Jump to topic:

The likelihood of variou religions being true

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 11:13:12 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
For each religion in this list what is the likelihood in percentage terms of it being the truth in your opinion?

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

I know with certainty they are all 100% false. It will be interesting if anyone puts an answer that is not 0% or 100% for any particular religion! Somehow I doubt it. A lot of 0% answers and some people placing 100% next to one of these fairytales.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 9:24:06 PM
At 5/22/2016 11:13:12 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
For each religion in this list what is the likelihood in percentage terms of it being the truth in your opinion?

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

I know with certainty they are all 100% false. It will be interesting if anyone puts an answer that is not 0% or 100% for any particular religion! Somehow I doubt it. A lot of 0% answers and some people placing 100% next to one of these fairytales.
Why are you 100 percent certain? Do you think any religion has partial truth?
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 10:06:09 PM
At 5/22/2016 9:24:06 PM, janesix wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

No religions have any elements of the truth. They have all been made up by humans. I'm 100% sure all of these religions are false for many reasons.

1. None contain any scripture suggesting divine influence.

2. All contain false claims.

3. If a religion was true a god wouldn't hide the truth amongst thousands of lies.

4. When you study a religion it's easy to find flaws.

5. If a god exists it clearly never communicates with humanity and does not want us to know about it.

6. The world is full of evil.

7. There is no evidence of any god existing.

8. If a religion was true science would support its claims. However all religions contradictscientific knowledge.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 10:17:37 PM
At 5/22/2016 10:06:09 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

No religions have any elements of the truth. They have all been made up by humans. I'm 100% sure all of these religions are false for many reasons.

You have studied all religions in depth then?

3. If a religion was true a god wouldn't hide the truth amongst thousands of lies.

I've already told you why. God communicates through our subconscious.

5. If a god exists it clearly never communicates with humanity and does not want us to know about it.

BS. Billions of people claim to have had religious experience. That is communication.

So? You think God is only good? Where do you think evil comes from? God is everything.

Sure there is. Just look around you. You think life just sprang up one day by itself, against all odds? You think flowers follow the Fibonnacci series by chance mutations?

8. If a religion was true science would support its claims. However all religions contradictscientific knowledge.

You have studied all religions in depth?
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 12:34:49 AM
At 5/22/2016 10:17:37 PM, janesix wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

So the "hammer-to-the-knee" jerk is God telling me to...erm...get out more?

BS. Billions of people claim to have had religious experience. That is communication.

Whom are all indistinguishable from lunatic asylum escapees.

So? You think God is only good? Where do you think evil comes from? God is everything.

Well now we know I guess. God is a d*ck.

Sure there is. Just look around you. You think life just sprang up one day by itself, against all odds? You think flowers follow the Fibonnacci series by chance mutations?

Yes, as science has proven.

"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 12:39:20 AM
At 5/23/2016 12:34:49 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Please show me a source where "science" hasproven that flowers always follow the fibonacci series by chance.

skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 9:51:21 AM

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

The world is full of good, evil is your opinion and by this Chloe it seems as if you are crying out for help. Ill try not to be sarcastic anymore, there Opie something troubling you that is eating away at your well being. Since you don't think Jesus loves you I would suggest a psychologist. Can you afford one, if so go face your inner demons.

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 12:34:22 PM
At 5/23/2016 12:39:20 AM, janesix wrote:
At 5/23/2016 12:34:49 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Please show me a source where "science" hasproven that flowers always follow the fibonacci series by chance.

"Chance mutations"

Please, stop being a conveniently stupid a*shole.

Evolution theory (or "chance mutations" as you - captain ignoramus - like to call it) is a well supported and documented scientific phenomena.

It is not known entirely why flowers follow the Fibonacci sequence. Unfortunately for you, this void of understanding doesn't disprove or contradict evolution theory as you seem to suggest.

There is more than enough proof for evolution to make any lack of understanding such as the above negligible, at best.

"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 8:51:06 PM
At 5/23/2016 9:51:21 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

The world is full of good, evil is your opinion and by this Chloe it seems as if you are crying out for help. Ill try not to be sarcastic anymore, there Opie something troubling you that is eating away at your well being. Since you don't think Jesus loves you I would suggest a psychologist. Can you afford one, if so go face your inner demons.

So you think natural disasters are good?

You think cancer is good?

How about motor neuron disease?

Heart attacks?

Predatory animals?

Poverty?

Starvation?

War?

Parasitic worms?

Maggots?

Bubonic plague?

Are you from this planet? Have a look around you. Watch the news. People and animals are suffering all the time. Being eaten alive, drowning, dying of cancer, paralysed by multiple sclerosis.

Yet another theist angry I have disproved his false religion with nothing more to offer than personal insults. Christianity is a fairytale for adults. Remember when your mum told you Santa wasn't real? I bet she had to tell you when you were about 10 to avoid you being made fun of at school for believing in a false mythical creature. I worked out the truth about Santa when I was 5. I worked out the truth about Christianity when I was 17. Maybe when your 60 you might realize your imaginary boogeyman was the creation of ancient israelites.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 9:04:21 PM
At 5/23/2016 8:51:06 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Heart attacks?

Predatory animals?

Poverty?

Starvation?

War?

Parasitic worms?

Maggots?

Bubonic plague?

Are you from this planet? Have a look around you. Watch the news. People and animals are suffering all the time. Being eaten alive, drowning, dying of cancer, paralysed by multiple sclerosis.

Yet another theist angry I have disproved his false religion with nothing more to offer than personal insults. Christianity is a fairytale for adults. Remember when your mum told you Santa wasn't real? I bet she had to tell you when you were about 10 to avoid you being made fun of at school for believing in a false mythical creature. I worked out the truth about Santa when I was 5. I worked out the truth about Christianity when I was 17. Maybe when your 60 you might realize your imaginary boogeyman was the creation of ancient israelites.

Atheism contradicts scientific knowledge. You believe that hyenas with hooves became whales, magically gaining 80,000 pounds, its eyes retreated around its head, hooves and legs and fur falling off, a giant fluked tail appearing, enormous amounts of blubber appearing, and the nose becoming a blowhole.

You also believe that whales walked the Earth. Not swam. Walked.

And Richard Dawkins was forced to scrap the fossil record because it points towards creationism.

You also believe the Cambrian explosion was a mystical event contrived by a magical universe with fairytale powers. Correct?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 9:14:31 PM
At 5/23/2016 9:04:21 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Heart attacks?

Predatory animals?

Poverty?

Starvation?

War?

Parasitic worms?

Maggots?

Bubonic plague?

Atheism contradicts scientific knowledge. You believe that hyenas with hooves became whales, magically gaining 80,000 pounds, its eyes retreated around its head, hooves and legs and fur falling off, a giant fluked tail appearing, enormous amounts of blubber appearing, and the nose becoming a blowhole.

And Richard Dawkins was forced to scrap the fossil record because it points towards creationism.

You also believe the Cambrian explosion was a mystical event contrived by a magical universe with fairytale powers. Correct?

You should stop reading interpretations of evolution by Christians who were raised on Genesis.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 9:43:22 PM

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Heart attacks?

Predatory animals?

Poverty?

Starvation?

War?

Parasitic worms?

Maggots?

Bubonic plague?

You have confused atheism with the theory of evolution. Show a source backing up your claim that whales originated from hyenas according to mainstream scientific consensus among evolution supporting scientists.

I never said that. It's nothing to do with atheism.

That's a blatant lie. I know he believes the fossil record supports the theory of evolution.

It was a natural event in a natural universe. It's you who believes in a mythical creator being with fairytale powers.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 10:09:47 PM
At 5/23/2016 9:43:22 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Heart attacks?

Predatory animals?

Poverty?

Starvation?

War?

Parasitic worms?

Maggots?

Bubonic plague?

You have confused atheism with the theory of evolution. Show a source backing up your claim that whales originated from hyenas according to mainstream scientific consensus among evolution supporting scientists.

That's a blatant lie. I know he believes the fossil record supports the theory of evolution.

It was a natural event in a natural universe. It's you who believes in a mythical creator being with fairytale powers.

Nope. I have a mathematical mind and fully understand atheism's problem per infinity and finite laws both.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 10:18:45 PM
At 5/23/2016 9:14:31 PM, Harikrish wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Heart attacks?

Predatory animals?

Poverty?

Starvation?

War?

Parasitic worms?

Maggots?

Bubonic plague?

You should stop reading interpretations of evolution by Christians who were raised on Genesis.

Nope. These belong to atheists. You don't believe it? Neither do we.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 10:29:15 PM
At 5/23/2016 9:43:22 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Heart attacks?

Predatory animals?

Poverty?

Starvation?

War?

Parasitic worms?

Maggots?

Bubonic plague?

A blatant lie...oh? Let's check it out.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 10:29:36 PM
Whales came from hyenas

http://www.enchantedlearning.com...

Richard Dawkins Drops Fossil.Record"

http://www.darwinthenandnow.com...

Punctuated Equilibrium

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 3:45:15 AM
At 5/23/2016 10:18:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/23/2016 9:14:31 PM, Harikrish wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Heart attacks?

Predatory animals?

Poverty?

Starvation?

War?

Parasitic worms?

Maggots?

Bubonic plague?

Nope. These belong to atheists. You don't believe it? Neither do we.

None of what you posted are found in evolution books. Provide your citations.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 5:00:36 AM

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Let's see if any of these points apply to 'Hinduism'.

Start with point 8.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 7:50:44 PM
At 5/24/2016 5:00:36 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

Let's see if any of these points apply to 'Hinduism'.

Start with point 8.

https://truthabouthinduism.wordpress.com...
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 8:35:53 PM
At 5/23/2016 10:29:36 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Whales came from hyenas

It's not a hyena. It's described as hyena like in its appearance.

No he doesn't. He says that the fossil record is not needed to support evolution as there is other evidence proving it's the truth, even though the fossil record actually supports evolution. He is showing the theory of evolution no longer solely relies on the fossil record for proof, other things also back it up.

Punctuated Equilibrium

How does that in anyway prove anything about the existence of god/s?

It just describes an evolutionary theory?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 10:38:39 PM
At 5/24/2016 8:35:53 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Whales came from hyenas

No he doesn't. He says that the fossil record is not needed to support evolution as there is other evidence proving it's the truth, even though the fossil record actually supports evolution. He is showing the theory of evolution no longer solely relies on the fossil record for proof, other things also back it up.

Punctuated Equilibrium

Oh...my bad. You believe a "hyena like" animal became a whale. It wasn't the biggest loser. It was the biggest gainer. It gained 80,000 pounds, shifted eyes, nose became blowhole, hooves and legs fell off thus becoming pectoral fins, grew a giant fluked tail, fur became masdive amounts of blubber, skin texture redefined, penis grew a hundred times, and suddenly it wanted planktin and couldn't give birth to packs anymore.

Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 10:41:29 PM

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

A truely logical atheist would never be completely and absolutely sure of the truth, I thought that that was the job of the religious
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 11:21:29 PM
At 5/24/2016 10:41:29 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

A truely logical atheist would never be completely and absolutely sure of the truth, I thought that that was the job of the religious

I'm not 100% sure of the truth. I don't know how or why the universe exists. I just know that all of the religions created by humans are false with 100% certainty.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 11:23:06 PM
At 5/24/2016 10:38:39 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Whales came from hyenas

Punctuated Equilibrium

Oh...my bad. You believe a "hyena like" animal became a whale. It wasn't the biggest loser. It was the biggest gainer. It gained 80,000 pounds, shifted eyes, nose became blowhole, hooves and legs fell off thus becoming pectoral fins, grew a giant fluked tail, fur became masdive amounts of blubber, skin texture redefined, penis grew a hundred times, and suddenly it wanted planktin and couldn't give birth to packs anymore.

I don't see any reasons for that not to be possible.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 11:24:13 PM
At 5/24/2016 11:21:29 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/24/2016 10:41:29 PM, Sam7411 wrote:

1. Christianity

A. Catholicism

B. Protestantism

C. Eastern orthodox

D. Other denominations

2. Islam

A. Shia

B. Sunni

C. Other denominations

3. Hinduism

4. Buddhism

5. Sikhism

6. Jainism

7. Scientology

8. Yazidi religion

9. Shinto religion

10. Judaism

11. Taoism

12. Other religions

I'm not 100% sure of the truth. I don't know how or why the universe exists. I just know that all of the religions created by humans are false with 100% certainty.

So, you are 100% sure that the truth is that all of the religions created by humans are false

SAME thing
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 11:39:04 PM
At 5/24/2016 11:23:06 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Whales came from hyenas

Punctuated Equilibrium

I don't see any reasons for that not to be possible.

So God is untrue, but the 5 billion transitions needed to go from hyena to whale within 500 million post Cambrian years is true. You believe in magic I see. But only the magic of your choice. The moon can be made of cheese and be literally floating on a flying turtle's back...as long as God is not involved...

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 7:00:39 AM
Whales came from hyenas

Punctuated Equilibrium

Craptor really loves displaying his ignorance. NOTHING in evolution happens "suddenly".
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 8:58:07 AM
At 5/23/2016 12:39:20 AM, janesix wrote:
You think flowers follow the Fibonnacci series by chance mutations?
Has every flower in existence been catalogued and measured as evidence of this claim?
(have you studied all religions) haha.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 9:16:49 AM
Atheism contradicts scientific knowledge.
Provide the scientific knowledge of your god or any of the thousands/millions of other gods.
Atheism rejects your claim that gods exist.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin