Jump to topic:

Christian terrorism

Syko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 11:08:18 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
A lot of christians I know are completely islamophobic. What they fail to realise however is that Christian terrorism has been more widespread and historically pervasive than Islam terrorism.

In 1987, an extremist Christian militant group who became known as the Lord"s Resistance Army (LRA) began fighting the government in Uganda in a brutal streak of organised terrorist attacks and military movements. The LRA abducted children, sending the boys to fight and die instead of the soldiers, and using the girls as sex slaves. In 2006, UNICEF estimated that 25000 children had been kidnapped by this organisation, doomed to slavery, the front lines or mass killings. When the government cracked down on the LRA, the LRA responded by attacking refugee camps, killing hundreds of civilians. Since then, the LRA had displaced over a quarter of a million people, forcing them to flee their homes in the wake of widespread mutilations of villagers and massacres of civilians.
https://web.archive.org...

This is not isolated to one part of the world. There are christian terror groups in the USA, such as Phineas priesthood and Lord's army. Simply because they aren't reported by media doesn't mean they don't exist.

Conclusions:
>Christianity is not different to Islam
>Christians should "be temporarily banned from the country."
>Christians are violent and are to be feared (especially if you're thinking of abortion)
>Christians who attack Islam for violence are hypocrites.
For Mother Russia.
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 11:29:35 PM
At 6/5/2016 11:08:18 PM, Syko wrote:
A lot of christians I know are completely islamophobic. What they fail to realise however is that Christian terrorism has been more widespread and historically pervasive than Islam terrorism.

In 1987, an extremist Christian militant group who became known as the Lord"s Resistance Army (LRA) began fighting the government in Uganda in a brutal streak of organised terrorist attacks and military movements. The LRA abducted children, sending the boys to fight and die instead of the soldiers, and using the girls as sex slaves. In 2006, UNICEF estimated that 25000 children had been kidnapped by this organisation, doomed to slavery, the front lines or mass killings. When the government cracked down on the LRA, the LRA responded by attacking refugee camps, killing hundreds of civilians. Since then, the LRA had displaced over a quarter of a million people, forcing them to flee their homes in the wake of widespread mutilations of villagers and massacres of civilians.

This is not isolated to one part of the world. There are christian terror groups in the USA, such as Phineas priesthood and Lord's army. Simply because they aren't reported by media doesn't mean they don't exist.

Conclusions:
>Christians are violent and are to be feared (especially if you're thinking of abortion)

And how exactly does this connect to the beliefs of Christianity?
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 11:34:21 PM

Conclusions:

As for Christian terrorist groups in the United States, Phineas Priesthood isn't even an organized group. And any actions committed by such groups are few and far between
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
Syko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 11:36:35 PM
At 6/5/2016 11:29:35 PM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:
And how exactly does this connect to the beliefs of Christianity?

The fundamental motivation is the propogation of Christian values, such as when pro-abortionists are murdered, or when entire villages of muslims are mass executed.
For Mother Russia.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 1:42:54 AM
A lot of Christians I know are completely islamophobic. What they fail to realise however is that Christian terrorism has been more widespread and historically pervasive than Islam terrorism.

Conclusions:

Just because one calls themselves Christian does not mean they are Christian or have Christian values Christians who do unchristian things are being inconsistent with Christian values.I could commit atrocities in the name of Syko but that doesn't mean Syko sanctioned it.
Muslims, on the other hand, who follow Muhammad's instructions in the Koran are being consistent with their beliefs. All of Muhammad's writings are supposed to supersede all other writings before it, in what is known as abrogation.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 2:43:08 AM
Geez where do you logically inept morons come from? You cannot prove that a claim by another person as to what motivates their actions is true, therefore to claim it is or base a "statement" as if you accept it as true means you accept things as being true without evidence that can be acquired to prove it's true. You got faith in your belief, yippppeeee hypocrite.

Conclusions:
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 2:53:34 AM
At 6/6/2016 2:43:08 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Geez where do you logically inept morons come from? You cannot prove that a claim by another person as to what motivates their actions is true, therefore to claim it is or base a "statement" as if you accept it as true means you accept things as being true without evidence that can be acquired to prove it's true. You got faith in your belief, yippppeeee hypocrite.
Do you mean like this?
At 6/5/2016 7:13:41 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

And you feel this need out of what? Just be honest sky, you are unhappy.
Plenty more where that came from hypocrite.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 3:02:29 AM
At 6/6/2016 2:53:34 AM, bulproof wrote:

Do you mean like this?

I'm sorry. I now realize you have a reading disorder. Maybe you fail to understand the difference between argumentation and inquiry.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 3:08:16 AM
At 6/6/2016 3:02:29 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Do you mean like this?

I'm sorry. I now realize you have a reading disorder. Maybe you fail to understand the difference between argumentation and inquiry.
Nah I've got it covered, it's you that's the ignorant cockhead but I'm a generous person and tolerate you because I get laughs out of your posts.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 3:52:33 AM
At 6/6/2016 3:08:16 AM, bulproof wrote:

Do you mean like this?

Nah I've got it covered, it's you that's the ignorant cockhead but I'm a generous person and tolerate you because I get laughs out of your posts.
Problem bulpoop with being to ignorant to know the history behind what I'm saying to someone is you merely get set up so easily to be outed as the complete idiot you are. My statements on that thread is the continuation of numerous other comments on other threads addressing sky in the same manner. You cherry picked a comment. Was too stupid to know it had a history. Then got set up to be outed as the fool you are. Gotcha.....lmao
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 3:56:29 AM

Do you mean like this?

You know, one of the universal things about being Christian, or any religion for that matter, is that you try to be the best person you can be. Right now you are just flaming people online, which is really just petty and shameful. Personally, I think you can be better than this, Skip.
Meh!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 4:15:44 AM
At 6/6/2016 3:52:33 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 6/6/2016 3:08:16 AM, bulproof wrote:

Do you mean like this?

Problem bulpoop with being to ignorant to know the history behind what I'm saying to someone is you merely get set up so easily to be outed as the complete idiot you are. My statements on that thread is the continuation of numerous other comments on other threads addressing sky in the same manner. You cherry picked a comment. Was too stupid to know it had a history. Then got set up to be outed as the fool you are. Gotcha.....lmao

You poor thing, nobody believes that your hypocrisy is a gotcha on me.
At least try to make sense, poor fella.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 4:18:09 AM
At 6/6/2016 1:42:54 AM, rnjs wrote:
A lot of Christians I know are completely islamophobic. What they fail to realise however is that Christian terrorism has been more widespread and historically pervasive than Islam terrorism.

Conclusions:

Just because one calls themselves Christian does not mean they are Christian or have Christian values Christians who do unchristian things are being inconsistent with Christian values.I could commit atrocities in the name of Syko but that doesn't mean Syko sanctioned it.
Muslims, on the other hand, who follow Muhammad's instructions in the Koran are being consistent with their beliefs. All of Muhammad's writings are supposed to supersede all other writings before it, in what is known as abrogation.

You don't see the glaring problem with this at all, do you? What about Christians whom follow the Bible's instructions? Or justify their interpretation to their will?

Newsflash: The Bible AND the Koran are archaic and inconsistent in their writing. Why is only ONE follower of a book give an "out"?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Syko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 7:32:44 AM

This merely demonstrates the fact that each religion labels other religions as violent, but violence in their own religion as unheard of. Islam does it, Christianity does, even Buddhism does it. You're no different to the muslims.
For Mother Russia.
Syko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 7:35:55 AM

Motivations are a lot more simple than what you make out, unless you have some social impairment I'm not aware of. If a group springs up calling themselves the Lord's Army, and sets to work murdering doctors in abortion clinics because 'they are killing babies,' I'm quite certain we all know what the motivation is here. If you really feel you must deny it, do it by yourself, and not here.
For Mother Russia.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 10:41:43 AM
At 6/6/2016 7:32:44 AM, Syko wrote:

This merely demonstrates the fact that each religion labels other religions as violent, but violence in their own religion as unheard of. Islam does it, Christianity does, even Buddhism does it. You're no different to the Muslims.

Actually it is individuals that are violent in any religion but some are instructed to be violent by their own "Holy books" but the Christian bible does not promote violence where the Koran does through Muhammad's alleged revelations from the archangel Michael. Thankfully most Muslims seem to be peaceful but that goes against Muhammad's teachings and Christians who commit atrocities go against Jesus teaching.
Syko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 11:34:13 AM
At 6/6/2016 10:41:43 AM, rnjs wrote:
Actually it is individuals that are violent in any religion but some are instructed to be violent by their own "Holy books" but the Christian bible does not promote violence where the Koran does through Muhammad's alleged revelations from the archangel Michael. Thankfully most Muslims seem to be peaceful but that goes against Muhammad's teachings and Christians who commit atrocities go against Jesus teaching.

Muslim apologists have already refuted this kind of reasoning as often as christian apologists have refuted the idea that the bible commands communal living. Terrorism is disallowed in the holy books of every religion including islam, yet all still practice it.
For Mother Russia.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 1:58:23 PM
At 6/6/2016 11:34:13 AM, Syko wrote:
At 6/6/2016 10:41:43 AM, rnjs wrote:

Muslim apologists have already refuted this kind of reasoning as often as christian apologists have refuted the idea that the bible commands communal living. Terrorism is disallowed in the holy books of every religion including islam, yet all still practice it.

And many Muslims/ex Muslims say otherwise so its a matter of who you believe, but many surveys studies, etc. have concluded that even the peaceful Muslims have a deep hatred for the Jews and would like to see them wiped out, even their maps don't show Israel on them .Any true "born again Christian" simply does not desire to do such heinous acts.
Syko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 2:12:45 PM
At 6/6/2016 1:58:23 PM, rnjs wrote:
And many Muslims/ex Muslims say otherwise so its a matter of who you believe, but many surveys studies, etc. have concluded that even the peaceful Muslims have a deep hatred for the Jews and would like to see them wiped out, even their maps don't show Israel on them .Any true "born again Christian" simply does not desire to do such heinous acts.

No studies don't show that even the most peaceful Muslims hate Jews. Please show me these studies. Christians are the ones who are full of hate. They murder proabortionists, homosexuals and black people. A proper scourge to society in other words.
For Mother Russia.
ballpit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 2:20:50 PM
At 6/6/2016 2:12:45 PM, Syko wrote:

No studies don't show that even the most peaceful Muslims hate Jews. Please show me these studies. Christians are the ones who are full of hate. They murder proabortionists, homosexuals and black people. A proper scourge to society in other words.

People in any group can become radical and extremists which is what leads to these events. Overall in recent history however the terrorists that are public with their actions have been primarily muslim.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
Syko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 2:23:00 PM
At 6/6/2016 2:20:50 PM, ballpit wrote:

People in any group can become radical and extremists which is what leads to these events. Overall in recent history however the terrorists that are public with their actions have been primarily muslim.

No the terrorism that you hear about is mostly from muslims because in the USA at least, media can make money from reporting it, but would simply lose viewers from reporting christian terrorism. That's entirely why people here weren't even aware that christian terrorism existed.
For Mother Russia.
ballpit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 4:58:02 PM
At 6/6/2016 2:23:00 PM, Syko wrote:
At 6/6/2016 2:20:50 PM, ballpit wrote:

No the terrorism that you hear about is mostly from muslims because in the USA at least, media can make money from reporting it, but would simply lose viewers from reporting christian terrorism. That's entirely why people here weren't even aware that christian terrorism existed.

First I love when people start sentences with no [sarcasm] because its like they are talking down at you. Second it is true that the media can make money reporting terrorism and some of us here knew that christian terrorism existed. Lastly the media over in muslim run countries are doing similar things just with the sides switched so it really shouldnt be the way it is but what can be done to change it is the question we should be asking.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 5:11:03 PM

So do you believe that southern Baptists strap bombs to themselves and detonate them in crowded places, and maybe Pentecostals fly planes into high populated buildings or burn people alive or film themselves beheading journalists.
The only connection between Christ and so called christian terrorists is that they use his name.One only has to read the Koran to see the passages that Mohamed added which promote violence.
There may be Christians who hate but they do not represent Christ and their Christianity is in name only.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 6:56:57 PM

Conclusions:

As an atheist who has a complete lack of respect for religion, I can say I would much rather live in a predominately Christion country than a Muslim country.

Although Christians have committed a lot of murder and rape in the name of their religion in the past, it is not nearly as currently prevalent as murder and rape committed by Muslims.

Islam currently provides a much bigger threat to world security and human rights than Christianity.

Obviously, the best possible situation would be to live in a progressive secular country.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:26:28 AM

Conclusions:

450 of 452 suicide bombers were Muslims in 2015. You tell us...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:27:56 AM
450 of 452

http://www.examiner.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:29:37 AM

Conclusions:

Shall we look at atheist terrorism? It only has outdone ALL religions combined. Or is that a non sequitor. You guys must all be terrorists...

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:02:40 PM
At 6/7/2016 5:29:37 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Conclusions:

Shall we look at atheist terrorism? It only has outdone ALL religions combined. Or is that a non sequitor. You guys must all be terrorists...

Name one person whom killed others because "There is no God", specifically.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:04:09 PM

Conclusions:
Agree (Not in a bad way)
Disagree
Disagree, they are generally normal people like you and me.
Anyone who attacks anyone for violence are hypocrites.
Meh!