Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Small informal poll

SNP1
Posts: 2,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Chaosism
Posts: 2,742
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 4:27:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.

1) None
2) Yes
3) Never actually considered it, but I'd have no problem with it.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 7:11:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?

None

2) Are you a registered organ donor?

Yes

3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

No


I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.
If Gravity were true, and Darwinism true - both of which are taught as true to children, then we would evolve as pancake people. - Edlvsjd

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Chloe8
Posts: 2,831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 10:32:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.

I'm an atheist, a registered organ donor and I'm going to donate my body to science.

I would be surprised if any of the theists here are registered organ donors and I would be shocked if any of them intend to donate their bodies to science.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 10:41:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.

1) Catholic
2) No, but only because I don't believe in leaving open permission. My wife and family have authority to do so.
3) No. I don't believe the scientific community treats the dead with sufficient respect. I have no problem with it in principle.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:42:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 7:11:55 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
None

2) Are you a registered organ donor?
No, but as next of kin, Mrs D has my consent to donate my organs if she wishes. (In fact, more technically, I waive any right to object.)

3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?
As next of kin, Mrs D also has my consent to donate my body if she wishes, as above.

The rationale here is that my first duty is to the physical and psychological well-being of those I love. If they are strong enough at the time to assist others with spare parts for which both they and I have no use, then I hope that is what they'll do.

However if they are not, then I do not wish to give license to poorly-supervised vested commercial interests to make that decision for them. Since there is residual risk in the gap, I would rather it fall upon those interests than upon my loved ones.
dee-em
Posts: 7,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 11:48:16 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?

None.

2) Are you a registered organ donor?

Yes.

3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

No.

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 12:13:43 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.

Neo-Judeo-Christian, more or less.

Yes.

I haven't made any arrangements to do so, but I told my sons they could go ahead and sell my corpse to one of those body farms and save a ton on funeral costs.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:53:37 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
I'm a Christian.
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
Probably will become one.
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?
Maybe, it depends on what it's going to be used for, though.
I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.
I think this is a bunch of nonsense. The Bible says nowhere that Christians cannot donate organs to help other people. In fact, the Bible teaches to be charitable.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
MagicAintReal
Posts: 794
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 6:20:59 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.

1. Heliolatry
2. Yes.
3. Yes, given that my body wasn't damaged beyond use.
Fkkize
Posts: 2,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 6:43:59 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
None
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
Yes
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?
Yes
famousdebater
Posts: 3,957
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:34:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:53:37 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
I'm a Christian.
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
Probably will become one.
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?
Maybe, it depends on what it's going to be used for, though.
I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.
I think this is a bunch of nonsense. The Bible says nowhere that Christians cannot donate organs to help other people. In fact, the Bible teaches to be charitable.

Jehovah witnesses have a different interpretation on that.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 7:24:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/4/2016 6:34:43 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:53:37 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
I'm a Christian.
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
Probably will become one.
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?
Maybe, it depends on what it's going to be used for, though.
I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.
I think this is a bunch of nonsense. The Bible says nowhere that Christians cannot donate organs to help other people. In fact, the Bible teaches to be charitable.

Jehovah witnesses have a different interpretation on that.
The Jehovah's Witness group is a cult. They deny basic principles of Christianity, thus they shouldn't be classified as such. Here are some examples of how they deny basic principles of Christianity: https://carm.org...

And, if you'd like, I made a debate on this. I explained more on why they are a cult, and not a legitimate Christian denomination.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 3:13:05 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I'm utterly baffled that anyone would try to correlate religious affiliation with donating their corpse or body parts.

You must have a lot of deep seeded prejudice.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
dee-em
Posts: 7,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 4:01:02 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
The phrase is "deep seated", o wise one. Lol.

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu...
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 4:42:56 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/5/2016 4:01:02 AM, dee-em wrote:
The phrase is "deep seated", o wise one. Lol.

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu...

troll harder, loser.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Axonly
Posts: 1,873
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 5:17:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
None
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
Yes
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?
Dependent, my organs would go to recipients who needed them, but if this can't happen for whatever reason, then my body is going to science.

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.
Meh!
mrsatan
Posts: 455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:27:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.

1) None
2) Yes
3) I have no issues with doing so, but ultimately I'd leave it to my loved ones to decide. If burying me helps them grieve, then I would prefer they do so.
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
dee-em
Posts: 7,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 1:14:22 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/5/2016 4:42:56 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/5/2016 4:01:02 AM, dee-em wrote:
The phrase is "deep seated", o wise one. Lol.

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu...


troll harder, loser.

When someone corrects you they are a troll and a loser?
You must have been an interesting student in school. Lol.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Axonly
Posts: 1,873
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 1:19:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.

So how does the poll look so far?
Meh!
sedevacantist
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 1:21:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?

1) Christian
2) Yes
3) Unsure
"Reveal to the faithful the wolves which are demolishing the Lord's vineyard."
- Pope Clement XIII, Encyclical Christianae Reipublicae, 1766
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 2,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 3:08:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 6/2/2016 4:18:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) What is your religious affiliation?
2) Are you a registered organ donor?
3) Are you going to donate your body to science when you die?
1) none
2)yes
3) they already have part, so I'm not sure when I die if I'm donating the rest.
I have seen many studies where non-religious are more likely to answer yes to 2 and 3, but am curious about what the results would be on DDO.
That would make sense since non religious people equate themselves as being great apes and scientists have consistently shown that animals aren't to be treated morally...lol...I'm joking