Jump to topic:

Lets argue

Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 9:29:15 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
While preparing for my exams , I came across an interesting topic where Hume challenged Science by criticizing Induction ( A form of Logic ) .

According to him , " Are we justified in reasoning from repeated instances of which we have experience to other instances ( Conclusions ) of which we have no experience . "

Through this he criticized Methods adopted by various Sciences , Sociology and other fields . Though he failed to explain this phenomena i.e leap from observable to un-observable or unobserved but he labelled this practice of ours as Mental Habit or Animal instinct .

What do you think ?
Experience can vouch for the conclusion but not always .

Take this issue for both Science and Religion .
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:14:52 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 9:29:15 AM, Pandit wrote:
While preparing for my exams , I came across an interesting topic where Hume challenged Science by criticizing Induction ( A form of Logic ) .

According to him , " Are we justified in reasoning from repeated instances of which we have experience to other instances ( Conclusions ) of which we have no experience . "

Through this he criticized Methods adopted by various Sciences , Sociology and other fields . Though he failed to explain this phenomena i.e leap from observable to un-observable or unobserved but he labelled this practice of ours as Mental Habit or Animal instinct .

What do you think ?
Experience can vouch for the conclusion but not always .

Take this issue for both Science and Religion .

Bump.
Meh!