Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Hidden Secrets in "The Last Supper"

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 4:44:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
This painting of the last supper was done by the legendary Leonardo Da Vinci. He started the painting in the year 1495 and completed it in 1498. That"s just a brief history of the painting though.

I know quite a number of people must have watched or read the famous "Da-Vinci"s Code" by Dan Brown. The issue to be discussed today pertains to the popular painting of the legendary, secretive and mysterious "Da-Vinci" himself. If I remember vividly, in the movie.. when Professor Langdon and Sophie went up to Sir Leigh Teabing"s house, Teabing displayed a slideshow where he crops out the image of "Mary Madgalene" at the right hand of the image on Jesus which looks originally distorted and bent to the right and then moves the cropped image over to the left hand side of the "image" of Jesus and also read from the Epistle of Philip something which I shall mention later on in this article.

I"m not so good at critical analysis but looking at the pictures above, you would agree with me that the edited one having the "image" of the woman by the left of Jesus makes more sense contrary to the other one. Now, apart from the physical justification of the image, notice how the "image" of Mary fits perfectly at the other side, with her head resting on Jesus"s shoulder and look" The matching dress. Red and Blue". No one else in that picture is dressed the same way and only someone extremely close to Jesus would have the opportunity to dress that way. If you ask me, only couples wear matching dresses this way.

In my own opinion, this painting possesses so many hidden meanings yet to be found out. One more thing I observed, look at the facial expressions of all the disciples there. They are "supposed" to be in a mood different from what I see considering the fact that they were having their last supper with their master who was soon going to be crucified. I see spite, possibly gossips about the fact that a lady was supposedly their master"s favourite.

From an excerpt of the gospel of Philip, we found something very interesting" He said "But Christ loved her more than all the disciples and used to kiss her often on the mouth. The rest of the disciples were offended by it." There"s so much I"d have loved to write about but I"ll love you all to read it in this Dan Brown"s "Secret of the Da Vinci code". You can download it HERE . I intend to cause no controversy but judging by all these and the fact that "Mary Madgalene" happened to be the closest female to Jesus Christ, being with him all the way to the cross and being the first to get to the tomb after He ressurected". That to me, is more than close.

Some little excerpts you should notice from the original painting of "The Last Supper"

A knife hangs in the air, seemingly tinged with symbolic meaning, as it is dissociated from the rest of the image.
In The Da Vinci Code, Sir Leigh Teabing suggests that the character to Jesus"s right, generally thought to be John, is really female not male. This idea is that this is Leonard"s vision of Mary Madgalene, sitting in the most important place next to Jesus.
Peter"s hand, slicing through the air in a menacing way in "Mary Madgalene"s" direction, could be a gesture reinforcing Peter"s rivalry with Mary Madgalene for the control of Jesus"s movement after his death, and Peter"s jealousy over the important place in the movement Jesus may have given to Mary.
The 90-degree-angle space between Jesus and "Mary Madgalene" suggests a "V"-said in The Da Vinci Code to be the archetypal symbol of the chalice, the vagina, the womb, and the female sexuality.
The line that outlines Jesus and "Mary Madgalene" traces the shape of an "M". According to another argument advanced in The Da Vinci Code, again by Teabing, this "M" could connote either Mary Madgalene or Matrimony.
At the centre of the painting, the garments worn by Jesus and "Mary" are mirror images of each other"s red and blue fabrics.
The blue colour denotes spiritual love, fidelity and trurh. Red and Blue are seen as the royal colours, in this case possibly suggesting the "royal blood" theme and the alignment of the royal House of Benjamin (from which Mary is said to be descended) and the House of David (from which Jesus is said to be descended).
There is no central chalice or wine goblet in The Last Supper despite the popular preconception that there is. Instead, each person at the table has a small glass cup of his/her own. The Da Vinci Code jokes that Leonardo somehow seems to have forgotten to paint The Holy Grail itself.
So, guys these are just excerpts from what I can remember and have read from the movie "The Da Vinci Code" and the ebook "Secrets of The Da Vinci Code". Kindly share your thoughts, observations, contadictions, additions, subtractions" Whatever you got". Thanks