Jump to topic:

what the purpose of animals?

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 7:52:23 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
99.9% of living things on earth just live in survival mode (most of humans included..), or always have to search for safety, food, protection all the stuff related to it.. all done by fear, struggle to survive hiding from predators and eventually they being killed by other animals or death from diseases and horrible suffering...

to my knowledge what we speak about afterlife in major religions only humans will reach that afterlife. so the implication is God created billions of billions of billions of living things just for suffering and after their death thats it. what their purpose in life? just to suffer? imagine for example animals with post trauma disorder or serious health condition and they live with it for years and years and boom its was for nothing.

any thoughts? i mean what is the difference between human suffering and what animals suffer?
Never fart near dog
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 8:16:49 AM
At 5/12/2016 7:52:23 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
99.9% of living things on earth just live in survival mode (most of humans included..), or always have to search for safety, food, protection all the stuff related to it.. all done by fear, struggle to survive hiding from predators and eventually they being killed by other animals or death from diseases and horrible suffering...

to my knowledge what we speak about afterlife in major religions only humans will reach that afterlife. so the implication is God created billions of billions of billions of living things just for suffering and after their death thats it. what their purpose in life? just to suffer? imagine for example animals with post trauma disorder or serious health condition and they live with it for years and years and boom its was for nothing.

any thoughts? i mean what is the difference between human suffering and what animals suffer?
I have often wondered about all the suffering inthe world. I have come to no conclusions though. Thanks for bringing it up maybe others will have some thoughts on it.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 8:23:15 AM

There's lots of ways to interpret that, most of them are probably right and wrong.
Meh!
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 1:43:06 PM
At 5/12/2016 8:23:15 AM, Axonly wrote:

There's lots of ways to interpret that, most of them are probably right and wrong.

and how u can interpret the life of caterpillar (https://www.youtube.com...) parasites eating this guy from inside to get out, controlled like a zombie and starves to death. this guy is really f@cked up!!
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 1:44:23 PM
At 5/12/2016 8:16:49 AM, janesix wrote:

I have often wondered about all the suffering inthe world. I have come to no conclusions though. Thanks for bringing it up maybe others will have some thoughts on it.

yeah i think nobody knows the answer we all f@cked up xD
Never fart near dog
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 2:51:07 PM

If those animals don't possess a soul that passes to an afterlife, is the suffering that they experience any different than that of a mindless robot? In essence, the animals are biological robots programed to respond to external stimuli in specific ways, such as crying out in pain (response to physical damage). It's our innate empathy that causes us to be triggered and respond so strongly to this suffering and project our own imagined experience onto the animal that we observe.

This is, of course, speculation that's presupposing the existence of a soul and that this soul is responsible for the human sense of experience.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 5:17:16 PM

Humans are animals so I don't see a difference other than the differences in the subjective experience determined by intelligence, self-awareness, etc.

If consciousness lives after death, I don't know why it is assumed that only humans will experience it.