Total Posts:99|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Repent and believe the good news!

Skepticalone
Posts: 7,076
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 6:28:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

If you can't figure this out for yourself then you don't know what time it is. Always know your surroundings. Babies are innocent until the world around them swallows them whole.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 6:32:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Me the Masonic Slayer because me chop the heads to Satan and all the Devils stepping to me no joke I kill plenty
rnjs
Posts: 677
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 7,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
dee-em
Posts: 8,217
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 12:15:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

Is it moral for the son to be held accountable for the sins of the father? No system of law in human society implements such a barbaric statute. One (alleged) mistake, infinite punishment. If no, why do you condone this behaviour?
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 12:18:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.

Which within omniscience was known would end beautifully, thus the only reality that ever existed for us.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 29,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:51:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 12:18:39 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.

Which within omniscience was known would end beautifully, thus the only reality that ever existed for us.
You mean with the deaths of over 100billion humans, beautiful. Dummy.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:54:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 1:51:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/10/2016 12:18:39 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.

Which within omniscience was known would end beautifully, thus the only reality that ever existed for us.
You mean with the deaths of over 100billion humans, beautiful. Dummy.

If we are eternal, your rebuttle is meaningless. It's a variable in the construct of the equation of reality.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 29,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:56:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 1:54:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/10/2016 1:51:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/10/2016 12:18:39 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.

Which within omniscience was known would end beautifully, thus the only reality that ever existed for us.
You mean with the deaths of over 100billion humans, beautiful. Dummy.

If we are eternal, your rebuttle is meaningless. It's a variable in the construct of the equation of reality.
Ha Ha Ha 100billion deaths does not equate to eternal. LMFAO.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 2:00:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 1:56:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/10/2016 1:54:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/10/2016 1:51:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/10/2016 12:18:39 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.

Which within omniscience was known would end beautifully, thus the only reality that ever existed for us.
You mean with the deaths of over 100billion humans, beautiful. Dummy.

If we are eternal, your rebuttle is meaningless. It's a variable in the construct of the equation of reality.
Ha Ha Ha 100billion deaths does not equate to eternal. LMFAO.

In your belief system which you cannot describe its foundation or construct of logic.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 2:01:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 1:56:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/10/2016 1:54:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/10/2016 1:51:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/10/2016 12:18:39 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.

Which within omniscience was known would end beautifully, thus the only reality that ever existed for us.
You mean with the deaths of over 100billion humans, beautiful. Dummy.

If we are eternal, your rebuttle is meaningless. It's a variable in the construct of the equation of reality.
Ha Ha Ha 100billion deaths does not equate to eternal. LMFAO.

Tell us how reality began.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 29,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 2:19:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 2:00:20 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/10/2016 1:56:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/10/2016 1:54:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/10/2016 1:51:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/10/2016 12:18:39 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.

Which within omniscience was known would end beautifully, thus the only reality that ever existed for us.
You mean with the deaths of over 100billion humans, beautiful. Dummy.

If we are eternal, your rebuttle is meaningless. It's a variable in the construct of the equation of reality.
Ha Ha Ha 100billion deaths does not equate to eternal. LMFAO.

In your belief system which you cannot describe its foundation or construct of logic.
Do tell me about my belief system, I could do with a good belly laugh.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
FaustianJustice
Posts: 7,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 2:20:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 12:18:39 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.

Which within omniscience was known would end beautifully, thus the only reality that ever existed for us.

Um... what? No offense, but that is a string of incoherent words. I get you wanted to rebut, but what you have thus far put forth is not coherent. I think I know what you want to say, but I would prefer not to put words in your mouth.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,076
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 3:17:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

You can't choose to be evil if you don't know what evil is. If our lack of knowledge was the problem the creator is at fault.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:11:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2016 6:36:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:32:55 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

He didn't make us that way, we chose to rebel and what we are now is the consequence.

If you take the garden of Eden story at face value, humanity was tricked, as humanity would never know what Good and Evil was until they at the fruit.

How is a person supposed to know what a lie is if they have never encountered one? That is what happened in the garden. More over, God knew this, knew of Satan's weird little plan to engage the deception, didn't instruct Adam as to what a lie is, and specifically told Adam NOT to find out what the difference between good and evil is by forbidding him of eating from the tree.

Technically no lie was told because Adam was told by God that he would die if he ate the apple. And all Satan said was that he would not die if he ate the apple. So, as you can see clearly no one lied. Right? Both God and Satan told a truth. No?
annanicole
Posts: 21,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:23:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wow, someone calling the creator incompetent.

What an arrogant dumbass.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,076
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:26:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.

Without knowledge of good and evil wrong is an incoherent concept. So, that would be a knowledge problem instead of a nature problem, but still a problem the creator should be accountable to.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
annanicole
Posts: 21,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:34:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 4:26:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.

Without knowledge of good and evil wrong is an incoherent concept. So, that would be a knowledge problem instead of a nature problem, but still a problem the creator should be accountable to.

Please explain, because Adam and Eve certainly knew right from wrong before either of them sinned.
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,076
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:34:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 4:23:57 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Wow, someone calling the creator incompetent.

What an arrogant dumbass.

I know, right!? How dare he challenge sacred ignorance!!
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,076
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:38:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 4:34:51 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:26:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.

Without knowledge of good and evil wrong is an incoherent concept. So, that would be a knowledge problem instead of a nature problem, but still a problem the creator should be accountable to.

Please explain, because Adam and Eve certainly knew right from wrong before either of them sinned.

Did they? They did not have knowledge of good and evil until they ate the magical fruit.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:40:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 4:34:54 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:23:57 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Wow, someone calling the creator incompetent.

What an arrogant dumbass.

I know, right!? How dare he challenge sacred ignorance!!

No, for real.

Assume for a second that there is a creator of creation.

Who the hell are you to call the creator incompetent? What by YOUR standards? What makes you think you are so important?l?

It's stupid, and there ain't no way around that, bucko.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,076
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:49:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 4:40:28 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:34:54 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:23:57 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Wow, someone calling the creator incompetent.

What an arrogant dumbass.

I know, right!? How dare he challenge sacred ignorance!!

No, for real.

Assume for a second that there is a creator of creation.

Who the hell are you to call the creator incompetent? What by YOUR standards? What makes you think you are so important?l?

It's stupid, and there ain't no way around that, bucko.

Actually, you should be aggravated at yourself. If your god allows me free will, then who are you to question my use of it?

Also, you've not answered the question in the OP.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
annanicole
Posts: 21,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 6:46:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 4:38:27 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:34:51 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:26:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.

Without knowledge of good and evil wrong is an incoherent concept. So, that would be a knowledge problem instead of a nature problem, but still a problem the creator should be accountable to.

Please explain, because Adam and Eve certainly knew right from wrong before either of them sinned.

Did they? They did not have knowledge of good and evil until they ate the magical fruit.

... then, when God told them, "Do not eat of this fruit", they wouldn't have comprehended that it would be "good" or "right" not to eat it.
bulproof
Posts: 29,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 7:32:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 6:46:17 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:38:27 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:34:51 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:26:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.

Without knowledge of good and evil wrong is an incoherent concept. So, that would be a knowledge problem instead of a nature problem, but still a problem the creator should be accountable to.

Please explain, because Adam and Eve certainly knew right from wrong before either of them sinned.

Did they? They did not have knowledge of good and evil until they ate the magical fruit.

... then, when God told them, "Do not eat of this fruit", they wouldn't have comprehended that it would be "good" or "right" not to eat it.
That is precisely it. Obedience is a taught response and the god didn't bother to teach it, instead he stupidly just expected it. As a parent he's an abject failure.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
ethang5
Posts: 5,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 12:05:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 4:38:27 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:34:51 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:26:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.

Without knowledge of good and evil wrong is an incoherent concept. So, that would be a knowledge problem instead of a nature problem, but still a problem the creator should be accountable to.

Please explain, because Adam and Eve certainly knew right from wrong before either of them sinned.

Did they? They did not have knowledge of good and evil until they ate the magical fruit.

The fruit wasn't "magical". The knowledge came from the act of disobeying God. In this instance, the act was eating the fruit they were told not to eat.

When they disobeyed God, they spiritually died, they felt that change, which is why they hid when they later heard God approaching.

They knew it was wrong to eat the fruit. They just had no experience of sin before their disobedience. Sort of like knowing about sex and having sex.

But if your case were so strong, you wouldn't have needed the deceptive spin in the OP.
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,076
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:03:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 12:05:21 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:38:27 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:34:51 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:26:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.

Without knowledge of good and evil wrong is an incoherent concept. So, that would be a knowledge problem instead of a nature problem, but still a problem the creator should be accountable to.

Please explain, because Adam and Eve certainly knew right from wrong before either of them sinned.

Did they? They did not have knowledge of good and evil until they ate the magical fruit.

The fruit wasn't "magical". The knowledge came from the act of disobeying God. In this instance, the act was eating the fruit they were told not to eat.

Great..... They couldn't know sin until they sinned. The creator would be accountable for that lack of knowledge.

When they disobeyed God, they spiritually died, they felt that change, which is why they hid when they later heard God approaching.

They knew it was wrong to eat the fruit. They just had no experience of sin before their disobedience. Sort of like knowing about sex and having sex.

But if your case were so strong, you wouldn't have needed the deceptive spin in the OP.

No idea what you're talking about.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,076
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:04:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 6:46:17 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:38:27 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:34:51 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:26:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.

Without knowledge of good and evil wrong is an incoherent concept. So, that would be a knowledge problem instead of a nature problem, but still a problem the creator should be accountable to.

Please explain, because Adam and Eve certainly knew right from wrong before either of them sinned.

Did they? They did not have knowledge of good and evil until they ate the magical fruit.

... then, when God told them, "Do not eat of this fruit", they wouldn't have comprehended that it would be "good" or "right" not to eat it.

Okay, I think we may be saying the same thing.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
ethang5
Posts: 5,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:43:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/10/2016 1:03:21 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 12:05:21 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:38:27 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:34:51 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:26:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/10/2016 4:13:20 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/9/2016 6:15:59 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost


How is this anything other than,"Repent for being imperfect to the one who made you that way so you may be favored by that same incompetent (and/or unreasonable) creator'?

It's not "repent because you were made imperfect." It's "Repent because you were given a choice, and you made the wrong choice(s)." So there are two choices regarding this "imperfection": no choice at all, or the freedom of choice. I am assuming that you regard "no choice at all" as ... perfection.

Without knowledge of good and evil wrong is an incoherent concept. So, that would be a knowledge problem instead of a nature problem, but still a problem the creator should be accountable to.

Please explain, because Adam and Eve certainly knew right from wrong before either of them sinned.

Did they? They did not have knowledge of good and evil until they ate the magical fruit.

The fruit wasn't "magical". The knowledge came from the act of disobeying God. In this instance, the act was eating the fruit they were told not to eat.

Great..... They couldn't know sin until they sinned.

The text says they did not have the knowledge of good and evil, not that they did not know sin. The word "know" can have more than one meaning. But you need the silly spin no? Carry on.

The creator would be accountable for that lack of knowledge.

What lack of knowledge? Atheist playing fast and loose with articles again. God was responsible for them never having experienced sin? How is that a fault?

What? Oh, you just want to create that impression? Sorry. Carry on. I will join in again when you move from all spin to some substance.

When they disobeyed God, they spiritually died, they felt that change, which is why they hid when they later heard God approaching.

They knew it was wrong to eat the fruit. They just had no experience of sin before their disobedience. Sort of like knowing about sex and having sex.

But if your case were so strong, you wouldn't have needed the deceptive spin in the OP.

No idea what you're talking about.

lol. Of course you don't.