Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Why did god have Noah save pigs?

bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 8:52:05 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

God got Noah to save the pigs, so he didn't have tO pay compensation to the farmer.
And the piglets are to feed the dinosaurs.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 8:56:45 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 8:52:05 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

God got Noah to save the pigs, so he didn't have tO pay compensation to the farmer.
And the piglets are to feed the dinosaurs.
Ohh poor little piglets.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 1:45:29 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.

Pig roll, lol. Sausage roll of rolled pork?

So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

A more accurate question would be why did God allow Noah to save any of the unclean animals, let alone specify how may of them to save? After all he didn't just pick on pigs.

Can you tell me exactly what purpose in Jehovah's creation every animal has?

I doubt it, and we are definitely not told the answer to that question.

However Noah was simply told to take all of the kinds of animals that Jehovah had originally created, and told how many of each of the two classifications, clean and unclean.
dee-em
Posts: 6,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 1:55:41 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

The pigs were there for the Gentiles to eat. The Gentiles were all drowned though so that doesn't work. But there are Gentiles now so where did they come from?

Wait. I'll figure this out ........
tarantula
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 2:34:57 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
How can anyone believe the mythical flood story to be true, when it makes no sense on any level?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 2:52:23 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 2:34:57 PM, tarantula wrote:
How can anyone believe the mythical flood story to be true, when it makes no sense on any level?

In fact it answers a number of questions science cannot.

Why did the earth's climate change so dramatically?

Why did the single continent break apart? (Genesis 10:25,26).

What crushed the Mammoths from above immediately before freezing them to death when there were not hills of trees in the area.

Only the flood story truly explains those events and others.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 3:39:37 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 1:45:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.

Pig roll, lol. Sausage roll of rolled pork?

So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

A more accurate question would be why did God allow Noah to save any of the unclean animals, let alone specify how may of them to save? After all he didn't just pick on pigs.

Can you tell me exactly what purpose in Jehovah's creation every animal has?

I doubt it, and we are definitely not told the answer to that question.

However Noah was simply told to take all of the kinds of animals that Jehovah had originally created, and told how many of each of the two classifications, clean and unclean.

Hi mcb
With the animals your god created .
When 1 of his creations becomes extinct. Who's to blame ? Is this a failure on his part for making a somewhat weak , average . Kind of Creature ?
Would this even bother him in the slightest. ? Did he know this would happen. Good day.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 4:12:23 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 3:39:37 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:45:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.

Pig roll, lol. Sausage roll of rolled pork?

So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

A more accurate question would be why did God allow Noah to save any of the unclean animals, let alone specify how may of them to save? After all he didn't just pick on pigs.

Can you tell me exactly what purpose in Jehovah's creation every animal has?

I doubt it, and we are definitely not told the answer to that question.

However Noah was simply told to take all of the kinds of animals that Jehovah had originally created, and told how many of each of the two classifications, clean and unclean.

Hi mcb
With the animals your god created .
When 1 of his creations becomes extinct. Who's to blame ? Is this a failure on his part for making a somewhat weak , average . Kind of Creature ?
Would this even bother him in the slightest. ? Did he know this would happen. Good day.

That's a very good question.

Who is to blame depends on why they have become extinct.

The dinosaurs for instance.

I am 100% convinced that they were allowed to become extinct because they had fulfilled their purpose. The Bible doesn't even mention them so Jehovah can't have thought they were important over and above that fact.

When he created them he gave them the ability to adapt according to their diet. Nutritionists have conducted experiments in particular areas of the globe and have found that a change in the diet of a group of humans actually leads to a change in DNA. Probably not a significant one, but a change none the less.

According to Christ Jehovah cares very much about all his creations, even the smallest sparrow, but he apparently doesn't expect them to live forever.

Matthew 10:29-31
29 Two sparrows sell for a coin of small value, do they not? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father"s knowledge. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So have no fear; you are worth more than many sparrows.

However, as Genesis 2 reveals one of the reasons he created mankind was to care for all his creation, vegetable and animal, probably even mineral though what that would entail I have no idea.

The ting that Jesus also makes clear in that passage, when you think about it, is that Jehovah cares most for those that play their part in his purposes.

Animals have little choice but to do their bit.

Humans do, and that is why he is looking for those who wish to have a piece of it, and by the time this system is sorted out ans he wants it, only such ones will be allowed to exist.

On another tangent, lol:

Interestingly, meat only became a part of the human diet post flood.

When we started eating too much meat and not enough veg our Appendix shrivelled up and "died".

Nutritionists are currently getting very interested in a particular town in the USA, I can't remember the name of it, but the vast majority of residents living there are Scientologists, and for that reason are all either vegetarian or vegan.

Why are they getting so interested?

Because there are way over the national average number of octogenarians, nonogenarians, and even centenarians, and they want to know if that is down to their meat free diets.

As far as I am aware the study is ongoing, but it appears to be conclusively pointing to vegan being the best possible diet with vegetarian.

One thing I do know is that my health, mental and physical, has improved greatly since I cut meat out of my diet.
tarantula
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 4:17:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 2:52:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/29/2016 2:34:57 PM, tarantula wrote:
How can anyone believe the mythical flood story to be true, when it makes no sense on any level?

In fact it answers a number of questions science cannot.

Why did the earth's climate change so dramatically?

Why did the single continent break apart? (Genesis 10:25,26).

What crushed the Mammoths from above immediately before freezing them to death when there were not hills of trees in the area.

Only the flood story truly explains those events and others.

Only in the mind of the very gullible!
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 4:22:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

Some people pretend as if they are not that dumb.. and you repeatedly confirm the same.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 4:34:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 4:22:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

Some people pretend as if they are not that dumb.. and you repeatedly confirm the same.

I know God is not fine at all about homosexuals,
I wonder what his thoughts might be on , cross species relationship, like Kermit and miss piggy had?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 5:14:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 4:17:09 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 5/29/2016 2:52:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/29/2016 2:34:57 PM, tarantula wrote:
How can anyone believe the mythical flood story to be true, when it makes no sense on any level?

In fact it answers a number of questions science cannot.

Why did the earth's climate change so dramatically?

Why did the single continent break apart? (Genesis 10:25,26).

What crushed the Mammoths from above immediately before freezing them to death when there were not hills of trees in the area.

Only the flood story truly explains those events and others.

Only in the mind of the very gullible!

Only in the mind of the very gullible can there be no recognition of what is really happening in this world, lol.

Apparently you are determined to be one such.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 5:15:11 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 4:34:36 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 5/29/2016 4:22:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

Some people pretend as if they are not that dumb.. and you repeatedly confirm the same.

I know God is not fine at all about homosexuals,
I wonder what his thoughts might be on , cross species relationship, like Kermit and miss piggy had?

Lol, I don't think that is ever likely to arise outside of the world of entertainment, lol.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 1:05:39 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 2:52:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Why did the single continent break apart? (Genesis 10:25,26).
200 million years before the mythical flood.
Clutching at straws.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 1:14:26 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 1:55:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

The pigs were there for the Gentiles to eat. The Gentiles were all drowned though so that doesn't work. But there are Gentiles now so where did they come from?

Wait. I'll figure this out ........

Noah wasn't Jewish

To figure that out you would have to actually read the bible.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 1:21:08 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 1:14:26 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:55:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

The pigs were there for the Gentiles to eat. The Gentiles were all drowned though so that doesn't work. But there are Gentiles now so where did they come from?

Wait. I'll figure this out ........

Noah wasn't Jewish

To figure that out you would have to actually read the bible.
And god didn't know that he was gonna set the dietary rules. OK
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 1:22:35 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 1:21:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/30/2016 1:14:26 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:55:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

The pigs were there for the Gentiles to eat. The Gentiles were all drowned though so that doesn't work. But there are Gentiles now so where did they come from?

Wait. I'll figure this out ........

Noah wasn't Jewish

To figure that out you would have to actually read the bible.
And god didn't know that he was gonna set the dietary rules. OK

That was Moses.

You degenerate troll.
dee-em
Posts: 6,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 1:33:50 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 1:14:26 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:55:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

The pigs were there for the Gentiles to eat. The Gentiles were all drowned though so that doesn't work. But there are Gentiles now so where did they come from?

Wait. I'll figure this out ........

Noah wasn't Jewish

To figure that out you would have to actually read the bible.

Sorry, I momentarily forgot that he was a mythical character, so he was nothing at all really. Forgive me.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 1:38:58 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 1:22:35 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/30/2016 1:21:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/30/2016 1:14:26 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:55:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

The pigs were there for the Gentiles to eat. The Gentiles were all drowned though so that doesn't work. But there are Gentiles now so where did they come from?

Wait. I'll figure this out ........

Noah wasn't Jewish

To figure that out you would have to actually read the bible.
And god didn't know that he was gonna set the dietary rules. OK

That was Moses.

You degenerate troll.
So all the sh*t that Moses told his people came from god didn't come from god it was just Moses?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 1:47:09 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 1:33:50 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/30/2016 1:14:26 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:55:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

The pigs were there for the Gentiles to eat. The Gentiles were all drowned though so that doesn't work. But there are Gentiles now so where did they come from?

Wait. I'll figure this out ........

Noah wasn't Jewish

To figure that out you would have to actually read the bible.

Sorry, I momentarily forgot that he was a mythical character, so he was nothing at all really. Forgive me.

Sure. So was Charlemagne and Socrates. mythical characters. Ain't it grand the Sands of time let you reject everything you want.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 2:56:10 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

The story is an allegory synonymous with the soon coming end of the world.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 2:58:30 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
(Luke 17:26)
"Just as it was with Noah, so also will it be in the days of the coming of the Son of Man.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 3:26:20 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

He knew he would change his mind in future and declare nothing to be unclean.

Acts 10:14-16

Peter compared the unclean animals in his vision to common people...

Acts 10 :28 God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 3:27:59 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 2:34:57 PM, tarantula wrote:
How can anyone believe the mythical flood story to be true, when it makes no sense on any level?

It makes sense on an allegorical level.
dee-em
Posts: 6,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 5:37:22 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 1:47:09 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/30/2016 1:33:50 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/30/2016 1:14:26 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/29/2016 1:55:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

The pigs were there for the Gentiles to eat. The Gentiles were all drowned though so that doesn't work. But there are Gentiles now so where did they come from?

Wait. I'll figure this out ........

Noah wasn't Jewish

To figure that out you would have to actually read the bible.

Sorry, I momentarily forgot that he was a mythical character, so he was nothing at all really. Forgive me.

Sure. So was Charlemagne and Socrates. mythical characters. Ain't it grand the Sands of time let you reject everything you want.

You keep believing that Mhykiel. One day you may be able to tell us where the water to drown a world came from or where it disappeared to afterwards. Or perhaps you can tell us why God couldn't just zap the actual evildoers out of existence instead of commiting global genocide (including innocents) and causing the slaughter of all the fauna on the planet. Or perhaps you can explain the Ark logistics to us and how one man rounded up every "kind" in existence. Or ... need I go on?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 12:38:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

Hey Frank Zappa.(I mean bullproof) You want tollerance for your beliefs? (Infinite line of lol's). Hey Frank, do you wear a sign on yourself that says,"I am an Atheist!"? If not, no one is being intollerant or persecuting you. You've created something to whine like a childabout. Thanks Frank.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 12:45:54 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/30/2016 12:38:02 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 5/29/2016 8:14:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm on a bit of a pig roll here and it's delicious.
So pigs are unclean and his chosen people were not allowed to eat them, why not just let them drown and the problem is solved, or can't god see that far into the future?

Hey Frank Zappa.(I mean bullproof) You want tollerance for your beliefs? (Infinite line of lol's). Hey Frank, do you wear a sign on yourself that says,"I am an Atheist!"? If not, no one is being intollerant or persecuting you. You've created something to whine like a childabout. Thanks Frank.

What beliefs would they be saurus?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin