Total Posts:304|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Please Prove That God Exists

Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:10:31 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I am an atheist, so I do not believe in God or the paranormal. I am challenging someone to prove to me that God exists. I need hard, scientific evidence.

I want this to be a good debate. No insults, no name-calling, and you must back up your statement. No "you're wrong because the Bible says so." or "you're going to Hell." If I am wrong, tell me why.
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:15:30 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:10:31 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
I am an atheist, so I do not believe in God or the paranormal. I am challenging someone to prove to me that God exists. I need hard, scientific evidence.

I want this to be a good debate. No insults, no name-calling, and you must back up your statement. No "you're wrong because the Bible says so." or "you're going to Hell." If I am wrong, tell me why. : :

Which God are you talking about?
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:22:54 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:10:31 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
I am an atheist, so I do not believe in God or the paranormal. I am challenging someone to prove to me that God exists. I need hard, scientific evidence.

This is the problem my friend, you can't have "hard, scientific evidence" produced from secular studies that prove spirits or God exists, that's ridiculous. Science is not compatible and not equipped to make declarations about the existence of God and never will because the nature of God is not compatible with the nature of scientific examination...which is material based. You cannot harness or grasp a spirit in a material based operation, that is just ignorant to suggest.
God and the nature of God are found and discovered through spirituality, not material based, materialistic, secular studies.
God is not bound by the material world, in the least, and so His existence is not bound to scientific studies, not in the least.


I want this to be a good debate. No insults, no name-calling, and you must back up your statement. No "you're wrong because the Bible says so." or "you're going to Hell." If I am wrong, tell me why.

If you can just grasp the nature of God, the nature of Christianity then everything else is cake walk. When you expand your paradigms beyond atheism you will find things you never thought possible, everything is perception and your beliefs are hinged on your perceptions, so don't limit them in any way, shape or form otherwise you are limiting your own life and soul.
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:34:12 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:22:54 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:10:31 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
I am an atheist, so I do not believe in God or the paranormal. I am challenging someone to prove to me that God exists. I need hard, scientific evidence.

This is the problem my friend, you can't have "hard, scientific evidence" produced from secular studies that prove spirits or God exists, that's ridiculous. Science is not compatible and not equipped to make declarations about the existence of God and never will because the nature of God is not compatible with the nature of scientific examination...which is material based. You cannot harness or grasp a spirit in a material based operation, that is just ignorant to suggest.
God and the nature of God are found and discovered through spirituality, not material based, materialistic, secular studies.
God is not bound by the material world, in the least, and so His existence is not bound to scientific studies, not in the least.
We cannot grasp dark energy or matter. We cannot grasp strings (string theory), but there is evidence that they exist.

I want this to be a good debate. No insults, no name-calling, and you must back up your statement. No "you're wrong because the Bible says so." or "you're going to Hell." If I am wrong, tell me why.

If you can just grasp the nature of God, the nature of Christianity then everything else is cake walk. When you expand your paradigms beyond atheism you will find things you never thought possible, everything is perception and your beliefs are hinged on your perceptions, so don't limit them in any way, shape or form otherwise you are limiting your own life and soul.
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:36:15 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I really should change the font of my replies. Otherwise, they look like they are part of the other guy's post. Oops.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:40:20 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:34:12 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:22:54 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:10:31 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:

We cannot grasp dark energy or matter. We cannot grasp strings (string theory), but there is evidence that they exist.


There is evidence God exists, outside the box of secularism and scientific examination. What evidence are you suggesting if not physical evidence? do you not see the strength in theory and philosophy of God's existence?? if you can grasp theory then Theism should be obvious for you!
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:41:18 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
We cannot grasp dark energy or matter. We cannot grasp strings (string theory), but there is evidence that they exist. I'm not saying that you can grasp God or a spirit, but that does not mean that there is no way to prove their existence scientifically.
Even if you can't prove it scientifically, tell me why it makes more sense than atheism.
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:44:26 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
What evidence is there of God? Also, I never said there was no physical evidence of dark matter, dark energy, or strings. Just that they cannot be detected (grasped).
uncung
Posts: 3,432
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:47:14 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:10:31 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
I am an atheist, so I do not believe in God or the paranormal. I am challenging someone to prove to me that God exists. I need hard, scientific evidence.

I want this to be a good debate. No insults, no name-calling, and you must back up your statement. No "you're wrong because the Bible says so." or "you're going to Hell." If I am wrong, tell me why.

The universe is the tangible proof. God created it.
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:47:24 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:40:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:34:12 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:22:54 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:10:31 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:

We cannot grasp dark energy or matter. We cannot grasp strings (string theory), but there is evidence that they exist.


There is evidence God exists, outside the box of secularism and scientific examination. What evidence are you suggesting if not physical evidence? do you not see the strength in theory and philosophy of God's existence?? if you can grasp theory then Theism should be obvious for you!

So your argument is "God is real, trust me".
Meh!
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:47:33 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:31:13 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
I am talking about any God. Christian, Muslim, even Roman Gods will do. : :

There is a big difference in the imaginary God that religious people perceive in their mind from reading books and the God that created man and all his experiences with his voice.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:49:29 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:41:18 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
We cannot grasp dark energy or matter. We cannot grasp strings (string theory), but there is evidence that they exist. I'm not saying that you can grasp God or a spirit, but that does not mean that there is no way to prove their existence scientifically.

Yes, that's exactly what it means, look up the definition for science and logic should hit you between the eyes, come on man!

Even if you can't prove it scientifically, tell me why it makes more sense than atheism.

Atheism is a weak ideology, bottom of the barrel and leaves no room for growth, new learning and new paradigms. Theism makes more sense in the grand scheme of things, the overall picture of humanity and it's experiences. Atheism is a dead end, "making sense" is not the issue, it's making room for new learning and larger truth that's the problem. When you close your mind you close your soul, because your soul growth is hinged on what you accept in your mind, when a person accepts atheism he accepts death, death of the mind and soul.
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:50:02 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
How do you know that your God is not imaginary. Like I said, back up your statements. Prove to me that your God is real.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:50:19 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:47:24 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:40:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:34:12 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:22:54 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:10:31 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:

We cannot grasp dark energy or matter. We cannot grasp strings (string theory), but there is evidence that they exist.


There is evidence God exists, outside the box of secularism and scientific examination. What evidence are you suggesting if not physical evidence? do you not see the strength in theory and philosophy of God's existence?? if you can grasp theory then Theism should be obvious for you!

So your argument is "God is real, trust me".

No.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:51:56 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:50:02 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
How do you know that your God is not imaginary. Like I said, back up your statements. Prove to me that your God is real.

And this is what always happens...:)
http://www.terrycolon.com...
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:52:21 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Atheism is not a dead end. New scientific advances are made every day that help us to understand our universe better. Religion just says that this is how it happened and that is it. You don't have to question it. It is lazy. It is weak.
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:54:11 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Besides, we are off topic. I want proof that your God exists. I don't care which ideology is weaker. I am looking for a strong argument for the proof of a God.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:55:08 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
PEOPLE....!
Science is not the declaration of the existence of a God, it is the study of the natural world period...
Science- the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

It IS NOT, the study of the spiritual or it's reality, not even close...it is not equipped to handle such matters.
uncung
Posts: 3,432
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:56:20 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:48:46 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
Where is your proof that God created the universe? Your logic is obviously flawed.

If not by God then who created it?
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:56:44 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Fine, don't use science. Just give me a viable argument for God's existence. You cannot prove that God created people or anything, so that is not anywhere near proof.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:57:12 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:52:21 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
Atheism is not a dead end. New scientific advances are made every day that help us to understand our universe better. Religion just says that this is how it happened and that is it. You don't have to question it. It is lazy. It is weak.

Atheism is not science, atheism is an ideology. Science is not an ideology or atheism, get real. Science is nether atheism or theistic, it just examines the natural world, nothing more...
Theism shows us why, science shows us how, they work in harmony.
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:58:11 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
It isn't a questions of WHO created the universe. It is by what processes did the universe come to be. Besides, we are off topic again. Prove that God exists.
Axonly
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:58:14 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:51:56 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:50:02 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
How do you know that your God is not imaginary. Like I said, back up your statements. Prove to me that your God is real.

And this is what always happens...:)
http://www.terrycolon.com...

So you are refusing to answer the question.

Glad you cleared that up.
Meh!
bonsai
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:00:38 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:48:46 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
Where is your proof that God created the universe? Your logic is obviously flawed. : :

Where is your proof that God didn't created the universe?
Logic_Not_Ignorance
Posts: 101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:00:52 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Atheism is centered around science. That is all that we have or need to explain the universe. Religion and science do not work in harmony. Religion: a magical being outside of the laws of physics poofed life into existence from nothing. Science: life as we know it came to be after billions of years of evolution.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:03:38 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:58:14 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:51:56 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/20/2016 5:50:02 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
How do you know that your God is not imaginary. Like I said, back up your statements. Prove to me that your God is real.

And this is what always happens...:)
http://www.terrycolon.com...

So you are refusing to answer the question.

Glad you cleared that up.

Where have I refused to answer the question?? I believe I did according to the OP, there can be no scientific study that God exists, I answered that plainly and clearly. Then I offered an alternative, of which you must have missed.
uncung
Posts: 3,432
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 6:04:02 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/20/2016 5:58:11 AM, Logic_Not_Ignorance wrote:
It isn't a questions of WHO created the universe. It is by what processes did the universe come to be. Besides, we are off topic again. Prove that God exists.

It was created and followed by process later on. What the science state about the born of universe?