Jump to topic:

Proof that Christianity has stolen material

20Paws
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 2:45:47 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
If one looks closely into Christian writings, one can clearly see evidence that the events and figures depicted within are not the original results of inspiration, but rather things which have been stolen (and often altered) from earlier texts. Christians cannot truly claim that their religion is the result of divine inspiration, as a true god would have no need to copy what has been written many times earlier. If you want to see proof of this theory, I found http://exposingchristianity.org... to be a helpful source.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 4:47:25 PM
At 5/16/2016 2:45:47 PM, 20Paws wrote:
If one looks closely into Christian writings, one can clearly see evidence that the events and figures depicted within are not the original results of inspiration, but rather things which have been stolen (and often altered) from earlier texts. Christians cannot truly claim that their religion is the result of divine inspiration, as a true god would have no need to copy what has been written many times earlier. If you want to see proof of this theory, I found http://exposingchristianity.org... to be a helpful source.

You do understand that Christianity is a part of a religion that is 5,000 years old right?....
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 6:26:08 PM

It is only a helpful source to those not particularly interested in truth.

However much of Christianity, in fact all of it between the end if the 1st century and the middle of the 19th bore little or o relationship to what was taught and practised in the 1st century.

There are indeed many things dragged into false Christianity from many years before Christ, sometimes even thousands of years before.

A few instances:

The Christmas Tree. Originally what is known in that way, as well as the Yule log, originated with the worship of Nimrod in Babylon. Semiramis, Nimrod's mother, on the day of Nimrod's death burned a log in symbol of his death and overnight had a decorated tree erected to symbolise his resurrection to heaven as King. This was the start of "Natalis Invecti" The unconquered sun", as festival which has, since the 4th century or thereabouts been incorporated into the false "Christmas" celebrations.

Hot Cross Buns. If you go to the British Museum, and down not its Assyrian Section, you will see a wall frieze of a procession to Astarte, a fertility goddess, whose worship included both male and female temple prostitution. In Babylon the same Goddess was known as Ishtar, both names are remarkably similar to the name "Easter". If you look closely at that procession you will see priests carrying trays on which there are small round cakes with crosses on the top. Yes Hot Cross buns have no connection with the true faith and pre-date it by centuries. (Easter eggs and Easter bunnies are also based on the fertility aspects of Babylonian and Assyrian worship, after all we all know what they say about rabbits).

I could go on. The list of things dragged not what became known as Christianity (it was only known as such to opposers in the 1st century) is very long indeed, and there is not one celebration in the Modern Church which has not been thoroughly polluted.

That is why the JWs were crated by Jehovah under his son's guidance. They were needed in order to return the faithful to true worship, just as Christ needed to do the same in the 1st century.,
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:05:04 PM

One could as well claim that others have copied from Jews and Christians.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:24:49 PM

Here's another possibility...

God has been trying to reach us throughout the millennia. Over the years, we have begun to understand more and more of what was going to happen within salvation history. So, over the years, we've gotten more and more right. That would explain any similarities between earlier and later texts.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 12:00:55 PM

You may be right. I watched a movie the other day where a man had three daughters! I have 3 daughters! The writer of the movie must have stolen that from my life story!

Shame on Christianity!

And on that script writer too.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 12:21:30 PM
At 5/18/2016 12:00:55 PM, ethang5 wrote:

You may be right. I watched a movie the other day where a man had three daughters! I have 3 daughters! The writer of the movie must have stolen that from my life story!

Shame on Christianity!

So you're saying that plagiarising is not a thing? That I should be able to release Elvis Presley songs and claim I invented them? There is a difference between plagiarising and coincidence, especially that coincidence you just wrote. Your family case has been had by like 2% of all humans who ever existed.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 2:31:11 PM
At 5/18/2016 12:21:30 PM, Jovian wrote:

Shame on Christianity!

So you're saying that plagiarising is not a thing?

The OP said "proof" that Christianity has stolen material. What is his "proof"? That other stories are similar. Do you know of any human story that isn't "similar" to some others? He made a silly logical leap from a story being similar, to that being "proof" that plagiarism had taken place.

Now I ridicule his illogic, and you interpret that as me saying there is no such thing as plagiarism. Egad.

That I should be able to release Elvis Presley songs and claim I invented them?

When you come back down to logic I will be here waiting for you.

There is a difference between plagiarising and coincidence,....

Yes. And one should be able to show that difference instead of simply assuming it.

Your family case has been had by like 2% of all humans who ever existed.

Yeah, just like most of the stories in the Bible! The Bible is a history of Human societies. And even it says, "there is nothing new under the sun."

Similarity =/= plagerism

Not to thinking people anyway. Perhaps 20paws should trade some of those paws in for a few brain cells?
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 2:54:54 PM
At 5/18/2016 2:31:11 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 5/18/2016 12:21:30 PM, Jovian wrote:

Shame on Christianity!

So you're saying that plagiarising is not a thing?

The OP said "proof" that Christianity has stolen material. What is his "proof"? That other stories are similar. Do you know of any human story that isn't "similar" to some others? He made a silly logical leap from a story being similar, to that being "proof" that plagiarism had taken place.

Now I ridicule his illogic, and you interpret that as me saying there is no such thing as plagiarism. Egad.

That I should be able to release Elvis Presley songs and claim I invented them?

When you come back down to logic I will be here waiting for you.

There is a difference between plagiarising and coincidence,....

Yes. And one should be able to show that difference instead of simply assuming it.

Your family case has been had by like 2% of all humans who ever existed.

Yeah, just like most of the stories in the Bible! The Bible is a history of Human societies. And even it says, "there is nothing new under the sun."

Similarity =/= plagerism

Not to thinking people anyway. Perhaps 20paws should trade some of those paws in for a few brain cells?

I've read about the ancient stories resembling the biblical ones. Like a similar Adam & Eve story originating from zoroastric scriptures, and a similar story about the flood from the Gilgamesh Epic, both of the scriptrues originating from 2000-1500 BC. Both of those scriptures are together with the Bible originating from the Fertile Crescent. Thus I assume all of those scriptures to have inspired each other.

However, it would be interesting to see how folklore and scriptures from pre-colonisation Americas and Australia differs from all the folklore and religions originating from the Fertile Crescent. Do they have similar stories? And if so, could you explain this by a god giving them inspiration to this, or maybe some kind of collective human natural mentality?

If I should make a wild guess, what those cultures' beliefs share together with those from the Fertile Crescent would be much, but not enough. They probably have stories of ghosts, a universal justice which punishes the evil, destiny. All of those are widely possesed by even atheists and agnostics, and all of those have quite good explanations to why they've risen up in the first place. For example the belief in a destiny, that is basically a wishful thinking when people connect with people who they wish to spend their entire lives with.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 2:59:39 PM
At 5/16/2016 4:47:25 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

You do understand that Christianity is a part of a religion that is 5,000 years old right?....

But jebus was only invented 2,000 years ago.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:45:56 PM
At 5/18/2016 2:59:39 PM, desmac wrote:

And was the fulfillment of what?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:54:00 PM
At 5/18/2016 4:45:56 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Joseph and Mary's pre-marital sex.
ViceRegent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:56:26 PM

Wow, I am blow away by the depth and breath of this argument. All those examples he cites. Wow.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:58:15 PM
At 5/18/2016 4:54:00 PM, desmac wrote:

Or the Old Testament that goes back to the beginning...don't tell anyone though...shhh...

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:00:49 PM
At 5/18/2016 4:58:15 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Or the Old Testament that goes back to the beginning...don't tell anyone though...shhh...

The old testament predicted that a carpenter would knock up an teenage girl?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:10:14 PM
At 5/18/2016 5:00:49 PM, desmac wrote:

Mary was His human mother. You'll have to quote her age chapter and verse so we don't get you for lying. Hint. It doesn't say. I'd go look to make sure though.

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:46:28 PM
At 5/18/2016 5:10:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/18/2016 5:00:49 PM, desmac wrote:

Mary was His human mother. You'll have to quote her age chapter and verse so we don't get you for lying. Hint. It doesn't say. I'd go look to make sure though.

will do. can you tell me her father's name, as all females were property of their father until they were married off or sold into slavery.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:30:16 AM
At 5/16/2016 6:26:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

It is only a helpful source to those not particularly interested in truth.

However much of Christianity, in fact all of it between the end if the 1st century and the middle of the 19th bore little or o relationship to what was taught and practised in the 1st century.

There are indeed many things dragged into false Christianity from many years before Christ, sometimes even thousands of years before.

A few instances:

The Christmas Tree. Originally what is known in that way, as well as the Yule log, originated with the worship of Nimrod in Babylon. Semiramis, Nimrod's mother, on the day of Nimrod's death burned a log in symbol of his death and overnight had a decorated tree erected to symbolise his resurrection to heaven as King. This was the start of "Natalis Invecti" The unconquered sun", as festival which has, since the 4th century or thereabouts been incorporated into the false "Christmas" celebrations.

Hot Cross Buns. If you go to the British Museum, and down not its Assyrian Section, you will see a wall frieze of a procession to Astarte, a fertility goddess, whose worship included both male and female temple prostitution. In Babylon the same Goddess was known as Ishtar, both names are remarkably similar to the name "Easter". If you look closely at that procession you will see priests carrying trays on which there are small round cakes with crosses on the top. Yes Hot Cross buns have no connection with the true faith and pre-date it by centuries. (Easter eggs and Easter bunnies are also based on the fertility aspects of Babylonian and Assyrian worship, after all we all know what they say about rabbits).

I could go on. The list of things dragged not what became known as Christianity (it was only known as such to opposers in the 1st century) is very long indeed, and there is not one celebration in the Modern Church which has not been thoroughly polluted.

That is why the JWs were crated by Jehovah under his son's guidance. They were needed in order to return the faithful to true worship, just as Christ needed to do the same in the 1st century.,
So your god didn't give a fck about his message until the wankers turned up?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 2:16:14 PM
At 5/18/2016 2:54:54 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:31:11 PM, ethang5 wrote:

However, it would be interesting to see how folklore and scriptures from pre-colonisation Americas and Australia differs from all the folklore and religions originating from the Fertile Crescent. Do they have similar stories?

Depends on whether the similarity aids the atheist or hinders him. Atheists tend to be able to argue both sides of an issue depending on which spin they need at the moment.

And if so, could you explain this by a god giving them inspiration to this, or maybe some kind of collective human natural mentality?

Similarity does not necessarily imply a connection. Men live. They die. The same things happens over and over. All human stories have similarities.

If I should make a wild guess, what those cultures' beliefs share together with those from the Fertile Crescent would be much, but not enough.

"Enough" for what? To pass the self-serving standard you've set up? When you want your mind blown, explore the differences. Amazing.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 9:09:51 PM

yet at a time that religions believed that the earth travelled on the back of a turtle, elephant or on the back of a strong man the bible says it was suspended in the heavens on nothing... pretty inspired..

the bible also says the oceans are fed from springs in the very bottom of the oceans, something that was not verified untill the 70's when we had the technology, pretty inspired again...
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 9:19:01 PM

These copycat claims have been refuted many times, but one chooses what they wish to, or prefer to believe.