Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

The flood

Graygamer
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction.
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 2:44:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction.
There was no flood to be coincidental with.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 2:46:16 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction.

No global flood and if we do melt the ice caps, it still won't cover nearly all the land mass of the world. Nothing to be coincidental with.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 2:56:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction.

Man can achieve the same destructive levels as gods?
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 2:59:27 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction. : :

Why do you believe man has anything to do with global warming?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 3:54:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction.

No I don't.

Revelation 11:18 speaks of the time when we are destroying our own planet, or at least making it incapable of supporting life.

Christ also spoke of the same thing in relation to the approach of the end, Armageddon.

Matthew 24:21, 22
21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world"s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

No, it is no coincidence.

Nor is it any coincidence that we started heading down that road around the same tme Satan was cast down to the earth.

Revelation 12:10-12
10 I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
"Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11 And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12 On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time."

Nope no coincidence at all.

Jehovah left it this long to cast Satan out of heaven because his spending so much time there was drawing his attention off us until the right amount of time had passed for his son to start preparing for Armageddon. Now he is cast down here he has only us to concentrate so he can put ll his energies into making us destroy ourselves.

Hence the acceleration in our so-called advancements most of which have simply added to the problems.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:22:59 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 3:08:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
It's the lava.

The lava heating the earth from below, and the CO2 keeping the heat in increasingly.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:26:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 2:59:27 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction. : :

Why do you believe man has anything to do with global warming?

The evidence.

We are not the basic cause of it but we are certainly adding to it with excessive CO2 production, and also by cutting down trees excessively, amongst other things.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:26:48 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 2:56:22 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction.

Man can achieve the same destructive levels as gods?

Yeah, and God can use our suicidal tendencies.
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 4:29:57 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 4:26:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:59:27 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction. : :

Why do you believe man has anything to do with global warming?

The evidence.

We are not the basic cause of it but we are certainly adding to it with excessive CO2 production, and also by cutting down trees excessively, amongst other things. : :

Man isn't the creator of anything. Our Creator is the one who created everything we perceive, not man.
roun12
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 5:57:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 4:29:57 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 4:26:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:59:27 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction. : :

Why do you believe man has anything to do with global warming?

The evidence.

We are not the basic cause of it but we are certainly adding to it with excessive CO2 production, and also by cutting down trees excessively, amongst other things. : :

Man isn't the creator of anything. Our Creator is the one who created everything we perceive, not man.

So, you think global warming has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of trees we're cutting down and the amount of pollutants we're putting into the air?
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 11:36:34 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 5:57:32 PM, roun12 wrote:
At 5/18/2016 4:29:57 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 4:26:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:59:27 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction. : :

Why do you believe man has anything to do with global warming?

The evidence.

We are not the basic cause of it but we are certainly adding to it with excessive CO2 production, and also by cutting down trees excessively, amongst other things. : :

Man isn't the creator of anything. Our Creator is the one who created everything we perceive, not man.

So, you think global warming has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of trees we're cutting down and the amount of pollutants we're putting into the air? : :

It appears that way in some minds but not in all minds. If global warming causes you fear, then it's because you don't understand why God created that illusion.
roun12
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 11:21:44 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 11:36:34 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 5:57:32 PM, roun12 wrote:
At 5/18/2016 4:29:57 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 4:26:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:59:27 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction. : :

Why do you believe man has anything to do with global warming?

The evidence.

We are not the basic cause of it but we are certainly adding to it with excessive CO2 production, and also by cutting down trees excessively, amongst other things. : :

Man isn't the creator of anything. Our Creator is the one who created everything we perceive, not man.

So, you think global warming has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of trees we're cutting down and the amount of pollutants we're putting into the air? : :

It appears that way in some minds but not in all minds. If global warming causes you fear, then it's because you don't understand why God created that illusion.

So is all this evidence from NASA an illusion too? http://climate.nasa.gov...
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 11:47:35 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 11:21:44 AM, roun12 wrote:
At 5/18/2016 11:36:34 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 5:57:32 PM, roun12 wrote:
At 5/18/2016 4:29:57 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 4:26:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:59:27 PM, bonsai wrote:
At 5/18/2016 2:39:51 PM, Graygamer wrote:
Anyone else think that it's a coincidence that God made the flood and promised to never make a flood again and global warming, we're causing our own mass extinction. : :

Why do you believe man has anything to do with global warming?

The evidence.

We are not the basic cause of it but we are certainly adding to it with excessive CO2 production, and also by cutting down trees excessively, amongst other things. : :

Man isn't the creator of anything. Our Creator is the one who created everything we perceive, not man.

So, you think global warming has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of trees we're cutting down and the amount of pollutants we're putting into the air? : :

It appears that way in some minds but not in all minds. If global warming causes you fear, then it's because you don't understand why God created that illusion.

So is all this evidence from NASA an illusion too? http://climate.nasa.gov... : :

Yes. Everything we experience in our minds is an illusion that is formed from the processing of information. Information is stored as invisible wavelengths. One wavelength is like a 0 and a 1 in computer binary code. This means that one wavelength could have been used to operate all our computers today. When a computer processor reads 0's and 1's that is basically like turning on and off a light switch but not completely on or off. This causes vibrations ( frequencies ) that have to be converted before being stored on various memory banks.

If you think of everything that you experience with your created senses as vibrations ( information being processed ), then you can understand how these vibrations can be formed into particles that form patterns that when sized to the right dimensions, we can observe defined objects but only as an illusion. Without the frequencies called light, we wouldn't be able to observe anything.