Total Posts:138|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christians!!!

POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didnt know what was the holy ghost.
Never fart near dog
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 6:43:33 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

the giants of christianity who wrote and preached the religion to reach us namely the church fathers didnt really know what the holy ghost was and u know. great. at least u have more sense than most of christians who say he is God.
Never fart near dog
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 7:37:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

They you are baptized in the name of God, then in the name of a lesser god who isn't God at all, then in the name of a force like gravity. Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 7:41:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God.

The last part of that last sentence in incorrect. The Holy Spirit was considered to be a person, or personality, and was considered be a part of the godhead well before the council.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 7:53:35 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 6:43:33 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

the giants of christianity who wrote and preached the religion to reach us namely the church fathers didnt really know what the holy ghost was and u know. great. at least u have more sense than most of christians who say he is God.

Yes, of course I know, thanks to Jehovah and his son the Christ. unlike the church fathers who were completely apostate, I actually get the privilege of spirit doing precisely what it is supposed to do. Helping me preach the truth .
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 8:10:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 7:37:21 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

They you are baptized in the name of God, then in the name of a lesser god who isn't God at all, then in the name of a force like gravity. Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28.

Not quite right.

Matthew 28:19
19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

The first thing to notice is that the passage does not give the names of any of them.

The meaning is simple and two-fold.

The baptiser baptises in the authority given them by all three (assuming it has been given them).

The baptisee recognises the truth about who ad what they are, and their relative roles in our salvation.

Basically, as scripture says:

Salvation comes from Jehovah.

Through Christ.

By means of holy spirit.

Holy spirit is nothing like Gravity, wish only has one use.

Holy spirit is Jehovah's power right enough, and can be used to carry out such delicate "surgery" as transforming one of Mary's eggs into the flesh of Jesus, or part the Red Sea over a two mile front, or even cause the sun to "appear to stand still in the sky for almost a whole day" over the plains of Aijalon.

As Paul points it can even be used t communicate with humans and without it's admittedly limited protection mankind would have destroyed itself long ago under Satan's influence.

All the baptism "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit" means is that we recognise their roe in our lives, which if course you do not do so your baptism was invalid.

After all we know for certain God's name, Jehovah.

We only have scriptural hints that the one who came to earth to become Jesus was originally called Michael, though we do know he is now known as Jesus.

Holy spirit is never given a name at all, so in the name of it is the equivalent of "in the name of the law" or in the name of peace" etc..

It's all in the Bible if you ever bother to read it properly, all of it.

As scripture assures us, whilst there are many known as gods, for instance the one who is now known as the Christ, and all the angels, there is only one true God and that is Jehovah. The Bible leaves us in no doubt about that even if you choose to ignore what it teaches as you do anything else that doesn't suit you.

I acknowledge the truth of exactly who and what God Christ and holy spirit are, as well as their roles in the lives of all servants of Jehovah and his son.

You do not, and that is just the start of all your problems.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 8:15:41 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 7:41:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God.

The last part of that last sentence in incorrect. The Holy Spirit was considered to be a person, or personality, and was considered be a part of the godhead well before the council.

No it is not incorrect.

Scripture does not show it to be a person, and the Apostles never spoke of it as a person.

Personalising something in scripture does not mean it is a person. If it did then you would have to include blood, water, wisdom, and the ground.

Every one of this is personalised, given human characteristics, in scripture, Just as holy spirit is.

As always your argumentation falls flat at the feet of scripture.
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 10:23:18 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.
There was no bible for the first 300yrs.
The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.
Nuthin up ma sleeve
Holy spirit isn't even a being.
Neither are all the other fictional characters in your funny book
It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.
And now he claims that the Catholic bible is wrong, there goes your cult down the shitter.
Talk about dumb.
Yep
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 11:14:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 8:10:22 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:37:21 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

They you are baptized in the name of God, then in the name of a lesser god who isn't God at all, then in the name of a force like gravity. Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28.

Not quite right.

Matthew 28:19
19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

The first thing to notice is that the passage does not give the names of any of them.

The meaning is simple and two-fold.

The baptiser baptises in the authority given them by all three (assuming it has been given them).

The baptisee recognises the truth about who ad what they are, and their relative roles in our salvation.

Basically, as scripture says:

Salvation comes from Jehovah.

Through Christ.

By means of holy spirit.

Holy spirit is nothing like Gravity, wish only has one use.

Holy spirit is Jehovah's power right enough, and can be used to carry out such delicate "surgery" as transforming one of Mary's eggs into the flesh of Jesus, or part the Red Sea over a two mile front, or even cause the sun to "appear to stand still in the sky for almost a whole day" over the plains of Aijalon.

As Paul points it can even be used t communicate with humans and without it's admittedly limited protection mankind would have destroyed itself long ago under Satan's influence.

All the baptism "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit" means is that we recognise their roe in our lives, which if course you do not do so your baptism was invalid.

After all we know for certain God's name, Jehovah.

We only have scriptural hints that the one who came to earth to become Jesus was originally called Michael, though we do know he is now known as Jesus.

Holy spirit is never given a name at all, so in the name of it is the equivalent of "in the name of the law" or in the name of peace" etc..

It's all in the Bible if you ever bother to read it properly, all of it.

As scripture assures us, whilst there are many known as gods, for instance the one who is now known as the Christ, and all the angels, there is only one true God and that is Jehovah. The Bible leaves us in no doubt about that even if you choose to ignore what it teaches as you do anything else that doesn't suit you.

I acknowledge the truth of exactly who and what God Christ and holy spirit are, as well as their roles in the lives of all servants of Jehovah and his son.

You do not, and that is just the start of all your problems.

The question was, "Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28." According to you, "in the name of" simply means "by the authority of", correct?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 11:16:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 8:15:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:41:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God.

The last part of that last sentence in incorrect. The Holy Spirit was considered to be a person, or personality, and was considered be a part of the godhead well before the council.

No it is not incorrect.

Yep, it is very correct. Will you take the position that "church 'fathers' ... never wrote anything about the Holy Spirit being God?" After all, that's what I disagreed with. Certainly they did!
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 8:50:19 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 11:16:22 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 8:15:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:41:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God.

The last part of that last sentence in incorrect. The Holy Spirit was considered to be a person, or personality, and was considered be a part of the godhead well before the council.

No it is not incorrect.

Yep, it is very correct. Will you take the position that "church 'fathers' ... never wrote anything about the Holy Spirit being God?" After all, that's what I disagreed with. Certainly they did!

Not in the least incorrect.

I do not take such a position, but the truth is that the early "Church fathers" were, to a man, apostate, part of the foretold apostasy that took complete hold, as prophesied, after the death of the last Apostle.

There is not one suggestion in scripture that holy spirit is God, and it wasn't included in official church teaching until the last half of the 4th century.

One of the problems of the Apostasy is that it turned the Church into a "house divided" with no "Apostles and Older Men" left to keep it united in it's teaching.

The "Apostles and Older Men in Jerusalem" were the only thing keeping the Congregations united and preventing division. Once they were gone, the was nothing standing in the way of the Apostasy, precisely as Paul said it would be. Hence the apostasy spread like Skunk cabbage ad choked out the word.

It has only become more and more divided as time has gone on, leading to thousands of sects and divisions in this time of the end.

Hence today's Governing Body, a group of spirit anointed men and helpers who keep the JWs united.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 8:51:40 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 11:14:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 8:10:22 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:37:21 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

They you are baptized in the name of God, then in the name of a lesser god who isn't God at all, then in the name of a force like gravity. Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28.

Not quite right.

Matthew 28:19
19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

The first thing to notice is that the passage does not give the names of any of them.

The meaning is simple and two-fold.

The baptiser baptises in the authority given them by all three (assuming it has been given them).

The baptisee recognises the truth about who ad what they are, and their relative roles in our salvation.

Basically, as scripture says:

Salvation comes from Jehovah.

Through Christ.

By means of holy spirit.

Holy spirit is nothing like Gravity, wish only has one use.

Holy spirit is Jehovah's power right enough, and can be used to carry out such delicate "surgery" as transforming one of Mary's eggs into the flesh of Jesus, or part the Red Sea over a two mile front, or even cause the sun to "appear to stand still in the sky for almost a whole day" over the plains of Aijalon.

As Paul points it can even be used t communicate with humans and without it's admittedly limited protection mankind would have destroyed itself long ago under Satan's influence.

All the baptism "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit" means is that we recognise their roe in our lives, which if course you do not do so your baptism was invalid.

After all we know for certain God's name, Jehovah.

We only have scriptural hints that the one who came to earth to become Jesus was originally called Michael, though we do know he is now known as Jesus.

Holy spirit is never given a name at all, so in the name of it is the equivalent of "in the name of the law" or in the name of peace" etc..

It's all in the Bible if you ever bother to read it properly, all of it.

As scripture assures us, whilst there are many known as gods, for instance the one who is now known as the Christ, and all the angels, there is only one true God and that is Jehovah. The Bible leaves us in no doubt about that even if you choose to ignore what it teaches as you do anything else that doesn't suit you.

I acknowledge the truth of exactly who and what God Christ and holy spirit are, as well as their roles in the lives of all servants of Jehovah and his son.

You do not, and that is just the start of all your problems.

The question was, "Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28." According to you, "in the name of" simply means "by the authority of", correct?

Since holy spirit has no name that is all it can mean. That is why it is the same water baptism for anointed and others alike.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 8:54:29 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 8:50:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 11:16:22 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 8:15:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:41:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God.

The last part of that last sentence in incorrect. The Holy Spirit was considered to be a person, or personality, and was considered be a part of the godhead well before the council.

No it is not incorrect.

Yep, it is very correct. Will you take the position that "church 'fathers' ... never wrote anything about the Holy Spirit being God?" After all, that's what I disagreed with. Certainly they did!

Not in the least incorrect.

I do not take such a position, but the truth is that the early "Church fathers" were, to a man, apostate, part of the foretold apostasy that took complete hold, as prophesied, after the death of the last Apostle.

Then you stuck your nose in without even reading the posts. It doesn't matter whether the church "fathers" were right or wrong. The fact is that some of them DID teach that the Holy Spirit is in fact God. The person to whom I was responding said they didn't. Yeah, they did.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 8:56:03 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 8:51:40 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 11:14:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 8:10:22 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:37:21 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

They you are baptized in the name of God, then in the name of a lesser god who isn't God at all, then in the name of a force like gravity. Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28.

Not quite right.

Matthew 28:19
19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

The first thing to notice is that the passage does not give the names of any of them.

The meaning is simple and two-fold.

The baptiser baptises in the authority given them by all three (assuming it has been given them).

The baptisee recognises the truth about who ad what they are, and their relative roles in our salvation.

Basically, as scripture says:

Salvation comes from Jehovah.

Through Christ.

By means of holy spirit.

Holy spirit is nothing like Gravity, wish only has one use.

Holy spirit is Jehovah's power right enough, and can be used to carry out such delicate "surgery" as transforming one of Mary's eggs into the flesh of Jesus, or part the Red Sea over a two mile front, or even cause the sun to "appear to stand still in the sky for almost a whole day" over the plains of Aijalon.

As Paul points it can even be used t communicate with humans and without it's admittedly limited protection mankind would have destroyed itself long ago under Satan's influence.

All the baptism "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit" means is that we recognise their roe in our lives, which if course you do not do so your baptism was invalid.

After all we know for certain God's name, Jehovah.

We only have scriptural hints that the one who came to earth to become Jesus was originally called Michael, though we do know he is now known as Jesus.

Holy spirit is never given a name at all, so in the name of it is the equivalent of "in the name of the law" or in the name of peace" etc..

It's all in the Bible if you ever bother to read it properly, all of it.

As scripture assures us, whilst there are many known as gods, for instance the one who is now known as the Christ, and all the angels, there is only one true God and that is Jehovah. The Bible leaves us in no doubt about that even if you choose to ignore what it teaches as you do anything else that doesn't suit you.

I acknowledge the truth of exactly who and what God Christ and holy spirit are, as well as their roles in the lives of all servants of Jehovah and his son.

You do not, and that is just the start of all your problems.

The question was, "Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28." According to you, "in the name of" simply means "by the authority of", correct?

Since holy spirit has no name that is all it can mean. That is why it is the same water baptism for anointed and others alike.

That's all it could mean whether the Holy Spirit has a "name" or not. "In the name of" and "by the name of" generally simply means "by the authority of" just as it does in Matt 28.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 10:16:56 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 8:54:29 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/19/2016 8:50:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 11:16:22 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 8:15:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:41:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God.

The last part of that last sentence in incorrect. The Holy Spirit was considered to be a person, or personality, and was considered be a part of the godhead well before the council.

No it is not incorrect.

Yep, it is very correct. Will you take the position that "church 'fathers' ... never wrote anything about the Holy Spirit being God?" After all, that's what I disagreed with. Certainly they did!

Not in the least incorrect.

I do not take such a position, but the truth is that the early "Church fathers" were, to a man, apostate, part of the foretold apostasy that took complete hold, as prophesied, after the death of the last Apostle.

Then you stuck your nose in without even reading the posts. It doesn't matter whether the church "fathers" were right or wrong. The fact is that some of them DID teach that the Holy Spirit is in fact God. The person to whom I was responding said they didn't. Yeah, they did.

In that case I apologise.

Yes those now counted as Early Church fathers taught many wrong and contradictory things as a group because there were no Apostles and Older Men left in Jerusalem to control the teachings.

That's why the Governing Body was needed in this time of the end, just as it was in the 1st century, and wasn't needed in between.

The whole reason the Apostasy was allowed to flourish is that the time was not yet right for things to be brought back to what they should always have been, Christ was still sitting at his father's right hand waiting for his enemies in heaven to be cast down to his feet.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 11:34:29 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 8:51:40 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 11:14:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 8:10:22 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:37:21 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

They you are baptized in the name of God, then in the name of a lesser god who isn't God at all, then in the name of a force like gravity. Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28.

Not quite right.

Matthew 28:19
19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

The first thing to notice is that the passage does not give the names of any of them.

The meaning is simple and two-fold.

The baptiser baptises in the authority given them by all three (assuming it has been given them).

The baptisee recognises the truth about who ad what they are, and their relative roles in our salvation.

Basically, as scripture says:

Salvation comes from Jehovah.

Through Christ.

By means of holy spirit.

Holy spirit is nothing like Gravity, wish only has one use.

Holy spirit is Jehovah's power right enough, and can be used to carry out such delicate "surgery" as transforming one of Mary's eggs into the flesh of Jesus, or part the Red Sea over a two mile front, or even cause the sun to "appear to stand still in the sky for almost a whole day" over the plains of Aijalon.

As Paul points it can even be used t communicate with humans and without it's admittedly limited protection mankind would have destroyed itself long ago under Satan's influence.

All the baptism "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit" means is that we recognise their roe in our lives, which if course you do not do so your baptism was invalid.

After all we know for certain God's name, Jehovah.

We only have scriptural hints that the one who came to earth to become Jesus was originally called Michael, though we do know he is now known as Jesus.

Holy spirit is never given a name at all, so in the name of it is the equivalent of "in the name of the law" or in the name of peace" etc..

It's all in the Bible if you ever bother to read it properly, all of it.

As scripture assures us, whilst there are many known as gods, for instance the one who is now known as the Christ, and all the angels, there is only one true God and that is Jehovah. The Bible leaves us in no doubt about that even if you choose to ignore what it teaches as you do anything else that doesn't suit you.

I acknowledge the truth of exactly who and what God Christ and holy spirit are, as well as their roles in the lives of all servants of Jehovah and his son.

You do not, and that is just the start of all your problems.

The question was, "Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28." According to you, "in the name of" simply means "by the authority of", correct?

Since holy spirit has no name that is all it can mean. That is why it is the same water baptism for anointed and others alike.

Each member of the Trinity is God. The Father is God (John 6:27; Romans 1:7; 1 Peter 1:2). The Son is God (John 1:1, 14; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5:20). The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 3:16).
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 11:58:56 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.
Appeal to authority
so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didnt know what was the holy ghost.
How do you know who is best qualified? How does anyone anywhere know who is best qualified? How was it determined that there has to be someone who is best qualified? Besides an appeal to popular belief, can you prove who is best qualified or are you merely assuming they must be therefore they are?
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 12:03:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 11:58:56 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.
Appeal to authority
so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didnt know what was the holy ghost.
How do you know who is best qualified? How does anyone anywhere know who is best qualified? How was it determined that there has to be someone who is best qualified? Besides an appeal to popular belief, can you prove who is best qualified or are you merely assuming they must be therefore they are?

That would be religion, hahahaha
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 12:52:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didnt know what was the holy ghost.

Couldn't you ask why any organizations beliefs have changed over time?

Why is it that the United States used To be okay with slavery, but now it isn't?

I'm not sure what the question is meant to accomplish. People change their beliefs as they acquire new information, as culture changes, as newbideals are formed.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 1:32:30 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 12:52:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didnt know what was the holy ghost.

Couldn't you ask why any organizations beliefs have changed over time?

Why is it that the United States used To be okay with slavery, but now it isn't?

I'm not sure what the question is meant to accomplish. People change their beliefs as they acquire new information, as culture changes, as newbideals are formed.

There is some truth in that.

That is why the beliefs of the JWs have changed a little over the years, not so much over the events prophesied in scripture, but over the timing of them.

The trouble most faith, especially most so-called Christian faiths have is that their beliefs have changed, to fit the culture, but the God they claim to worship has not.

God has not changed. Hos requirements have not changed, therefore those who have changed their beliefs too dramatically have simply moved away from their God, as Israel did, as the Jews have continued to do, and as so-called Christians have ever since the Apostasy set in at the end of the 1st century.

Jehovah is, through the "people for his name" (Acts 15:14) who he gathered to his son's side so that his son, Christ, could teach them his father's ways in fulfilment of Isaiah 54:13 (John 6:44-45) calling all who will listen back towards himself.

The only questions left are:

Will you listen and live?
Or ignore the message and die?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 1:35:12 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 11:58:56 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.
Appeal to authority
so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didnt know what was the holy ghost.
How do you know who is best qualified? How does anyone anywhere know who is best qualified? How was it determined that there has to be someone who is best qualified? Besides an appeal to popular belief, can you prove who is best qualified or are you merely assuming they must be therefore they are?

Yes, the only ones who are qualified by Jehovah and Christ are the Jehovah's Witnesses, Jehovah's "people for his name (Acts 15:14). They will be more than happy to spend an hour a week proving it to you if you wish them to.

What is there to lose? Other than 1 hour a week.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 1:36:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 11:34:29 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/19/2016 8:51:40 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 11:14:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 8:10:22 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:37:21 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

They you are baptized in the name of God, then in the name of a lesser god who isn't God at all, then in the name of a force like gravity. Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28.

Not quite right.

Matthew 28:19
19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

The first thing to notice is that the passage does not give the names of any of them.

The meaning is simple and two-fold.

The baptiser baptises in the authority given them by all three (assuming it has been given them).

The baptisee recognises the truth about who ad what they are, and their relative roles in our salvation.

Basically, as scripture says:

Salvation comes from Jehovah.

Through Christ.

By means of holy spirit.

Holy spirit is nothing like Gravity, wish only has one use.

Holy spirit is Jehovah's power right enough, and can be used to carry out such delicate "surgery" as transforming one of Mary's eggs into the flesh of Jesus, or part the Red Sea over a two mile front, or even cause the sun to "appear to stand still in the sky for almost a whole day" over the plains of Aijalon.

As Paul points it can even be used t communicate with humans and without it's admittedly limited protection mankind would have destroyed itself long ago under Satan's influence.

All the baptism "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit" means is that we recognise their roe in our lives, which if course you do not do so your baptism was invalid.

After all we know for certain God's name, Jehovah.

We only have scriptural hints that the one who came to earth to become Jesus was originally called Michael, though we do know he is now known as Jesus.

Holy spirit is never given a name at all, so in the name of it is the equivalent of "in the name of the law" or in the name of peace" etc..

It's all in the Bible if you ever bother to read it properly, all of it.

As scripture assures us, whilst there are many known as gods, for instance the one who is now known as the Christ, and all the angels, there is only one true God and that is Jehovah. The Bible leaves us in no doubt about that even if you choose to ignore what it teaches as you do anything else that doesn't suit you.

I acknowledge the truth of exactly who and what God Christ and holy spirit are, as well as their roles in the lives of all servants of Jehovah and his son.

You do not, and that is just the start of all your problems.

The question was, "Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28." According to you, "in the name of" simply means "by the authority of", correct?

Since holy spirit has no name that is all it can mean. That is why it is the same water baptism for anointed and others alike.

Each member of the Trinity is God. The Father is God (John 6:27; Romans 1:7; 1 Peter 1:2). The Son is God (John 1:1, 14; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5:20). The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 3:16).

Except there is no Trinity.
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 1:39:33 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 1:32:30 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
God has not changed
God has changed since his invention which is 4,000yrs before your insane cult adopted him.
Read his fckin' book and all the hoovian teachings to confirm that.
1914, 1915, 1922, 1925 etc etc etc etc.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 1:51:14 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 1:36:05 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/19/2016 11:34:29 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/19/2016 8:51:40 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 11:14:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 8:10:22 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 7:37:21 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

They you are baptized in the name of God, then in the name of a lesser god who isn't God at all, then in the name of a force like gravity. Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28.

Not quite right.

Matthew 28:19
19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

The first thing to notice is that the passage does not give the names of any of them.

The meaning is simple and two-fold.

The baptiser baptises in the authority given them by all three (assuming it has been given them).

The baptisee recognises the truth about who ad what they are, and their relative roles in our salvation.

Basically, as scripture says:

Salvation comes from Jehovah.

Through Christ.

By means of holy spirit.

Holy spirit is nothing like Gravity, wish only has one use.

Holy spirit is Jehovah's power right enough, and can be used to carry out such delicate "surgery" as transforming one of Mary's eggs into the flesh of Jesus, or part the Red Sea over a two mile front, or even cause the sun to "appear to stand still in the sky for almost a whole day" over the plains of Aijalon.

As Paul points it can even be used t communicate with humans and without it's admittedly limited protection mankind would have destroyed itself long ago under Satan's influence.

All the baptism "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit" means is that we recognise their roe in our lives, which if course you do not do so your baptism was invalid.

After all we know for certain God's name, Jehovah.

We only have scriptural hints that the one who came to earth to become Jesus was originally called Michael, though we do know he is now known as Jesus.

Holy spirit is never given a name at all, so in the name of it is the equivalent of "in the name of the law" or in the name of peace" etc..

It's all in the Bible if you ever bother to read it properly, all of it.

As scripture assures us, whilst there are many known as gods, for instance the one who is now known as the Christ, and all the angels, there is only one true God and that is Jehovah. The Bible leaves us in no doubt about that even if you choose to ignore what it teaches as you do anything else that doesn't suit you.

I acknowledge the truth of exactly who and what God Christ and holy spirit are, as well as their roles in the lives of all servants of Jehovah and his son.

You do not, and that is just the start of all your problems.

The question was, "Tell us exactly what "in the name of" means in Matt 28." According to you, "in the name of" simply means "by the authority of", correct?

Since holy spirit has no name that is all it can mean. That is why it is the same water baptism for anointed and others alike.

Each member of the Trinity is God. The Father is God (John 6:27; Romans 1:7; 1 Peter 1:2). The Son is God (John 1:1, 14; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5:20). The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 3:16).

Except there is no Trinity.

Each member is a God according to the scriptures (verses given above) and that makes the three a trinune or Trinity.

Definition of triune. consisting of three in one (used especially with reference to the Trinity).

Definition of Trinity.
the Christian Godhead as one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
a group of three people or things, the state of being three.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 4:32:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 1:35:12 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/19/2016 11:58:56 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.
Appeal to authority
so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didnt know what was the holy ghost.
How do you know who is best qualified? How does anyone anywhere know who is best qualified? How was it determined that there has to be someone who is best qualified? Besides an appeal to popular belief, can you prove who is best qualified or are you merely assuming they must be therefore they are?

Yes, the only ones who are qualified by Jehovah and Christ are the Jehovah's Witnesses, Jehovah's "people for his name (Acts 15:14). They will be more than happy to spend an hour a week proving it to you if you wish them to.

What is there to lose? Other than 1 hour a week.
Unfortunately Mad, you are wrong. Since I belong to the first church, look in revelations to see what my spiritual gift of wisdom entails, I don't seek out truth from people. God has given me a special gift that's innate. I test those who make claims to determine if they are righteous in their understanding of Gods word. The church of Ephesus is the first church, the first church of the holy spirit and the first church God has established for our souls. You'll see in revelations that there are 7 churches that God has established for all of mankind. In this sense when the Bible says church it means the temple of our souls, which is of course our bodies. I test those who claim to be apostles or "messengers" of the word of God and determine if they are true. You'll notice that the holy spirit says God only has one thing against me. That I have fallen from the most highest place, a place I am aware of. A place that if I told you the height from which I have fallen you wouldn't understand that its possible, for I have fallen from a place from which God would talk to me directly. That's my gig here on earth. Btw, being wrong isn't a bad thing, it merely is what God wants for others. Unfortunately for me there are only a small number of us from the first church, and Jehaovahs witnesses as a whole aren't them.,But keep on trying,it doesn't hurt. You have been tested and found to be false.........
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 4:48:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didnt know what was the holy ghost.

Can Allah be in 3 manifestations if he wants to? Of course not. Muhammed tells Allah what he can and cannot be.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:01:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 7:41:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God.

The last part of that last sentence in incorrect. The Holy Spirit was considered to be a person, or personality, and was considered be a part of the godhead well before the council.

no actually. some said he is a force, some mediator or a spirit...but they never said he was God. that is not true.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:01:45 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 7:53:35 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:43:33 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:39:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didn't know what was the holy ghost.

And the daft thing is the answers were in the Bible all along.

The one who came to earth to become the Christ was a god purely because like the Angels and his father he is a spirit being.

Holy spirit isn't even a being.

It took them nearly 400 years to get it so wrong.

Talk about dumb.

the giants of christianity who wrote and preached the religion to reach us namely the church fathers didnt really know what the holy ghost was and u know. great. at least u have more sense than most of christians who say he is God.

Yes, of course I know, thanks to Jehovah and his son the Christ. unlike the church fathers who were completely apostate, I actually get the privilege of spirit doing precisely what it is supposed to do. Helping me preach the truth .

now what u just saying most christians say about your beliefs. who is right than?
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:09:38 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/19/2016 12:52:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/18/2016 6:12:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why in the first 3 centuries of christianity all (99% if u like...) of church fathers never understood what the status of the Holy Ghost... they didnt know exactly what its nature. they disagree about Jesus's status in their writings but lets say for the sake of argument they believed Jesus was God, but they never ever written anything about the holy ghost being God. after the council of constantinople they agreed the holy ghost is part of the God head of the trinity.

so why is that? if u soo sure about the trinity why the best ppl who qualified to speak for christianity and the ones who gave the scriptures to the world for 300+ years didnt know what was the holy ghost.

Couldn't you ask why any organizations beliefs have changed over time?

well the problem is ppl have no issue believing anything changed or not bcz most follow what they heard from their environment and unfortunately they will never change same goes for nationalism and religions or any idea indoctrinated in childhood. so why asking it in the first place. psychology and human behavior.


Why is it that the United States used To be okay with slavery, but now it isn't?

indoctrination. u r what u read u r what u eat. literally:)

I'm not sure what the question is meant to accomplish. People change their beliefs as they acquire new information, as culture changes, as newbideals are formed.

but challenging it from its origins will accomplish something not everybody is a zombie.
Never fart near dog