Total Posts:91|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How to Prove that God is Real......

missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.
Biodome
Posts: 138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 3:26:33 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

So, if I cite some passages from Harry Potter in a similar manner, do I prove that Harry Potter is real?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 3:34:52 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

And about time.
Now we got this cleared up. What's next.
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 3:44:38 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 3:26:33 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

So, if I cite some passages from Harry Potter in a similar manner, do I prove that Harry Potter is real?

Do you have faith in magic, are you claiming Harry Potter is real, do you love and worship Harry Potter?
missmozart
Posts: 306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:07:37 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

I have faith in God but unfortunately for some 'odd' reason, I still cannot move mountains or fig trees. (Well possibly fig trees, but mountains? I'm not so sure...)
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome
Biodome
Posts: 138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:17:59 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 3:44:38 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:26:33 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

So, if I cite some passages from Harry Potter in a similar manner, do I prove that Harry Potter is real?

Do you have faith in magic, are you claiming Harry Potter is real, do you love and worship Harry Potter?

No. I am just saying that the way you are trying to prove God (i.e. proof from the Bible) is analogous to trying to prove any other being through the use of some work of literature.

If you would want to prove the existence of God, then internal, biblical proof is inadequate. You need external, empirical proof. That's how people usually prove various things.
rnjs
Posts: 378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:20:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

Anything you ask God to do still has to be in tune with His will.Even though He could dump a million dollars in your bank account, that doesn't mean He will.
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:26:33 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:17:59 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:44:38 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:26:33 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

So, if I cite some passages from Harry Potter in a similar manner, do I prove that Harry Potter is real?

Do you have faith in magic, are you claiming Harry Potter is real, do you love and worship Harry Potter?

No. I am just saying that the way you are trying to prove God (i.e. proof from the Bible) is analogous to trying to prove any other being through the use of some work of literature.

If you would want to prove the existence of God, then internal, biblical proof is inadequate. You need external, empirical proof. That's how people usually prove various things.

The entire Christian belief system is based on the one book, the bible. And no proof is needed only faith. You do not need to prove god, you only need to believe his word is true, so you either believe his word is true or you don't.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:29:30 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:20:02 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

Anything you ask God to do still has to be in tune with His will.Even though He could dump a million dollars in your bank account, that doesn't mean He will.

Then, it isn't in Gods will to eradicate cancer and other diseases, or to stop tectonic plates from shifting causing earthquakes and tsunamis that have killed hundreds of thousands, or any number of plagues, disasters and atrocities mankind experiences every day.

In fact, God's will appears to be exactly aligned with the laws of nature, evolution and indifference to everything. Curious, yet baffling, that will of God is...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Biodome
Posts: 138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:30:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:26:33 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:17:59 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:44:38 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:26:33 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

So, if I cite some passages from Harry Potter in a similar manner, do I prove that Harry Potter is real?

Do you have faith in magic, are you claiming Harry Potter is real, do you love and worship Harry Potter?

No. I am just saying that the way you are trying to prove God (i.e. proof from the Bible) is analogous to trying to prove any other being through the use of some work of literature.

If you would want to prove the existence of God, then internal, biblical proof is inadequate. You need external, empirical proof. That's how people usually prove various things.

The entire Christian belief system is based on the one book, the bible. And no proof is needed only faith. You do not need to prove god, you only need to believe his word is true, so you either believe his word is true or you don't.

So you concede that there is no proof of God then? The title of this thread and your original post seemed to imply otherwise. If all you need is faith, then why all this bickering about biblical passages that supposedly prove the existence of God?
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:31:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:20:02 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

Anything you ask God to do still has to be in tune with His will.Even though He could dump a million dollars in your bank account, that doesn't mean He will.

God's own words "ask and you shall receive". How do you know god's will if you can't trust god's word?
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:30:02 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:26:33 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:17:59 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:44:38 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:26:33 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

So, if I cite some passages from Harry Potter in a similar manner, do I prove that Harry Potter is real?

Do you have faith in magic, are you claiming Harry Potter is real, do you love and worship Harry Potter?

No. I am just saying that the way you are trying to prove God (i.e. proof from the Bible) is analogous to trying to prove any other being through the use of some work of literature.

If you would want to prove the existence of God, then internal, biblical proof is inadequate. You need external, empirical proof. That's how people usually prove various things.

The entire Christian belief system is based on the one book, the bible. And no proof is needed only faith. You do not need to prove god, you only need to believe his word is true, so you either believe his word is true or you don't.

So you concede that there is no proof of God then? The title of this thread and your original post seemed to imply otherwise. If all you need is faith, then why all this bickering about biblical passages that supposedly prove the existence of God?

This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.
Biodome
Posts: 138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:42:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM, missmedic wrote:
This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.

So if people already have faith and take God's words as true, then they are already believers, are they not?

Also, what exactly do you mean by "moving mountains"? Should this be understood in a literal or figurative way?
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:55:58 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:42:36 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM, missmedic wrote:
This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.

So if people already have faith and take God's words as true, then they are already believers, are they not?
yes , now move a mountain.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "moving mountains"? Should this be understood in a literal or figurative way?
I do not know, I only read the book, I do not interrupt the book. Why not ask god what he meant, if you have faith and a personal relationship with god, he will answer like he said he would.
Thomistic_Calvinist
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:21:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

mfw Jesus speaks in metaphors and people think they are literal
missmozart
Posts: 306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:26:59 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:55:58 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:42:36 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM, missmedic wrote:
This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.

So if people already have faith and take God's words as true, then they are already believers, are they not?
yes , now move a mountain.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "moving mountains"? Should this be understood in a literal or figurative way?
I do not know, I only read the book, I do not interrupt the book. Why not ask god what he meant, if you have faith and a personal relationship with god, he will answer like he said he would.

Your forum was created (or so it appears) to teach people how to believe in God. So if you're not answering any questions, how do you expect people to be convinced?
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:29:27 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:42:36 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM, missmedic wrote:
This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.

So if people already have faith and take God's words as true, then they are already believers, are they not?

Also, what exactly do you mean by "moving mountains"? Should this be understood in a literal or figurative way?
Are you seriously claiming that you don't understand what "moving mountains" means?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Biodome
Posts: 138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:33:30 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:29:27 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:42:36 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM, missmedic wrote:
This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.

So if people already have faith and take God's words as true, then they are already believers, are they not?

Also, what exactly do you mean by "moving mountains"? Should this be understood in a literal or figurative way?
Are you seriously claiming that you don't understand what "moving mountains" means?

I do understand it. From my experience, however, there are two kinds of believers: those that take such quotes in a literal sense, and those, who take them figuratively. I just wanted to see who am I dealing with in this case.
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:34:52 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:26:59 PM, missmozart wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:55:58 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:42:36 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM, missmedic wrote:
This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.

So if people already have faith and take God's words as true, then they are already believers, are they not?
yes , now move a mountain.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "moving mountains"? Should this be understood in a literal or figurative way?
I do not know, I only read the book, I do not interrupt the book. Why not ask god what he meant, if you have faith and a personal relationship with god, he will answer like he said he would.

Your forum was created (or so it appears) to teach people how to believe in God. So if you're not answering any questions, how do you expect people to be convinced?

This is an opportunity for Christian to use their faith to show nonbelievers that the word of god is true.
missmozart
Posts: 306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:43:01 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:34:52 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:26:59 PM, missmozart wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:55:58 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:42:36 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM, missmedic wrote:
This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.

So if people already have faith and take God's words as true, then they are already believers, are they not?
yes , now move a mountain.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "moving mountains"? Should this be understood in a literal or figurative way?
I do not know, I only read the book, I do not interrupt the book. Why not ask god what he meant, if you have faith and a personal relationship with god, he will answer like he said he would.

Your forum was created (or so it appears) to teach people how to believe in God. So if you're not answering any questions, how do you expect people to be convinced?

This is an opportunity for Christian to use their faith to show nonbelievers that the word of god is true.

You're doing a really great job then...I'm sure one or two have already been converted...
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:43:49 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:21:05 PM, Thomistic_Calvinist wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

mfw Jesus speaks in metaphors and people think they are literal

How do you know? And why would god want his massage so vague and unclear? This would only empower the religious authority to infer any meaning they need. And they do.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:46:12 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:43:49 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:21:05 PM, Thomistic_Calvinist wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

mfw Jesus speaks in metaphors and people think they are literal

How do you know? And why would god want his massage so vague and unclear? This would only empower the religious authority to infer any meaning they need. And they do.

Methinks the divine Miss M may be teasing the theists.
Biodome
Posts: 138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:47:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:34:52 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:26:59 PM, missmozart wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:55:58 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:42:36 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM, missmedic wrote:
This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.

So if people already have faith and take God's words as true, then they are already believers, are they not?
yes , now move a mountain.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "moving mountains"? Should this be understood in a literal or figurative way?
I do not know, I only read the book, I do not interrupt the book. Why not ask god what he meant, if you have faith and a personal relationship with god, he will answer like he said he would.

Your forum was created (or so it appears) to teach people how to believe in God. So if you're not answering any questions, how do you expect people to be convinced?

This is an opportunity for Christian to use their faith to show nonbelievers that the word of god is true.

Now you're contradicting yourself. You have just said that this is "an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers." From this I understand that you want to take the all of the people who already accept God's word in one way or another, and make them "true believers" that can "move mountains". Only question is, figuratively, or literally?

Alternatively, if you are here trying to convince non-believers to believe in God, I have already pointed out why using the Bible and the Bible alone is not such a convincing strategy. If people don't take God's word seriously in the first place, how can you convince them to take it seriously using God's word, which they don't take seriously... I thin you get the idea. The point here is that people want something more external, more objective or empirical, something more convincing than just a biblical passage and a vague promise that they will be able to "move mountains".
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:50:39 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:46:12 PM, desmac wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:43:49 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:21:05 PM, Thomistic_Calvinist wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

mfw Jesus speaks in metaphors and people think they are literal

How do you know? And why would god want his massage so vague and unclear? This would only empower the religious authority to infer any meaning they need. And they do.

Methinks the divine Miss M may be teasing the theists.

Your quick, you must be a freethinker, like me.........
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:55:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:47:56 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:34:52 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:26:59 PM, missmozart wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:55:58 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:42:36 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:39:14 PM, missmedic wrote:
This is an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers.

So if people already have faith and take God's words as true, then they are already believers, are they not?
yes , now move a mountain.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "moving mountains"? Should this be understood in a literal or figurative way?
I do not know, I only read the book, I do not interrupt the book. Why not ask god what he meant, if you have faith and a personal relationship with god, he will answer like he said he would.

Your forum was created (or so it appears) to teach people how to believe in God. So if you're not answering any questions, how do you expect people to be convinced?

This is an opportunity for Christian to use their faith to show nonbelievers that the word of god is true.

Now you're contradicting yourself. You have just said that this is "an offer to people of faith who take god's word as true, to use their faith and move a mountain and make us all believers." From this I understand that you want to take the all of the people who already accept God's word in one way or another, and make them "true believers" that can "move mountains". Only question is, figuratively, or literally?

Alternatively, if you are here trying to convince non-believers to believe in God, I have already pointed out why using the Bible and the Bible alone is not such a convincing strategy. If people don't take God's word seriously in the first place, how can you convince them to take it seriously using God's word, which they don't take seriously... I thin you get the idea. The point here is that people want something more external, more objective or empirical, something more convincing than just a biblical passage and a vague promise that they will be able to "move mountains".

You missed the entire point of my thread, I am asking believers to use their faith and ask their god to do as he said you could do with faith...............besides believe what is unbelievable.
missmozart
Posts: 306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:59:04 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:43:49 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:21:05 PM, Thomistic_Calvinist wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

mfw Jesus speaks in metaphors and people think they are literal

How do you know? And why would god want his massage so vague and unclear? This would only empower the religious authority to infer any meaning they need. And they do.

It's called fundamentalism.
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome
Biodome
Posts: 138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:03:55 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:55:19 PM, missmedic wrote:
You missed the entire point of my thread, I am asking believers to use their faith and ask their god to do as he said you could do with faith...............besides believe what is unbelievable.

So why is the whole tread called "How to Prove that God is Real"? A title like this usually attracts non-believers, curious about what kind of proof the OP can provide. Naturally, they would be disappointed by a single biblical passage that, in their minds, doesn't prove anything.

Since you are here to convince people who already believe in God of their spectacular powers and abilities (or whatever you mean by moving mountains), then this isn't really proof you're offering. It's basically a thread by Christians for Christians.
PureX
Posts: 1,515
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 8:07:20 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
It's easy to prove that God is real, simply by proving that ideals are real. Because "God" is an ideal. And of course, ideals are real. Love, beauty, justice, these are all ideals and they are all 'real' from a human perspective. They are so real, in fact, that we use them to define our experience of reality, itself. (Though we don't all use the same ideals.)

Beyond the obvious, then, I'm not sure what this thread is about. And from reading the posts, it doesn't seem the rest of you do, either.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 8:39:55 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 6:03:55 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:55:19 PM, missmedic wrote:
You missed the entire point of my thread, I am asking believers to use their faith and ask their god to do as he said you could do with faith...............besides believe what is unbelievable.

So why is the whole tread called "How to Prove that God is Real"? A title like this usually attracts non-believers, curious about what kind of proof the OP can provide. Naturally, they would be disappointed by a single biblical passage that, in their minds, doesn't prove anything.

Missmedic is mocking believers this poster is an atheist.


Since you are here to convince people who already believe in God of their spectacular powers and abilities (or whatever you mean by moving mountains), then this isn't really proof you're offering. It's basically a thread by Christians for Christians.

And yes you are correct, "moving mountains" is symbolic, it basically means move obstacles.... problems....hindrances ect ect could be spiritual, ,mental and maybe physical, it isn't a command to go out and move hills around lol. People focus too much on the objects within the parables, that is why the principles go over their heads.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 8:43:00 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:17:59 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:44:38 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:26:33 PM, Biodome wrote:
At 6/4/2016 3:08:15 PM, missmedic wrote:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 21:21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea," and it would obey you.
John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
.................so if you have faith in god then it should be easy, just ask god and you can move mountains or fig trees.

So, if I cite some passages from Harry Potter in a similar manner, do I prove that Harry Potter is real?

Do you have faith in magic, are you claiming Harry Potter is real, do you love and worship Harry Potter?

No. I am just saying that the way you are trying to prove God (i.e. proof from the Bible) is analogous to trying to prove any other being through the use of some work of literature.

Not the work of literature, application of that literature. These are called principles, spiritual principles.


If you would want to prove the existence of God, then internal, biblical proof is inadequate. You need external, empirical proof. That's how people usually prove various things.

Yes, that's called application and observation. In order to reap from the spirit you must sow into it, you do that by applying, but this is individual observation.