Jump to topic:

Does God Exist

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 3:33:07 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
If so, Why? Which god do you believe? Why do you think they exist? Do you have proof?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 3:39:38 PM
At 6/1/2016 3:33:07 PM, fire_wings wrote:
If so, Why? Which god do you believe? Why do you think they exist? Do you have proof?

Eeny, meeny, miney, moe.
Redfordnutt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 4:17:04 PM

No, I have never seen proof of a God.

IMO God's are clearly man-made because an omnipotent being would not continually contradict himself and commit logical fallacies, whereas we know humans are fallible, so for us to invent a fallacious ego-propping God is quite obviously what has happened?

Can any theist prove this didn't happen?
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 4:26:01 PM
Does God exist.

Yes, "God" exists.

If so, Why?

"God" is the why.

Which god do you believe?

Whichever one works given the circumstances.

Why do you think they exist?

"He, she, they, it; it doesn't matter. Our gods exist because we need them to.

Do you have proof?

Why would I need proof? Do I need proof that love exists? Or beauty, or justice, or fate?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 9:58:26 PM
If so, Why?

I believe in god because ive met him. He opened my chakras and showed me all of my faults.

Which god do you believe?

No god of any religion that i know of.

Why do you think they exist?

Personal experience.

Do you have proof?

No.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 4:52:32 AM

Yes God does exist. Allah is our God. Because He is a true God. Yes I have proof.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 5:33:18 AM

Yes God/gods exists. God is a CONCEPT which exists in human reality. God/gods are invisible characters with supernatural powers which are worshipped and idolised by humans.
Invisible characters with supernatural powers, are humans creations. They exist in myths and fantasies and human imaginations.
The religions of the world are proof of the existence of the CONCEPTS they worship, regardless of the forms or names they give to their visible and invisible idols.

If the CONCEPT called God, did not exist, no one would be arguing about it due to the fact that no one would be aware of it.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 4:35:33 PM
At 6/2/2016 5:33:18 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Yes God/gods exists. God is a CONCEPT which exists in human reality. God/gods are invisible characters with supernatural powers which are worshipped and idolised by humans.
Concepts are created to describe, explain and capture reality as it is known and understood and is based on a priori knowledge or a posteriori knowledge. Explaining God as a concept is how humans communicate their priori or posteriori knowledge of the creator.

Invisible characters with supernatural powers, are humans creations. They exist in myths and fantasies and human imaginations.
Human imagination occurs in the same brain that creates perceptions of reality. In short, our imagination is not an alternative to reality.
Our imagination is our reality.

The religions of the world are proof of the existence of the CONCEPTS they worship, regardless of the forms or names they give to their visible and invisible idols.

All the religions of the world support the concept of a God proving the fact that belief in God is hardwired in Hunan psyche and part of human DNA. Such a deliberate manipulation proves the creator found a way to make its existence known.

If the CONCEPT called God, did not exist, no one would be arguing about it due to the fact that no one would be aware of it.
Anything that is so widely spread must confer on the believers an evolutionary advantage or it would not have survived the test of time.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 4:43:48 PM
At 6/1/2016 3:39:38 PM, bulproof wrote:

Eeny, meeny, miney, moe.

5 billion of Abrahamic faith and the exact battle depicted in the Bible is happening now. No guesswork to it.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 4:45:58 PM
At 6/2/2016 4:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/1/2016 3:39:38 PM, bulproof wrote:

Eeny, meeny, miney, moe.

5 billion of Abrahamic faith and the exact battle depicted in the Bible is happening now. No guesswork to it.

Gods and religions are all about battles?
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 5:48:39 PM
Before we go into questioning existence of God , Some points need to be mentioned ;

01 Who is God ? Is he Space Time , Matter , Energy , Consciousness etc ?
02 Is God a Person or Impersonal ?
03 Is God outside the Universe or Is he inside the Universe ?
04 Is God a Creator or a Creation ?

>_<

God can't be proved Deductively but he may be proved inductively .
Now whether you consider Induction Logic is a separate question .