Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Making poor excuses to validate unbelief...

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 11:08:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
ning?

God exists simply by mathematics and simple philosophy. If there was a defined beginning and never anything before, then magic exists.

If things have always been happening infinitely with no beginning, at some point, the highest possible being would manifest whether by darwinian means or omnipotent existance. Atheists are seeing what they want to see and ignoring logic for secret motives only known to them...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 11:15:34 PM
At 5/22/2016 11:08:56 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
ning?

God exists simply by mathematics and simple philosophy. If there was a defined beginning and never anything before, then magic exists.

If things have always been happening infinitely with no beginning, at some point, the highest possible being would manifest whether by darwinian means or omnipotent existance. Atheists are seeing what they want to see and ignoring logic for secret motives only known to them...

I doubt atheists have secret motives. I bet most of them dont even think about religion.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 11:16:38 PM
If things have always been happening infinitely with no beginning, at some point, the highest possible being would manifest

And so, because of a conjecture that has never been observed and which could never be verified, arising from a premise that has never been validated, a member ignorant of most knowledge about our shared world anyway, scorns anyone dismissing his pretense to knowledge.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 11:23:17 PM
ning?

I am open to everything but.....why in tarnation does it have to be ONE god? Why not gods? Why not alien scientist who created us?
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 11:45:01 PM
ning?

No excuse is needed to not own an unsubstantiated belief.

A more interesting thread would be, "Making poor excuses to validate beliefs without any evidence."
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 11:58:44 PM
At 5/22/2016 11:15:34 PM, janesix wrote:
ning?

I doubt atheists have secret motives. I bet most of them dont even think about religion.

Such as the ones on this forum...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 11:59:34 PM
At 5/22/2016 11:16:38 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
If things have always been happening infinitely with no beginning, at some point, the highest possible being would manifest

And so, because of a conjecture that has never been observed and which could never be verified, arising from a premise that has never been validated, a member ignorant of most knowledge about our shared world anyway, scorns anyone dismissing his pretense to knowledge.

It has been validated and proven. It's called mathematics.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 12:03:02 AM
At 5/22/2016 11:23:17 PM, Jovian wrote:
ning?

I am open to everything but.....why in tarnation does it have to be ONE god? Why not gods? Why not alien scientist who created us?

Atheism can't even get to that question to even answer it. It goes with D none of the above no matter what. I have done debate after debate on why. But when atheism can't even get to the possibility, it is done before the proofs are even presented, andit doesn't even matter. "Seek and you shall find". They choose to not ever get to "seek".

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 12:03:30 AM
At 5/22/2016 11:58:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/22/2016 11:15:34 PM, janesix wrote:
ning?

Such as the ones on this forum...
I suspect most people who go on forums like arguing.

I doubt the atheists here represent the average atheist. Just like people like you or me dont represent the average theist.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 12:05:42 AM
At 5/22/2016 11:45:01 PM, matt8800 wrote:
ning?

A more interesting thread would be, "Making poor excuses to validate beliefs without any evidence."

I've presented you evidence. There are a million reasons to believe. The fact is, you rejected it because you rejected God. Life probably posed a challenge, you got tested, and couldn't handle it. So you ran away and looked for your pleasure somewhere else. Correct?

matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 12:17:36 AM
At 5/23/2016 12:05:42 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
ning?

I've presented you evidence. There are a million reasons to believe. The fact is, you rejected it because you rejected God. Life probably posed a challenge, you got tested, and couldn't handle it. So you ran away and looked for your pleasure somewhere else. Correct?

No, that's not correct. It started when I was a child when I was old enough to know that snakes a burning bushes couldn't talk. I also was too smart to think it was possible for some guy to build a boat and put two of every animal of the world on it for almost a year.

Have you ever wondered why "wise" men would think they could follow a star? They sound like idiots to me.

Then I realized that it sounded pretty messed up that some guy said that god put thoughts into his head that he should stab his son to death and burn his body as a human sacrifice to prove his love to god.

Of course it didn't help that the adults in my church, who I was supposed to respect, criticized the "Intellectual elites" thereby outing themselves as being proud to be stupid, uneducated and ignorant.

I could go on and on. I'm actually pretty embarrassed that I believed any of it whatsoever for any length of time.

All of your "proof" isn't even an argument for Christianity. It is only an argument for Deism, and not a good one at that.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 12:31:42 AM
At 5/22/2016 11:59:34 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Bronto, you know as little about math as you do about physics. You have little understanding of its history, its results, or its place in human knowledge. As is often the case, you are reaching shamelessly beyond your competence to grab for authority.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 3:07:43 AM
At 5/23/2016 12:31:42 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 5/22/2016 11:59:34 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Bronto, you know as little about math as you do about physics. You have little understanding of its history, its results, or its place in human knowledge. As is often the case, you are reaching shamelessly beyond your competence to grab for authority.

Then explain to us how reality can exist inside of nothing OR...

Explain to us how infinity does not begat the highest possible, conceivable being.

You pick. We'd be interested in hearing how an atheist mind believes in magic.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 3:09:41 AM
At 5/23/2016 12:17:36 AM, matt8800 wrote:
ning?

No, that's not correct. It started when I was a child when I was old enough to know that snakes a burning bushes couldn't talk. I also was too smart to think it was possible for some guy to build a boat and put two of every animal of the world on it for almost a year.

Have you ever wondered why "wise" men would think they could follow a star? They sound like idiots to me.

Then I realized that it sounded pretty messed up that some guy said that god put thoughts into his head that he should stab his son to death and burn his body as a human sacrifice to prove his love to god.

Of course it didn't help that the adults in my church, who I was supposed to respect, criticized the "Intellectual elites" thereby outing themselves as being proud to be stupid, uneducated and ignorant.

I could go on and on. I'm actually pretty embarrassed that I believed any of it whatsoever for any length of time.

All of your "proof" isn't even an argument for Christianity. It is only an argument for Deism, and not a good one at that.

After examining the proofs, philosophies, and evidence, I'm humiliated that I didn't believe sooner.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 3:10:07 AM

Explain to us how infinity does not begat the highest possible, conceivable being.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 3:15:17 AM
ning?

I see the problem here. You didn't know what an allegory was...

Serpants are evil people or beings in every other reference in the Bible.

Trees are people in every other reference in the Bible.

Fruit is something that coms from soneone in every other reference in the Bible.

Nakedness is shame in every other reference in the Bible.

The term "tree of life" is used allegorically in every other reference inthe Bible. What a reason to turn. I didn't realize the Bible was allegorical and parabalistic and it just blew my mind. Really? Talking snakes? Come on Matt. Do you believe the beast of revelation is a literal beast? Please tell us no...

matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 3:27:14 AM
At 5/23/2016 3:15:17 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
ning?

I see the problem here. You didn't know what an allegory was...

Serpants are evil people or beings in every other reference in the Bible.

Trees are people in every other reference in the Bible.

Fruit is something that coms from soneone in every other reference in the Bible.

Nakedness is shame in every other reference in the Bible.

The term "tree of life" is used allegorically in every other reference inthe Bible. What a reason to turn. I didn't realize the Bible was allegorical and parabalistic and it just blew my mind. Really? Talking snakes? Come on Matt. Do you believe the beast of revelation is a literal beast? Please tell us no...

Exactly. The bible is not literal.

Non-fiction is literal. When a book is not to be taken literally, that is called fiction. No book is called partial fiction - it is just called fiction.

I don't believe a snake can talk but a lot of people for thousands of years that heard the same myths did believe that a snake could talk.

If God caused millions of people to believe things that never happened, then shame on him for being such a retard that he couldn't communicate any better than some imbecile with a GED.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 3:36:54 AM
At 5/23/2016 3:10:07 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Again....none of this has anything to do with Christianity. Personally, I don't argue against Deism (not that I am one) but Christianity is so easy to refute, its surprising that anyone actually takes it seriously.

Even if you could prove there was a creative force in the universe, that equally does as much to prove the flying spaghetti monster, Scientology or Christianity.