Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Christ will condemn people?

Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 11:06:58 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Apparently MCB believes that Christ will condemn people for not conforming to his perfect standards. On another thread he wrote.....
At 6/12/2016 11:10:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The only thing I can tell you for certain about them, and the only thing that matters to me, is that the do not conform to the standards set by Christ and his father, and do not appear to have any intention of doing so.

That's enough for me to realise that Christ will condemn everyone of them unless they change.

MCB, your belief that Christ will condemn anyone is unscriptural. According to scripture Christ was not sent to condemn anyone.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

So what makes you think Christ will condemn anyone?
Do you think Christ has the same condemning attitude as you do?
Do you think people need to conform to a perfect stand to be accepted?
Are you perfect and sinless?
Do you follow a perfectly sinless example?
If you do not, then you also fail to conform to the standards set by Christ.

Then you wrote....
But then the above applies equally to every faith other than that followed by Christ, the Apostles and Jehovah's Witnesses.

You and the JW's condemn and judge yourselves by condemning and judging others. The JW's actually condemn their own when they disfellowship them and refuse to forgive and reinstate them.
According to scripture they will be judged in exactly the same way as they judge others.

Matt 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

According to the implication of the above scripture those who do not show forgiveness will not be forgiven.
People do not obey the command to "judge not" when they judge others. They do not obey the command to condemn not when they condemn.
Believers and the religions they support are hypocrites who need to cast the beam out of their own eyes because the beam in their eyes makes them blind to the fact that they are not conforming to a perfect standard. They fall far short of it.

They cast stones at others yet they are not without sin themselves.
John 8:7 ........He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

The same applies to all people who think they are somehow superior to others and imply they are following or setting a perfect example and others are not. It makes no difference what religion or non religion people support.
If they condemn other people simply because they do not believe the same as they do, they are not showing any love, mercy, empathy or understanding toward other peoples views.

No gods condemn or reject people. It is only people who condemn and reject other people.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 5:55:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 5:12:30 AM, harrytruman wrote:
Christ will not condemn anybody since he is a man, not G-d.

Christ is a title, like 'Doctor' or 'Teacher ' or President is a title. It is not a man. The word Christ means 'Anointed'.
Claiming Christ is a man is like claiming 'Teacher' is a man. That is not necessarily true even though the title can be applied to a man. Titles are not exclusive to men.

If you are implying that G-d the Father will condemn anyone, you are also wrong IF the following scripture is true...
John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

According to the above G-d the Father will not judge anyone so how could he condemn anyone if he does not judge them in the first place?

The Son also does not judge or condemn anyone according to...

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

and

John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
and

People judge and condemn themselves with their own words according to....

Matt 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

1 Cor 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Matt 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

No Gods judge people. Humans judge themselves and each other.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 5:58:01 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
You cannot prove this with Christian scriptures, Jesus was a man, and there for had no authority in this matter.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 6:09:32 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 5:58:01 AM, harrytruman wrote:
You cannot prove this with Christian scriptures, Jesus was a man, and there for had no authority in this matter.

Can't prove what with scriptures?
I just 'proved' with the above scriptures that Jesus Christ will not judge or condemn anyone and neither will the Father judge or condemn anyone.

Nothing is proven simply by written text anyway.
The people in the bible stories are mythical characters and stories about them prove nothing.
Readers prove themselves to be gullible if they believe that characters with supernatural powers really lived on Earth in the past.
rnjs
Posts: 381
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 5:49:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
People condemn themselves when they reject Gods gift of salvation. Hell was created for Satan and his followers but people choose to go there ,some without realizing it.
Scripture also tells us not to judge unfairly or hypocritically but we have to make many judgements when it comes to people.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 12:51:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 11:06:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Apparently MCB believes that Christ will condemn people for not conforming to his perfect standards. On another thread he wrote.....
At 6/12/2016 11:10:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The only thing I can tell you for certain about them, and the only thing that matters to me, is that the do not conform to the standards set by Christ and his father, and do not appear to have any intention of doing so.

That's enough for me to realise that Christ will condemn everyone of them unless they change.

MCB, your belief that Christ will condemn anyone is unscriptural. According to scripture Christ was not sent to condemn anyone.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

So what makes you think Christ will condemn anyone?
Do you think Christ has the same condemning attitude as you do?
Do you think people need to conform to a perfect stand to be accepted?
Are you perfect and sinless?
Do you follow a perfectly sinless example?
If you do not, then you also fail to conform to the standards set by Christ.

Then you wrote....
But then the above applies equally to every faith other than that followed by Christ, the Apostles and Jehovah's Witnesses.

You and the JW's condemn and judge yourselves by condemning and judging others. The JW's actually condemn their own when they disfellowship them and refuse to forgive and reinstate them.
According to scripture they will be judged in exactly the same way as they judge others.

Matt 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

According to the implication of the above scripture those who do not show forgiveness will not be forgiven.
People do not obey the command to "judge not" when they judge others. They do not obey the command to condemn not when they condemn.
Believers and the religions they support are hypocrites who need to cast the beam out of their own eyes because the beam in their eyes makes them blind to the fact that they are not conforming to a perfect standard. They fall far short of it.

They cast stones at others yet they are not without sin themselves.
John 8:7 ........He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

The same applies to all people who think they are somehow superior to others and imply they are following or setting a perfect example and others are not. It makes no difference what religion or non religion people support.
If they condemn other people simply because they do not believe the same as they do, they are not showing any love, mercy, empathy or understanding toward other peoples views.

No gods condemn or reject people. It is only people who condemn and reject other people.

They can't even figure out which Bible to use. (So they created and are still tweaking their own, which is rejected by all other denominations. NWT)
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 10:15:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 5:49:51 PM, rnjs wrote:
People condemn themselves when they reject Gods gift of salvation.

People do not condemn themselves by rejecting any so called gift of salvation from any God.
People who do not need to be saved from anything do not need salvation.
People who do need to be saved from any danger are generally saved by other people not by any gods.
No personal alive can be saved from ultimate death. ALL die eventually.

Hell was created for Satan and his followers but people choose to go there ,some without realizing it.

Graves are created by people to bury the dead not for any character named Satan. Hell is simply a reference to the grave. All end up in the grave regardless of whether they choose to die or not. Death is faced by all.

Scripture also tells us not to judge unfairly or hypocritically but we have to make many judgements when it comes to people.

Humans judgements are part of human nature. None of us can avoid making daily judgements.
The point is that no God or gods judge people. People judge themselves and each other.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 10:18:44 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 12:51:26 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/15/2016 11:06:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Apparently MCB believes that Christ will condemn people for not conforming to his perfect standards. On another thread he wrote.....
At 6/12/2016 11:10:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The only thing I can tell you for certain about them, and the only thing that matters to me, is that the do not conform to the standards set by Christ and his father, and do not appear to have any intention of doing so.

That's enough for me to realise that Christ will condemn everyone of them unless they change.

MCB, your belief that Christ will condemn anyone is unscriptural. According to scripture Christ was not sent to condemn anyone.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

So what makes you think Christ will condemn anyone?
Do you think Christ has the same condemning attitude as you do?
Do you think people need to conform to a perfect stand to be accepted?
Are you perfect and sinless?
Do you follow a perfectly sinless example?
If you do not, then you also fail to conform to the standards set by Christ.

Then you wrote....
But then the above applies equally to every faith other than that followed by Christ, the Apostles and Jehovah's Witnesses.

You and the JW's condemn and judge yourselves by condemning and judging others. The JW's actually condemn their own when they disfellowship them and refuse to forgive and reinstate them.
According to scripture they will be judged in exactly the same way as they judge others.

Matt 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

According to the implication of the above scripture those who do not show forgiveness will not be forgiven.
People do not obey the command to "judge not" when they judge others. They do not obey the command to condemn not when they condemn.
Believers and the religions they support are hypocrites who need to cast the beam out of their own eyes because the beam in their eyes makes them blind to the fact that they are not conforming to a perfect standard. They fall far short of it.

They cast stones at others yet they are not without sin themselves.
John 8:7 ........He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

The same applies to all people who think they are somehow superior to others and imply they are following or setting a perfect example and others are not. It makes no difference what religion or non religion people support.
If they condemn other people simply because they do not believe the same as they do, they are not showing any love, mercy, empathy or understanding toward other peoples views.

No gods condemn or reject people. It is only people who condemn and reject other people.

They can't even figure out which Bible to use. (So they created and are still tweaking their own, which is rejected by all other denominations. NWT)

It makes no difference which bible any religion uses. They all condemn each others doctrines anyway and claim or imply that their particular sect or religion is the only one which has the truth.
They are all as self deceived as each other.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 10:29:56 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 10:18:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/20/2016 12:51:26 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/15/2016 11:06:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Apparently MCB believes that Christ will condemn people for not conforming to his perfect standards. On another thread he wrote.....
At 6/12/2016 11:10:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The only thing I can tell you for certain about them, and the only thing that matters to me, is that the do not conform to the standards set by Christ and his father, and do not appear to have any intention of doing so.

That's enough for me to realise that Christ will condemn everyone of them unless they change.

MCB, your belief that Christ will condemn anyone is unscriptural. According to scripture Christ was not sent to condemn anyone.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

So what makes you think Christ will condemn anyone?
Do you think Christ has the same condemning attitude as you do?
Do you think people need to conform to a perfect stand to be accepted?
Are you perfect and sinless?
Do you follow a perfectly sinless example?
If you do not, then you also fail to conform to the standards set by Christ.

Then you wrote....
But then the above applies equally to every faith other than that followed by Christ, the Apostles and Jehovah's Witnesses.

You and the JW's condemn and judge yourselves by condemning and judging others. The JW's actually condemn their own when they disfellowship them and refuse to forgive and reinstate them.
According to scripture they will be judged in exactly the same way as they judge others.

Matt 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

According to the implication of the above scripture those who do not show forgiveness will not be forgiven.
People do not obey the command to "judge not" when they judge others. They do not obey the command to condemn not when they condemn.
Believers and the religions they support are hypocrites who need to cast the beam out of their own eyes because the beam in their eyes makes them blind to the fact that they are not conforming to a perfect standard. They fall far short of it.

They cast stones at others yet they are not without sin themselves.
John 8:7 ........He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

The same applies to all people who think they are somehow superior to others and imply they are following or setting a perfect example and others are not. It makes no difference what religion or non religion people support.
If they condemn other people simply because they do not believe the same as they do, they are not showing any love, mercy, empathy or understanding toward other peoples views.

No gods condemn or reject people. It is only people who condemn and reject other people.

They can't even figure out which Bible to use. (So they created and are still tweaking their own, which is rejected by all other denominations. NWT)

It makes no difference which bible any religion uses. They all condemn each others doctrines anyway and claim or imply that their particular sect or religion is the only one which has the truth.
They are all as self deceived as each other.

I disagree with the principle of the argument. I've studied every major religion extinsively. Other than Christianity, they are either nontheistic or somehow involved with demonology according to themselves. Hinduism? Serves demon "gods". Islam? Muhammed received his "revelation" from a demon, according to himself. Buddhism? Nontheistic.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 11:11:22 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 10:29:56 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/20/2016 10:18:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/20/2016 12:51:26 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/15/2016 11:06:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:

No gods condemn or reject people. It is only people who condemn and reject other people.

They can't even figure out which Bible to use. (So they created and are still tweaking their own, which is rejected by all other denominations. NWT)

It makes no difference which bible any religion uses. They all condemn each others doctrines anyway and claim or imply that their particular sect or religion is the only one which has the truth.
They are all as self deceived as each other.

I disagree with the principle of the argument. I've studied every major religion extinsively. Other than Christianity, they are either nontheistic or somehow involved with demonology according to themselves. Hinduism? Serves demon "gods". Islam? Muhammed received his "revelation" from a demon, according to himself. Buddhism? Nontheistic.

The point is that people condemn people who do not conform to their 'ideals'. No invisible gods condemn or enlighten or deceive anyone. Peoples own minds do all those things to them.
What exactly about that principle do you disagree with ?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 1:50:25 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 11:11:22 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/20/2016 10:29:56 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/20/2016 10:18:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/20/2016 12:51:26 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/15/2016 11:06:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:

No gods condemn or reject people. It is only people who condemn and reject other people.

They can't even figure out which Bible to use. (So they created and are still tweaking their own, which is rejected by all other denominations. NWT)

It makes no difference which bible any religion uses. They all condemn each others doctrines anyway and claim or imply that their particular sect or religion is the only one which has the truth.
They are all as self deceived as each other.

I disagree with the principle of the argument. I've studied every major religion extinsively. Other than Christianity, they are either nontheistic or somehow involved with demonology according to themselves. Hinduism? Serves demon "gods". Islam? Muhammed received his "revelation" from a demon, according to himself. Buddhism? Nontheistic.


The point is that people condemn people who do not conform to their 'ideals'. No invisible gods condemn or enlighten or deceive anyone. Peoples own minds do all those things to them.
What exactly about that principle do you disagree with ?

Some ideologies should be condemned. Such as? This one...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 1:50:58 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Stanism and the Satanic Bible-

Believers have been described as "atheistic Satanists" because they believe that God is not an external entity, but rather something that each person creates as a projection of his or her own personality"a benevolent and stabilizing force in his or her life.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 1:53:22 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
The Satanic Bible is composed of four books: The Book of Satan, The Book of Lucifer, The Book of Belial, and The Book of Leviathan. The Book of Satan challenges the Ten Commandments and the Golden Rule, and promotes Epicureanism.[9] The Book of Lucifer holds most of the philosophy in The Satanic Bible, with twelve chapters discussing topics such as indulgence, love, hate, and sex. LaVey also uses the book to dispel rumors surrounding the religion. In The Book of Belial, LaVey details rituals and magic. He discusses the required mindset and focus for performing a ritual, and provides instructions for three rituals: those for sex, compassion, or destruction.[10] The Book of Leviathan provides four invocations for Satan, lust, compassion, and destruction.[11] It also lists the nineteen Enochian Keys (adapted from John Dee's Enochian keys), provided in both Enochian and translated to English.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 2:02:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
The Satanic Bible-

"Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones."

"Why should I not hate mine enemiesR13;if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?"

"Satanism advocates practicing a modified form of the Golden Rule. Our interpretation of this rule is: "Do unto others as they do unto you"; because if you "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and they, in turn, treat you badly, it goes against human nature to continue to treat them with consideration. You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but if your courtesy is not returned, they should be treated with the wrath they deserve."

"I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness."

"The other exception to the rule regards dealings with masochists. A masochist derives pleasure from being hurt; so denying the masochist his pleasure through-pain hurts him just as much as actual physical pain hurts the non masochist. The story of the truly cruel sadist illustrates this point: The masochist says to the sadist, "beat me." To which the merciless sadist replies, "NO!" If a person wants to be hurt and enjoys suffering, then there is no reason not to indulge him in his
wont."

-Anton Szandor LaVey
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 6:33:11 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 1:50:58 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Stanism and the Satanic Bible-

Believers have been described as "atheistic Satanists" because they believe that God is not an external entity, but rather something that each person creates as a projection of his or her own personality"a benevolent and stabilizing force in his or her life.

Stan is god?
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 7:03:19 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 2:02:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The Satanic Bible-

"Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones."

"Why should I not hate mine enemiesR13;if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?"

"Satanism advocates practicing a modified form of the Golden Rule. Our interpretation of this rule is: "Do unto others as they do unto you"; because if you "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and they, in turn, treat you badly, it goes against human nature to continue to treat them with consideration. You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but if your courtesy is not returned, they should be treated with the wrath they deserve."

"I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness."

"The other exception to the rule regards dealings with masochists. A masochist derives pleasure from being hurt; so denying the masochist his pleasure through-pain hurts him just as much as actual physical pain hurts the non masochist. The story of the truly cruel sadist illustrates this point: The masochist says to the sadist, "beat me." To which the merciless sadist replies, "NO!" If a person wants to be hurt and enjoys suffering, then there is no reason not to indulge him in his
wont."

-Anton Szandor LaVey
What is this moron raving about now?
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 7:32:35 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 7:03:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2016 2:02:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The Satanic Bible-

"Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones."

"Why should I not hate mine enemiesR13;if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?"

"Satanism advocates practicing a modified form of the Golden Rule. Our interpretation of this rule is: "Do unto others as they do unto you"; because if you "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and they, in turn, treat you badly, it goes against human nature to continue to treat them with consideration. You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but if your courtesy is not returned, they should be treated with the wrath they deserve."

"I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness."

"The other exception to the rule regards dealings with masochists. A masochist derives pleasure from being hurt; so denying the masochist his pleasure through-pain hurts him just as much as actual physical pain hurts the non masochist. The story of the truly cruel sadist illustrates this point: The masochist says to the sadist, "beat me." To which the merciless sadist replies, "NO!" If a person wants to be hurt and enjoys suffering, then there is no reason not to indulge him in his
wont."

-Anton Szandor LaVey
What is this moron raving about now?

Some god called Stan, apparently.
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 8:46:08 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 7:32:35 AM, desmac wrote:
At 6/21/2016 7:03:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2016 2:02:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The Satanic Bible-

"Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones."

"Why should I not hate mine enemiesR13;if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?"

"Satanism advocates practicing a modified form of the Golden Rule. Our interpretation of this rule is: "Do unto others as they do unto you"; because if you "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and they, in turn, treat you badly, it goes against human nature to continue to treat them with consideration. You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but if your courtesy is not returned, they should be treated with the wrath they deserve."

"I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness."

"The other exception to the rule regards dealings with masochists. A masochist derives pleasure from being hurt; so denying the masochist his pleasure through-pain hurts him just as much as actual physical pain hurts the non masochist. The story of the truly cruel sadist illustrates this point: The masochist says to the sadist, "beat me." To which the merciless sadist replies, "NO!" If a person wants to be hurt and enjoys suffering, then there is no reason not to indulge him in his
wont."

-Anton Szandor LaVey
What is this moron raving about now?

Some god called Stan, apparently.

Oh thanks des, now I get it.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 9:30:25 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 1:50:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/20/2016 11:11:22 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/20/2016 10:29:56 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/20/2016 10:18:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/20/2016 12:51:26 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/15/2016 11:06:58 PM, Skyangel wrote:

No gods condemn or reject people. It is only people who condemn and reject other people.

They can't even figure out which Bible to use. (So they created and are still tweaking their own, which is rejected by all other denominations. NWT)

It makes no difference which bible any religion uses. They all condemn each others doctrines anyway and claim or imply that their particular sect or religion is the only one which has the truth.
They are all as self deceived as each other.

I disagree with the principle of the argument. I've studied every major religion extinsively. Other than Christianity, they are either nontheistic or somehow involved with demonology according to themselves. Hinduism? Serves demon "gods". Islam? Muhammed received his "revelation" from a demon, according to himself. Buddhism? Nontheistic.


The point is that people condemn people who do not conform to their 'ideals'. No invisible gods condemn or enlighten or deceive anyone. Peoples own minds do all those things to them.
What exactly about that principle do you disagree with ?

Some ideologies should be condemned. Such as? This one...

People like you who condemn others, end up being condemned by others. You reap what you sow.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 9:34:21 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 1:50:58 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Stanism and the Satanic Bible-

Believers have been described as "atheistic Satanists" because they believe that God is not an external entity, but rather something that each person creates as a projection of his or her own personality"a benevolent and stabilizing force in his or her life.

What does this have to do with the OP ?
If you wish to discuss some god named Stan, please start a new thread instead of derailing this one.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 9:42:17 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 7:03:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2016 2:02:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The Satanic Bible-

"Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones."

"Why should I not hate mine enemiesR13;if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?"

"Satanism advocates practicing a modified form of the Golden Rule. Our interpretation of this rule is: "Do unto others as they do unto you"; because if you "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and they, in turn, treat you badly, it goes against human nature to continue to treat them with consideration. You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but if your courtesy is not returned, they should be treated with the wrath they deserve."

"I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness."

"The other exception to the rule regards dealings with masochists. A masochist derives pleasure from being hurt; so denying the masochist his pleasure through-pain hurts him just as much as actual physical pain hurts the non masochist. The story of the truly cruel sadist illustrates this point: The masochist says to the sadist, "beat me." To which the merciless sadist replies, "NO!" If a person wants to be hurt and enjoys suffering, then there is no reason not to indulge him in his
wont."

-Anton Szandor LaVey
What is this moron raving about now?

Bronty is merely displaying proof of his copy and paste and derailing skills because he doesn't know how to think for himself or answer questions sensibly.