Jump to topic:

The atheist god

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 8:29:29 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
The atheist god is called Randomness, and sometimes called Accident. This god created the entire universe, including biological outboard motors with over 30 parts that work together perfectly, and created precision optical biological instruments multiple times.

What other amazing things has the god Randomness created?
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 8:35:14 PM
At 6/7/2016 8:29:29 PM, janesix wrote:
The atheist god is called Randomness, and sometimes called Accident. This god created the entire universe, including biological outboard motors with over 30 parts that work together perfectly, and created precision optical biological instruments multiple times.

I don't believe in the existence of randomness, sorry, Randomness. Or in the existence of a god. :)

And, by chance, are you referring to the Random Number God (RNG)?

http://allthetropes.wikia.com...
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 8:41:57 PM
At 6/7/2016 8:35:14 PM, Chaosism wrote:

I don't believe in the existence of randomness, sorry, Randomness. Or in the existence of a god. :)

Oh yes i forgot, the holy ghost, Natural Selection, is not random at all, and is thus capable of creating eyes and molecular machinery.

And, by chance, are you referring to the Random Number God (RNG)?

http://allthetropes.wikia.com...
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 8:55:28 PM
At 6/7/2016 8:41:57 PM, janesix wrote:

Oh yes i forgot, the holy ghost, Natural Selection, is not random at all, and is thus capable of creating eyes and molecular machinery.

The mutations are said to be random, with natural selection representing the gradual process by which this randomness is (mostly) regulated. We, as humans, have utilized artificial selection for centuries, which operates by the same mechanisms that natural selection does.

Now, I know you take issue with the "random" mutation claim, but I really don't see it is a claim of knowledge, but a statement of a lack of knowledge, certainly, and/or concern for the specific cause of mutation. Evolution is unconcerned about the nature of the mutations, themselves, in this respect. You're getting into the territory of biochemistry and genetics, I believe.

I know we've briefly discussed this in the past, but random would mean "uncaused", which is an unfalsifiable notion, as far as I understand, because the cause could be something we are not aware of, or cannot express clearly.

In any case, how do you think this should be expressed?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 9:01:54 PM
At 6/7/2016 8:55:28 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 6/7/2016 8:41:57 PM, janesix wrote:

The mutations are said to be random, with natural selection representing the gradual process by which this randomness is (mostly) regulated. We, as humans, have utilized artificial selection for centuries, which operates by the same mechanisms that natural selection does.

Natural selection weeds out what doesnt work. It cant create anything.

Now, I know you take issue with the "random" mutation claim, but I really don't see it is a claim of knowledge, but a statement of a lack of knowledge, certainly, and/or concern for the specific cause of mutation. Evolution is unconcerned about the nature of the mutations, themselves, in this respect. You're getting into the territory of biochemistry and genetics, I believe.

I know we've briefly discussed this in the past, but random would mean "uncaused", which is an unfalsifiable notion, as far as I understand, because the cause could be something we are not aware of, or cannot express clearly.

In any case, how do you think this should be expressed?
I dont understand your question.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:48:03 AM

Actually, the atheist god might be called Self Organization Theory

https://www.google.com...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 5:33:19 AM
Eris Discordia, the goddess of chaos, strife, bureaucracy, and international relations.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 5:38:37 AM

Yeah see, you people are stupid too because you've got a god and atheism is a religion, so there na na na..............blurt.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 5:48:27 AM
At 6/8/2016 5:38:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
Yeah see, you people are stupid too because you've got a god and atheism is a religion, so there na na na..............blurt.

Atheism isn't a religion.

It's a dogma.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 5:49:38 AM
At 6/8/2016 5:48:27 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

It's a dogma.
Proudly displaying your ignorance again.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 5:53:18 AM
At 6/8/2016 5:49:38 AM, bulproof wrote:

It's a dogma.

The very position of atheism is founded on ignorance.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:02:10 AM

I can challenge Randomness. If I drop a glass it won't randomly fall to the ground. Not much of a God huh?

It's not random, it's molecules in motion. We don't know what started it, but looking at ALL the claims and 'evidence' - inconclusive is the best approach.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:05:23 AM
Personally, I think "Chaotic" is a better word than "random".

To say something is "random" is to say that there is no rhyme or reason to it.

To say something is "chaotic" is to say order can't be perceived in it, or that there is a variable unaccounted for that is keeping the order we do perceive from being perfect.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:08:49 AM
At 6/8/2016 5:53:18 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

It's a dogma.

Yes the ignorance that the god claimants show when requested for evidence in support of their claim.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:11:37 AM
At 6/8/2016 6:08:49 AM, bulproof wrote:

It's a dogma.

Yes the ignorance that the god claimants show when requested for evidence in support of their claim.

"I need proof that there is such a thing as The Ultimate Reality! Prove to me that it is true that there is such a thing as truth!"

Mentally Retarded is an appropriate word.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:12:55 AM
The magic is, God is the faith.

The faith is in God.

You have to have faith. If you don't have faith, you are going to die in your sins. It's your own damn fault.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:19:25 AM
At 6/8/2016 6:11:37 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/8/2016 6:08:49 AM, bulproof wrote:

It's a dogma.

"I need proof that there is such a thing as The Ultimate Reality! Prove to me that it is true that there is such a thing as truth!"

Mentally Retarded is an appropriate word.
Yes but I refrain from calling you that truth.
You claim the existence of gods, in order that you be taken seriously you need to supply evidence in support of that claim and ridiculously equivocating something you call ultimate reality just makes you look more stupid than you already do.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:50:49 AM
This guy is talking about taking me seriously when he is demanding that I prove to him that it is true that there is such a thing as truth.

As if you even deserve the little respect I give you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:53:11 AM
At 6/8/2016 6:50:49 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
This guy is talking about taking me seriously when he is demanding that I prove to him that it is true that there is such a thing as truth.
Citation!
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:56:59 AM
At 6/8/2016 6:53:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
Citation!

That's what it means when you demand that I prove God.

I'm still waiting for you to realize this and repent. If you've got any guts,, it'll happen quickly.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:58:24 AM
At 6/8/2016 6:56:59 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Citation!

No it's not.
Now supply a citation or admit you never tell the truth.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:59:50 AM
At 6/8/2016 6:58:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
Citation!

No it's not.

The Ultimate Reality.

Language, suckah.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:01:56 AM

Jane, it's always disappointing when members who lack sufficient evidence to persuade others of their own beliefs, invent strawman doctrines to disparage and make themselves feel better for their failure.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:02:35 AM
At 6/8/2016 6:59:50 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Citation!

No it's not.

The Ultimate Reality.

Language, suckah.
I'll take that as you admitting to always lying.
Off you go now, you've become tedious.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:03:26 AM
At 6/8/2016 7:02:35 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/8/2016 6:59:50 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Citation!

No it's not.

The Ultimate Reality.

Language, suckah.
I'll take that as you admitting to always lying.
Off you go now, you've become tedious.

I never tell the truth.

God is my source, God always tells The Truth.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:04:21 AM
hahahaha
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:05:41 AM
God IS The Truth.

Who am I, but a mortal and fallible man?
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:18:03 AM

It's a dogma.

The majority of scientists and university professors are ignorant?

Ok.
Meh!
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:19:57 AM
At 6/8/2016 7:18:03 AM, Axonly wrote:

It's a dogma.

Ok.

Heh..

Is that how you measure truth?
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:26:14 AM
At 6/8/2016 7:19:57 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/8/2016 7:18:03 AM, Axonly wrote:

It's a dogma.

Ok.

Heh..

Is that how you measure truth?

By seeing what the majority of the worlds most intelligent and most educated people in the history of mankind think? Unless of course you think you're smarter and more educated than them.

It is also noted that you avoided answering the question.
Meh!