Jump to topic:

Biting the hand that feeds you.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 7:34:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
The simple truth is that Jehovah created everything.

Therefore without Jehovah you would not even exist.

Also the fact that he allows his son to shine on the righteous and unrighteous alike, for now at least, means that even if we existed the chances are there would be no food for us to eat, or anything else.

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We refuse to accept the debt we owe him.

We even call him evil.

Now, that's what I call biting the hand that feeds us no wonder Armageddon is inevitable.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 7:39:43 PM
At 6/6/2016 7:34:28 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Also the fact that he allows his son to shine on the righteous and unrighteous alike, for now at least, means that even if we existed the chances are there would be no food for us to eat, or anything else.

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

Now, that's what I call biting the hand that feeds us no wonder Armageddon is inevitable.

Says you and every other doomsday preacher throughout human history. But sure, man, you're the one who's right. So when, exactly, is Armageddon coming?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:06:16 PM
At 6/6/2016 7:39:43 PM, Burzmali wrote:

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

Says you and every other doomsday preacher throughout human history. But sure, man, you're the one who's right. So when, exactly, is Armageddon coming?

No, it is not me who is right, it is Jehovah and his son.

They are deliberately withholding the exact date of Armageddon because they don;t want people to think they can get away with doing whatever they like and repent at their leisure.

In other words they want genuine ones not fakes.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:09:25 PM
I don't bite my hand, but even if I did my hand is very forgiving and would continue to feed me nonetheless. ;-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:19:06 PM
At 6/6/2016 8:09:25 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
I don't bite my hand, but even if I did my hand is very forgiving and would continue to feed me nonetheless. ;-)

And in case it wasn't, you always have a backup.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:20:22 PM

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

What do I owe Him?

We even call him evil.

Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:23:30 PM
At 6/6/2016 8:06:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

They are deliberately withholding the exact date of Armageddon because they don;t want people to think they can get away with doing whatever they like and repent at their leisure.

How do you know Armageddon is coming? How do you know what Jehovah wants?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:47:37 PM
At 6/6/2016 8:19:06 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Good call! It's good to have a backup plan in case I'm afflicted with alien hand syndrome. :-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:51:25 PM
At 6/6/2016 8:47:37 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/6/2016 8:19:06 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Good call! It's good to have a backup plan in case I'm afflicted with alien hand syndrome. :-)

Or: https://www.youtube.com...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 9:17:42 PM

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

That is the same reason you were disfellowshipped and shunned by the Jehovah's Witnesses. You betrayed them and they threw you out.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 9:48:32 PM
At 6/6/2016 8:23:30 PM, Burzmali wrote:

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

Because his word, which has proved 100% reliable, tells us that.

Every prophecy ever issued has come true, on time.

The few that have not yet come true were not intended to but will do when their time is due.

I have found absolutely no reason to doubt his promise, it is sensible, logical, just and fair.

It has only one purpose, to benefit his creation.

After all, there is nothing we can do to benefit him, except give him peace of mind.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 10:04:16 PM
I'm not biting the hand that feeds me. I'm questioning whether it exists at all.

Questioning the hypothetical hand does no damage to it. If the hand did exist, at most I am only hurting myself, ignoring a hand that is offering ready food. And I'm sure the hand is wise and patient enough that my disbelief makes no difference to it.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 10:19:15 PM
At 6/6/2016 9:48:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

So why did the Jehovah's Witnesses think it was necessary for them to make predictions like 1914, 1925, 1975 ......
Failed date predictions.
http://www.jwfacts.com...

The few that have not yet come true were not intended to but will do when their time is due.

I have found absolutely no reason to doubt his promise, it is sensible, logical, just and fair.

After all, there is nothing we can do to benefit him, except give him peace of mind.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 10:54:46 PM

Why didn't the BotchTower think of that excuse during one of the last dozen times they got the date wrong?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 11:52:30 PM

No, that is not a truth.

I exist as a result of millions of years of evolution, as do you.

Food is also the result of evolution.

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

Yes, that's what you do, constantly.

I owe nothing to your boogieman.

We even call him evil.

But, he most likely doesn't exist, however the God of Abraham as depicted in the Bible is pure evil.

That's what I call irrational delusion leading to doom and gloom preaching.

You're welcome. (:
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:14:23 AM
Unsubstantiated claim
Unsubstantiated claim
Unsubstantiated claim
And yet what do we do.
What do you do?
We criticise.
What?
We complain.
What?
What?
We even call him evil.
Who?
Boogieman, hide madman he's under the bed.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 2:41:44 AM

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

You know what changed in my life when I went from Christian to atheist? Except for giving myself permission to think critically, nothing.

My life has not changed one bit from with prayer to with no prayer.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 2:42:50 AM

lol....likewise
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 2:45:20 AM

That's a gem. In other words, prophecies come true 100% except when they don't.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 3:47:44 AM

We complain

Yes you do complain just as all slaves should be complaining. Unfortunately you're complaining lacks the necessary direction the will from within you desires. The overwhelming many that have been molded to your reflection are just as dangerous to liberty as the vile ones reaping the treasures to the mist lucrative commodity in existence to the surrounding cosmic market, which is the business of human farming.

For now I'll play along with your shallow facade of innocence to misunderstandings of prismatic sorts to these variant public cowings, but don't underestimate the higher understandings to the few likes of me that when the time comes for quality pitbulled to quantity, and let the slaughter begin.

Anyone putting debt on me is my enemy. Anyone attempting to collect a debt will be met with force.

We even call him evil.

It's illegal for me to grow my own food. Just who the Fu$K you think is feeding me. Playing the dumb card fools most but I see right into your head. Enuff said.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 4:55:54 AM

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

Oh we don't have the right to complain ? no matter what we are supposed to say, WOW that's awesome and perfect ? that's some brainwashing bullsh*t right there.

https://www.youtube.com...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:24:57 AM

The simple truth is that Life created everything.

Therefore without Life you would not exist.

That statement makes no sense at all.

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

Complaining and criticizing is part of human nature.

We owe no invisible character any debt. You only owe a person a debt if you borrow something from them and are expected to pay it back. You owe them nothing if they give you a FREE GIFT. What do you think you owe? Did you borrow something from an invisible person that you feel you need to give back with interest?

We even call him evil.

Why do you do that ?
I personally don't call Jehovah or God evil. I call him a misunderstood mythical character who has the same qualities as humans do and is judged as good or evil by people in the same way that people judge each other as good or evil.

Armageddon is a mythical war. It will never happen in physical reality on Earth. It is a spiritual war which is fought in the hearts and minds of the people who cannot decide what is right or wrong. It is simply an allegory which describes the inner conflict many people go through when they have difficult decisions to make.

The only thing that is inevitable for humans is the day of their physical death. No one knows the day or hour of their own death. That day and hour is different for every individual. Not all die on the same day and same time but all are destined to meet the Grim reaper. Fate and Destiny will take you there.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:29:28 AM

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

Which prophecies have not come true?

Does Jehovah lack peace of mind and needs you to give it to him?
If he already has peace of mind, why do you think you need to give it to him?
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:01:19 PM

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

I don't believe in god because there's no real evidence, therefore I deserve to burn in hell forever. That logic is what drove me away from Christianity in the first place.
Meh!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:25:23 PM
At 6/7/2016 5:29:28 AM, Skyangel wrote:

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

Which prophecies have not come true?

Does Jehovah lack peace of mind and needs you to give it to him?
If he already has peace of mind, why do you think you need to give it to him?

Does the sight of people, especially babies and children, starving not rob you of a certain amount of peace of mind?

It should do.

Does not the sight of bodies in serious accidents not rob you of a small piece of your peace of mind?

It should do.

Does not the death of a loved one rob you of a little peace of mind?

It should do.

All these things and more disturb Jehovah's peace of mind at the moment.

Man's inhumanity to man does so.

Man's disregard for the planet and life on it does so.

The fact that the time is coming when he will be forced to wipe out billions of people who have chosen Satan's side of the issue, whether they knew it or not, even just by refusing to listen to his attempts to warn them, that too disturbs his peace of mind.

Neither Jehovah, nor his son, nor the Angels, nor humanity will know true peace of mind until after the final test is over and all opposers perish forever.

Then the whole of Jehovah's creation will be at peace, so he can be also.

But, for now, every single person who listens and learns and takes his side of the issue brings a little it of peace back to his heart.

All he wants is to see his creation at peace, and it is far from that at present.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:27:26 PM
At 6/7/2016 12:01:19 PM, Axonly wrote:

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

I don't believe in god because there's no real evidence, therefore I deserve to burn in hell forever. That logic is what drove me away from Christianity in the first place.

There is masses of evidence just waiting for you to recognise it for what it is.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:28:43 PM
At 6/7/2016 4:55:54 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

And yet what do we do.

We criticise.

We complain.

We even call him evil.

Oh we don't have the right to complain ? no matter what we are supposed to say, WOW that's awesome and perfect ? that's some brainwashing bullsh*t right there.

https://www.youtube.com...

It is the truth, simple as.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:32:34 PM
At 6/7/2016 3:47:44 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

We complain

Yes you do complain just as all slaves should be complaining. Unfortunately you're complaining lacks the necessary direction the will from within you desires. The overwhelming many that have been molded to your reflection are just as dangerous to liberty as the vile ones reaping the treasures to the mist lucrative commodity in existence to the surrounding cosmic market, which is the business of human farming.

For now I'll play along with your shallow facade of innocence to misunderstandings of prismatic sorts to these variant public cowings, but don't underestimate the higher understandings to the few likes of me that when the time comes for quality pitbulled to quantity, and let the slaughter begin.

Anyone putting debt on me is my enemy. Anyone attempting to collect a debt will be met with force.

We even call him evil.

It's illegal for me to grow my own food. Just who the Fu$K you think is feeding me. Playing the dumb card fools most but I see right into your head. Enuff said.

Everything you eat is here because Jehvoah created it, because Jehovah created the conditions under which it can grow.

So, in the final analysis Jehovah is feeding us all.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:42:21 PM
At 6/7/2016 5:32:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

We complain

We even call him evil.

Everything you eat is here because Jehvoah created it, because Jehovah created the conditions under which it can grow.

Well tell your god to step up and strike me down if it can because I hold the crown. I'm pure lightning and put to the test I'll be striking anyone placing me in duress.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 5:48:38 PM
At 6/7/2016 5:42:21 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/7/2016 5:32:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

We complain

We even call him evil.

Well tell your god to step up and strike me down if it can because I hold the crown. I'm pure lightning and put to the test I'll be striking anyone placing me in duress.

Lol, he will, but in his time not yours. He's giving you plenty of chances to wake up yet.