Why did God create parasitic eye worms?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?
Fatihah claiming he would knock out Olympic boxing gold medallist Katie Taylor and relishing the prospect of "dropping" me to make me shut up:

"I would knock you both out with ease, and drop you first so I can stop hearing you whine all the time about your jealousy for not being born a man. It's not the Qur'ans fault that the monkey you evolved from didn't ensure that you your born with the penis you so desperately want".

Fatihah, showcasing Islam in all its glory!
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 3:52:30 PM
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

So people can post videos of this on YouTube.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 3:35:28 PM
Below text is meant to insult.

This girl has 122 IQ.

She is mentally abnormal.

She is dumb.

She is immoral.

She is white.

She had lost virginity at young age (like her mother).

She is totally unsatisfied.

An atheist.

20 yo

pervert
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 3:37:51 PM
At 5/30/2016 3:35:28 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

This girl has 122 IQ.

She is dumb.

She is immoral.

She is white.

An atheist.

20 yo

pervert

You left out the most important one:

She is right.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 3:47:29 PM

Look there are two ways we can do this, ask questions, which just leads to responses to justify & rationalize which you will probably think are bullsh*t or we can just praise the lord in uplifting music claiming over and over how super awesome God is.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 5:31:13 PM

This girl has 122 IQ.

She is dumb.

She is immoral.

She is white.

An atheist.

20 yo

pervert
Not insulting just embarrassing for you.
Return to your parasitic worm hive.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 5:53:23 PM

It wasn't created to go in a persons eye, it just ends up there sometimes.
persianimmortal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 12:12:15 AM

(JUST A REMINDER, I WILL TAKE THE LONG ROUTE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION SO BARE WITH ME) :))

Intro
I am terribly, terribly sorry but I must be frank and forward with you on this one. This is quite a ridiculous and childish question. I think you're mixing up the Nature of God and the god that you see in "the Simpsons", where he zaps things into creation.......It's like saying why would God create the Wisteria plant? (a beautiful yet toxic plant.)...again another ridiculous question.

Think about it, when a new species of dolphin or bird is found, does that mean that God zapped it into creation and left it there for us to find? No, because this isn't a Divine scavenger hunt. It's called evolution, science and biology and through these processes, the designs of complex organisms are brought to life.

But every organism has a blueprint and the blueprint's purpose cannot be brought into light solely on the theoretical and hypothetical approaches that Science shares in regards to it's origins and such.

Religious Perspective
From a religious perspective, God has sown the seed of life and designed it's foundation. Within the seed of life there is the concept of Evolution, which is outlined in the following steps below:

1. Conception
2. Birth
3. Growth
4. Maturity
5. Climax
6. Decline
7. Death

But through death, comes new life, which a scientific process itself. When this scientific concept is applied to Religion, it is synonymously dubbed Progressive Revelation, meaning that religion itself has a Birth and a Death.
It should be agreed upon that change (whether in science or religion) implies progressive complexity which is, in the end, beneficial for us spiritually and physically. In order to understand both sides of the argument, we have to look into Progressive Revelation, which is a divine concept that is referred to in the Holy Scriptures. So since life itself and everything in it, has a progressive nature, why do we say religion is the only exception? Religion is revealed to us in this fashion, so that society is updated and reminded on what it truly means to be a part of a united human family and what virtues it needs in order to make it work.

What I'm trying to say is that religion, like all things organic, has an expiry date, much like an apple. On the other hand, all forms of artificial creations are specifically designed not to wear out, much like an Oreo. So due to the organic nature of the religion, the moment the religion"s adherents begin to "go bad", that's when Progressive Revelation comes into play to solve the mystery behind the deteriorating state of that religion.

In addition, all the Messengers are as doctors to the soul; they give prescriptions for the healing of mankind; but every medication has an expiry date so why keep a bottle of Advil around when you can read that it is no longer applicable to your current pains? The Advil Canada website beautifully answers this by saying, "The expiry dating on the product reflects the stability of the active ingredients in Advil. We do not recommend the use of an expired product, as the stability and potency of the product might decline past expiry." Religion is no different.

Conclusion
Science is the tool used to explain the physical functions of the complex designs that God has laid out for us in the blueprint of life. For example, the purpose of a hammer is brought into light when it has a blueprint to work on. Without a purpose, it's simply a piece of forged metal. This is where Religion and Science come hand in hand: Without Religion, Science is lost and broken but without Science, Religion is false and superstitious, so the line must be drawn somewhere. Again, think about it; we have yet to explore the depths of the oceans, so just because we haven't seen anything in those depths, doesn't mean that there aren't any organisms there waiting to be found nor does it mean that God hasn't zapped them there yet. So your question is quite ridiculous given that God had no hand in zapping anything, nor has anything been zapped into existence. I hope that makes sense.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 12:16:48 AM
At 5/31/2016 12:12:15 AM, persianimmortal wrote:
Science is the tool used to explain the physical functions of the complex designs that God has laid
No it isn't, science is unrelated to the claim that gods exist.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 12:43:44 AM

See Genesis and the Fall. Surely, any literate person is familiar with the book.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 12:54:32 AM
At 5/31/2016 12:43:44 AM, Rukado wrote:

See Genesis and the Fall. Surely, any literate person is familiar with the book.
So god made more stuff after this "fall". WOW where does it say that?
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 12:59:52 AM
I AM NOT CLICKING ON THAT LINK AND YOU CANNOT MAKE ME.

I looked up "leishmaniasis" in Google Images once. ONCE. I am not looking up another parasitic disease. I've done my time. I have seen what cannot be unseen. I don't care what theological or counter-theological point you are trying to make. I will not see more of what cannot be unseen.

La la la la la la la... there are no eye worms... la la la la la la... no eye worms...
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 1:19:09 AM
At 5/31/2016 12:54:32 AM, bulproof wrote:

I'm here to debate, not to give anyone a primer. (And, I don't appreciate when some arrogant ignoramus starts trying to "educate" me on a topic.)
simplelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 1:22:41 AM

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite? : :

Who said the Lord is a just, kind and loving God?

Isaiah 44
24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --

Hosea 13
4: I am the LORD your God from the land of Egypt; you know no God but me, and besides me there is no savior.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 1:39:56 AM
At 5/31/2016 1:19:09 AM, Rukado wrote:
At 5/31/2016 12:54:32 AM, bulproof wrote:

I'm here to debate, not to give anyone a primer. (And, I don't appreciate when some arrogant ignoramus starts trying to "educate" me on a topic.)

You claimed that the fall had some bearing on the creation of the worms under discussion, do you retract that now?
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 2:32:41 AM
At 5/31/2016 1:39:56 AM, bulproof wrote:
You claimed that the fall had some bearing on the creation of the worms under discussion, do you retract that now?

Learn about the Bible's teaching on the Fall, then we can discuss it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 2:38:04 AM
At 5/31/2016 2:32:41 AM, Rukado wrote:
At 5/31/2016 1:39:56 AM, bulproof wrote:

Learn about the Bible's teaching on the Fall, then we can discuss it.
If your now having problems with your fallacious claim it's understandable.
Try to think before you type next time.
BTW why did your god have Noah save such a creature?
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:00:35 AM
At 5/31/2016 2:38:04 AM, bulproof wrote:

You want to debate the God (of the Bible) and the creation of parasitic eye worms, yet you're not familiar with the Bible's creation account (which ends in the Fall). Dude, read the source material before you debate it.

Your question about Noah is another issue. It's not why did God create a parasitic eye worm, it's why did God preserve the worm.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:12:32 AM
At 5/31/2016 4:00:35 AM, Rukado wrote:
At 5/31/2016 2:38:04 AM, bulproof wrote:

You want to debate the God (of the Bible) and the creation of parasitic eye worms, yet you're not familiar with the Bible's creation account (which ends in the Fall). Dude, read the source material before you debate it.
What is it that gives you that impression? It's certainly not anything I've written.
Your question about Noah is another issue. It's not why did God create a parasitic eye worm, it's why did God preserve the worm.
Well done, yes that is the secondary question I asked. Do you have an answer?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:48:25 AM

He apparently did all things for his own pleasure.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 7:57:12 PM
At 5/31/2016 4:48:25 AM, Skyangel wrote:

He apparently did all things for his own pleasure.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Completely agree. The God of the bible is an incredibly cruel creature who likes to make living things suffer.
Fatihah claiming he would knock out Olympic boxing gold medallist Katie Taylor and relishing the prospect of "dropping" me to make me shut up:

"I would knock you both out with ease, and drop you first so I can stop hearing you whine all the time about your jealousy for not being born a man. It's not the Qur'ans fault that the monkey you evolved from didn't ensure that you your born with the penis you so desperately want".

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:01:09 PM
At 5/31/2016 1:22:41 AM, simplelife wrote:

Every Christian I speak to. I'm just showing people the truth about Yawheh.

Isaiah 44
24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --

Hosea 13
4: I am the LORD your God from the land of Egypt; you know no God but me, and besides me there is no savior.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

As the following link shows, Yawheh is extremely cruel.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.co.uk...

keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:09:09 PM
Sometimes its not clear if people are arguing for the non-existence of god or the existence of a bad god.

I'll be unambiguous: God didn't create eye worms because god doesn't exist.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:22:44 PM
At 5/31/2016 12:12:15 AM, persianimmortal wrote:

(JUST A REMINDER, I WILL TAKE THE LONG ROUTE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION SO BARE WITH ME) :))

Intro
I am terribly, terribly sorry but I must be frank and forward with you on this one. This is quite a ridiculous and childish question. I think you're mixing up the Nature of God and the god that you see in "the Simpsons", where he zaps things into creation.......It's like saying why would God create the Wisteria plant? (a beautiful yet toxic plant.)...again another ridiculous question.

You believe in the baha I faith. I know nothing about it other than it is a cult of Islam. I assume though your creation account is the same as that of Islam?

Think about it, when a new species of dolphin or bird is found, does that mean that God zapped it into creation and left it there for us to find? No, because this isn't a Divine scavenger hunt. It's called evolution, science and biology and through these processes, the designs of complex organisms are brought to life.

This thread was aimed at theists who believe in intelligent design and deny evolution. However any monotheistic god is responsible for the existence of all living creatures. Your god is an evolution of the ancient israelites war god Yawheh. If he exists and is all powerful, omnipotent and omniscient he must have wanted this creature to exist. If he didn't want it to exist you have to acknowledge his knowledge and power has limits which would contradict your beliefs.

But every organism has a blueprint and the blueprint's purpose cannot be brought into light solely on the theoretical and hypothetical approaches that Science shares in regards to it's origins and such.

Religious Perspective
From a religious perspective, God has sown the seed of life and designed it's foundation. Within the seed of life there is the concept of Evolution, which is outlined in the following steps below:

1. Conception
2. Birth
3. Growth
4. Maturity
5. Climax
6. Decline
7. Death

But through death, comes new life, which a scientific process itself. When this scientific concept is applied to Religion, it is synonymously dubbed Progressive Revelation, meaning that religion itself has a Birth and a Death.
It should be agreed upon that change (whether in science or religion) implies progressive complexity which is, in the end, beneficial for us spiritually and physically. In order to understand both sides of the argument, we have to look into Progressive Revelation, which is a divine concept that is referred to in the Holy Scriptures. So since life itself and everything in it, has a progressive nature, why do we say religion is the only exception? Religion is revealed to us in this fashion, so that society is updated and reminded on what it truly means to be a part of a united human family and what virtues it needs in order to make it work.

Your religion has only 5 million adherents. Why has your god not done a better job of telling people about the true religion? Your the only believer in the baha I faith I have ever interacted with. Until 1844 your religion didn't even exist.

What I'm trying to say is that religion, like all things organic, has an expiry date, much like an apple. On the other hand, all forms of artificial creations are specifically designed not to wear out, much like an Oreo. So due to the organic nature of the religion, the moment the religion"s adherents begin to "go bad", that's when Progressive Revelation comes into play to solve the mystery behind the deteriorating state of that religion.

What really happens is humans change religions meaning they evolve into new ones. As shown by the evolution of religions such as Christianity and Islam over the last thousand years into thousands of denominations.

In addition, all the Messengers are as doctors to the soul; they give prescriptions for the healing of mankind; but every medication has an expiry date so why keep a bottle of Advil around when you can read that it is no longer applicable to your current pains? The Advil Canada website beautifully answers this by saying, "The expiry dating on the product reflects the stability of the active ingredients in Advil. We do not recommend the use of an expired product, as the stability and potency of the product might decline past expiry." Religion is no different.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam have too many contradictions to be versions of a continually evolving true religion. None of them have any prophecy that future divine revelation will lead to the old religion and all its teachings become defunct.

Conclusion
Science is the tool used to explain the physical functions of the complex designs that God has laid out for us in the blueprint of life. For example, the purpose of a hammer is brought into light when it has a blueprint to work on. Without a purpose, it's simply a piece of forged metal. This is where Religion and Science come hand in hand: Without Religion, Science is lost and broken but without Science, Religion is false and superstitious, so the line must be drawn somewhere. Again, think about it; we have yet to explore the depths of the oceans, so just because we haven't seen anything in those depths, doesn't mean that there aren't any organisms there waiting to be found nor does it mean that God hasn't zapped them there yet. So your question is quite ridiculous given that God had no hand in zapping anything, nor has anything been zapped into existence. I hope that makes sense.

Christianity claims things were snapped into existence. Many Christians believe exactly that so I'm questioning them on this false belief. Religion and science are incompatible. Religion has long tried to prevent advances in scientific knowledge that contradicts its teachings. Science disproves religion so religion is forced to simply ignore it. Religion is the 50kg weight on science's back that it is finally shaking off after centuries of struggling.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:40:37 PM
At 5/30/2016 5:53:23 PM, rnjs wrote:

It wasn't created to go in a persons eye, it just ends up there sometimes.

Why did God create a parasitic worm?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:50:22 PM
At 5/31/2016 12:43:44 AM, Rukado wrote:

That's the best excuse a Christian can make. However it simply creates more problems. Why would an omniscient, omnipotent god not know that the fall of humanity was inevitable given the way Adam and eve were designed by God himself? If he didn't want it to happen he could have created them differently, destroyed Satan before he tricked and deceived Adam and eve or simply not carry out such severe punishment for such a minor misdemeanor, merely eating an Apple. How were Adam and eve to be expected to resist a superior more powerful creature like an angel anyway? The Christian god obviously planned the fall of man if Christianity is true and the Christian god is all knowing and all powerful.

Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 9:08:58 PM
At 6/1/2016 8:50:22 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
The Christian god obviously planned the fall of man if Christianity is true and the Christian god is all knowing and all powerful.

Obviously.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 10:20:26 PM

This girl has 122 IQ.

122 IQ is above average.

Yes, she's above average intelligence, good work.

She is dumb.

You just said her IQ is 122, which is above average

She is immoral.

You just posted a direct attack online, you're not moral.

She is white.

That is correct (To the best of my knowledge)/

And you care why?

She seems pretty satisfied to me.

An atheist.

Nice work, you can read a profile description, have a cookie :https://www.hamptoncreek.com...

20 yo

Ya, shes in the prime of her life, nice of you to notice.

pervert

True or not, at least she can use capital letters.
Meh!
simplelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 3:19:05 AM
At 6/1/2016 8:01:09 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/31/2016 1:22:41 AM, simplelife wrote:

Every Christian I speak to. I'm just showing people the truth about Yawheh.

Isaiah 44

Hosea 13

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

As the following link shows, Yawheh is extremely cruel.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.co.uk... : :

This is why our Creator plans on killing all the characters in his program who think they are real people. In the New Heaven and Earth experience, man won't remember observing his body die in the past.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 4:51:45 AM

It implies God is not merely loving but also belongs to other inconvenient attitudes.