Does it hurt to be obliterated by God?

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 8:16:46 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Not All Capitals
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 8:51:04 AM
At 5/21/2016 8:16:46 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Not All Capitals
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your scaring me.
Why does he want to hurt me for?
I don't even know him. I've never met him before.
Can you ask him why he shows so much hate towards me. ?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 9:03:27 AM
At 5/21/2016 8:51:04 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Not All Capitals

Your scaring me.

I'm sorry if my absence caused concern among the atheists of DDO.

You're aware of the Theist concept of Sin. In Judaism Hell is not eternal, but a temporary wash to prepare you for Heaven. Pain and Hurt are material concepts. So I wonder after such material experience, when judged by God, does the act of rejection thus obliteration from God, the casting down; does it hurt?

This isn't the point of the thread. Hate, love, gratitude, suffering, isn't a matter of your interpretation. I do not pretend to represent any higher being. Any hate you feel could be interpreted by a theist as a combination of disdain from others reverberated by yourself.

My question was more meant for theists.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 9:19:55 AM
Not All Capitals

You'd have to be stiff.
No-one ever has.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 9:27:52 AM
At 5/21/2016 9:19:55 AM, bulproof wrote:
Not All Capitals

You'd have to be stiff.
No-one ever has.

What if such pain wasn't limited to the after life? What if obliteration could be felt in the waking form ...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 9:44:49 AM
At 5/21/2016 9:27:52 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Not All Capitals

You'd have to be stiff.
No-one ever has.

What if such pain wasn't limited to the after life? What if obliteration could be felt in the waking form ...
As I said, it's never happened before and given the non existence of gods is unlikely to ever occur in the future.
I can sleep soundly with that particular threat well and truly put out of my mind.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:07:27 AM
At 5/21/2016 9:44:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Not All Capitals

You'd have to be stiff.
No-one ever has.

As I said, it's never happened before and given the non existence of gods is unlikely to ever occur in the future.

Have you ever seen a homeless man scream and babel at nothing? Pacing back and forth speaking gibberish? This could easily be discounted as mental illness. But regardless if he's yelling at angels, demons, or the wind such pain and social obliteration must demand some sort of .. awe ..that homeless man degrade into madness, that homeless man is us looking at ourselves. Does it hurt?

I can sleep soundly with that particular threat well and truly put out of my mind.

Obliteration isn't a threat. Threat implies a need for intimidation to coerce towards an agenda. God would have no need for such a thing.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:14:22 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:07:27 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Not All Capitals

You'd have to be stiff.
No-one ever has.

Have you ever seen a homeless man scream and babel at nothing? Pacing back and forth speaking gibberish? This could easily be discounted as mental illness. But regardless if he's yelling at angels, demons, or the wind such pain and social obliteration must demand some sort of .. awe ..that homeless man degrade into madness, that homeless man is us looking at ourselves. Does it hurt?
Is that your god creating such suffering? And you worship this thing?

Obliteration isn't a threat. Threat implies a need for intimidation to coerce towards an agenda. God would have no need for such a thing.
Don't look now but christianity has been preaching exactly that threat since it's inception.
It's the only argument you have for your god.
Look at the title of your thread.
Pathetic isn't it?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:18:48 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:14:22 AM, bulproof wrote:
Not All Capitals

You'd have to be stiff.
No-one ever has.

Don't look now but christianity has been preaching exactly that threat since it's inception.
Pathetic isn't it?

Bammmmm.
Great post right there.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:42:31 AM
Not All Capitals

You'd have to be stiff.
No-one ever has.

I claim no creation nor worship; merely a brief reflection of what happens in the now. Does it hurt? When that insane homeless man finally touches oblivion ... does it hurt? Again these question are not meant for Atheists.

Christianity/Christians are a plethora of human ideas/concepts. Humans disagreeing upon those concepts has caused much pain and violence. I wonder if that pain subsides or merely festers, reverberating causing what could be considered Hell on Earth. But many who perpetuate the concept of Hell on Earth in terms of violence (in its many forms) do not seem to feel it, including you. What does it mean to be obliterated, and does it hurt?

Pathetic isn't it?

Pathetic indeed. It does hurt, but it doesn't answer if the pain is of this world or necessarily of the next.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:47:18 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:42:31 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Not All Capitals

You'd have to be stiff.
No-one ever has.

I claim no creation nor worship; merely a brief reflection of what happens in the now. Does it hurt? When that insane homeless man finally touches oblivion ... does it hurt? Again these question are not meant for Atheists.

Christianity/Christians are a plethora of human ideas/concepts. Humans disagreeing upon those concepts has caused much pain and violence. I wonder if that pain subsides or merely festers, reverberating causing what could be considered Hell on Earth. But many who perpetuate the concept of Hell on Earth in terms of violence (in its many forms) do not seem to feel it, including you. What does it mean to be obliterated, and does it hurt?

Pathetic isn't it?

Pathetic indeed. It does hurt, but it doesn't answer if the pain is of this world or necessarily of the next.
You've already been told that the "pain" doesn't exist.
What part of that don't you understand?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:52:13 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:47:18 AM, bulproof wrote:

The part where I'm suppose to believe you. Seriously, of all the atheists on DDO you're the laziest of sh*t posters. You offer nothing; and when you say there is no pain yet I read your words .. yea there's obvious pain. It hurts to read your crap, the existence of God has nothing to do with how intellectually lame you are.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:58:38 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:52:13 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 5/21/2016 10:47:18 AM, bulproof wrote:

The part where I'm suppose to believe you. Seriously, of all the atheists on DDO you're the laziest of sh*t posters. You offer nothing; and when you say there is no pain yet I read your words .. yea there's obvious pain. It hurts to read your crap, the existence of God has nothing to do with how intellectually lame you are.
As usual the theist with the unwarranted inflated self importance has nothing and so attacks his intellectual better.
You erroneously make unsubstantiated claims and when they are challenged you can't support your stupidity.
I need very few words to defeat the unsubstantiated claims of theists, it really is that simple.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 11:05:51 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:58:38 AM, bulproof wrote:

As usual the theist with the unwarranted inflated self importance has nothing and so attacks his intellectual better.
You erroneously make unsubstantiated claims and when they are challenged you can't support your stupidity.
I need very few words to defeat the unsubstantiated claims of theists, it really is that simple.

I'm not a theist, so you can flush everything you just said down the drain. I feel sorry that you must suffer alone, it hurts both of us in a way. I wonder what obliteration means and if it would solve such pain. But I'm going to bed, good night.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 11:09:50 AM
At 5/21/2016 11:03:03 AM, tarantula wrote:
There is no evidence to support the existence of a god, let alone its character.

There's no evidence to disprove a Deistic God, and my question doesn't imply a matter of Character beyond the pain of being rejected by such a being. Good night.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 11:36:22 AM
Seriously, of all the atheists on DDO you're the laziest of sh*t posters. You offer nothing; and when you say there is no pain yet I read your words .

Given the above how does it feel being made a fool of by me in less than 14 posts?
Don't let the godbugs bite.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 12:27:12 PM
At 5/21/2016 11:09:50 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 5/21/2016 11:03:03 AM, tarantula wrote:
There is no evidence to support the existence of a god, let alone its character.

There's no evidence to disprove a Deistic God, and my question doesn't imply a matter of Character beyond the pain of being rejected by such a being. Good night.

Even if some deity does exist, it is highly unlikely to be the less than credible Biblical nasty!
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:34:28 PM
At 5/21/2016 11:36:22 AM, bulproof wrote:
Seriously, of all the atheists on DDO you're the laziest of sh*t posters. You offer nothing; and when you say there is no pain yet I read your words .

Given the above how does it feel being made a fool of by me in less than 14 posts?
Don't let the godbugs bite.

Given that you thought I was a theist and since I've been gone your decorum and level of insight hasn't changed at all - I'd say you're still the fool.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 1:06:50 AM
At 5/21/2016 8:51:04 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Not All Capitals

Your scaring me.

In the Christian "born in sin" mentality (which not all Christians adhere to), God wants to hurt you simply because you are born. Where did you hear that the last time, that someone deserves something bad only by existing? That's right, the schoolyard, by that evil bully.