werbenjagermanjensen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 6:56:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 12/10/2010 9:58:26 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
: lovelife's cool.

Insert statement that I wrote myself here. Cuz sigging your own words is cool!

Jannah Ta'alumah (Mitchell)
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:34:04 AM
Though she didn't let him speak very much, I agree with her.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 4:22:37 AM
At 12/13/2010 4:45:36 PM, Fatihah wrote:
That is Bahrain's abuse of women, not islam's.

Really!!! Wherever there is blind following of 'Islam', which happens in many, many Islamic countries, women and children are treated no better than cattle or possessions. I say now that this is a dreadful crime against the blessed Allah and will lead to the happy downfall of all these tribal distortions of His Holy Words! A different set of crimes in Judaism and Christianity will also be the cause of their eventual demise.
As long as ANY so-called religion leads to cruelty against others, it will begin to crumble over time. And when these beasts hiding behind religious masks stand before - in this case the most Loving Allah - they will punish themselves with an unbearable GUILT and fall into an unsuspected Horror of their own making.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 8:10:06 AM
At 12/11/2010 6:56:33 PM, werbenjagermanjensen wrote:

Could someone elaborate on what they were talking about, in regard to infants? It sounded horrific!
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:02:04 AM
As opposed to labeling it "Islam", label it either Bahrain or Shi'ite. Moreover, just pointing this out, did anyone else realize that the woman is a Muslim herself? She's simply arguing against several practices that take place, that are NOT endorsed by Islam- they are fallacious Shi'ite interpretations
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 10:45:48 AM
At 12/14/2010 9:02:04 AM, m93samman wrote:
As opposed to labeling it "Islam", label it either Bahrain or Shi'ite. Moreover, just pointing this out, did anyone else realize that the woman is a Muslim herself? She's simply arguing against several practices that take place, that are NOT endorsed by Islam- they are fallacious Shi'ite interpretations

It is has always been the same with Religions of EVERY kind. Their wicked customs are always blamed on a mistranslation of a particular sect or book. The surest way to judge a Country or Religion is by the way it treats its women and children. When ALL of these tribal, cruel religions based upon books are gone from the earth, and replaced with the Universal Teachings of Love and Equality, then and only then will we all be FREE and EQUAL. Until then we must suffer the understandable backlash from Atheism.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 10:47:06 AM
At 12/14/2010 10:45:48 AM, Ogan wrote:
It is has always been the same with Religions of EVERY kind. Their wicked customs are always blamed on a mistranslation of a particular sect or book. The surest way to judge a Country or Religion is by the way it treats its women and children. When ALL of these tribal, cruel religions based upon books are gone from the earth, and replaced with the Universal Teachings of Love and Equality, then and only then will we all be FREE and EQUAL. Until then we must suffer the understandable backlash from Atheism.
Do you know what brought human rights to light more effectively than ever, and most noticeable? Do you want a lecture on that before you praise atheism for doing and being nothing?
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 11:44:23 AM
The tendency of Americans and Europeans today to look down their modern noses at the supposed abuse of women in Muslim societies actually harkens back to the days of undisguised and brazen colonialism. Back then the citizens of Western empire-building nations chose to view the peoples they were beating down and exploiting as backward in various respects and in need of being "civilized", Western-style.

In France, for example, the spin that was put on imperialism was that it was the mission civilisatrice, the "mission of civilization", i.e. the noble work of destroying indigenous cultures and cloning them to be more European, and therefore more amenable to being ruled by Europeans.

In keeping with their arrogant rationalization for inflicting their hegemony on other peoples, Europeans and Americans latched on to any and everything about their victim's cultures that could be viewed as behind-the-times vis–à–vis the West. Quite simply, bigoted Westerners cherry-picked aspects of Asian and African societies that they considered to be socially unenlightened and stupid in order to justify dominating them.

In fact the academic disciplines of anthropology and oriental studies arose largely to analyze what made yellow, brown, and black cultures inferior, so that their white masters could feel sanctimonious about subjugating them.

Today, in the era of neo-colonialism and globalization we in the hypocritical West carry on this holier-than-thou habit of justifying our global overlordship by focusing our attention on such facets and foibles of Arab and Muslim culture as the mistreatment of women that's supposedly endemic in them. Westerners gathered around the water cooler enjoy puffing themselves up by putting down the devotees of an alien faith they scarcely understand for practices such as purdah (seclusion of women) or wearing the hijab (the scarf that covers the head).

Opining about how deplorable "their" treatment of women is serves to make us feel quite righteous about our modern cultural imperialism, and about our own heavy-handed treatment of Islamic societies. But then this is how it always works, prejudice always follows and excuses the injustices of the mighty. For example, slavery preceded racism, racism was largely a construct invented to justify the great evil of enslaving black Africans.

Today we adopt the pretentious stance of being progressively prejudiced against the sexual inequality prevailing in the countries we're engaged in vassalizing and in the minds of many Americans this helps validate our own "benevolent" form of colonialism. But the truth be told, we're not really all that progressive on women's rights issues, we never did adopt the ERA as an amendment to the United States Constitution, but criticizing Muslims for how they hold down their women allows us to deal with them from a position of social and moral superiority, so we hypocritically harp about the heinousness of the burqa, etc.

Yes, we tell ourselves that we've taken up the mission civilisatrice, that we invade countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq to free their women from the cruel repression of the Taliban and bestow the blessings of Western democracy upon their populations. We try to fool ourselves that it's just our "manifest destiny" to render such a humanitarian service to other societies, when deep-down we know that the business and political Establishment that rules the rich nations is only interested in profiting itself, improving the status of women in the Third World is just a convenient afterthought that allows us to feel good about our self-serving and greedy foreign policy.

Well then, let's get real with ourselves, we don't care all that much about Muslim women, we just like to feel right and righteous in everything that we do as a nation, and so we fasten on to anything negative about our victim's culture that seems to give us the ethical high ground, yep, the mistreatment of women in Muslim lands is just one more phony issue we exploit to own the high ground.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 2:47:15 PM
At 12/14/2010 10:45:48 AM, Ogan wrote:
At 12/14/2010 9:02:04 AM, m93samman wrote:

Response: A religion can not treat women and children bad, but a person doing acts in the name of religion can. A religion is an ideology, hence, an idea, so to say that a religion can mistreat women and children is irrational. It can teach mistreatment, but it can't be enforced unless a person acts upon the idea. Thus a religion should be judged on what it teaches and those who actually follow it's teaching, not those claiming to follow it. As such, islam should be acknowledged as a religion which uplifts women in the best of morals and conduct, as its actual teaching and those who follow it demonstrate so. For there are many inhumane acts which are done in the name of love as well, yet no one questions whether or not love is the way to go. Instead, we say that such acts are not an example of love as love is defined by compassion and care. Similarly, islam should not be defined by inhumane acts people do in the name of islam, as the laws of islam is defined by compassion and care as well and the best concepts of justice and peace as well.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 4:14:23 PM
Absolute rubbish!!! The cruelty to women and children has nothing to do with anything but this. IT IS WRONG!!! And so-called religion or business promulgates it NOW, and should take the blame regardless of worn-out, sick of hearing it, battered in the brain with it, history. And that is it! I don't give a monkeys nut what you intellectualise - I am against it, and if YOU are not... I am against YOU!!! If I were in your living room now, I would well and truly bitch slap you till you repented your stupidity!!!
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 4:34:04 PM
At 12/14/2010 4:14:23 PM, Ogan wrote:
Absolute rubbish!!! The cruelty to women and children has nothing to do with anything but this. IT IS WRONG!!! And so-called religion or business promulgates it NOW, and should take the blame regardless of worn-out, sick of hearing it, battered in the brain with it, history. And that is it! I don't give a monkeys nut what you intellectualise - I am against it, and if YOU are not... I am against YOU!!! If I were in your living room now, I would well and truly bitch slap you till you repented your stupidity!!!

Response: Yet you couldn't refute anything O said or find error in it. Thud your own words support the fact that it is you speaking rubbish, not the contrary.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 4:37:21 PM
At 12/14/2010 4:34:04 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/14/2010 4:14:23 PM, Ogan wrote:

Response: Yet you couldn't refute anything I said or find error in it. Thus your own words support the fact that it is you speaking rubbish, not the contrary.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 4:40:38 PM
Response: Yet you couldn't refute anything O said or find error in it. Thud your own words support the fact that it is you speaking rubbish, not the contrary.

Bollocks!!! You little person! I will stand up for women and children and you don't like it do you! That's two bitch slaps you are in line for now, so you had better clear off out of the kitchen you jumped up little protector of NOTHING.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 4:51:42 PM
At 12/14/2010 4:40:38 PM, Ogan wrote:

Bollocks!!! You little person! I will stand up for women and children and you don't like it do you! That's two bitch slaps you are in line for now, so you had better clear off out of the kitchen you jumped up little protector of NOTHING.

Response: Another childlike response which disproves nothing. At least you are consistent, even though it's consistence in being flawed.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 5:11:16 PM
At 12/14/2010 4:51:42 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/14/2010 4:40:38 PM, Ogan wrote:

Response: Another childlike response which disproves nothing. At least you are consistent, even though it's consistence in being flawed.

While I agree that something should be done in reference to the treatment of women and children, these expressions of rage are not the way. Women like the one in the video, ARE the way. These women need to come together and voice their opinion. If they do not, then we have no place to back them up, but as soon as they do, they will have more than enough support to change the way things are done in their culture.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 5:56:11 PM
While I agree that something should be done in reference to the treatment of women and children, these expressions of rage are not the way. Women like the one in the video, ARE the way. These women need to come together and voice their opinion. If they do not, then we have no place to back them up, but as soon as they do, they will have more than enough support to change the way things are done in their culture.

Ogan:
One absolutely brave women fighting on her own among a load of fanatic wolves and you tell me that "These women need to come together and voice their opinion. If they do not, then we have no place to back them up, but as soon as they do, they will have more than enough support to change the way things are done in their culture." You utter fool! Just like the coward who spoke before you. You want women and little girls to suffer even more tortures just to "get enough support" for change! Do you have any idea whatsoever what these women and children are living and dying under already before you ask them to go even further? I very much doubt it Mr comfortable! Why don't you do something about it or if you can't, put up and shut up!
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 6:18:44 PM
At 12/14/2010 5:56:11 PM, Ogan wrote:

Ogan:
One absolutely brave women fighting on her own among a load of fanatic wolves and you tell me that "These women need to come together and voice their opinion. If they do not, then we have no place to back them up, but as soon as they do, they will have more than enough support to change the way things are done in their culture." You utter fool! Just like the coward who spoke before you. You want women and little girls to suffer even more tortures just to "get enough support" for change! Do you have any idea whatsoever what these women and children are living and dying under already before you ask them to go even further? I very much doubt it Mr comfortable! Why don't you do something about it or if you can't, put up and shut up!

How about ideas for practical solutions rather than rhetoric and insults. Who is the fool in this situation?
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 6:31:15 PM
How about ideas for practical solutions rather than rhetoric and insults. Who is the fool in this situation?

Your solution was CRAP! And you know it! The fool is the giver of false gold, I have not given any yet - apart from what isn't gold. will I? Can I be bothered? Who knows, seeings how I am tired of doing the fighting for you. Look to your Conscience first, THEN think. Why ask someone else?
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 8:17:56 AM
At 12/14/2010 6:31:15 PM, Ogan wrote:

Your solution was CRAP! And you know it! The fool is the giver of false gold, I have not given any yet - apart from what isn't gold. will I? Can I be bothered? Who knows, seeings how I am tired of doing the fighting for you. Look to your Conscience first, THEN think. Why ask someone else?

You have used much more character space, in futility, than me. So, I would say you can be bothered. You CHOOSE to insult and stomp out constructive conversation, but, to what end? More rhetoric with the fool's gold rubbish, as well. My conscience is clear, sir.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 12:43:56 PM
At 12/18/2010 3:56:44 PM, spiritislife wrote:
"Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like . . . . "

-QURAN 2:223

Response: "Wives, submit yourselves unto your husbands, as unto the Lord".

-BIBLE Ephes.5:22
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 1:39:25 PM
At 12/27/2010 12:43:56 PM, Fatihah wrote:
"Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like . . . . "

Both are warped. I think the Islamic women should make their own religion, where they beat the dog sh#t out their husbands, then we will see if it's right.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 2:11:56 PM
At 12/27/2010 1:39:25 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Both are warped. I think the Islamic women should make their own religion, where they beat the dog sh#t out their husbands, then we will see if it's right.

Response: To the contrary, your reply as well as the bible is warped, not the verse from the qur'an.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 2:20:04 PM
At 12/27/2010 2:11:56 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: To the contrary, your reply as well as the bible is warped, not the verse from the qur'an.

All three are warped, but mine was actually a joke. I have done a lot of studying of the OT, NT, and Quran for the last 2 months or so, and it has occurred to me that all three are completely ridiculous. Woman are beaten and killed because of these books(mostly the Quran). That is unacceptable by HUMAN standards, and shows the time in which these books were written.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 2:29:59 PM
At 12/27/2010 2:20:04 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 12/27/2010 2:11:56 PM, Fatihah wrote:

All three are warped, but mine was actually a joke. I have done a lot of studying of the OT, NT, and Quran for the last 2 months or so, and it has occurred to me that all three are completely ridiculous. Woman are beaten and killed because of these books(mostly the Quran). That is unacceptable by HUMAN standards, and shows the time in which these books were written.

Response: Yet you can't provide a shred of evidence that the qur'an is warped. Thus such a reply is unacceptable by HUMAN standards, as no good moral person criticizes without proof.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 3:24:02 PM
At 12/27/2010 2:20:04 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
How can you read the OT, NT, and the Qur'an, and even study them, and then even compare women in those books? It is like comparing WWII to a catfight and saying, "The catfight is certainly more horrible..."