Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

It's wrong using the Lord's name in vain.

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:09:48 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Commandment #3

As a long time non believer, or as you lot call it , what's that word again , artist , aratest.
Something like that. As one of them , I still find myself cringe when people use the Lord's name in vain, and I quickly pull them up on it. I also look upwards when I think about dead loved ones. And at funerals I join in with the collective (AMEN) .

Is there any other fellow arbatrests, aviators I mean non believers that find themselves doing things like this ?
I think it's them sneaky Christians that make me do this isn't it ?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:20:48 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:09:48 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Commandment #3

As a long time non believer, or as you lot call it , what's that word again , artist , aratest.
Something like that. As one of them , I still find myself cringe when people use the Lord's name in vain, and I quickly pull them up on it. I also look upwards when I think about dead loved ones. And at funerals I join in with the collective (AMEN) .

Is there any other fellow arbatrests, aviators I mean non believers that find themselves doing things like this ?

I think you are possessed by evil demons, seek help and I mean an exorcism, do it NOW.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:21:49 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:20:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
Commandment #3

I think you are possessed by evil demons, seek help and I mean an exorcism, do it NOW.
BTW what is the lords name?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:27:33 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:21:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Commandment #3

Jesus Christ. Come on bulproof , give me something you do like this. Just a little bit. Just this 1 time . I won't tell anyone.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:31:00 AM
Commandment #3

I will use it any way I wish to!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:32:35 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:27:33 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 5/21/2016 10:21:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Commandment #3

Jesus Christ. Come on bulproof , give me something you do like this. Just a little bit. Just this 1 time . I won't tell anyone.
OMG I am truly shocked by your language.
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 3:27:39 PM
Commandment #3

You do this because its a natural thing for you to do. Hearing the name of Jesus used badly makes you cringe because somewhere in your nature you know he exists even though by choice you deny it. Looking upward seeking a higher power is the same.

Now a collective amen you probably just do that out of respect for the funeral. Ive been to funerals and weddings where I completely disagree with the priest/pastors words, but respectfully i still give the agreeable amen at the end
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 3:31:03 PM
At 5/21/2016 3:27:39 PM, Danb6177 wrote:
Commandment #3

You do this because its a natural thing for you to do. Hearing the name of Jesus used badly makes you cringe because somewhere in your nature you know he exists even though by choice you deny it. Looking upward seeking a higher power is the same.

Now a collective amen you probably just do that out of respect for the funeral. Ive been to funerals and weddings where I completely disagree with the priest/pastors words, but respectfully i still give the agreeable amen at the end
Does your god allow you to attend such apostate ceremonies?
Can your god forgive you?
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 4:24:33 PM
At 5/21/2016 3:31:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
Commandment #3

Im not going to try and explain the bible to you bul. I know your take on it, as well as your inability to understand why Christ was here or why He died...the law...grace...dispensations...fulfillment....etc...etc...etc.. so instead Ill just answer you questions

The first answer is yes and the second is irrelevant.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 4:33:55 PM
At 5/21/2016 4:24:33 PM, Danb6177 wrote:
Commandment #3

Im not going to try and explain the bible to you bul. I know your take on it, as well as your inability to understand why Christ was here or why He died...the law...grace...dispensations...fulfillment....etc...etc...etc.. so instead Ill just answer you questions

Allegedly Jesus came and was crucified as a sacrifice to his father/himself in order that his father would rescind the unjust punishment he had imposed upon all of humanity for Adam's sin.
In case you don't remember that punishment was death, unfortunately Jesus' father failed to fulfill his part of the bargain and people have continued to die ever since.
You see you don't need to explain your book to me I understand it much better than you do.
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 5:19:55 PM
At 5/21/2016 4:33:55 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/21/2016 4:24:33 PM, Danb6177 wrote:
Commandment #3

Allegedly Jesus came and was crucified as a sacrifice to his father/himself in order that his father would rescind the unjust punishment he had imposed upon all of humanity for Adam's sin.
In case you don't remember that punishment was death, unfortunately Jesus' father failed to fulfill his part of the bargain and people have continued to die ever since.
You see you don't need to explain your book to me I understand it much better than you do.

eat of the tree and you will die, well he did eat and did not die. This death is not a physical one it is a spiritual death. This is why Christ died bul.

But back to your first question, why would you think it is wrong for me to sit and attend a service in an apostate church?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 5:23:06 PM
At 5/21/2016 5:19:55 PM, Danb6177 wrote:
eat of the tree and you will die, well he did eat and did not die
So god lied.
When you people try to defend your god you actually get him hung, funny as hell.
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 5:26:23 PM
Commandment #3

I say "O god" during sex.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 5:26:46 PM
At 5/21/2016 5:23:06 PM, bulproof wrote:
So god lied.
When you people try to defend your god you actually get him hung, funny as hell.
Woops I forgot.
Adam didn't die on the day god told him he would?
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 5:32:44 PM
At 5/21/2016 5:23:06 PM, bulproof wrote:
So god lied.

Like I said you refuse to understand, this is why I usually dont answer you. Read all of what I wrote not just half
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 12:27:54 AM
Commandment #3

It's only wrong when your around fanatics.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 1:55:03 AM
It seems that non believers using the Lords name in vain is a kind of backhanded recognition of His existence. Also, I know of no other alleged Gods name being used in this way. Do Muslims take Allah's name in vain, or the Hindus blaspheming any of their numerous gods name.I've heard many different groups take Jesus name in vain including those who deny He exists.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 4:38:00 PM
Commandment #3

True, but it is even more wrong to ignore that he has one.

And worse still is removing it from his word the Bible as the vast majority of translators have tied to do.

As Acts 15:14 tells us, "Symeon has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name."

Especially in this time of great need Jehovah has indeed drawn a people to his son's side for him to teach:

John 6:44, 45
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

And Christ faithfully taught them, very patiently, until they were deemed by his father to have learned enough to be granted his name to carry in this time of the end.

That doesn't mean that Jehovah's Witnesses have learned everything, just that they have shown themselves willing, even eager, to learn and accept correction where needed.

I am sure there is still more to learn, and as he decides it is time for us to know his son will teach us, through holy spirit and his people.

Are we willing to learn?