Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christianity and Christendom

Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 7:05:05 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Christianity or Christendom, that is the question!!!!

This forum bundles the two together; however there is only one truthful version of Christianity, and that leaves up to 32,999 versions of so called Christian denominations, and then Christendom is interpreted as "all false religion".

I say one truthful version as it is logical that there can only be one truth about all, or any subject.

It is not reasonable argument to include all Christendom's religions in to an argument about Christianity. First you have to define which is Christianity and which is Christendom, and that is only a starting point.

So, as any trained trade person will tell you, the second most important item of his trade is the "Work Shop Manual". The good tradie will refer to his Manual many times to make sure he is carrying out the work to the directions of t he manufacturer.

So, from that, I am saying that the Bible is the only "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian...And if you abide by the instructions in that 'manual' the Boss will be happy.

Next time you attack Christianity, explain the dogma that you disagree with, and that will identify the religion you are against. And there are many, The Trinity, the immortal soul, Heaven and Hell, Mary going to heaven in human form, worship of idols. Accepting homosexuality, divorce for no Biblical reason, many of the things that Christendom accepts is not Christian.

These are my beliefs, and you are welcome to question them with thought and genuine interest. If you snarl, I will not answer.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 7:10:16 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 7:05:05 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Christianity or Christendom, that is the question!!!!

This forum bundles the two together; however there is only one truthful version of Christianity, and that leaves up to 32,999 versions of so called Christian denominations, and then Christendom is interpreted as "all false religion".

I say one truthful version as it is logical that there can only be one truth about all, or any subject.

It is not reasonable argument to include all Christendom's religions in to an argument about Christianity. First you have to define which is Christianity and which is Christendom, and that is only a starting point.

So, as any trained trade person will tell you, the second most important item of his trade is the "Work Shop Manual". The good tradie will refer to his Manual many times to make sure he is carrying out the work to the directions of t he manufacturer.

So, from that, I am saying that the Bible is the only "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian...And if you abide by the instructions in that 'manual' the Boss will be happy.

Next time you attack Christianity, explain the dogma that you disagree with, and that will identify the religion you are against. And there are many, The Trinity, the immortal soul, Heaven and Hell, Mary going to heaven in human form, worship of idols. Accepting homosexuality, divorce for no Biblical reason, many of the things that Christendom accepts is not Christian.

These are my beliefs, and you are welcome to question them with thought and genuine interest. If you snarl, I will not answer.

The bible is a Catholic creation so why don't you ask them?
BTW who declared it the "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 3:18:06 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 7:10:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/29/2016 7:05:05 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Christianity or Christendom, that is the question!!!!

This forum bundles the two together; however there is only one truthful version of Christianity, and that leaves up to 32,999 versions of so called Christian denominations, and then Christendom is interpreted as "all false religion".

I say one truthful version as it is logical that there can only be one truth about all, or any subject.

It is not reasonable argument to include all Christendom's religions in to an argument about Christianity. First you have to define which is Christianity and which is Christendom, and that is only a starting point.

So, as any trained trade person will tell you, the second most important item of his trade is the "Work Shop Manual". The good tradie will refer to his Manual many times to make sure he is carrying out the work to the directions of t he manufacturer.

So, from that, I am saying that the Bible is the only "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian...And if you abide by the instructions in that 'manual' the Boss will be happy.

Next time you attack Christianity, explain the dogma that you disagree with, and that will identify the religion you are against. And there are many, The Trinity, the immortal soul, Heaven and Hell, Mary going to heaven in human form, worship of idols. Accepting homosexuality, divorce for no Biblical reason, many of the things that Christendom accepts is not Christian.

These are my beliefs, and you are welcome to question them with thought and genuine interest. If you snarl, I will not answer.

The bible is a Catholic creation so why don't you ask them?
BTW who declared it the "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian?

And of course the current Catholic denomination is not the same as the original catholic church. Catholic simply means universal. Protestants consider themselves Catholic, just not Roman Catholic.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 12:55:38 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

The bible is a Catholic creation so why don't you ask them?
BTW who declared it the "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 2:57:54 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 7:05:05 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Christianity or Christendom, that is the question!!!!

This forum bundles the two together; however there is only one truthful version of Christianity, and that leaves up to 32,999 versions of so called Christian denominations, and then Christendom is interpreted as "all false religion".

I say one truthful version as it is logical that there can only be one truth about all, or any subject.

It is not reasonable argument to include all Christendom's religions in to an argument about Christianity. First you have to define which is Christianity and which is Christendom, and that is only a starting point.

So, as any trained trade person will tell you, the second most important item of his trade is the "Work Shop Manual". The good tradie will refer to his Manual many times to make sure he is carrying out the work to the directions of t he manufacturer.

So, from that, I am saying that the Bible is the only "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian...And if you abide by the instructions in that 'manual' the Boss will be happy.

According to Numbers 31, your boss will be happy if you kidnap virgins for your own use after killing their entire family.

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

The Bible does not fit my moral standards.

Next time you attack Christianity, explain the dogma that you disagree with, and that will identify the religion you are against. And there are many, The Trinity, the immortal soul, Heaven and Hell, Mary going to heaven in human form, worship of idols. Accepting homosexuality, divorce for no Biblical reason, many of the things that Christendom accepts is not Christian.

These are my beliefs, and you are welcome to question them with thought and genuine interest. If you snarl, I will not answer.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 7:11:00 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 3:18:06 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/29/2016 7:10:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/29/2016 7:05:05 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Christianity or Christendom, that is the question!!!!

This forum bundles the two together; however there is only one truthful version of Christianity, and that leaves up to 32,999 versions of so called Christian denominations, and then Christendom is interpreted as "all false religion".

I say one truthful version as it is logical that there can only be one truth about all, or any subject.

It is not reasonable argument to include all Christendom's religions in to an argument about Christianity. First you have to define which is Christianity and which is Christendom, and that is only a starting point.

So, as any trained trade person will tell you, the second most important item of his trade is the "Work Shop Manual". The good tradie will refer to his Manual many times to make sure he is carrying out the work to the directions of t he manufacturer.

So, from that, I am saying that the Bible is the only "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian...And if you abide by the instructions in that 'manual' the Boss will be happy.

Next time you attack Christianity, explain the dogma that you disagree with, and that will identify the religion you are against. And there are many, The Trinity, the immortal soul, Heaven and Hell, Mary going to heaven in human form, worship of idols. Accepting homosexuality, divorce for no Biblical reason, many of the things that Christendom accepts is not Christian.

These are my beliefs, and you are welcome to question them with thought and genuine interest. If you snarl, I will not answer.

The bible is a Catholic creation so why don't you ask them?
BTW who declared it the "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian?

And of course the current Catholic denomination is not the same as the original catholic church. Catholic simply means universal. Protestants consider themselves Catholic, just not Roman Catholic.

Please define exactly where it stopped being one and became the other.

How do you know any version of protestantism is correct? By what authority do they know their interpretation of the bible is correct?
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 7:13:50 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

Really? You have stopped sinning? Does God prevent any individual regardless of station from sinning? Besides in any large organization spanning a couple of thousand years you are bound to have examples of those who failed to do their duty. Why don't you mention those who were exemplary in their devotion?
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 7:53:49 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 2:57:54 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 7:05:05 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Christianity or Christendom, that is the question!!!!

This forum bundles the two together; however there is only one truthful version of Christianity, and that leaves up to 32,999 versions of so called Christian denominations, and then Christendom is interpreted as "all false religion".

I say one truthful version as it is logical that there can only be one truth about all, or any subject.

It is not reasonable argument to include all Christendom's religions in to an argument about Christianity. First you have to define which is Christianity and which is Christendom, and that is only a starting point.

So, as any trained trade person will tell you, the second most important item of his trade is the "Work Shop Manual". The good tradie will refer to his Manual many times to make sure he is carrying out the work to the directions of t he manufacturer.

So, from that, I am saying that the Bible is the only "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian...And if you abide by the instructions in that 'manual' the Boss will be happy.

According to Numbers 31, your boss will be happy if you kidnap virgins for your own use after killing their entire family.

And your boss would be happy if you fire bombed an entire city of women and children. Stupid much?

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

No context yet again. But we are to make a moral judgement without context.

Does your country want you to kill every Japanese? Enslave African Americans? Commit Genocide against Native Americans? Why would you think God does? Because of a verse out of context? Dude, I have video of your country knowingly killing women and children by the thousands.

But because I'm not an idiot, or trying to make a bogus point, I do not take those instances out of context and claim that America is telling Americans to kill Germans, Japanese, or American Indians.

Yet, to win a point, you will publicly become a imbecilic moron, and use your stupidity to claim higher moral ground!

The Bible does not fit my moral standards.

No. But stupidity does.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 2:26:36 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 7:53:49 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 5/31/2016 2:57:54 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 7:05:05 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Christianity or Christendom, that is the question!!!!

This forum bundles the two together; however there is only one truthful version of Christianity, and that leaves up to 32,999 versions of so called Christian denominations, and then Christendom is interpreted as "all false religion".

I say one truthful version as it is logical that there can only be one truth about all, or any subject.

It is not reasonable argument to include all Christendom's religions in to an argument about Christianity. First you have to define which is Christianity and which is Christendom, and that is only a starting point.

So, as any trained trade person will tell you, the second most important item of his trade is the "Work Shop Manual". The good tradie will refer to his Manual many times to make sure he is carrying out the work to the directions of t he manufacturer.

So, from that, I am saying that the Bible is the only "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian...And if you abide by the instructions in that 'manual' the Boss will be happy.

According to Numbers 31, your boss will be happy if you kidnap virgins for your own use after killing their entire family.

And your boss would be happy if you fire bombed an entire city of women and children. Stupid much?

I am my own boss because I am an atheist. I think that killing innocent people is immoral, regardless of what country does it. Is this your best defense of the Bible telling us Gods prophet told the men to kill the families and kidnap the virgins for their own use?

is killing innocent, non-combatants and kidnapping their virgin daughters for your own use immoral or not? How can you tell me that the Bible should be my guide to morality when I have yet to get a straight answer to this simple moral question from a Christian?

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

No context yet again. But we are to make a moral judgement without context.

Create any context you want. Lets see if you can finish this sentence:

It is wrong to kill innocent, non-combatants and kidnap their virgin daughters for your own use, except when ____________________________________________________.

If you cant finish the sentence, its because you know its immoral under all circumstances. At least I would hope you do.

Does your country want you to kill every Japanese? Enslave African Americans? Commit Genocide against Native Americans? Why would you think God does? Because of a verse out of context? Dude, I have video of your country knowingly killing women and children by the thousands.

Come on....really? That's a straw man and you know it. In case you think you have a legitimate point, let me set the record straight. I never did any of those things nor do I condone those actions so I fail how that has any connection to my premise. Feel free to explain the connection if you like however.

But because I'm not an idiot, or trying to make a bogus point, I do not take those instances out of context and claim that America is telling Americans to kill Germans, Japanese, or American Indians.

Yet, to win a point, you will publicly become a imbecilic moron, and use your stupidity to claim higher moral ground!

The Bible does not fit my moral standards.

No. But stupidity does.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 7:53:02 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 7:13:50 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

Really? You have stopped sinning? Does God prevent any individual regardless of station from sinning? Besides in any large organization spanning a couple of thousand years you are bound to have examples of those who failed to do their duty. Why don't you mention those who were exemplary in their devotion?

ME: I don't know of any from the religions of the world...But please feel free to give me your list.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 7:54:40 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 3:18:06 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/29/2016 7:10:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/29/2016 7:05:05 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Christianity or Christendom, that is the question!!!!

This forum bundles the two together; however there is only one truthful version of Christianity, and that leaves up to 32,999 versions of so called Christian denominations, and then Christendom is interpreted as "all false religion".

I say one truthful version as it is logical that there can only be one truth about all, or any subject.

It is not reasonable argument to include all Christendom's religions in to an argument about Christianity. First you have to define which is Christianity and which is Christendom, and that is only a starting point.

So, as any trained trade person will tell you, the second most important item of his trade is the "Work Shop Manual". The good tradie will refer to his Manual many times to make sure he is carrying out the work to the directions of t he manufacturer.

So, from that, I am saying that the Bible is the only "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian...And if you abide by the instructions in that 'manual' the Boss will be happy.

Next time you attack Christianity, explain the dogma that you disagree with, and that will identify the religion you are against. And there are many, The Trinity, the immortal soul, Heaven and Hell, Mary going to heaven in human form, worship of idols. Accepting homosexuality, divorce for no Biblical reason, many of the things that Christendom accepts is not Christian.

These are my beliefs, and you are welcome to question them with thought and genuine interest. If you snarl, I will not answer.

The bible is a Catholic creation so why don't you ask them?
BTW who declared it the "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian?

And of course the current Catholic denomination is not the same as the original catholic church. Catholic simply means universal. Protestants consider themselves Catholic, just not Roman Catholic.

ME: The INTERNET will give you the information of 224 different Catholic denominations...When will they get it right?
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 7:59:20 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 7:13:50 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

Really? You have stopped sinning? Does God prevent any individual regardless of station from sinning? Besides in any large organization spanning a couple of thousand years you are bound to have examples of those who failed to do their duty. Why don't you mention those who were exemplary in their devotion?

ME: So, under the thought that the Catholics were chosen by God to spread Christianity around the world, it would be perfectly acceptable if they were corrupt, immoral, thieves, murderers and deep in debauchery. Could I please ask you if Jesus had acted in the same manner, where would we be now?

BY the way, the Pope is infallible, thus is not capable of sin....Right?
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:06:41 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

The bible is a Catholic creation so why don't you ask them?
BTW who declared it the "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:09:55 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/1/2016 7:59:20 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
BY the way, the Pope is infallible, thus is not capable of sin....Right?
What makes you think the Pope is infallible and what does that have to do with sin and why do you so proudly display your ignorance?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 12:31:38 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
To those that have no comprehension skills:

I was referring to the Catholic Dogma when I posed the question of infallibility, I do not accept that he is.

When did Christianity become Christendom? Almost immediately after the preaching of Jesus, men were setting up their own interpretations of what religion should look like.

Look at the letters sent to the various congregations of the early Christians, exhorting them to stop creating factions within the groups.

Eventually, with the on set of the pagan filled, Babylonian controlled Roman Church, under Constantine, the Papists, which means Babylonian, and also refers to the Papacy, soon made it a matter of torture and death to follow the original Christ message about Christian beliefs. History supports this fact.

Eventually, the Catholic murder gangs came to the point where people became a bit more discerning, and with the Bible now in great numbers in a readable script, the power through fear of he Catholic Church was brought down to the empty shell it is today.

Other religions that rebelled against the previous power mongers, made their own religions and with the kings and lords of Empires, forced the new religions on to the populations, however, they took with them the fun bits from the Papists.

Christendom can easily be defined if you compare the Bible teachings with the dogma of the Churches, who blatantly say "Tradition is as good, or even better, that the scriptures".

There is no Idolatry, homosexuality, acceptance of genocide and murder called war, or murder in general, there is no disrespect for the Creator, there is no pagan rituals to create 'fun times' for bored parishioners, and the most important aspect of the true Christian ethic is to love one another...So how do you go are you a part of the Christian ethic, or a part of Christendom? The thing is, you can choose, you don't HAVE to be a Christian, but if you want to be, you should read 'the club rules first'
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 6:33:08 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/2/2016 12:31:38 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
To those that have no comprehension skills:

I was referring to the Catholic Dogma when I posed the question of infallibility, I do not accept that he is.

To what dogma do you refer?
BTW who declared the bible the "Work Shop Manual" for a true Christian?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:38:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
There seems to be some sort of bug in this post, Maye it has something to do with my Junk Mail Protection but posts 2-6-15-16 and 18 just show the post numbers and nothing else.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 2:52:35 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/2/2016 11:38:22 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
There seems to be some sort of bug in this post, Maye it has something to do with my Junk Mail Protection but posts 2-6-15-16 and 18 just show the post numbers and nothing else.

It's a manifestation of your fear.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 3:26:58 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 3:15:45 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Here is another one....#20....They can't be important.

Fancy being an old man afraid of words, pathetic little thing.
I pity you in your dotage.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:31:08 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/1/2016 7:53:02 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/31/2016 7:13:50 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

Really? You have stopped sinning? Does God prevent any individual regardless of station from sinning? Besides in any large organization spanning a couple of thousand years you are bound to have examples of those who failed to do their duty. Why don't you mention those who were exemplary in their devotion?

ME: I don't know of any from the religions of the world...But please feel free to give me your list.

The list of saints is too large for here. A few:

St. Damian of Molokai
Pope Pius XII
St. Mary
St. Francis
St. Teresa
St. Aloysius Gonzaga

Those are the few that came into my head right of way.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:42:54 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/1/2016 7:59:20 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/31/2016 7:13:50 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

Really? You have stopped sinning? Does God prevent any individual regardless of station from sinning? Besides in any large organization spanning a couple of thousand years you are bound to have examples of those who failed to do their duty. Why don't you mention those who were exemplary in their devotion?

ME: So, under the thought that the Catholics were chosen by God to spread Christianity around the world, it would be perfectly acceptable if they were corrupt, immoral, thieves, murderers and deep in debauchery.

Not at all. Those who perform such act are sinning. To know the truth and to live it are different things. There have been many good and holy popes. There have been a few scoundrels.

Heck the first 33 were martyred.

Could I please ask you if Jesus had acted in the same manner, where would we be now?

So you are as perfect as Jesus?

BY the way, the Pope is infallible, thus is not capable of sin....Right?

That would be impeccable. There is no doctrine of papal impeccability. The pope is only infallible (able to teach without error) under limited circumstances.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 6:14:34 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:42:54 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 6/1/2016 7:59:20 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/31/2016 7:13:50 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

Really? You have stopped sinning? Does God prevent any individual regardless of station from sinning? Besides in any large organization spanning a couple of thousand years you are bound to have examples of those who failed to do their duty. Why don't you mention those who were exemplary in their devotion?

ME: So, under the thought that the Catholics were chosen by God to spread Christianity around the world, it would be perfectly acceptable if they were corrupt, immoral, thieves, murderers and deep in debauchery.

Not at all. Those who perform such act are sinning. To know the truth and to live it are different things. There have been many good and holy popes. There have been a few scoundrels.

Heck the first 33 were martyred.

ME: To cover their behavior, and they were martyred by men.

Could I please ask you if Jesus had acted in the same manner, where would we be now?

So you are as perfect as Jesus?

ME: How do you work that out, or is it just a bit of more mud.

BY the way, the Pope is infallible, thus is not capable of sin....Right?

That would be impeccable. There is no doctrine of papal impeccability. The pope is only infallible (able to teach without error) under limited circumstances.

ME: It gets worse. Not only is the Pope incapable of error, so are the Bishops, even the pedophile ones I suppose.

The Catholic Church must now stand in contention of the latests Pope's comment to the young girl that asked him "Why Children were so abused on earth today" His infallible answer..."Well! There are many things that we do not know". You can find t his news release on Utube.

If this Pope is infallible, then the Catholic Church is in remiss of the reasons for the ills of the world, thus they have no answer for salvation. Just in case you wondered, no Bishops jumped forward to correct the Pope when he made this truthful comment.

Here is the established doctrine that yu say does not exist.

Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17"19; John 21:15"17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."

promised to him in blessed Peter." This bit is another papist lie.

To call the pope or any Pope the "Supreme Shepherd" is a malicious insult to Jesus Christ.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 6:26:08 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 6:14:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

Here is the established doctrine that yu say does not exist.

Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17"19; John 21:15"17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."
Puts the lie to your claim that the pope is infallible.
I hope you've helped, but I doubt it.
Words of greater than one syllable let alone concepts are well beyond your ken.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 8:34:56 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I wonder who it is that keeps trying to fill my post with empty pages....#26.

At least my Junk mail system must be working.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:39:59 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 8:34:56 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I wonder who it is that keeps trying to fill my post with empty pages....#26.

At least my Junk mail system must be working.
Here's a hint, your "posts" are what you write.
You really are proud of your ignorance.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 12:35:49 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 6:14:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:42:54 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 6/1/2016 7:59:20 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/31/2016 7:13:50 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

Really? You have stopped sinning? Does God prevent any individual regardless of station from sinning? Besides in any large organization spanning a couple of thousand years you are bound to have examples of those who failed to do their duty. Why don't you mention those who were exemplary in their devotion?

ME: So, under the thought that the Catholics were chosen by God to spread Christianity around the world, it would be perfectly acceptable if they were corrupt, immoral, thieves, murderers and deep in debauchery.

Not at all. Those who perform such act are sinning. To know the truth and to live it are different things. There have been many good and holy popes. There have been a few scoundrels.

Heck the first 33 were martyred.

ME: To cover their behavior, and they were martyred by men.

Yes, they were martyred for proclaiming Jesus Christ.

Could I please ask you if Jesus had acted in the same manner, where would we be now?

So you are as perfect as Jesus?

ME: How do you work that out, or is it just a bit of more mud.

Well you are on here promoting Christianity. Are you perfect? Are those in your denomination perfect? How does the imperfection of the individual reflect the truth of the message? Sure it is a scandal to the faith, however this has been true since the beginning of Christianity. One of Christ's chosen betrayed him, one outright denied him, they all ran away and only one regained enough courage to be at the foot of the cross.

BY the way, the Pope is infallible, thus is not capable of sin....Right?

That would be impeccable. There is no doctrine of papal impeccability. The pope is only infallible (able to teach without error) under limited circumstances.

ME: It gets worse. Not only is the Pope incapable of error, so are the Bishops, even the pedophile ones I suppose.

The pope is fully capable of error. Nothing that Pope Francis has done or said meets the criteria for an infallible declaration.

The Catholic Church must now stand in contention of the latests Pope's comment to the young girl that asked him "Why Children were so abused on earth today" His infallible answer..."Well! There are many things that we do not know". You can find t his news release on Utube.

Pope Francis is not a theologian like the two popes prior to him. That and he is responding to a child. The problem of suffering and evil to the innocent is difficult to explain to a child.

If this Pope is infallible, then the Catholic Church is in remiss of the reasons for the ills of the world, thus they have no answer for salvation. Just in case you wondered, no Bishops jumped forward to correct the Pope when he made this truthful comment.

Once again the Pope is not infallible on everything he says.

Here is the established doctrine that yu say does not exist.

??? Where did I deny that?

Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17"19; John 21:15"17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."

Yup, I agree with that. But read what it says. It does not say everything he says as pope is infallible.

promised to him in blessed Peter." This bit is another papist lie.

See Isaiah 22:22. When Jesus gives Peter the keys he is doing so for an office that lives beyond Peter himself.

To call the pope or any Pope the "Supreme Shepherd" is a malicious insult to Jesus Christ.

Not at all. It is meant to say that the office is so closely united to Jesus, that we can know the truth when the Pope makes an infallible declaration.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 2:02:16 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 12:35:49 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 6/3/2016 6:14:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:42:54 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 6/1/2016 7:59:20 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/31/2016 7:13:50 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/30/2016 11:43:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 5/30/2016 3:24:59 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages.

The word in English can mean either "of the Roman Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church".[5][note 1] Many Christians use it to refer more broadly to the whole Christian Church or to all believers in Jesus Christ regardless of denominational affiliation;[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(term)

ME: So, is the Catholic Faith a part of Christendom or is it fully Christianity? To define Christianity, one would have to see if a creed complies with the Bible and with the words of Jesus, don't you think?

Someone once said to me that the Catholic Church was chosen by God to spread Christianity in the world. Considering the debauchery of the Popes and early Bishops, and given the amount of people murdered by the Church, it would indicate that God made a poor choice IMO.

Really? You have stopped sinning? Does God prevent any individual regardless of station from sinning? Besides in any large organization spanning a couple of thousand years you are bound to have examples of those who failed to do their duty. Why don't you mention those who were exemplary in their devotion?

ME: So, under the thought that the Catholics were chosen by God to spread Christianity around the world, it would be perfectly acceptable if they were corrupt, immoral, thieves, murderers and deep in debauchery.

Not at all. Those who perform such act are sinning. To know the truth and to live it are different things. There have been many good and holy popes. There have been a few scoundrels.

Heck the first 33 were martyred.

ME: To cover their behavior, and they were martyred by men.

Yes, they were martyred for proclaiming Jesus Christ.

Could I please ask you if Jesus had acted in the same manner, where would we be now?

So you are as perfect as Jesus?

ME: How do you work that out, or is it just a bit of more mud.

Well you are on here promoting Christianity. Are you perfect? Are those in your denomination perfect? How does the imperfection of the individual reflect the truth of the message? Sure it is a scandal to the faith, however this has been true since the beginning of Christianity. One of Christ's chosen betrayed him, one outright denied him, they all ran away and only one regained enough courage to be at the foot of the cross.

ME: Not a well thought out question. All of mankind are sinners, but that does not mean we don't have the ability to see what is required to be righteous. However, the Papacy and all the clergy for the Catholic Church put on as much piety as money can buy. It seems that the Pope is as close to perfect that man can get, and popes change all the time.

I am not perfect, and as a sinful man I would not ever expect people to believe that I was an emissary of Jesus. One charged with bringing the message of Christ to the people. This goes against what the faithful followers were told, and it was not told to just one man. Any man that commands that position is very egotistical, and whom ever accepts that the position is Christian is venerating a man against Jesus Christ.

The history of the Catholics, in particular, show that they were not really trying to make Catholics out of sinners but to kill off all those that would not be Catholics.

God gave man the freedom of choice, the Catholics in the inquisitions, made sure that that freedom of choice was tested to death.

One bit of history shows the real concerns of the Holy Roman Empire, and that is of the Spanish murder of the Aztecs. The Vatican did not ask how many Christians were made, but instead allowed the Spanish to keep 10% of all the wealth they stole and send the rest to Rome.

BY the way, the Pope is infallible, thus is not capable of sin....Right?

That would be impeccable. There is no doctrine of papal impeccability. The pope is only infallible (able to teach without error) under limited circumstances.

ME: It gets worse. Not only is the Pope incapable of error, so are the Bishops, even the pedophile ones I suppose.

The pope is fully capable of error. Nothing that Pope Francis has done or said meets the criteria for an infallible declaration.

ME: What about the others that used the infallibility thing to command all sorts of nefarious acts to keep power or to oust one Pope to install another more politically correct Pope. Infallibility has been a great weapon for the Papacy.

The Catholic Church must now stand in contention of the latests Pope's comment to the young girl that asked him "Why Children were so abused on earth today" His infallible answer..."Well! There are many things that we do not know". You can find t his news release on Utube.

Pope Francis is not a theologian like the two popes prior to him. That and he is responding to a child. The problem of suffering and evil to the innocent is difficult to explain to a child.

ME: You have a Pope that has little knowledge of the Bible, We knew that, but to admit it is strange.

If this Pope is infallible, then the Catholic Church is in remiss of the reasons for the ills of the world, thus they have no answer for salvation. Just in case you wondered, no Bishops jumped forward to correct the Pope when he made this truthful comment.

Once again the Pope is not infallible on everything he says.

Here is the established doctrine that you say does not exist.

??? Where did I deny that?

ME: copy of your statement...: The pope is fully capable of error. Nothing that Pope Francis has done or said meets the criteria for an infallible declaration.

Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17"19; John 21:15"17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."

Yup, I agree with that. But read what it says. It does not say everything he says as pope is infallible.

promised to him in blessed Peter." This bit is another papist lie.

See Isaiah 22:22. When Jesus gives Peter the keys he is doing so for an office that lives beyond Peter himself.

Form JW.org Jesus does not give Peter first place among the apostles, nor does Jesus make him the foundation of the congregation. Jesus himself is the Rock upon which his congregation will be built. (1 Corinthians 3:11; Ephesians 2:20) Peter, though, is to receive three keys. He will have the privilege of opening, as it were, the opportunity for groups of people to enter the Kingdom of the heavens.

Peter would use the first key at Pentecost 33 C.E., showing repentant Jews and proselytes what they must do to be saved. He would use the second to open to believing Samaritans the opp