Total Posts:59|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost

Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 7:00:16 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

Hands down the Father. This is the One True God and the Only True God.

The Son sits at God's Right Hand. This God is the Father. The Holy Spirit flying around who knows where. No one ever PRAYS to or WORSHIPS the Holy Spirit ITself in Bible.
You might just hear IT'S voice but this voice is now Jesus himself.

Wayell, that's because it is the Spirit, Power, Medium of communication, or Presence primarily of the Father who sent it historically. Now in the NAME or identity of the Son among men. STILL not prayed to or worshiped directly.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 1:26:20 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

...or holy something or other. You never paid attention.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 1:32:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 1:26:20 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

...or holy something or other. You never paid attention.

These 3 blokes Matt is talking about ,
Are the ones that caught the last train to he coast. On um what day was it again um um .
Last Tuesday night.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 1:52:41 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 1:32:51 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 1:26:20 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

...or holy something or other. You never paid attention.

These 3 blokes Matt is talking about ,
Are the ones that caught the last train to he coast. On um what day was it again um um .
Last Tuesday night.

To HE coast? YAYuh you on the right track. Bible says God is a HE about 11,000 times.
NOT a hehehe. You hee hee God and looky where it got you. To the hehehe problem in the Bible.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 2:14:22 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

Christians talk the least about the Holy Ghost. If they were a rock band, the Holy Ghost is like the bassist, who is always the last one to get laid by the groupie chicks.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 2:26:03 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 1:52:41 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 1:32:51 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 1:26:20 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

...or holy something or other. You never paid attention.

These 3 blokes Matt is talking about ,
Are the ones that caught the last train to he coast. On um what day was it again um um .
Last Tuesday night.

To HE coast? YAYuh you on the right track. Bible says God is a HE about 11,000 times.
NOT a hehehe. You hee hee God and looky where it got you. To the hehehe problem in the Bible.

Wasn't it God himself that gave rock n roll to us all ?
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 7:12:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 2:26:03 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 1:52:41 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 1:32:51 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 1:26:20 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

...or holy something or other. You never paid attention.

These 3 blokes Matt is talking about ,
Are the ones that caught the last train to he coast. On um what day was it again um um .
Last Tuesday night.

To HE coast? YAYuh you on the right track. Bible says God is a HE about 11,000 times.
NOT a hehehe. You hee hee God and looky where it got you. To the hehehe problem in the Bible.

Wasn't it God himself that gave rock n roll to us all ?

Shore nuff. Hunka hunka BURNIN' love babeh.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 7:58:02 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

The Father, because without Him, Jesus and Holy Spirit would be nothing.

Jesus therefore answered them, "Most assuredly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things he does, these the Son also does likewise.
John 5:19
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 8:15:36 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 2:14:22 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

Christians talk the least about the Holy Ghost. If they were a rock band, the Holy Ghost is like the bassist, who is always the last one to get laid by the groupie chicks.

Wrong analogy. We ONLY know God whom we have never seen OR heard of normal audible voice FROM the Ruach or Wind or Breath of God. This sound ain't EXACTLY like a normal voice. It whisperin' and then it is gone to who KNOWS where.

This is WHY Jesus said he would ask the Father to SEND IT. In Jesus' own name, since he will not leave us ORPHANS.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:43:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 7:00:16 AM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

Hands down the Father. This is the One True God and the Only True God.

The Son sits at God's Right Hand. This God is the Father. The Holy Spirit flying around who knows where. No one ever PRAYS to or WORSHIPS the Holy Spirit ITself in Bible.
You might just hear IT'S voice but this voice is now Jesus himself.

Wayell, that's because it is the Spirit, Power, Medium of communication, or Presence primarily of the Father who sent it historically. Now in the NAME or identity of the Son among men. STILL not prayed to or worshiped directly.

These responses are interesting...

Christians say they are all the same yet the ones that responded had a favorite. Doesn't that sound like a conflict to you?
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 7:58:02 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

The Father, because without Him, Jesus and Holy Spirit would be nothing.

Jesus therefore answered them, "Most assuredly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things he does, these the Son also does likewise.
John 5:19

If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:31:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 8:15:36 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 2:14:22 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

Christians talk the least about the Holy Ghost. If they were a rock band, the Holy Ghost is like the bassist, who is always the last one to get laid by the groupie chicks.

Wrong analogy. We ONLY know God whom we have never seen OR heard of normal audible voice FROM the Ruach or Wind or Breath of God. This sound ain't EXACTLY like a normal voice. It whisperin' and then it is gone to who KNOWS where.

This is WHY Jesus said he would ask the Father to SEND IT. In Jesus' own name, since he will not leave us ORPHANS.

It would seem that Christians have to resort to profound sounding, obscure gibberish that is void of content to make their point.

Can you rephrase that using established facts and logic please?
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 3:52:45 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 2:31:13 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/14/2016 8:15:36 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 2:14:22 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

Christians talk the least about the Holy Ghost. If they were a rock band, the Holy Ghost is like the bassist, who is always the last one to get laid by the groupie chicks.

Wrong analogy. We ONLY know God whom we have never seen OR heard of normal audible voice FROM the Ruach or Wind or Breath of God. This sound ain't EXACTLY like a normal voice. It whisperin' and then it is gone to who KNOWS where.

This is WHY Jesus said he would ask the Father to SEND IT. In Jesus' own name, since he will not leave us ORPHANS.

It would seem that Christians have to resort to profound sounding, obscure gibberish that is void of content to make their point.

Can you rephrase that using established facts and logic please?

You mean like Einstein? He was not religious, far as I know.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 4:09:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 3:52:45 AM, nothead wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:31:13 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/14/2016 8:15:36 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 2:14:22 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

Christians talk the least about the Holy Ghost. If they were a rock band, the Holy Ghost is like the bassist, who is always the last one to get laid by the groupie chicks.

Wrong analogy. We ONLY know God whom we have never seen OR heard of normal audible voice FROM the Ruach or Wind or Breath of God. This sound ain't EXACTLY like a normal voice. It whisperin' and then it is gone to who KNOWS where.

This is WHY Jesus said he would ask the Father to SEND IT. In Jesus' own name, since he will not leave us ORPHANS.

It would seem that Christians have to resort to profound sounding, obscure gibberish that is void of content to make their point.

Can you rephrase that using established facts and logic please?

You mean like Einstein? He was not religious, far as I know.

Ill take that as a no. I don't think its possible.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 5:34:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 4:09:56 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 3:52:45 AM, nothead wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:31:13 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/14/2016 8:15:36 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/14/2016 2:14:22 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:42:19 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know any of them personally.
But the holy ghost one sounds cool.
His my fave cause I can picture Robin saying holy ghost batman.

Christians talk the least about the Holy Ghost. If they were a rock band, the Holy Ghost is like the bassist, who is always the last one to get laid by the groupie chicks.

Wrong analogy. We ONLY know God whom we have never seen OR heard of normal audible voice FROM the Ruach or Wind or Breath of God. This sound ain't EXACTLY like a normal voice. It whisperin' and then it is gone to who KNOWS where.

This is WHY Jesus said he would ask the Father to SEND IT. In Jesus' own name, since he will not leave us ORPHANS.

It would seem that Christians have to resort to profound sounding, obscure gibberish that is void of content to make their point.

Can you rephrase that using established facts and logic please?

You mean like Einstein? He was not religious, far as I know.

Ill take that as a no. I don't think its possible.

Neither do I. Can't exactly put God on a lab table and dissect him. I know we do that with frogs. YHWH Elohim is a whole different dealybobber, bar none.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 6:24:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?

Bible tells God is greater than Jesus, so I think they are not the same.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 6:27:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

Daddy's best, then baby, then spooky.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 6:43:30 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 6:27:50 PM, desmac wrote:
At 6/14/2016 5:34:11 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Which one is your favorite and why?

Daddy's best, then baby, then spooky.

lol, yeah, that's what seems to be the general consensus.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 6:24:50 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?

Bible tells God is greater than Jesus, so I think they are not the same.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know". It seems many theists make absolute statements about things they could not possibly know. Sometimes suspicions are more appropriate than categorizing ideas as statements.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 10:00:23 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:24:50 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?

Bible tells God is greater than Jesus, so I think they are not the same.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know". It seems many theists make absolute statements about things they could not possibly know. Sometimes suspicions are more appropriate than categorizing ideas as statements.

This goes both ways my friend. The difference between an agnostic and an atheist is only the degree of CLAIM to know. Agnostics claim to know little. Atheists claim God does not exist. They KNOW it.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 12:08:41 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 10:00:23 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:24:50 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?

Bible tells God is greater than Jesus, so I think they are not the same.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know". It seems many theists make absolute statements about things they could not possibly know. Sometimes suspicions are more appropriate than categorizing ideas as statements.

This goes both ways my friend. The difference between an agnostic and an atheist is only the degree of CLAIM to know. Agnostics claim to know little. Atheists claim God does not exist. They KNOW it.

Specifically, I don't own a belief in a interventionist, personal god. Because of the definition of "god", that would make me an atheist. I find it inconceivable that a jealous, angry, vengeful human-ish being in the sky obsessively watches a species called humans on a tiny speck of dirt called earth, particularly to see if they misuse their genitals.

Although I reject religious claims outright due to contradictions and inconsistencies (for the same reason you reject Mormonism), I acknowledge the possibility there may be consciousness and/or intelligence outside of our minds. I believe any conjecture to define that any further would be wholly unsubstantiated however.

One can be an atheist and not be a materialist.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 8:26:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know".

Thanks, I would like to know, why you disagree?
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 2:23:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 8:26:17 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know".

Thanks, I would like to know, why you disagree?

Because the foundation of what you believe is dependent on the credibility of the bible.

If you start asking questions like how do you know the bible is true, the credibility starts to unravel. Whatever the answer is, then ask yourself again how you know that. If you keep asking that question, you will find that there is no reliable evidence anywhere at the foundation of the belief. Once you realize that, the inconsistencies jump out even more. The more you dig with an unbiased mind, the faster if falls apart.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 6:19:46 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 12:08:41 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 10:00:23 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:24:50 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?

Bible tells God is greater than Jesus, so I think they are not the same.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know". It seems many theists make absolute statements about things they could not possibly know. Sometimes suspicions are more appropriate than categorizing ideas as statements.

This goes both ways my friend. The difference between an agnostic and an atheist is only the degree of CLAIM to know. Agnostics claim to know little. Atheists claim God does not exist. They KNOW it.

Specifically, I don't own a belief in a interventionist, personal god. Because of the definition of "god", that would make me an atheist. I find it inconceivable that a jealous, angry, vengeful human-ish being in the sky obsessively watches a species called humans on a tiny speck of dirt called earth, particularly to see if they misuse their genitals.

Although I reject religious claims outright due to contradictions and inconsistencies (for the same reason you reject Mormonism), I acknowledge the possibility there may be consciousness and/or intelligence outside of our minds. I believe any conjecture to define that any further would be wholly unsubstantiated however.

One can be an atheist and not be a materialist.

Most thinking Christians don't believe God is a man in the sky. Even the one Partner they called a man on earth isn't a man in the sky but God.

Your next step is getting beyond arbitrary or random intelligence. The intelligence inherent to the one true God is for goodness and the ideal, not either/or.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:01:58 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 6:19:46 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/16/2016 12:08:41 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 10:00:23 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:24:50 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?

Bible tells God is greater than Jesus, so I think they are not the same.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know". It seems many theists make absolute statements about things they could not possibly know. Sometimes suspicions are more appropriate than categorizing ideas as statements.

This goes both ways my friend. The difference between an agnostic and an atheist is only the degree of CLAIM to know. Agnostics claim to know little. Atheists claim God does not exist. They KNOW it.

Specifically, I don't own a belief in a interventionist, personal god. Because of the definition of "god", that would make me an atheist. I find it inconceivable that a jealous, angry, vengeful human-ish being in the sky obsessively watches a species called humans on a tiny speck of dirt called earth, particularly to see if they misuse their genitals.

Although I reject religious claims outright due to contradictions and inconsistencies (for the same reason you reject Mormonism), I acknowledge the possibility there may be consciousness and/or intelligence outside of our minds. I believe any conjecture to define that any further would be wholly unsubstantiated however.

One can be an atheist and not be a materialist.

Most thinking Christians don't believe God is a man in the sky. Even the one Partner they called a man on earth isn't a man in the sky but God.

Your next step is getting beyond arbitrary or random intelligence. The intelligence inherent to the one true God is for goodness and the ideal, not either/or.

A couple things:

1. There is not enough data to define anything, including what intelligence or goodness is in the context of the concept of a god. Its hard to discuss something meaningful when we dont have enough data to define what we are talking about.

2. The technical definition of "god" is more about intervention and less about intelligence. I don't see any evidence of intervention.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 8:15:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 7:01:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:19:46 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/16/2016 12:08:41 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 10:00:23 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:24:50 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?

Bible tells God is greater than Jesus, so I think they are not the same.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know". It seems many theists make absolute statements about things they could not possibly know. Sometimes suspicions are more appropriate than categorizing ideas as statements.

This goes both ways my friend. The difference between an agnostic and an atheist is only the degree of CLAIM to know. Agnostics claim to know little. Atheists claim God does not exist. They KNOW it.

Specifically, I don't own a belief in a interventionist, personal god. Because of the definition of "god", that would make me an atheist. I find it inconceivable that a jealous, angry, vengeful human-ish being in the sky obsessively watches a species called humans on a tiny speck of dirt called earth, particularly to see if they misuse their genitals.

Although I reject religious claims outright due to contradictions and inconsistencies (for the same reason you reject Mormonism), I acknowledge the possibility there may be consciousness and/or intelligence outside of our minds. I believe any conjecture to define that any further would be wholly unsubstantiated however.

One can be an atheist and not be a materialist.

Most thinking Christians don't believe God is a man in the sky. Even the one Partner they called a man on earth isn't a man in the sky but God.

Your next step is getting beyond arbitrary or random intelligence. The intelligence inherent to the one true God is for goodness and the ideal, not either/or.

A couple things:

1. There is not enough data to define anything, including what intelligence or goodness is in the context of the concept of a god. Its hard to discuss something meaningful when we dont have enough data to define what we are talking about.


You think God is gonna show you Himself on a lab table sir?
No man hath even SEEN God, or heard His audible "normal" (human) voice.
2. The technical definition of "god" is more about intervention and less about intelligence. I don't see any evidence of intervention.

You have to make an effort. This is what faith is all about. Sir...God gives you the common sense to seek Him. Now it is up to you to make the next step. This is covenant, the principle of. Give and take. And what God GAVE you to begin with was sufficient for you to give back for your own sake. And what God GIVES you is more than what you CAN give back.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 8:31:24 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 8:15:50 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/16/2016 7:01:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:19:46 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/16/2016 12:08:41 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 10:00:23 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:24:50 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?

Bible tells God is greater than Jesus, so I think they are not the same.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know". It seems many theists make absolute statements about things they could not possibly know. Sometimes suspicions are more appropriate than categorizing ideas as statements.

This goes both ways my friend. The difference between an agnostic and an atheist is only the degree of CLAIM to know. Agnostics claim to know little. Atheists claim God does not exist. They KNOW it.

Specifically, I don't own a belief in a interventionist, personal god. Because of the definition of "god", that would make me an atheist. I find it inconceivable that a jealous, angry, vengeful human-ish being in the sky obsessively watches a species called humans on a tiny speck of dirt called earth, particularly to see if they misuse their genitals.

Although I reject religious claims outright due to contradictions and inconsistencies (for the same reason you reject Mormonism), I acknowledge the possibility there may be consciousness and/or intelligence outside of our minds. I believe any conjecture to define that any further would be wholly unsubstantiated however.

One can be an atheist and not be a materialist.

Most thinking Christians don't believe God is a man in the sky. Even the one Partner they called a man on earth isn't a man in the sky but God.

Your next step is getting beyond arbitrary or random intelligence. The intelligence inherent to the one true God is for goodness and the ideal, not either/or.

A couple things:

1. There is not enough data to define anything, including what intelligence or goodness is in the context of the concept of a god. Its hard to discuss something meaningful when we dont have enough data to define what we are talking about.


You think God is gonna show you Himself on a lab table sir?
No man hath even SEEN God, or heard His audible "normal" (human) voice.

That's exactly my point. If god wants us to know him and he is all powerful, it would seem he has the motivation and the ability to provide evidence.

2. The technical definition of "god" is more about intervention and less about intelligence. I don't see any evidence of intervention.

You have to make an effort. This is what faith is all about. Sir...God gives you the common sense to seek Him. Now it is up to you to make the next step. This is covenant, the principle of. Give and take. And what God GAVE you to begin with was sufficient for you to give back for your own sake. And what God GIVES you is more than what you CAN give back.

I have made a great effort to seek the truth my whole life and I started out Christian. My worldview now is the result of my search.

As stated before, I have found no evidence of an interventionist god.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 8:40:03 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 8:31:24 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 8:15:50 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/16/2016 7:01:58 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:19:46 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/16/2016 12:08:41 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 10:00:23 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:47:06 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 6:24:50 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:27:43 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If you have a favorite, does that mean they are not the same?

Bible tells God is greater than Jesus, so I think they are not the same.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

Although I disagree, I have to give you props for using the word "think" rather than "know". It seems many theists make absolute statements about things they could not possibly know. Sometimes suspicions are more appropriate than categorizing ideas as statements.

This goes both ways my friend. The difference between an agnostic and an atheist is only the degree of CLAIM to know. Agnostics claim to know little. Atheists claim God does not exist. They KNOW it.

Specifically, I don't own a belief in a interventionist, personal god. Because of the definition of "god", that would make me an atheist. I find it inconceivable that a jealous, angry, vengeful human-ish being in the sky obsessively watches a species called humans on a tiny speck of dirt called earth, particularly to see if they misuse their genitals.

Although I reject religious claims outright due to contradictions and inconsistencies (for the same reason you reject Mormonism), I acknowledge the possibility there may be consciousness and/or intelligence outside of our minds. I believe any conjecture to define that any further would be wholly unsubstantiated however.

One can be an atheist and not be a materialist.

Most thinking Christians don't believe God is a man in the sky. Even the one Partner they called a man on earth isn't a man in the sky but God.

Your next step is getting beyond arbitrary or random intelligence. The intelligence inherent to the one true God is for goodness and the ideal, not either/or.

A couple things:

1. There is not enough data to define anything, including what intelligence or goodness is in the context of the concept of a god. Its hard to discuss something meaningful when we dont have enough data to define what we are talking about.


You think God is gonna show you Himself on a lab table sir?
No man hath even SEEN God, or heard His audible "normal" (human) voice.

That's exactly my point. If god wants us to know him and he is all powerful, it would seem he has the motivation and the ability to provide evidence.

2. The technical definition of "god" is more about intervention and less about intelligence. I don't see any evidence of intervention.

You have to make an effort. This is what faith is all about. Sir...God gives you the common sense to seek Him. Now it is up to you to make the next step. This is covenant, the principle of. Give and take. And what God GAVE you to begin with was sufficient for you to give back for your own sake. And what God GIVES you is more than what you CAN give back.

I have made a great effort to seek the truth my whole life and I started out Christian. My worldview now is the result of my search.

As stated before, I have found no evidence of an interventionist god.

It may be from no fault of your own. God hardens the hearts of whom He will harden.
And gives blessing to whom He will bless. This does not prevent you from your end of understanding, to not continue to seek until you find. If what you found was nothing, and you decided that this NOTHING of God is absolute, then I consider this your dead end. But now you want to PROSELYTIZE others with your dead end.

I have to disagree and refute.