Jump to topic:

Who is the Bigger Fool?

PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 6:05:37 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
- - The grown man that still thinks Santa Claus lives at the North Pole? Or the grown man that thinks that the fact that Santa Claus does not live at the North Pole invalidates the whole concept, tradition, and practice of Christmas?

Who is the bigger fool?

- - The man that has deluded himself into believing in wild, impossible feats of magic? Or the man that thinks he can reason with the man that believes in wild, impossible feats of magic?

Wild, impossible claims about the nature and existence of God do not invalidate theism as a philosophical concept, or as a life practice. But these aspects of theism very rarely ever get addressed within the endless and pointless arguments about the wild, impossible claims made by some intellectually immature theists.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 9:01:55 PM
At 6/6/2016 6:05:37 PM, PureX wrote:
- - The grown man that still thinks Santa Claus lives at the North Pole? Or the grown man that thinks that the fact that Santa Claus does not live at the North Pole invalidates the whole concept, tradition, and practice of Christmas?

Who is the bigger fool?

- - The man that has deluded himself into believing in wild, impossible feats of magic? Or the man that thinks he can reason with the man that believes in wild, impossible feats of magic?

Wild, impossible claims about the nature and existence of God do not invalidate theism as a philosophical concept, or as a life practice. But these aspects of theism very rarely ever get addressed within the endless and pointless arguments about the wild, impossible claims made by some intellectually immature theists.

Is the biggest fool the intellectually immature atheist who believes everything can pop out magically from nothing and precision optics and outboard motors can magically create themselves through " natural selection" and random mutations?
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 10:00:02 PM
At 6/6/2016 9:01:55 PM, janesix wrote:

Is the biggest fool the intellectually immature atheist who believes everything can pop out magically from nothing and precision optics and outboard motors can magically create themselves through " natural selection" and random mutations?

There's plenty of foolishness to go around, it seems.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 10:07:50 PM
Really, if people actually understood what was being said in say.. The Gospel of John, they'd probably realize that there is often times a great deal more going on than people realize.

Almost everything Jesus said was intended to flip the paradigm of who he was addressing.

People are blind to spiritual things because they have been educated to be that way, not because they are incapable of witnessing these things.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 11:54:48 PM
At 6/6/2016 10:07:50 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Really, if people actually understood what was being said in say.. The Gospel of John, they'd probably realize that there is often times a great deal more going on than people realize.

Almost everything Jesus said was intended to flip the paradigm of who he was addressing.

People are blind to spiritual things because they have been educated to be that way, not because they are incapable of witnessing these things.

The word 'spiritual' is meaningless, it defines nothing, hence there are no such things as "spiritual things", they are but a delusion in the minds of fools.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 11:59:13 PM
At 6/6/2016 11:54:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

The word 'spiritual' is meaningless, it defines nothing, hence there are no such things as "spiritual things", they are but a delusion in the minds of fools.

Like a blind person asserting the non-existence of light, you are.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 11:59:43 PM
Or a deaf person who asserts that there is no such thing as sound.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:02:46 AM
At 6/6/2016 11:59:13 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/6/2016 11:54:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Like a blind person asserting the non-existence of light, you are.

Like a fool believing in delusions, you are.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:03:32 AM
At 6/6/2016 11:59:43 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Or a deaf person who asserts that there is no such thing as sound.

Or, an ignoramus who asserts there is no such thing as knowledge.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:05:49 AM
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:07:26 AM

Do you have anything that this Jesus said?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:08:36 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:05:49 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

Notice that you have not addressed what I said about "spiritual", that you couldn't offer a shred of evidence to support your claims of spiritual things. Therefore, I can only assume you wholeheartedly agree that it is a meaningless term describing nothing.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:20:45 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:08:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

Notice that you have not addressed what I said about "spiritual", that you couldn't offer a shred of evidence to support your claims of spiritual things. Therefore, I can only assume you wholeheartedly agree that it is a meaningless term describing nothing.

That's exactly what an idiot would think.

And you know, I would have a little bit more charity if I believed for a second you would accept anything I said. Or you know, go along with questioning that is intended to illustrate a point.

The fact of the matter is, you are unteachable because you think you know everything. Oh, you can point back at me and say, "No you ARE!" all you want, but we are not on the same footing. Don't kid yourself.

I've already tried to explain these things to you, and your response is the same response you give to everything. Immediate rejection. You're an unthinking imbecile who could barely pass a touring test. If you had a crumb of humility, I would be more sympathetic. You're an ugly little troll.

Why the hell should I substantiate my claim to you? Why don't you substantiate your own claim?

Please, it would do much to reveal your ignorance. Even then, I know by now you won't respect rebuke.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:24:34 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:20:45 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Why the hell should I substantiate my claim to you? Why don't you substantiate your own claim?
What, the claim that you can't substantiate your claim, you substantiate that often.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:28:50 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:24:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
What, the claim that you can't substantiate your claim, you substantiate that often.

You won't even accept my definitions, so what the hell do you expect me to substantiate?

Keep jerking off.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:30:30 AM

Who is the bigger fool?

The bigger fool is the one who comes on a religion forum claiming to be "not religious" to try to convince themselves.

-former atheist
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:30:31 AM
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

And you know, I would have a little bit more charity if I believed for a second you would accept anything I said. Or you know, go along with questioning that is intended to illustrate a point.

The fact of the matter is, you are unteachable because you think you know everything. Oh, you can point back at me and say, "No you ARE!" all you want, but we are not on the same footing. Don't kid yourself.

I've already tried to explain these things to you, and your response is the same response you give to everything. Immediate rejection. You're an unthinking imbecile who could barely pass a touring test. If you had a crumb of humility, I would be more sympathetic. You're an ugly little troll.

Please, it would do much to reveal your ignorance. Even then, I know by now you won't respect rebuke.

Yes, I suspected you had no evidence to support your claims.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:31:17 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:30:30 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Who is the bigger fool?

The bigger fool is the one who comes on a religion forum claiming to be "not religious" to try to convince themselves.

-former atheist

You were never an atheist.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:33:37 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:30:31 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

Atheists don't want evidence. I've done debate after debate where atheists just got mad and stormed off. This about emotions. Atheidts are butt hurt because life wasn't easy.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:37:01 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:33:37 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

Atheists don't want evidence.

You are lying, again.

I've done debate after debate where atheists just got mad and stormed off.

That is because you never present a shred of evidence for your childish irrational notions.

This about emotions. Atheidts are butt hurt because life wasn't easy.

And, there you go lying, again. Lying appears to be very easy for you, were you taught to lie from your religion or is it something you were born with?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:39:07 AM
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

What ties together a football team? What makes money worth something? How does a nation exist?

Come on, you are the one making the extraordinary claim.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:40:41 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:37:01 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

You are lying, again.

That is because you never present a shred of evidence for your childish irrational notions.

And, there you go lying, again. Lying appears to be very easy for you, were you taught to lie from your religion or is it something you were born with?

Oh? So why are you here in the religion forum claiming to be "not religious"? To convince theists to give up faith? Please. You are here wanting to be wrong OR you are here for affirmation from other atheists because you need nonspiritual food.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:44:12 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:28:50 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

You won't even accept my definitions, so what the hell do you expect me to substantiate?

Keep jerking off.
What definitions?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:45:53 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:44:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/7/2016 12:28:50 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Keep jerking off.
What definitions?

First things first.

God is The Ultimate Reality.

Lets see how far we get with this.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:54:50 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:31:17 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/7/2016 12:30:30 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Who is the bigger fool?

-former atheist

You were never an atheist.

I couldn't care less what you believe. I've told my story on here a hundred times. You are here for a reason. Don't tell me it's to give the atheist point of view. That's well covered whether you are here or not. Theists have waaaaaaay more reason to offer their point ofview than you, a divine reason as a matter of fact, yet atheists outnumber them here consistantly. You are here to exert ypur hatred for God because you were too weak to handle life, or you need some help from other atheists to convince yourself.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:58:20 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:07:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

Do you have anything that this Jesus said?

Yep. That God rejected those like you. Those who choose death over life, hopelesness over hope, and choose boldly faith that they will never see their loved ones again. Specifically it says he rejected the fearful. You are the scaredest one on this forum. You are scared of God. That's why you are on here daily.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 1:03:02 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:37:01 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

You are lying, again.

If you think that, you have missed every debate I have been in. You are trying to convince yourself. It is YOU who is lying.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 1:20:33 AM
At 6/7/2016 12:39:07 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

What ties together a football team? What makes money worth something? How does a nation exist?

Still no evidence,, just irrelevant nonsense.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 1:41:34 AM
At 6/7/2016 1:20:33 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/7/2016 12:39:07 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
You're a poopy head!

No YOU'RE a poopy head!

Bwahahaha

Still no evidence,, just irrelevant nonsense.

What do you want evidence for? A concept that you don't understand to begin with?

Surely, if you understood the concept, the evidence would be apparent. You see with your eyes, don't you? The problem is, you don't know what you are looking for. You don't believe in the existence of hidden things. These hidden things are there, and to those who have eyes to see, and ears to hear, it is the evident truth. It is impossible to deny honestly, just as it is impossible to deny sound honestly when you have working ears.

But I digress, you deny God, which is an admission of your deceitfulness. You don't have any convictions, you're spineless. Talking with you is a waste of time.