Jump to topic:

Did Jesus compensate the farmer?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 4:47:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
For killing all of his pigs or was he just an arrogant dick?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 6:34:28 PM
At 5/26/2016 4:47:51 PM, bulproof wrote:

I think in that story even it wasnt his pigs... he killed someone's pigs. or maybe he is God as our christian friends say its all his property. as a God of the old testament if he can kill little babies why not pigs?
Never fart near dog
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 12:55:49 AM

No, he didn't compensate the villagers who would then have starved without their herd. In other words, he was an arrogant prick. That is why the villagers drove him out of their village and told him never to come back. Son of God? Yeah, right.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 1:44:31 AM
At 5/27/2016 12:55:49 AM, dee-em wrote:

No, he didn't compensate the villagers who would then have starved without their herd. In other words, he was an arrogant prick. That is why the villagers drove him out of their village and told him never to come back. Son of God? Yeah, right.

You are one f*cking moron. You self centred prick. The world revolves around your stupid ego. Jesus was a great being and you are a small turd at the need of someone's anus. Jesus taught great lessons for all of mankind. Grow up you suffering ball of sh*t. You have no reason for your stupid statement other than you suck balls. What a dumb f*cking douche bag you are. You are so stupid. By the way,
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 2:25:53 AM
At 5/27/2016 1:44:31 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

You are one f*cking moron. You self centred prick. The world revolves around your stupid ego. Jesus was a great being and you are a small turd at the need of someone's anus. Jesus taught great lessons for all of mankind. Grow up you suffering ball of sh*t. You have no reason for your stupid statement other than you suck balls. What a dumb f*cking douche bag you are. You are so stupid. By the way,

Said with the usual christian love. How nice.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 2:49:25 AM
At 5/27/2016 2:25:53 AM, janesix wrote:

I'm not Christian. I guess that screws up your theory.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 5:47:34 AM
At 5/27/2016 2:49:25 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 5/27/2016 2:25:53 AM, janesix wrote:

I'm not Christian. I guess that screws up your theory.

Neither was Jesus, he was an arrogant dick if he didn't compensate the owner of the pigs he killed.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 5:47:59 AM
At 5/26/2016 6:34:28 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

I think in that story even it wasnt his pigs... he killed someone's pigs. or maybe he is God as our christian friends say its all his property. as a God of the old testament if he can kill little babies why not pigs?

Very good point Poo.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 5:51:32 AM

Thanks for that rant. Now that you have that off your chest, did I say anything which was untrue? No, I thought not.

I'm not sure what you are getting upset about. Jesus is a myth anyway. Lol.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 6:07:52 AM
At 5/27/2016 5:51:32 AM, dee-em wrote:

Thanks for that rant. Now that you have that off your chest, did I say anything which was untrue? No, I thought not.

Perhaps you can help me Dee, how did the evil spirits drown do you think?
They need to breath air?
What a stupid story.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 6:10:54 AM
At 5/27/2016 6:07:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/27/2016 5:51:32 AM, dee-em wrote:

Perhaps you can help me Dee, how did the evil spirits drown do you think?
They need to breath air?
What a stupid story.

Exactly. That's why everything about the Jesus story is obvious myth.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 7:15:27 AM
If the story is true about Jesus frightening the pigs over the cliff with silly exorcism hocus pocus, it doesn't show him up in a very good light, especially as there is no suggestion the farmer received any compensation!
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 7:37:41 AM

Why didn't Jesus destroy the demons?

Why cause the death of these pigs?

What great lessons did Jesus teach?

Matthew 13:36-44:

Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field."

He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

What a nice man he was. Should all Christians go around killing non Christians? Many Christians assumed Jesus wanted all non Christians dead, engaging in wars to conquer non Christian lands and forcing people living there to become Christians or face death. Many people have been killed for refusing to convert to Christianity.

In Matthew 19: 8-12, we read this:

He said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way. "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

The disciples said to Him, "If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry." But He said to them, "Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given. "For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother"s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."

According to Jesus castration is a good thing. No wonder the church used castrato choirs for hundreds of years.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 8:19:23 AM

I am not sure if that was a yes or no regarding compensation.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 4:03:28 PM

Since he had authority from his father to act as he saw fit it would be a little difficult to honestly call him arrogant. Jehovah's authority is ultimate, after all, everything in creation belongs to him by right of creation.

However scripture does not tell us if the owner of the swine was compensated. Evidently the writers did not feel it worth mentioning either way.
Redfordnutt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 4:23:48 PM

Fantasticly lucid and erudite response there..........
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 4:34:23 PM
At 5/27/2016 4:03:28 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Since he had authority from his father to act as he saw fit it would be a little difficult to honestly call him arrogant. Jehovah's authority is ultimate, after all, everything in creation belongs to him by right of creation.

He destroyed his creation in tbe flood except for what Noah saved. And Noah saved it for man. Besides God had created all creatures for man that man might rule over them. It was already gifted to man. Read your scriptures.

However scripture does not tell us if the owner of the swine was compensated. Evidently the writers did not feel it worth mentioning either way.

Jesus was unemployed and never held a job. He was requested to leave town after his actions upset the people who lost their pigs. There was no compensation made that the writers could mention.

When retards like you who are born with permanent brain damage try to interpret the scriptures, you invite ridicule.

You wrote:"I'll never be cured. It is not that kind of problem. It is caused by problems at, and immediately after birth which prevented my brains from developing in certain ways, and therefore have caused permanent brain "damage". Unfortunately, since my Mental Health issues are actually physical problems with a brain that never had the chance to develop properly."

You wrote:" I have, as I have mentioned before, certain Mental Health issues, which have, as it turns out, been lifelong and undiagnosed despite a visit to a Psychiatrist, at my adoptive Father's behest, when I was 15. It was almost a further 35 years before it was finally discovered that I had been working under this problem for all my life."
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 5:40:56 PM
At 5/27/2016 4:34:23 PM, Harikrish wrote:

He destroyed his creation in tbe flood except for what Noah saved. And Noah saved it for man. Besides God had created all creatures for man that man might rule over them. It was already gifted to man. Read your scriptures.

Jesus was unemployed and never held a job. He was requested to leave town after his actions upset the people who lost their pigs. There was no compensation made that the writers could mention.

When retards like you who are born with permanent brain damage try to interpret the scriptures, you invite ridicule.

You wrote:"I'll never be cured. It is not that kind of problem. It is caused by problems at, and immediately after birth which prevented my brains from developing in certain ways, and therefore have caused permanent brain "damage". Unfortunately, since my Mental Health issues are actually physical problems with a brain that never had the chance to develop properly."

You wrote:" I have, as I have mentioned before, certain Mental Health issues, which have, as it turns out, been lifelong and undiagnosed despite a visit to a Psychiatrist, at my adoptive Father's behest, when I was 15. It was almost a further 35 years before it was finally discovered that I had been working under this problem for all my life."

No wonder that people are turning away from the spiritual. If this vicious trolling is what the self-proclaimed most spiritual member of DDO finds rewarding.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 5:57:34 PM

So arrogant dick is the answer.
Thanks.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 6:22:21 PM
At 5/27/2016 5:40:56 PM, desmac wrote:

No wonder that people are turning away from the spiritual. If this vicious trolling is what the self-proclaimed most spiritual member of DDO finds rewarding.
You started out as an atheist. Now you want to kiss the feet of a spiritual Brahmin. Who is to say that isn't progress?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 8:27:20 PM
At 5/27/2016 6:22:21 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You started out as an atheist. Now you want to kiss the feet of a spiritual Brahmin. Who is to say that isn't progress?

I have not stopped being an atheist, chump. Your foot fetishism has no part in my universe.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 9:13:15 PM
At 5/27/2016 8:27:20 PM, desmac wrote:

I have not stopped being an atheist, chump. Your foot fetishism has no part in my universe.

Why are you still obsessing over my feet? Why can't you stay on topic?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 9:36:18 PM
At 5/27/2016 9:13:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You the only silly sod rabbitting on about your plates.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 9:53:26 PM
At 5/27/2016 9:36:18 PM, desmac wrote:

You are not the first low caste untouchable that was refused the privilege to kiss a Brahmins feet. Try again later.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 9:56:11 PM
At 5/27/2016 9:53:26 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You are not the first low caste untouchable that was refused the privilege to kiss a Brahmins feet. Try again later.

You STILL going on about wanting men to kiss your feet? You really are a weird pervert
BTW what do you mean when you call people untouchable?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 10:13:13 PM
At 5/27/2016 9:56:11 PM, desmac wrote:
At 5/27/2016 9:53:26 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You STILL going on about wanting men to kiss your feet? You really are a weird pervert
BTW what do you mean when you call people untouchable?

It is low caste untouchables like you who want to kiss the feet of Brahmins to improve their Karma. You naturally responded to the label low caste untouchable in every post I used the label on you. I cannot explain why it came so naturally to you. But it must have a lot to do with the way you are generally treated or avoided in your community.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 12:43:51 AM

Jewish farmers did not raise pigs.
http://www.chabad.org...

The swine in the story must have been wild ones so no compensation was necessary.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 1:52:40 AM
At 5/28/2016 12:43:51 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Who said they have to be Jewish rather than Gentiles? A look at the political map of the day will indicate that this was largely Gentile territory. It was in this part of the land that the Decapolis was established --- the league of ten, largely Gentile, cities.

The swine in the story must have been wild ones so no compensation was necessary.

Really? Matthew writes:

33 Those tending the pigs ran off, went into the town and reported all this, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men. 34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw Him, they pleaded with Him to leave their region.

Is it your experience that people tend to wild pigs?
Is it your experience that people get angry if wild animals of no consequence are killed?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 2:12:50 AM
At 5/28/2016 1:52:40 AM, dee-em wrote:

Who said they have to be Jewish rather than Gentiles? A look at the political map of the day will indicate that this was largely Gentile territory. It was in this part of the land that the Decapolis was established --- the league of ten, largely Gentile, cities.

Really? Matthew writes:

33 Those tending the pigs ran off, went into the town and reported all this, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men. 34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw Him, they pleaded with Him to leave their region.

Is it your experience that people get angry if wild animals of no consequence are killed?

Is it your experience to take mythical stories literally?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 2:23:43 AM
At 5/28/2016 2:12:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 5/28/2016 1:52:40 AM, dee-em wrote:

Really? Matthew writes:

Is it your experience to take mythical stories literally?

No more seriously than you did with your ignorant assertions.