Jump to topic:

Any Arian Christians? A question.

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2016 5:48:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
What are Arians' opinion on the doctrines of Paul(Salvation through Christmas, abolition of Mosaic Law et cerera)? Do they differ in any significant way to Trinitrians or Catholic/Eastern Orthodox Christians?
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 7:09:01 AM
At 6/11/2016 5:48:28 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
What are Arians' opinion on the doctrines of Paul(Salvation through Christmas, abolition of Mosaic Law et cerera)? Do they differ in any significant way to Trinitrians or Catholic/Eastern Orthodox Christians?

Arianism was a heresy and was annihilated, the chances of finding an Arian are slim to none. Where they differ with other trinitarians is that they believe that God, the Father, is more significant than the other parts of the trinity. In a sense you could say they're nontrinitarians because they believe that the Holy Spirit and the Son are unbegotten and neither are equal to the divinity of the Father.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 7:36:30 AM
At 6/13/2016 7:09:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Arianism was a heresy and was annihilated, the chances of finding an Arian are slim to none. Where they differ with other trinitarians is that they believe that God, the Father, is more significant than the other parts of the trinity. In a sense you could say they're nontrinitarians because they believe that the Holy Spirit and the Son are unbegotten and neither are equal to the divinity of the Father.

Wow that was amazing. I am learning a lot today. Yeaaaa for learning
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 4:52:13 PM

I didn't think Arianism was completely dead, I'd see how the Romans may have wiped them out in the Eastern Empire but how did it die out with the Goths?

I guess this question would.better apply with other unitarian sects like Jehovah Witnesses
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 4:58:05 PM
At 6/13/2016 4:52:13 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

I didn't think Arianism was completely dead, I'd see how the Romans may have wiped them out in the Eastern Empire but how did it die out with the Goths?

I guess this question would.better apply with other unitarian sects like Jehovah Witnesses

Catholicism killed it. I think part of it was that The Christians wanted revenge from Odacer, the first king of Italy who was also an Arian. Buy the time Charlemagne came around they could definitely be considered a dead religion.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 5:03:40 PM
At 6/13/2016 4:58:05 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/13/2016 4:52:13 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Catholicism killed it. I think part of it was that The Christians wanted revenge from Odacer, the first king of Italy who was also an Arian. Buy the time Charlemagne came around they could definitely be considered a dead religion.

Well, the only way I could get this question answered than is if I could petition the Pope to canonize Aries, then resurrect the religion then get my question answered. But first, with a hashtag

#SaintArius
#Ariusdidnothingwrong
"Praise Allah."
~YYW