Why God's way is Better

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 10:33:34 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Why God's way is better:

1)The man leads, but he is to be ready for the draft and protection of his people.

2)The woman gives birth, but can expect her husband to protect her.

3)The people are united with a devine purpose.

4)Mom is home for a time to make sure children are taken care of and raised right. Man supports her role as mother by going to work until kids are in school.

5)Our enemies are actually descerned to be enemies and our homes and nation protected.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 10:41:01 PM
At 5/12/2016 10:33:34 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Why God's way is better:

1)The man leads, but he is to be ready for the draft and protection of his people.
Agree

Agree

What purpose?

4)Mom is home for a time to make sure children are taken care of and raised right. Man supports her role as mother by going to work until kids are in school.
Agree

5)Our enemies are actually descerned to be enemies and our homes and nation protected.
Agree
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 10:44:33 PM
Why God's way is better:

That is the life of an average Muslim family. Any wonder why the Muslims take their God and prophet seriously.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 10:54:51 PM
Why God's way is better:

Why should a man lead? There is no difference in terms of measurable intelligence between men and women.

Women shouldn't be threatened or need protection. That's the sort of thing that goes on in the barbaric Islamic cultures we both hate.

They are united through natural instinct.

I generally agree with this although if husband's want more of a role with raising children that's perfectly fine. Also in some cases it is more practical for the woman to go back to work sooner if she is the main breadwinner.

"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 10:59:39 PM
Why God's way is better:

And people wonder why our country is so messed up. It has everything to do with women not staying home with their kids and the erosion of family values.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 11:04:32 PM
Why patriarchal nationalism is better:
3)The people are united with a divine purpose.

There's nothing in that list requiring a god, Bronto. You just need a bunch of entitled greybeards running a xenophobic culture, putting on airs of being so wise and sacred you can't argue with them.

That's pretty much how ancient Israelites acted anyway, and may also be how their clerics invented a profession that got them paid for philosophy and theatre.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 11:11:55 PM
At 5/12/2016 10:54:51 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Why God's way is better:

Why should a man lead? There is no difference in terms of measurable intelligence between men and women.

Women shouldn't be threatened or need protection. That's the sort of thing that goes on in the barbaric Islamic cultures we both hate.

I generally agree with this although if husband's want more of a role with raising children that's perfectly fine. Also in some cases it is more practical for the woman to go back to work sooner if she is the main breadwinner.

The man only leads if he himself is led.

One must admit that men and women are not the same. Women can give birth. Men cannot. Women are more nuturing. Men are physically superior. Men are expected to defend their nation as women typically are not. To say there is no difference is dishonest.

You mentioned why in the West? Because "barbaric culture" IS being allowed in. Wouldn't it have been particularly nice if men had stepped in front of the Islamic rapists? That's fulfilling a gender role. We ARE different. It's not a bad thing. For my mate and I there rarely comes up a matter that "needs the man's decision" to come into play. I always include her and typically agree with her. But she expects me at times to be a man and make a decision for us. There is a reason the indecisive nonleading men are horrible with women.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 11:44:48 PM
At 5/12/2016 11:11:55 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Why God's way is better:

One must admit that men and women are not the same. Women can give birth. Men cannot. Women are more nuturing. Men are physically superior. Men are expected to defend their nation as women typically are not. To say there is no difference is dishonest.

Some men are more nurturing than some women. Some women are physically stronger than some men. Men are naturally more inclined towards fighting and combat but there is no logical reason why women can't contribute to the defence of a country. I agree they are different and gender stereotyping is often logical and sensible. However gender should never be a reason for being forced to do something or prevented from doing something.

You mentioned why in the West? Because "barbaric culture" IS being allowed in. Wouldn't it have been particularly nice if men had stepped in front of the Islamic rapists? That's fulfilling a gender role. We ARE different. It's not a bad thing. For my mate and I there rarely comes up a matter that "needs the man's decision" to come into play. I always include her and typically agree with her. But she expects me at times to be a man and make a decision for us. There is a reason the indecisive nonleading men are horrible with women.

Well you two are entitled to the relationship you both desire. That's perfectly fine. However if other people desire relationships of complete equality then you should respect their choice.

It is obviously a great thing to stand up against rapists. It is possible for women to fight off rapists as well though, especially when in groups.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 12:10:18 AM
At 5/12/2016 11:11:55 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Why God's way is better:

Imagine what goes through a woman's mind when she discovers Muslim men not only are obligated to protect all 4 wives, they are also obligated to sexually satisfy all their wives. Your success at home will be 1/4 of the average Muslim man and possibly lower in some areas.
Redfordnutt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 1:12:57 AM
Why God's way is better:

The most intelligent humans are actually men. Men have a larger scope of intelligence (low and high IQ) whereas women seem to cluster around the average area of human intelligence. That's why most of our prisons are filled with men, but most of the geniuses are also men.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:14:21 AM
At 5/13/2016 1:12:57 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
Why God's way is better:

The most intelligent humans are actually men. Men have a larger scope of intelligence (low and high IQ) whereas women seem to cluster around the average area of human intelligence. That's why most of our prisons are filled with men, but most of the geniuses are also men.

On average men are not any more intelligent than women. Therefore any claim that men should always lead is simply illogical. It's blatant sexist discrimination.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:13:00 AM
At 5/13/2016 8:14:21 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
Why God's way is better:

On average men are not any more intelligent than women. Therefore any claim that men should always lead is simply illogical. It's blatant sexist discrimination.

That depends on what you measure intelligence by.

Standardized test, or social/emotional 'skill'. "on average", indeed men are more intelligent than women. Pretty much any time after 16, pick similar race, backgrounds, etc, and more than 50 50, the male will demonstrate a higher intelligence.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 4:51:09 PM
Why God's way is better:

That is very far from God's way.

God's way is not to get involved with the disputes of this world.

After all, if we are truly Christians we have our government in the heaven already, why should we betray that by fighting on behalf of human kingdoms and rulerships, all of which are in opposition to the Kingdom such as I serve under Christ?

That would be treasonous.

Christ said we must be no part of this world, and that includes being no part of it's conflicts.

I have no intention of being a traitor to my King, nor does any JW, the only true Christians.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:30:10 PM
At 5/13/2016 4:51:09 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Why God's way is better:

After all, if we are truly Christians we have our government in the heaven already, why should we betray that by fighting on behalf of human kingdoms and rulerships, all of which are in opposition to the Kingdom such as I serve under Christ?

Christ said we must be no part of this world, and that includes being no part of it's conflicts.

I have no intention of being a traitor to my King, nor does any JW, the only true Christians.

Isn't your computer part of this world? Your car? Your clothes?
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:34:55 PM
At 5/13/2016 11:13:00 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Why God's way is better:

Standardized test, or social/emotional 'skill'. "on average", indeed men are more intelligent than women. Pretty much any time after 16, pick similar race, backgrounds, etc, and more than 50 50, the male will demonstrate a higher intelligence.

That's false. When given equal opportunities by the society which they live in women perform just as well as men in standardized tests. Men only perform better when society is unfairly skewed to their advantage. Unfortunately this is the case in every country to some extent.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:40:50 PM
At 5/13/2016 7:34:55 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Why God's way is better:

That's false. When given equal opportunities by the society which they live in women perform just as well as men in standardized tests. Men only perform better when society is unfairly skewed to their advantage. Unfortunately this is the case in every country to some extent.

How many female geniuses can you name? How many women inventors? Nobel prize winners? How many scientific theories have been realized and though of by women?

Men and women have close to the same average intelligence, but male geniuses far outweigh females.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:03:07 PM
At 5/13/2016 7:40:50 PM, janesix wrote:
Why God's way is better:

How many female geniuses can you name? How many women inventors? Nobel prize winners? How many scientific theories have been realized and though of by women?

Men and women have close to the same average intelligence, but male geniuses far outweigh females.

I agree that more men have genius levels of intelligence than women. This is offset by there being a greater number of mentally retarded men than women. My point is women have equal average intelligence levels to men.

Marilyn vos Savant has a verified IQ of 190.

In 1985, The Guinness Book of World Records accepted vos Savant"s IQ score of 190, and according to marilynvossavant.com, crowned her the woman with the highest IQ for five consecutive years " she has tested as high as 228 on various IQ tests. She is a popular columnist for Parade Magazine. Through "Ask Marilyn," readers can send puzzles and questions on different subjects for vos Savant to solve and answer.

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:06:47 PM
At 5/13/2016 8:03:07 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Why God's way is better:

I agree that more men have genius levels of intelligence than women. This is offset by there being a greater number of mentally retarded men than women. My point is women have equal average intelligence levels to men.

In 1985, The Guinness Book of World Records accepted vos Savant"s IQ score of 190, and according to marilynvossavant.com, crowned her the woman with the highest IQ for five consecutive years " she has tested as high as 228 on various IQ tests. She is a popular columnist for Parade Magazine. Through "Ask Marilyn," readers can send puzzles and questions on different subjects for vos Savant to solve and answer.

I agree that women are capable of having genius I Q's. But notice Marilyn is 1 out of 10 top known I Q's, with the rest being male. Sharon Stone also has a genius level I Q, at 160.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:20:39 PM
At 5/13/2016 8:06:47 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/13/2016 8:03:07 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Why God's way is better:

I agree that women are capable of having genius I Q's. But notice Marilyn is 1 out of 10 top known I Q's, with the rest being male. Sharon Stone also has a genius level I Q, at 160.

That's true. I agree there are more male geniuses then female geniuses. Some more examples of influential women;

Ada Lovelace wrote a scientific paper in 1843 that anticipated the development of computer software artificial intelligence and computer music

Barbara McClintock She was one of the most important figures in the history of genetics; discovered mobile "jumping" genes; won Nobel Prize, 1983.

Patricia Billings invented a indestructible and fireproof building material called Geobond

Rachel Fuller Brown and Elizabeth Lee Hazen co-invented Nystatin, the world's first useful antifungal antibiotic

Marie Curie discovered radium and furthered x-ray technology

Gertrude Belle Elion invented the leukemia-fighting drug 6-mercaptopurine, drugs that facilitated kidney transplants and other drugs for the treatment of cancer and leukemia

Mary Anderson invented the windshield wiper

Edith Flanigen was the inventor of a petroleum refining method and is considered one of the most inventive chemists of all time

Helen Free was the inventor of the home diabetes test.

Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin used x-rays to find the structural layouts of atoms and to discover the overall molecular shape of over 100 molecules including: penicillin, vitamin B-12, vitamin D and insulin

Erna Schneider Hoover invented the computerized telephone switching system.

Stephanie Louise Kwolek invented a material five times stronger than steel called Kevlar

Ann Tsukamoto The co-patenter of a process to isolate the human stem cell

Mary Walton invented several anti-pollution devices during the Industrial Revolution

Barbara McClintock She was one of the most important figures in the history of genetics; discovered mobile "jumping" genes; won Nobel Prize, 1983.

Rosalyn Sussman Yalow medical physicist. She developed the radioimmunoassay to measure amounts of biological substances in the body; second woman to win the Nobel Prize in medicine, 1977

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:54:37 PM
At 5/13/2016 7:30:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Why God's way is better:

Christ didn't tell us to get out of this world, that would be impossible.

However we are not to be a part of it.

In other words whilst it surrounds us and we have to live in it we do nothing to support or influence it, but simply obey it's laws wherever they do not conflict with God's law.

We are "alien residents in lands not our own". In the same way that Abraham was. Simple as.

Or as Paul put it, we make use of the world, but not to the full.

We take no sides with other governments but our own heavenly government under Christ. It matters not to us which government that is or whether they are a fair and just government, they are not our government to interfere with.

We don't vote, or otherwise interfere with the running of the human governments in whose lands we live. We do not strike or demonstrate. We just, as quietly as we are allowed to, get on with the work Jehovah set us through his son the Christ.

We take only that which is due to us by our work or the taxes we pay, which we pay honestly and fully.

Like I say, we are alien residents in lands not our own.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 9:15:32 PM
At 5/13/2016 8:54:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/13/2016 7:30:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Why God's way is better:

Christ didn't tell us to get out of this world, that would be impossible.

However we are not to be a part of it.

In other words whilst it surrounds us and we have to live in it we do nothing to support or influence it, but simply obey it's laws wherever they do not conflict with God's law.

We are "alien residents in lands not our own". In the same way that Abraham was. Simple as.

Or as Paul put it, we make use of the world, but not to the full.

We take no sides with other governments but our own heavenly government under Christ. It matters not to us which government that is or whether they are a fair and just government, they are not our government to interfere with.

Then you are a traitor and a hypocrite, to boot. You want - and exercise - all the benefits of a free and civilized state including the police department and welfare benefits (especially the latter), yet if Nazi Germany rose up and commenced the Blitzkrieg all over again, you wouldn't even support the government of England.

I have YET to comprehend exactly how the JW's can utilize the military on a local level, i. e. call the police, while at the same time objecting to the military on a national level.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 11:46:14 AM
Why God's way is better:

Its amazing to me that I literally state pick a time after the age of 16, and the study you cite comes from pitting ages 14-18 against one another gender wise.

http://paulcooijmans.com...

"When it comes to the question whether or not there is a difference in mean I.Q. between males and females, Jensen basically says no, after having considered a large amount of evidence (more precisely, Jensen is referring to the difference in g rather than in I.Q.). Eysenck is a little bit more skeptical and points out that the usual assumption of equal I.Q. of the sexes may be flawed. Based on data also mentioned by Jensen (R. Lynn, 1994, "Sex differences in intelligence and brain size: a paradox resolved"), Eysenck suggests 4 I.Q. points as a conservative estimate of the difference (favouring males). Lynn, on his home page, simple states in adults the difference is about 5 points.".

Further:
"The male variance in I.Q. is greater than that for females; Jensen says this difference is greatest in math and spatial ability. In math the male variance is 1.1 to 1.3 times greater. He concludes from this and from various other facts that the cause of the greater male variance in I.Q. lies mainly or entirely in non-g factors rather than in g.

In the high range, my own observation to date is that at or above the 98th percentile there are about twice more males than females, while at or above the 99.9th percentile there are about 15 times more males. These estimates are based on the male/female ratios in certain high I.Q. societies and on analysis of male and female performance on my tests".

From another source:

"The current literature on sex differences produced inconsistent results depending on the type of testing used.[8][45] Among the researchers who conducted studies on intelligence, many point that there are no sex differences in g (Jensen 1998, Colom, Garcia, Juan-Esponiza & Abad 2000, Colom, Garcia, Juan-Esponiza & Abad 2002, Camarata and Woodcock 2006), some found a difference favoring males (Lynn 1999, Lynn Irwing 2004, 2008) and some found a difference favoring females (Keith, Reynolds, Patel & Ridley 2006 and Reynolds, Keith, Ridley, Patel 2006).[45][46][53] The issues remains unresolved if one uses standardized tests as Jensen (1998) and Colom, Garcia (2002) agrees that there might be a small insignificant sex difference in intelligence in general( IQ) but this may not necessarily reflect a sex difference in general intelligence (g factor).[53] The difference between the two concepts is that IQ is a psychometric scoring system measured with standardized testing, while g factor is a latent scientific construct that correlates with all cognitive tests and achievements in life. Although most researchers distinguish between g and IQ, those that argue for greater male intelligence assert that IQ and g are synonymous (Lynn & Irwing 2004) and so the real division comes from defining IQ in relation to g factor"

Essentially stating that men do better on something standardized. Now, in the realm of an unstandardized test as a measure of intelligence, such as judging motive, recalling pictures, etc, females excel. Between the two genders, men (generally) don't tie memory to concept or circumstance like women do, making their abilities different but hard to classify, hence why I asked what your criteria for determining intelligence. Something with a hard answer to arrive at, or something more malleable.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 2:42:49 PM
At 5/13/2016 9:15:32 PM, annanicole wrote:

Then you are a traitor and a hypocrite, to boot. You want - and exercise - all the benefits of a free and civilized state including the police department and welfare benefits (especially the latter), yet if Nazi Germany rose up and commenced the Blitzkrieg all over again, you wouldn't even support the government of England.

No, if I were to be a part of this world I would be a traitor to Christ and a hypocrite, as you are.

Havng paid my National Insurance cntributions carefuly and conscientiously, I believe I am entitled to take the benefit of those insurance payments.

If you insured your home and it burned down would you not expact to get the benefit of having faithfully paid the premiums.

I am doing nothing more than that.

My taxes, and especially my council tax payments pay for the Police force so again I am asking for nothing more than I have paid for.

That does not make me either a traitor or a hypocrite.

I do not vote in elections, thus I accept whatever government I get. Since I owe them only secondary allegiance to the government of my King and his God, but still I obey all of their laws which do not go against the laws of my God and King.

How does that make me a traitor?

Traitor to whom?

The only government I can possibly be a traitor to is that of my King and his God.

Therefore your accusation is absolutely false, since I am not part of this world in obedience to my God and King.

That is why, as the saying goes, there are no British JWs, no American JWs, no French JW, because once they become JWs they owe their allegiance to Their heavenly Government. because of that they are no longer American by anything other than birth, they are part of Christ's and his father's new global nation.

Acts 15:14
14 Symeon has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.

King James Version Ac 15:14
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

American Standard Version Ac 15:14
14 Symeon hath rehearsed how first God visited the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

Byington Ac 15:14
14 Symeon has given the account of how God first deigned to take out of the foreigners a people for his name.

JWs are the people for Jehovah's name. Simple as.

They are the nation Jesus foretold at Mt 21:43
New World Translation (Study Edition) Mt 21:43
43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.

King James Version Mt 21:43
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

American Standard Version Mt 21:43
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Byington Mt 21:43
43 I tell you accordingly, the Reign of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that produces its fruits."

That is the nation to which al who follow Christ owe their allegiance, not any human nation.

I have YET to comprehend exactly how the JW's can utilize the military on a local level, i. e. call the police, while at the same time objecting to the military on a national level.

Your comment is ironic considering the number of times they are criticised for not involving the Police! I fact the only reason they ever involve them is because they need the evidence only the Police can provide, for instance in rape or abuse cases, and even then they only utilise the Police if they can persuade the victim to speak out.

They do not utilise the military.

For one thing the Police are not military. The are purely a local force.

However I believe that to what small extent they do use them it comes under the heading of what Paul called "making use of the world, but not to the full".

After all, Jehovah allows them to exist for the time being, why should he not expect them to play their role as part of "God"s minister to you for your good".

NWT Reference Bible Ro 13:4
4 for it is God"s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear: for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword; for it is God"s minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad.

King James Version Ro 13:4
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

American Standard Version Ro 13:4
4 for he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is a minister of God, an avenger for wrath to him that doeth evil.

Byington Ro 13:4
4 for it is to you an agent of God"s for the good. But if you do the bad, do be afraid, for it is not for nothing he wears his sword; for he is an avenging agent of God"s for anger to him who commits the bad deed;

After all, despite the fact that their time is up, Jehovah is allowing them their authority util his son's Kingdom is complete. Why should he not therefore expect something back from them?

For another when the JWs hold a large convention they are required by law to have it policed. If they were not they would not trouble the Police force but would take care of their own.

No Anna, as you have revealed it is you who is the hypocrite since as is so often the case you have claimed to be Christian but can't be bothered to live as one, and refuse to obey either Christ or his father..

The JWs claim it, and also live accordingly, obeying the smallest command as fully as they can.

That is why they have Jehovah's favour, and his approval. That is why he allows them to bear his name. They are the people for his name (Acts 15:4), why should he not grant them that name?
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:20:16 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
There is nothing good about anything attributed to the god of the Bible, most humans are far better.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 7:48:08 AM
At 5/15/2016 7:20:16 AM, tarantula wrote:
There is nothing good about anything attributed to the god of the Bible, most humans are far better.

Which just proves how little you know about what the Bible really teaches us about Jehovah.

You really are so full of venom and hate aren't you.

After all you have no other reason to even be on here but to spew your bile.

You certainly don;t do anything else.

I deeply pity you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 8:25:07 AM
Christ didn't tell us to get out of this world,
Then what do you call this?
Christ said we must be no part of this world,
Simpleton!
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 8:59:19 AM
At 5/15/2016 7:48:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Which just proves how little you know about what the Bible really teaches us about Jehovah.

I deeply pity you.

Have you ever read the Bible without the JW cult at your back, and rose tinted specs? The god featured therein is very nasty and uses humans like pawns if the stories about it were true.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 10:46:59 AM
At 5/15/2016 8:59:19 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 5/15/2016 7:48:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I deeply pity you.

Have you ever read the Bible without the JW cult at your back, and rose tinted specs? The god featured therein is very nasty and uses humans like pawns if the stories about it were true.

Yes. I spent many a happy hours as a child reading my Mothers pocket edition of the New International Version "New Testament", imagining myself in the sandals of various of the "characters" including the writers of the letters.

That was 20 years before I had even herd of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I was brought up CoE, attended Hereford Cathedral Preparatory School, and a Baptist Sunday School.

However despite those influences it soon became apparent to me, obvious even, just how far they were from the truth of what scripture actually teaches.

I studied evolution up to the point where it stopped making any sense whatever to me and obviously mis-used the evidence it found.

At one time I even tried to rationalise the evolution theory with Genesis 1.

At one point, at the age of 15, I even become what I thought was atheistic. I had such a nasty shock that it turned my whole world upside down, and made me very anti-god for a few years, until I realised how dub I was being denying the obvious and blaming God for the stupidity of humans.

The first time a JW ever knocked on my door, I was completely unreceptive. After all, who actually wants to be a JW? They have such a bad rep, right?

However one day I learned what they really teach, and reading the list in the small tract I was given I realised that I had actually found what I had been looking for, on and off, for 30 years, and what was worse found it precisely where I didn't want to!

Unfortunately the way I came cross it caused me a completely new set of problems and had me arguing with myself for about 4 years as to whether or not I really had found what I was looking for.

After 4 years of agonising I decided there was only one way to be sure. Study with them and test what they teach out thoroughly.

Everything they taught either fitted in completely with what I had already gleaned from my own studies of the Bible, or were absolutely impossible to disprove from any of the numerous different translation I bought in my attempts to test it out.

The prophetic aspects of scripture also stood up to any test I could throw at them, including spending time in the British Museum studying the bible trail in there.

So at the age of 35, in October 1984, I swallowed the bitter pill and got baptised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It hasn't been easy, but despite that I cannot deny the absolute truth of it.

Not that they have all the truth - yet, but they do have all the truth Jehovah has currently released to us, and they are his people, simple as.

It really is that simple. No-one wants to be a Jehovah's Witness, and yet every year more take that step.

True many also fall out again, but then Christ made no bones about how difficult serving him was likely to be (read Matthew 10).

As that chapter explains, when you come onto Christ's team you will lose friends, and will most likely lose family, and as he said elsewhere, because of him this world will hate you. It loves those who belong to it, but hates to lose any to Jehovah's Kingdom under his son the Christ.

No, as Matthew 10 makes very clear wimps need to apply because they won't last 5 minutes, hence so many cannot "endure to the end" and fall away again.

Can you face being unpopular, even hated by some?

To become a true Christian you have to be prepared to be.

It is more than worth it though.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 10:55:23 AM
At 5/15/2016 8:25:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
Christ didn't tell us to get out of this world,
Then what do you call this?
Christ said we must be no part of this world,
Simpleton!

I call that being in the world but not being part of it, just as Christ did.

John 17:5-16
15 "I do not request that you take them out of the world, but that you watch over them because of the wicked one. 16 They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

Can you understand that?

It s impossible to be completely out of the world. Wherever we live we are in secondary subjection to the government of that land.

In effect we are "Alien residents in lands not our own. Just as Abraham was.

We pay their taxes and social levies without quibble or complaint, and that entitles us to the benefits they provide.

However, as "alien residents" we do not support them in any other way. We do not vote, we do not belong to their political parties, nor do we demonstrate or strike, since it is none of our business, our business is simply to obey any of their laws which do not contradicts God's laws. we don;t try to tell them how to run their nation, even if it affects us adversely, we only ask that we be allowed to obey our God, because we will, no matter what they say.

Thus whilst being in the world we are no part of it, and when this world is destroyed we will be all that is left.