Jump to topic:

Catholic Numbers

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 12:44:55 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
When a Catholic dies, if they were baptised as a baby, are they still registered as being Catholics on the books?

How long ago was someone excommunicated?

Who keeps the "Members Book" ?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:35:10 AM
Trying to find a way to heaven skull?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:47:35 AM
At 6/10/2016 12:44:55 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
When a Catholic dies, if they were baptised as a baby, are they still registered as being Catholics on the books?

One is still a Catholic unless they send a letter to their bishop renouncing their faith.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 2:40:57 AM
At 6/10/2016 1:47:35 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

One is still a Catholic unless they send a letter to their bishop renouncing their faith.

ME: What if they don't' bother to send the letter and just join another religion, are they then members of both "clubs"?

ME: So, the ninety million Catholics are all that ever were put in the members book and could be around a couple of million in real earthly terms?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 2:58:05 AM
At 6/10/2016 2:40:57 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

ME: What if they don't' bother to send the letter and just join another religion, are they then members of both "clubs"?

ME: So, the ninety million Catholics are all that ever were put in the members book and could be around a couple of million in real earthly terms?

The terms millions and billions and brazilians really confuse you don't they.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 6:40:48 AM
People, like Adolf Hitler, who never renounced their Roman Catholic faith nor were excommunicated by the pope were still Roman Catholics at the time of their death.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 7:04:08 AM
At 6/10/2016 6:40:48 AM, desmac wrote:
People, like Adolf Hitler, who never renounced their Roman Catholic faith nor were excommunicated by the pope were still Roman Catholics at the time of their death.

ME: SO, to claim that there are 90 million is a bit of a scam. You wouldn't expect the Vatican to do that , now would you?

What if they got to their heaven and then renounced the faith?

The Hitler thing. The pope was approached by some other religion clergy, and I believe some of his own priests in Germany to excommunicate Hitler to stop the slaughter. Apparently, the Pope had no problem with the Jews being wiped out, and he felt that his lot would go to heaven anyway, so why bother.

Of course, had he been excommunicated it would have diminished his armies, if they were true catholics.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 11:01:41 AM

Yes

Well, I have an issue with the use of the word "real" in your comments. If you join an organization that has specific rules about resigning, and you don't follow them, I completely understand if that organization still considers you a member.

And where does your 90 million number come from? Which country are you referring?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 12:39:47 PM
At 6/10/2016 11:01:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Yes

Well, I have an issue with the use of the word "real" in your comments. If you join an organization that has specific rules about resigning, and you don't follow them, I completely understand if that organization still considers you a member.

And where does your 90 million number come from? Which country are you referring?

Most people do not join the organisation of the RC church. They are forced into it in the first weeks of their lives, usually by their parents. They literally have no say in the matter as they cannot yet speak.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:11:28 PM
At 6/10/2016 12:39:47 PM, desmac wrote:

Yes

Most people do not join the organisation of the RC church. They are forced into it in the first weeks of their lives, usually by their parents. They literally have no say in the matter as they cannot yet speak.

Much like their parents force them to join the public school system. Regardless of how they joined, they're still bound by the rules. School kids can't say, "I was forced to go to school, so I'm not bound by the rules against talking in class."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 3:54:39 AM
At 6/10/2016 12:39:47 PM, desmac wrote:

Yes

desmac You are a whack-O
The Jews did not become part of their nation until they were Circumcised! Circumcised at eight days old!

The Kingdom of God is the very same. Immersed into Jesus is being RE-formed into the ONLY Child of God! If NOT in Jesus then God is NOT your father! It is just this simple!

desmac NUT-IN says, people cannot sin.. All Catholics are sinners thus they are Catholic!! The Catholic Church is full to the rafters with sinners but the Church remains Pure and Holy the Bride of Christ! Clearly you are without any sins.. You don't need Jesus or his holy bride!