Jump to topic:

Religious Awareness

Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 3:24:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Would you like your children to learn about various faiths, traditions and cultures?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 3:24:25 PM
If you are an atheist - What kind of festivals are celebrated at your home?
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 3:58:39 PM
At 5/31/2016 3:24:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Would you like your children to learn about various faiths, traditions and cultures?

Of course. Who wouldn't?

I think having a general overview of human history is essential to a basic education. Every child should be given a basic historical overview of philosophy, science, art, religion, and politics. They need to know how humans have thought about their own existence, and organized themselves in the past, and what we've learned from it as a result.
simplelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:06:34 PM
Would you like your children to learn about various faiths, traditions and cultures? : :

I think it's important that children learn about other people and their faiths, traditions, cultures and what they believe in. This way, they will learn that every single person is different than another person. If a child is taught that he or she is a very special person who is different than all the rest of the people on earth, then they will grow up with less fear than a child who is constantly told he or she is a Christian, Muslim, a Jew, Buddhist, American, Chinese, black, white, yellow, etc.

If a child is taught that he or she is a specially formed being made by God without any biased religious views, that child will be much better off.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 6:31:09 AM
Not even a single atheist posted a reply.

They are not fit to co exist and embrace other religions.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 7:34:50 AM
At 6/2/2016 6:31:09 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

The atheists are probably tired of your malicious behavior and choose to ignore you.
ContraDictator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 7:36:00 AM

True, we are not fit to co-exist with those that look down upon us. We instead seek to annihilate your kind and make you kneel before us calling us your new Krishna.
I tend to fight any opinion, regardless of my agreement or disagreement to it. I believe to only fight opinions that you disagree with is a sign of a weak and rigid state of mind.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 7:51:42 AM
At 5/31/2016 3:24:25 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
If you are an atheist - What kind of festivals are celebrated at your home?

Christmas, Easter, the usual. I don't care that they're a religious thing, they have become more than that.
Meh!
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 8:21:52 AM

Clickbait.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 9:46:58 AM

Absolutely.

There is an age old saying "know your enemy", and whilst the members of other faiths are not our enemies their false beliefs are, therefore comparative religious studies are vital, if only so they can know for sure they are in the right place, but also comes in very handy in the ministry.

That is why comparative religious studies, although not formally treated as such, are frequently part of the JWs mid week study meeting.

JWs know they are in the true faith and have nothing to fear from learning about others.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:27:44 AM
At 6/2/2016 9:46:58 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Absolutely.

There is an age old saying "know your enemy", and whilst the members of other faiths are not our enemies their false beliefs are, therefore comparative religious studies are vital, if only so they can know for sure they are in the right place, but also comes in very handy in the ministry.

That is why comparative religious studies, although not formally treated as such, are frequently part of the JWs mid week study meeting.

JWs know they are in the true faith and have nothing to fear from learning about others.

You are such a poor model for your children that they have ignored you after you abandoned them when they were still little. And what can be worse than to have a dead beat father who was also disfellowshipped and shunned by the Jehovah's Witnesses for over a decade. You are nothing but an embarrassment to all who come to know you.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 3:02:43 PM
At 6/2/2016 11:27:44 AM, Harikrish wrote:

Absolutely.

You are such a poor model for your children that they have ignored you after you abandoned them when they were still little. And what can be worse than to have a dead beat father who was also disfellowshipped and shunned by the Jehovah's Witnesses for over a decade. You are nothing but an embarrassment to all who come to know you.

You call yourself hindu.

You call yourself 'muslim champion'.

You call yourself 'VEDANTIST'.

Like a white skinned dimwit imitating hindu way of life, at the end of your brand intro there is ' Namaste to you '. Poor communication skills aside, you did not even realize we start by saying namaste. Before introducing ourselves !

What have you done other than strengthening the typical association of hindu'ism' with caste system. Western books are already loaded with such lies.

WHAT IS IT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING FOR OVER A YEAR ON THIS SITE?

YOU HAVE FAILED TO SPARK INTEREST IN OUR INDIGENOUS OFFERINGS TO THE WORLD.

Who are you?
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 3:20:49 PM
At 6/2/2016 7:36:00 AM, ContraDictator wrote:

True, we are not fit to co-exist with those that look down upon us. We instead seek to annihilate your kind and make you kneel before us calling us your new Krishna.

Very few people can actually pronounce the name of eight avatar of Lord Vishnu.

It is Not possible to write it in english language.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 3:21:46 PM
At 6/2/2016 3:02:43 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

Like a white skinned dimwit imitating hindu way of life, at the end of your brand intro there is ' Namaste to you '. Poor communication skills aside, you did not even realize we start by saying namaste. Before introducing ourselves !

What have you done other than strengthening the typical association of hindu'ism' with caste system. Western books are already loaded with such lies.

Who are you?

Ouch! True, but Ouch none the less.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 5:03:00 PM

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

I don't see you even introducing yourself. You must be the other low caste untouchable.

I have proven that Hundus are well versed in other religions and will even champion their causes.

Promoting spirituality. I am recognized as the most spiritual member on DDO.

Most Spiritual discusses Spirituality
http://www.debate.org...

I have drawn attention to the disproportionately poor representation of Hindus on religious forums. Unfortunately the esoteric scriptures in Hinduism are beyond the scope of the average member on DDO who either worships a corpse that was nailed to the wooden cross or believe their ancestors were swinging on the trees from which the cross was made.
Who are you?
I am Harikrish a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian theology and Islamic fundamentalist. I am also a Brahmin who will occasionally allow my feet to be kissed by low caste untouchables like you when it will help to improve your Karma. You certainly need help with your Karma.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 5:19:49 PM
My children have learned about those things. And I'm thankful I taught them about numerous beliefs held around the world. Both of them have been confronted by friends and acquaintances at school (they're in elementary school, by the way) about Jesus, hell, and the devil and both have been informed and confident enough to stand up for themselves. Who knows what kind of psychological harm might have been done if I had sheltered them from religion.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 5:42:03 PM
At 6/2/2016 5:03:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

I don't see you even introducing yourself. You must be the other low caste untouchable.

I have proven that Hundus

So you are Hundu.. tell me something about Hundus?

are well versed in other religions and will even champion their causes.

I have drawn attention to the disproportionately poor representation of Hindus on religious forums. Unfortunately the esoteric scriptures in Hinduism are beyond the scope of the average member on DDO who either worships a corpse that was nailed to the wooden cross or believe their ancestors were swinging on the trees from which the cross was made.
Who are you?
I am Harikrish a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian theology and Islamic fundamentalist. I am also a Brahmin who will occasionally allow my feet to be kissed by low caste untouchables like you when it will help to improve your Karma. You certainly need help with your Karma.

You just forgot to say namaste, what happened?

You can not even type correctly.. your fingers shake because of anguish.

YOU ARE NOT A HINDU.

A spiritual person does not look down upon others. He lives in harmony with nature. Big and small make the world.

There is no place for negativity in hindu'ism'.

You have been brainwashed by your christian wife.

INDIA IS FOR HINDUS TO LIVE IN - YOU MAY LEAVE THIS LAND WITH YOUR FOREIGN WIFE.

HINDUS LIVE IN BROTHERHOOD. THERE WERE NO DALITS BEFORE BRITISH CAME TO INDIA.

BRAHMINS ALTERED VEDAS FOR THEIR OWN GOOD. THEY BECAME DECADENT.

INDIA BELONGS TO PEOPLE WITH INDIAN DNA. THERE IS NOTHING HERE FOR YOU.

NEXT TIME YOU REPEAT YOUR LIES - YOU WILL BE SPAMMED.

FUCKlNG BASTARD.!.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 8:41:18 PM
At 6/2/2016 5:42:03 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

Who are you?

YOU ARE NOT A HINDU.

A spiritual person does not look down upon others. He lives in harmony with nature. Big and small make the world.

INDIA IS FOR HINDUS TO LIVE IN - YOU MAY LEAVE THIS LAND WITH YOUR FOREIGN WIFE.

FUCKlNG BASTARD.!.

You easily qualify for OBC or Other Backward Caste government aid. . That is government handouts for low caste untouchables who are also backward. You are obviously angry with your Karma. But don't blame Brahmins for your unprivileged life. Kissing their feet is not the only way to change your Karma. You have other options like bathing more frequently.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 3:42:58 AM
At 6/2/2016 8:41:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

Who are you?

YOU ARE NOT A HINDU.

FUCKlNG BASTARD.!.

You easily qualify for OBC or Other Backward Caste government aid. . That is government handouts for low caste untouchables who are also backward. You are obviously angry with your Karma. But don't blame Brahmins for your unprivileged life. Kissing their feet is not the only way to change your Karma. You have other options like bathing more frequently.

You are a self loathing hindu now.

Your christian wife takes the credit.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 4:09:53 AM

Hypocrite.
Meh!
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 4:11:15 AM
At 6/3/2016 4:09:53 AM, Axonly wrote:

Hypocrite.

Or

Acceptance.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 1:54:03 PM
At 6/2/2016 3:20:49 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 6/2/2016 7:36:00 AM, ContraDictator wrote:

Very few people can actually pronounce the name of eight avatar of Lord Vishnu.

It is Not possible to write it in english language.

Of course it is.
dumb and dumber times 4.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 2:21:11 PM
At 6/3/2016 3:42:58 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

Who are you?

YOU ARE NOT A HINDU.

FUCKlNG BASTARD.!.

I am a Brahmin. Nothing to complain about. So I have to let a few low caste untouchables like you kiss my feet to help them improve their Karma. I only wash after they are done kissing my feet. The smell of soap appears to bother the low caste untouchables. Many are even allergic to soap. Are you?

Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:05:47 PM
At 6/3/2016 2:21:11 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

Who are you?

YOU ARE NOT A HINDU.

FUCKlNG BASTARD.!.

I am a Brahmin. Nothing to complain about. So I have to let a few low caste untouchables like you kiss my feet to help them improve their Karma. I only wash after they are done kissing my feet. The smell of soap appears to bother the low caste untouchables. Many are even allergic to soap. Are you?

Karma? Are you a white man?

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:05:17 PM
At 6/3/2016 5:05:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

Who are you?

YOU ARE NOT A HINDU.

FUCKlNG BASTARD.!.

I am a Brahmin a member of the highest Hindu caste, that of the priesthood. The closest you will be allowed to a Brahmin is to touch and kiss his feet.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:23:38 PM
At 6/3/2016 7:05:17 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

Who are you?

YOU ARE NOT A HINDU.

FUCKlNG BASTARD.!.

I am a Brahmin a member of the highest Hindu caste, that of the priesthood. The closest you will be allowed to a Brahmin is to touch and kiss his feet.

If that is true then I guess it explains your over inflated opinion of your own importance.

I pity you.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:37:57 PM
At 6/3/2016 7:23:38 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Absolutely.

You call yourself hindu.

Who are you?

YOU ARE NOT A HINDU.

FUCKlNG BASTARD.!.

If that is true then I guess it explains your over inflated opinion of your own importance.

I pity you.

You don't even have nice feet.

You agreed you are a wobbly lopsided cripple.

You wrote:" .The prognosis for my Osteo-Arthritis according to the surgeon who performed the Quadricepsplasty operation on my left leg was that I would be n a wheelchair by the time I was 40."

And how do you compare a Brahmin a member of the highest Hindu caste, that of the priesthood to someone like you who lived is such depravity.

You remain divorced after 4 marriages and your children ignores you.
You remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW elders.
You engaged in unnatural sexual acts and called yourself a serial adulterer.
You remain financially strapped, your fund raising attempts all failed.
You are still on medication for your suicidal depressions.
You are now physically handicapped and live on disability assistance.
You haven't been laid in 15 years.
You live alone with a dog.
You were diagnosed with permanent brain damage and an underdeveloped brain from birth which is reflected in your chaotic life decisions.
You turned to Jehovah,but your government handouts are paying your bills.
You are 67 and do not have any employable skills besides being too old to work.
You think jesus was an angel. Everyone knows he was a Jewish carpenters son.
You pray to Jehovah a meaningless name in the English language.
Last we heard you were raising money for a motorcycle because your old one had to be scrapped.
You failed to raise money on Gofundme.com so you could join Imelda after trying for several years.
You were looking for relationships after committing to marry Imelda.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 1:36:17 AM

Absolutely.

This is personal harassment toward MCB which is entirely irrelevant and off topic Hari. Shame on you.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 1:44:39 AM

FUCKlNG BASTARD.!.

Do you consider yourself to be a spiritual person who does not look down on others?
If so, what's up with calling another person a FB ?

Shame on you.
If you want to preach about not looking down on others, try setting a good example.

Calling other members rude names is unnecessary and only shows how immature you are.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 1:52:40 AM
At 6/3/2016 7:37:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 6/3/2016 7:23:38 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I pity you.

You don't even have nice feet.

You agreed you are a wobbly lopsided cripple.

You wrote:" .The prognosis for my Osteo-Arthritis according to the surgeon who performed the Quadricepsplasty operation on my left leg was that I would be n a wheelchair by the time I was 40."

And how do you compare a Brahmin a member of the highest Hindu caste, that of the priesthood to someone like you who lived is such depravity.

You remain divorced after 4 marriages and your children ignores you.
You remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW elders.
You engaged in unnatural sexual acts and called yourself a serial adulterer.
You remain financially strapped, your fund raising attempts all failed.
You are still on medication for your suicidal depressions.
You are now physically handicapped and live on disability assistance.
You haven't been laid in 15 years.
You live alone with a dog.
You were diagnosed with permanent brain damage and an underdeveloped brain from birth which is reflected in your chaotic life decisions.
You turned to Jehovah,but your government handouts are paying your bills.
You are 67 and do not have any employable skills besides being too old to work.
You think jesus was an angel. Everyone knows he was a Jewish carpenters son.
You pray to Jehovah a meaningless name in the English language.
Last we heard you were raising money for a motorcycle because your old one had to be scrapped.
You failed to raise money on

Your constant personal harassment of MCB is unwarranated and immature Hari .
GROW UP and stop acting like a childish bully in a playground.