What the Bible Really says about Hell

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:50:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
What the Bible really says about Hell-

Another word that is translated hell is used in 2 Peter 2:4: "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment"" Used only in this verse, "hell" is number 5020, which means "Tartaros (the deepest abyss of Hades); to incarcerate in eternal torment." This word is never used in reference to humans, only for demons, and it does not mention fire.

glcg.net/bible-studies/what-the-bible-says-about-hell-2

Hebrew Concordance-

http://www.eliyah.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 9:47:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
In the Tanakh the only reference to hell that I know of is Sh'ol, which is basically a gross pit full of worms and maggots, not much else.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 11:09:52 PM
At 6/8/2016 3:50:56 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
i enjoy when believers talk about hell. since your religion is based on fear and not facts or evidence. do you believe in an eternal hell? is that because your god is too weak to instantly destroy a soul? or is your god a sadist that prefers to torment people forever?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 2:29:58 AM

Another word that is translated hell is used in 2 Peter 2:4: "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment"" Used only in this verse, "hell" is number 5020, which means "Tartaros (the deepest abyss of Hades); to incarcerate in eternal torment." This word is never used in reference to humans, only for demons, and it does not mention fire.

Hebrew Concordance-

The recent Christians gradually deny the existence of hell as the eternal torment. Moreover, many Christians deny at all the hell as the torment place. since they consider the torment violate the loving attribute of God.
However, the Bible obviously state that hell is real, it is the barbaric torment place.
Matthew 25:46
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell (Daniel 12:2,3; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28; Revelation 20:14,15).

Revelation 14:11 "the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night"

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 3:20:06 AM
At 6/22/2016 2:01:47 AM, harrytruman wrote:
Hell is not forever, just until you atone for your sins.

are you aware that some christians believe that some people will be tormented forever?
it's too bad your god wasn't smart enough to put in the bible a method for believers to agree on the same things.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 3:48:22 AM

Hebrew Concordance-

Why would you look up a Greek word in a Hebrew concordance?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:36:01 AM
At 6/22/2016 2:29:58 AM, uncung wrote:

Hebrew Concordance-

The recent Christians gradually deny the existence of hell as the eternal torment. Moreover, many Christians deny at all the hell as the torment place. since they consider the torment violate the loving attribute of God.
However, the Bible obviously state that hell is real, it is the barbaric torment place.
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell (Daniel 12:2,3; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28; Revelation 20:14,15).

Revelation 14:11 "the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night"

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

Schooled on christian doctrine by a muslims, love it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:02:38 AM

No the Bible doesn't obviously state that Hell (as a place of torment) is real. Take your first verse proof, read what it really says. The phrase "eternal punishment" itself doesn't imply torment. Complete Death is an eternal punishment, and it's without eternal torment.

But, the righteous get eternal life. If eternal life is for righteous, then eternal life is not for the unrighteous, not even in torment in Hell.

I'd like to claim an increase in Bible literacy for the decline in the doctrine of Hell. But, what's really going on is a decrease in belief in the Bible (even in a flawed interpretation) among people calling themselves Christians.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:31:17 AM
At 6/22/2016 5:02:38 AM, Rukado wrote:

No the Bible doesn't obviously state that Hell (as a place of torment) is real. Take your first verse proof, read what it really says. The phrase "eternal punishment" itself doesn't imply torment. Complete Death is an eternal punishment, and it's without eternal torment.

But, the righteous get eternal life. If eternal life is for righteous, then eternal life is not for the unrighteous, not even in torment in Hell.

I'd like to claim an increase in Bible literacy for the decline in the doctrine of Hell. But, what's really going on is a decrease in belief in the Bible (even in a flawed interpretation) among people calling themselves Christians.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 6:26:29 AM
At 6/21/2016 9:47:39 PM, harrytruman wrote:
In the Tanakh the only reference to hell that I know of is Sh'ol, which is basically a gross pit full of worms and maggots, not much else.

The Hebrew word is Sheol, which means grave, as does hell and hades. Another word that some religions use for hell, with the hell fire, is Gehenna. It is used 12 times in the Greek scriptures and refers to the Valley of Hinon where the rubbish of Jerusalem was burnt, Religion attributed Gehenna with the human burnt sacrifices to Baal, and finally in some contorted fashion got Gehenna as Hell and the fire.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 7:19:55 AM
At 6/22/2016 6:26:29 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

The Hebrew word is Sheol, which means grave, as does hell and hades. Another word that some religions use for hell, with the hell fire, is Gehenna. It is used 12 times in the Greek scriptures and refers to the Valley of Hinon where the rubbish of Jerusalem was burnt, Religion attributed Gehenna with the human burnt sacrifices to Baal, and finally in some contorted fashion got Gehenna as Hell and the fire.
Post #5
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 2:53:02 PM
At 6/22/2016 5:02:38 AM, Rukado wrote:

As I said, the modern Christians do no longer believe in hell. yet there are many verses in the Bible mention hell as the torment place.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 3:43:10 PM

Hebrew Concordance-

You seem to get off on your crazy posts, you sad person!
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:44:35 PM
That sounds like a pretty bad place . . . Regardless, whatever Hell may be, we most certainly don't want to find out.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:46:38 PM
At 6/22/2016 4:44:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
That sounds like a pretty bad place . . . Regardless, whatever Hell may be, we most certainly don't want to find out.

Why? The alternative sounds fckin awful
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:48:36 PM
At 6/22/2016 4:46:38 PM, bulproof wrote:

It may sound bad to you, but I can already tell you, Hell is a million times worse than Heaven.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:00:55 PM
At 6/22/2016 4:48:36 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

It may sound bad to you, but I can already tell you, Hell is a million times worse than Heaven.
And you tell me this HOW?
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:07:32 PM
At 6/22/2016 5:00:55 PM, bulproof wrote:

I'm not telling you this, the Bible is. If you read its description of Hell, you'll realize that Heaven is a much nicer place.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:10:43 PM
At 6/22/2016 5:07:32 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

I'm not telling you this, the Bible is. If you read its description of Hell, you'll realize that Heaven is a much nicer place.

So fckin what, the bible says the earth is flat and plants survive at -454C without sunlight, who cares what the bible says.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:17:38 PM
At 6/22/2016 5:10:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/22/2016 5:07:32 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

So fckin what, the bible says the earth is flat and plants survive at -454C without sunlight, who cares what the bible says.
Where does the Bible say that the Earth is flat or that plants can survive at extremely low subzero temperatures?

Seriously, where are you atheists getting this from?
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 6:21:46 PM
At 6/22/2016 5:31:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I"m not sure about the universe! allegedly Einstein

The Bible isn't the weak link here, it's human stupidity. The only time you find significant agreement between people across a spectrum is in authoritarian realms.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 6:25:06 PM
At 6/22/2016 5:17:38 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Where does the Bible say that the Earth is flat or that plants can survive at extremely low subzero temperatures?

No doubt, the Atheist is thinking about Creation, when plants were created before the sun was created. But, the Bible tells us that God provided light (Gen 1:3), and therefor warmth (even if the Bible didn't say this, it's a given that if God did something, he'd do everything he needed to make that something work, like plants before the sun). The Atheist is practicing his art of being finding fault through being stupid.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 6:49:12 PM
At 6/22/2016 6:25:06 PM, Rukado wrote:
At 6/22/2016 5:17:38 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

No doubt, the Atheist is thinking about Creation, when plants were created before the sun was created. But, the Bible tells us that God provided light (Gen 1:3), and therefor warmth (even if the Bible didn't say this, it's a given that if God did something, he'd do everything he needed to make that something work, like plants before the sun). The Atheist is practicing his art of being finding fault through being stupid.
Okay, this is understandable, but why the heck would he think the Bible says the Earth is flat?
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 7:01:16 PM
At 6/22/2016 6:49:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Okay, this is understandable, but why the heck would he think the Bible says the Earth is flat?

Jesus seeing all the kingdoms of the world while atop a high mountain (Matthew 4:8). Atheists love to be crass to reach mocking conclusions about the Bible.

Even taking it literally that Satan took Jesus on a high mountain, it's not reasonable to think that the text claims Jesus literally saw ever kingdom of the world. Ancient people weren't as stupid as Atheists, they knew that if you can't see a mountain, the mountain can't see you (blocked by the horizon of a curved earth). Satan would have made a symbolic gesture.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 7:08:53 PM
At 6/22/2016 7:01:16 PM, Rukado wrote:
At 6/22/2016 6:49:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Jesus seeing all the kingdoms of the world while atop a high mountain (Matthew 4:8). Atheists love to be crass to reach mocking conclusions about the Bible.

Even taking it literally that Satan took Jesus on a high mountain, it's not reasonable to think that the text claims Jesus literally saw ever kingdom of the world. Ancient people weren't as stupid as Atheists, they knew that if you can't see a mountain, the mountain can't see you (blocked by the horizon of a curved earth). Satan would have made a symbolic gesture.
Yeah, that's pretty stupid that anyone would use that to argue that the Bible says the Earth is flat.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 12:05:38 AM
At 6/22/2016 6:44:08 AM, harrytruman wrote:
No referances to Genhenna in scripture, only Sheol, which could mean hell of a sort, or just the grave.

Matt: 18 , 9 is one of the 12 times Gehenna is referred to in the Greek scriptures.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 12:07:17 AM
At 6/22/2016 2:01:47 AM, harrytruman wrote:
Hell is not forever, just until you atone for your sins.

ME: So then the smokin' Joes are sent where? What a ridiculous statement, AWW! Forget it, I don't want to answer you .