.

None have been proven wrong.

There is no such thing as an original thought, everything that can be thought has been thought by someone before. There are only variations on existing themes.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:32:39 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/14/2016 3:29:43 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Christ can resurrect you, and will when the time comes.
Evidence?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 4:38:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/14/2016 4:32:39 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/14/2016 3:29:43 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Christ can resurrect you, and will when the time comes.
Evidence?

Re: the quote at the bottom of your signature.

Wilde apparently located that black cat, eh?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
missmedic
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 7:47:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/14/2016 3:29:43 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/14/2016 3:13:23 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/13/2016 4:46:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Christians don't hate anyone, it is one of the qualifications for being Christian, a complete absence of hatred for any other human.

Not true if your gay or Atheist...........

You cannot obey Jehovah's command to love your fellow man as yourself if you hate any human, and Christ expanded on that theme by saying we must also love those who have constituted themselves our enemies.

Loving your enemies is a contradiction that could get you killed.

It is not a contradiction. You are looking it from the wrong angle.

Your enemy is someone who hates you, you do;t have to hate them back. In fact Christ says you must not do so.

Christians ave many enemies but they are enemies to none.

Yes, being a Christian has caused many a human to be killed, but so what?

Men can kill you.

Christ can resurrect you, and will when the time comes.

Better to die faithful and get eternal life, than to die unfaithful and perish forever.


Hatred is an emotion which comes only from Satan.

Scapegoating your emotion is morally wrong and typically Christian.

It has nothing to do with scapegoating, it is a case of credit where credit it due, blame where blame is due.

It is an emotion Christians do not feel, because of they do they are not Christian.

I do not hate anyone. I pity millions, billions even, but I hate none.

Those I pity most are those billions who claim to be Christian but cannot be bothered to live as one.


Galatians 5:19-23
19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God"s Kingdom.
22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The bible does not meet the criteria for a credible source, and you quoting the bible shows you have no original thoughts of your own..........

It meets every criteria for reliability, it is scientifically and historically accurate, even when that history was written many years, even centuries in advance.

Many things in it have been proven right.

None have been proven wrong.

There is no such thing as an original thought, everything that can be thought has been thought by someone before. There are only variations on existing themes.

Putting credence in a supposably supernatural being of any kind just seems wrong to me. I understand that your beliefs give comfort and some kind understanding of the world we share, however beliefs and faiths do not establish "truths" or facts. It does not matter how many people believe or for how many centuries they have believed it. It does not matter how reverent or important people think of them, if it does not agree with evidence, then it simply cannot have any validity to the outside world. All things we know about the world, we can express without referring to a belief. Even at its most benign level, beliefs can act as barriers to further understanding. You need not own beliefs of any kind to establish scientific facts, observe and enjoy nature, or live a productive, moral, and useful life.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 8:38:50 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/14/2016 7:47:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/14/2016 3:29:43 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/14/2016 3:13:23 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/13/2016 4:46:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Christians don't hate anyone, it is one of the qualifications for being Christian, a complete absence of hatred for any other human.

Not true if your gay or Atheist...........

You cannot obey Jehovah's command to love your fellow man as yourself if you hate any human, and Christ expanded on that theme by saying we must also love those who have constituted themselves our enemies.

Loving your enemies is a contradiction that could get you killed.

It is not a contradiction. You are looking it from the wrong angle.

Your enemy is someone who hates you, you do;t have to hate them back. In fact Christ says you must not do so.

Christians ave many enemies but they are enemies to none.

Yes, being a Christian has caused many a human to be killed, but so what?

Men can kill you.

Christ can resurrect you, and will when the time comes.

Better to die faithful and get eternal life, than to die unfaithful and perish forever.


Hatred is an emotion which comes only from Satan.

Scapegoating your emotion is morally wrong and typically Christian.

It has nothing to do with scapegoating, it is a case of credit where credit it due, blame where blame is due.

It is an emotion Christians do not feel, because of they do they are not Christian.

I do not hate anyone. I pity millions, billions even, but I hate none.

Those I pity most are those billions who claim to be Christian but cannot be bothered to live as one.


Galatians 5:19-23
19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God"s Kingdom.
22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The bible does not meet the criteria for a credible source, and you quoting the bible shows you have no original thoughts of your own..........

It meets every criteria for reliability, it is scientifically and historically accurate, even when that history was written many years, even centuries in advance.

Many things in it have been proven right.

None have been proven wrong.

There is no such thing as an original thought, everything that can be thought has been thought by someone before. There are only variations on existing themes.

Putting credence in a supposably supernatural being of any kind just seems wrong to me. I understand that your beliefs give comfort and some kind understanding of the world we share, however beliefs and faiths do not establish "truths" or facts. It does not matter how many people believe or for how many centuries they have believed it. It does not matter how reverent or important people think of them, if it does not agree with evidence, then it simply cannot have any validity to the outside world. All things we know about the world, we can express without referring to a belief. Even at its most benign level, beliefs can act as barriers to further understanding. You need not own beliefs of any kind to establish scientific facts, observe and enjoy nature, or live a productive, moral, and useful life.

Well that is your choice, but I see no alternative since he has well and truly proved himself to be credible.

He has very clearly demonstrated, and through his son continues to demonstrate his primary qualities of Love Wisdom, Justice and Mercy in perfect balance.
Maheal
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 8:40:07 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

There are two questions be offered here:
Do atheists prefer to be called "nonbelievers"?
What would garner atheists less hatred from the Christian?

"Athiest" means "one who doesn't believe in a god". "Non-theist" means the same thing. Assuming that the belief in a god is the only belief here, "non-believer" means the same thing, too. Even the emotionally-charged "godless" is right there with them. I cannot speak for anyone else who does not hold a belief in a god - everyone has their own opinion and perspective. For me, the simple answer is I have no problem being called any of these things. They are all accurate. On the other hand, none of them describe who I am - only what I am not. In that regard, they're all lousy words. Would a Christian prefer to be called an "Asatanist" or a "nonsatanist"? I suspect neither and they prefer "Christian" because it precisely describes their worldview.

If I were to pick the one I'm most hesitant about, it would be "atheist". It has developed a stigma over time and has been so severely abused and misused by everyone - theists and non-theists alike. If I were to state that I am an atheist, all these connotations appear in your head, often mingled with emotional memories. I don't hate Christians and other theists, I just think they're incorrect on the whole god thing. I'd prefer to think that Christians don't hate me just because I disagree, but who knows. Some probably do. Some atheists probably hate me too. :)

This leads to the second part of your question - what would make Christians hate me less? I can't answer that, Christians will need to. But I feel confident that simply changing the word we use would not help, at least in the long run. I would speculate that if I were to convert to Christianity and accept Jesus into my heart, then Christians would hate me less. Assuming that won't happen, then the question becomes, what would make Christians accept me for who I am? Christians, feel free to answer.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 9:53:37 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/14/2016 8:40:07 PM, Maheal wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

There are two questions be offered here:
Do atheists prefer to be called "nonbelievers"?
What would garner atheists less hatred from the Christian?

"Athiest" means "one who doesn't believe in a god". "Non-theist" means the same thing. Assuming that the belief in a god is the only belief here, "non-believer" means the same thing, too. Even the emotionally-charged "godless" is right there with them. I cannot speak for anyone else who does not hold a belief in a god - everyone has their own opinion and perspective. For me, the simple answer is I have no problem being called any of these things. They are all accurate. On the other hand, none of them describe who I am - only what I am not. In that regard, they're all lousy words. Would a Christian prefer to be called an "Asatanist" or a "nonsatanist"? I suspect neither and they prefer "Christian" because it precisely describes their worldview.

If I were to pick the one I'm most hesitant about, it would be "atheist". It has developed a stigma over time and has been so severely abused and misused by everyone - theists and non-theists alike. If I were to state that I am an atheist, all these connotations appear in your head, often mingled with emotional memories. I don't hate Christians and other theists, I just think they're incorrect on the whole god thing. I'd prefer to think that Christians don't hate me just because I disagree, but who knows. Some probably do. Some atheists probably hate me too. :)

This leads to the second part of your question - what would make Christians hate me less? I can't answer that, Christians will need to. But I feel confident that simply changing the word we use would not help, at least in the long run. I would speculate that if I were to convert to Christianity and accept Jesus into my heart, then Christians would hate me less. Assuming that won't happen, then the question becomes, what would make Christians accept me for who I am? Christians, feel free to answer.

Most of us don't hate atheists. I certainly don't. I think it's because many atheists do constantly try to belittle and destroy Christianity. Not saying all do, or that Christians don't do the same to atheists, but I think that's what it is... I just wish we could all get along without attacking each other's beliefs. I'd be happy to debate religion, just we need to stop fighting about it. Thank you for your time reading this.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 2:37:59 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/13/2016 4:49:11 AM, missmedic wrote:
Or do they feel justified in there distain for Atheists

ME: Would it be dis stain or dat stain, any stain is sus-stainable...Dat's wot I fink!
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:08:49 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/14/2016 4:38:03 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/14/2016 4:32:39 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/14/2016 3:29:43 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Christ can resurrect you, and will when the time comes.
Evidence?

Re: the quote at the bottom of your signature.

Wilde apparently located that black cat, eh?
Not that I'm aware of Annie, do you have some evidence?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
PureX
Posts: 1,519
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 5:38:07 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
For theists who understand the true nature of faith, atheists do not pose any insult or threat to their faith. Because they understand that their faith is a choice that we each must make for ourselves. And so they feel little animosity toward non-theists who happen to have made a somewhat different choice.

But for theists who confuse real faith with a blind adherence to some religious dogma or other, atheists pose a direct contradiction, and therefor, a perceived threat, to that blind adherence to the dogma. I believe the animosity these "believers" feel toward "non-believers" is directly related to the believer's lack of actual faith, and therefor to their fear of being "wrong".
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 5:59:33 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...
Secularphobia? Ha ha! I don't think anyone is afraid of atheists . . .
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 6:05:46 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/13/2016 3:36:19 PM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Its a broad generalization to say Christians hate atheist. I certainly don't.
Exactly. Many atheists assume that Christians hate them, which is entirely false. And it is even more ridiculous to claim that Christians are afraid of them.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 6:08:29 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/21/2016 6:05:46 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 5/13/2016 3:36:19 PM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Its a broad generalization to say Christians hate atheist. I certainly don't.
Exactly. Many atheists assume that Christians hate them, which is entirely false. And it is even more ridiculous to claim that Christians are afraid of them.

May I introduce you to brontocraptor?
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 6:15:30 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/21/2016 6:08:29 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/21/2016 6:05:46 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 5/13/2016 3:36:19 PM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Its a broad generalization to say Christians hate atheist. I certainly don't.
Exactly. Many atheists assume that Christians hate them, which is entirely false. And it is even more ridiculous to claim that Christians are afraid of them.

May I introduce you to brontocraptor?
I already know who he is. He is a troll, which I am not.

Anyway, do you have anything intelligent to contribute to this discussion, or are you going to continue to be the stereotypical Internet liberal who refuses to debate properly? If so, please do yourself a favor and leave this website. Thank you.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
missmedic
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 3:34:13 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/21/2016 5:59:33 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...
Secularphobia? Ha ha! I don't think anyone is afraid of atheists . . .
Your lack of understanding is apparent..............
Simple Definition of phobia
1; an extremely strong dislike or fear of someone or something
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Here are some examples of your Christian love;
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
And the list goes on and on, Secular phobia is real, take a real look around........
https://www.psychologytoday.com...
http://www.patheos.com...
http://www.pewresearch.org...
And the list goes on and on, like a true Christian you don't want to know.......
Because Knowledge, true knowledge is like cancer to religion.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 8:38:41 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/22/2016 3:34:13 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/21/2016 5:59:33 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...
Secularphobia? Ha ha! I don't think anyone is afraid of atheists . . .
Your lack of understanding is apparent..............
Simple Definition of phobia
1; an extremely strong dislike or fear of someone or something
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Well, "phobia" is most commonly associated with "fear". And, in medicine, it is defined as such, too. For example, Mayo Clinic, one of America's leading healthcare providers, defines a "phobia" as "an overwhelming and unreasonable fear of an object or situation that poses little real danger but provokes anxiety and avoidance". Notice, it says nothing about hatred.
Here are some examples of your Christian love;
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
And here are some examples of your atheist "love":
- http://www.breitbart.com...
- http://dailycaller.com...
- http://www.conservapedia.com...
And the list goes on and on, Secular phobia is real, take a real look around........
https://www.psychologytoday.com...
http://www.patheos.com...
http://www.pewresearch.org...
Okay, first of all, I stopped taking Psychology Today seriously a long time ago when they published an article on why "black women are less attractive" than other women. Second, Christophobia is real too . . . Take a look around. Perhaps I should assume that atheists hate Christians too, eh?
And the list goes on and on, like a true Christian you don't want to know.......
Because Knowledge, true knowledge is like cancer to religion.
Once again, not a surprise someone of your type would say this . . . You don't have any evidence for that claim, do you?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
missmedic
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 1:06:17 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/22/2016 8:38:41 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 5/22/2016 3:34:13 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/21/2016 5:59:33 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?
Second, Christophobia is real too . . . Take a look around. Perhaps I should assume that atheists hate Christians too, eh?

I am fortunate to never have cause to hate a person, however I do have a strong dislike for bad ideas, especially bad ideas put into practice, and religion is a bad idea.

And the list goes on and on, like a true Christian you don't want to know.......
Because Knowledge, true knowledge is like cancer to religion.
Once again, not a surprise someone of your type would say this . . . You don't have any evidence for that claim, do you?

Well it is only scientific evidence and not supernatural................... Researchers analyzed 63 studies on religion and intelligence from the past 80 years to discover the slightly negative correlation between the two.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
http://www.christianitytoday.com...
http://www.independent.co.uk...
and the list goes on..................
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 8:33:58 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/23/2016 1:06:17 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/22/2016 8:38:41 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 5/22/2016 3:34:13 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 5/21/2016 5:59:33 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?
Second, Christophobia is real too . . . Take a look around. Perhaps I should assume that atheists hate Christians too, eh?

I am fortunate to never have cause to hate a person, however I do have a strong dislike for bad ideas, especially bad ideas put into practice, and religion is a bad idea.
Christianity is the truth, and the truth is never a bad thing. I'd like to hear some more of your reasons on why Christianity is "bad".
And the list goes on and on, like a true Christian you don't want to know.......
Because Knowledge, true knowledge is like cancer to religion.
Once again, not a surprise someone of your type would say this . . . You don't have any evidence for that claim, do you?

Well it is only scientific evidence and not supernatural................... Researchers analyzed 63 studies on religion and intelligence from the past 80 years to discover the slightly negative correlation between the two.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
http://www.christianitytoday.com...
http://www.independent.co.uk...
and the list goes on..................
Oh brother . . . Not this again.

I already told you, Zuckerman's study and conclusion is full of flaws and can't be taken seriously. If you want a full explanation, visit this link (http://www.strangenotions.com...) because I'm not going to explain this to you again.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 9:12:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/13/2016 4:06:20 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:59:36 PM, missmedic wrote:
Would calling Atheists nonbelievers garner less hatred from the Christian?

http://www.skeptical-science.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...

I have no phobia of Atheists. I've been one, Agnostic specifically, and I've talked to many. Everybody has a psychology. The atheist psychology is typically centered on certain ideas and "lacks" that Christ can fill. My goal is to help them realize Atheism is hindering them psychologically, not releasing them.

Keep your 'help' to yourself. It's as useful as a bushman shaman's attempt to cure cancer.